• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Cup

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

dimondus

Captain
Well... It seams FoE is turning in to one of THOUSE games... Any game that demands you spend money to keep up is not worth playing in my opinion - been there done that - got a buyers remorse to show for it.
There are much better ways to spend money than on a bunch of pixels that will stop being relevant pretty soon anyway. I'm all for supporting the developer and having "pay to skip" options, if I enjoy the game I'd gladly pay to keep it going, but things like this event when the best prizes can not obtained without cash... Well I'm hoping it was a one time mistake and will not happen again. Other ways - I'm out. The experience will only go downhill from that point on anyway.
I must assure you - its a standard Inno policy, so better quit now before you spent too much time in frustration.
Many people just play it for fun and not aiming to get top ranks/rewards. For example, I probably won't spend a penny on this event and I expect to get 7-8 lvl building out of 10. You can't get maximum rewards in any online games without spending real money.

DeletedUser111948

I must assure you - its a standard Inno policy, so better quit now before you spent too much time in frustration.
Many people just play it for fun and not aiming to get top ranks/rewards. For example, I probably won't spend a penny on this event and I expect to get 7-8 lvl building out of 10. You can't get maximum rewards in any online games without spending real money.
Actually it's not - I've been playing this game for over 2 years in sum now - there was a break in a middle but I'm back for over a year atm. And I have to say I never had to spend money to get anything I wanted - occasionally some RNG got in a way and you COULD mitigate it with diamonds if you got unlucky, which I'm ok with, but there have never been a hard pay wall like in this one. Everything you need you could get for free with some luck and patience and it is one of the biggest reasons I played this game for so long...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Actually it's not - I've been playing this game for over 2 years in sum now - there was a break in a middle but I'm back for over a year atm. And I have to say I never had to spend money to get anything I wanted - occasionally some RNG got in a way and you COULD mitigate it with diamonds if you got unlucky, which I'm ok with, but there have never been a hard pay wall like in this one. Everything you need you could get for free with some luck and patience and it is one of the biggest reasons I played this game for so long...
There's still 10 days iirc to go and Beta, and the beta player base has been in complete uproar over the lack of Upgrade Kits in the daily specials... give it a chance, there's still time that Inno *might* throw the upgrades in for 1 day. (but probably not!)

Still, it seems a bit silly to whine about "only" being able to get on average a Lv7 ToI's for free, when this event has thus far, wait for it....
Provided alternatives for EVERY. SINGLE. SCOUT/AQUIRE. QUEST!!!

Like c'mon everyone, just for this fact alone this event is light years better than every other event so far this year!
How often are we *****ing & moaning about always being "forced" to move at breakneck pace across the continent map? Now we get a 31 day event that with only 10 more days to go on beta, has required exactly 0 - yes 0!! main map advancement!

Colour me hyped & happy just on this fact alone! :D

DeletedUser111357

I'm very disappionted that this event hasn't linked on to previous buildings in football events (i.e. Grandstand) with upgrades like in recent events.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Hmmm, ok, so no upgrades in the daily specials in Beta...yet. Keep us posted please! :D It would be great to get a day at least...But I don't know if I can wait 10 more days to be sure I won't miss out on upgrades, if I kick the ball around a bit before that.

DeletedUser101637

over in beta, with spending free diamonds to buy 1 large set of energy drinks. i estimate level 8 tol. so without diamond, level 7 is probably best you can expect. unless they have the upgrade kit as a daily special, which i havent seen over in beta

DeletedUser111948

There's still 10 days iirc to go and Beta, and the beta player base has been in complete uproar over the lack of Upgrade Kits in the daily specials... give it a chance, there's still time that Inno *might* throw the upgrades in for 1 day. (but probably not!)

Still, it seems a bit silly to whine about "only" being able to get on average a Lv7 ToI's for free, when this event has thus far, wait for it....

Like c'mon everyone, just for this fact alone this event is light years better than every other event so far this year!
How often are we *****ing & moaning about always being "forced" to move at breakneck pace across the continent map? Now we get a 31 day event that with only 10 more days to go on beta, has required exactly 0 - yes 0!! main map advancement!

Colour me hyped & happy just on this fact alone! :D

I'm really hoping that it will show up as daily special...
I do admit that the quests are really well done for this one - I have 0 complains about any of them and hope that this is how they re going do to this events in the future.
Having sad that it does not excuse the money milking, neither it makes it any better - decorating a pile of manure in sparkles and ribbons does not stop it form stinking.
Every "free to play" game has two types of players - the paying players and the free ones:
Paying players tend to be adults and young professionals with jobs and disposable income - they have money but often are pressed for time. That lack of time is what often drives them to buy "pay to skip" items and all kinds of extras in events because they missed a day or two but still want a reward. Thous are although people that often don't have the time to help all their friends/neighbors on a daily basis, check market every few hours, can't be relied on to complete GE every time. There are exceptions of course, but in general that is how it goes.
Free players tend to be kids and students - people with good chunk of free time but not that much money for gaming. This is the most active gaming group that has plenty of time to participate in every aspect of the game.
Ironically while the paying players is what keeps the game profitable for the company it is the free players that make it active, lively and attractive for paying ones to play.
As a result every time a game goes the rout that excludes free players from being competitive and getting the prizes it damages it's overall player base.
In FoE it means ending up in dead neighborhoods where getting motivation on your new shiny event buildings is not going to happen, getting a market offer you need takes weeks and guilds are all more than half dead...
I know that my protests are likely not going to make any difference, but I played this game long enough that I do care about what will happen to it. I feel obliged to voice the warning even if it's going to be ignored - whatever happens at least I did my part and spoke up.

DeletedUser111948

Not likely to happen. Look at your world. There are already players in Gold League, which means they are spending diamonds like crazy.
And that is relevant how?
Again - every game has "wales" - people who spend sometimes thousands on the game, it is although less than 1% of a total player base, it is although true that that games with dead general player base do not attract thous big spenders.
So yep - the gold league is going to be choke full of people who make 50+ goals in a firs day of event, it is normal and expected. The only thing that is odd is them actually allowing us to SEE thouse big spender statistics - they are usually hidden and with a good reason.
It does not change the fact that if "free to play" base has no hope of getting any prizes than thous people, who are likely over 85% of player base, are going to quit and move on to a more friendly environment eventually, leaving empty neighborhoods and a dead game behind.
Than the big spenders follow - to spend money in a more active and lively game. Seen it happen over and over again, if Inno has any sens and hopes for longevity of FoE than they know it as well.

Agent327

Overlord
And that is relevant how?

On the beta there have been a lot of complaints about the setup and the upgrades not being amongst the daily prizes. There was hope that Inno would reconsider this. Do you think it helps if players buy themselves to the top on the first day?

Free players will not leave based on a one time event. They will leave when this becomes structural. SAo the samrt Inno strategy is to do this about every two events. Not like there are not enough events.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm really hoping that it will show up as daily special...
I do admit that the quests are really well done for this one - I have 0 complains about any of them and hope that this is how they re going do to this events in the future.
Having sad that it does not excuse the money milking, neither it makes it any better - decorating a pile of manure in sparkles and ribbons does not stop it form stinking.
Every "free to play" game has two types of players - the paying players and the free ones:
Paying players tend to be adults and young professionals with jobs and disposable income - they have money but often are pressed for time. That lack of time is what often drives them to buy "pay to skip" items and all kinds of extras in events because they missed a day or two but still want a reward. Thous are although people that often don't have the time to help all their friends/neighbors on a daily basis, check market every few hours, can't be relied on to complete GE every time. There are exceptions of course, but in general that is how it goes.
Free players tend to be kids and students - people with good chunk of free time but not that much money for gaming. This is the most active gaming group that has plenty of time to participate in every aspect of the game.
Ironically while the paying players is what keeps the game profitable for the company it is the free players that make it active, lively and attractive for paying ones to play.
As a result every time a game goes the rout that excludes free players from being competitive and getting the prizes it damages it's overall player base.
In FoE it means ending up in dead neighborhoods where getting motivation on your new shiny event buildings is not going to happen, getting a market offer you need takes weeks and guilds are all more than half dead...
I know that my protests are likely not going to make any difference, but I played this game long enough that I do care about what will happen to it. I feel obliged to voice the warning even if it's going to be ignored - whatever happens at least I did my part and spoke up.
If you're active enough, you can earn 1000's of "free" diamonds just by saving up your weekly GE wins and/or quest rewards that are boosted by CF.

I made a one-time purchase last year during the first 'Spring Cherry Garden' event after getting royally RNG-screwed...
With only a $70'ish one-time purchase, (had roughly 3k left after event spending), and now a year & and a bit's worth of weekly GE + quest rewards, I'm sitting on 9.2k diamonds.
And that's with already having purchased all the diamond expansions through HMA as well.

If I *really* wanted too, I could readily get a Lv10 ToI's... but really, I just don't find it worth it as I want that space right now for other things, like various GB's & plunder-enhancements. ;)

Ricky17890

Private
With the Tholos of Idols building does anyone know if a Tholos of Idol upgrade is part of the daily special prizes? Hence Ive looked on Beta and they dont include them.

Agent327

Overlord
With the Tholos of Idols building does anyone know if a Tholos of Idol upgrade is part of the daily special prizes? Hence Ive looked on Beta and they dont include them.

Question has been answered several times now. That answer does not change.

DeletedUser111866

this event has thus far, wait for it....
This is nice, VERY nice, up to high-flying nice! Yep. But...
the beta player base has been in complete uproar over the lack of Upgrade Kits in the daily specials... give it a chance, there's still time that Inno *might* throw the upgrades in for 1 day. (but probably not!)
This isn't. Maybe they just try to pull your leg into paying them, or using whatever diamonds you have stored to buy the upgrades to lv10 - but then again, why, if extra 1 or 2 FPs out of that 4x4 can be acquired by means that don't require spending diamonds?

DeletedUser113966

Hi, I just have a grumble about the ability to earn, or win, bottles. It has been posted that if you join up, or play on instagram you could, or will win bottles. My grumble is this...the only technology that I have, and I'm sure there's a lot more people out there, is a IMAC...I don't have a cell phone, I only have a land line. I'm feeling that this ability to get the bottles through instagram is prejudicious against all others that don't have the ability to have more technology. I brought it up through a message/question and the peoples there said that I should bring this issue up in the forum...so here it is...I hope that you will allow for us old fogies to be able to win something as well. Thanks for allowing this platform

DeletedUser113966

Well... It seams FoE is turning in to one of THOUSE games... Any game that demands you spend money to keep up is not worth playing in my opinion - been there done that - got a buyers remorse to show for it.
There are much better ways to spend money than on a bunch of pixels that will stop being relevant pretty soon anyway. I'm all for supporting the developer and having "pay to skip" options, if I enjoy the game I'd gladly pay to keep it going, but things like this event when the best prizes can not obtained without cash... Well I'm hoping it was a one time mistake and will not happen again. Other ways - I'm out. The experience will only go downhill from that point on anyway.
Well said!!!!!...I'm a newbie and I've already spent a crap load of money on basically nothing. But it's hard not too in the same breath...I'll be stopping this nonsense about purchasing diamonds...but it's pretty hard not to when you need them in the wars, and games. That's my added voice

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The economic dynamics of this game are simple.

Some people spend money which allows the rest of us to play for free.

To encourage the spenders there needs to be an incentive. If we could all achieve maximum results without spending, the incentive would disappear and so would the game.

So I say "thank you" to the diamond players and I have no problem with them having a slight and temporary advantage over us freeloaders.

I've got to 25th in Dinegu without spending a penny, so it can't be that bad.

DeletedUser112017

The economic dynamics of this game are simple.

Some people spend money which allows the rest of us to play for free.

To encourage the spenders there needs to be an incentive. If we could all achieve maximum results without spending, the incentive would disappear and so would the game.

So I say "thank you" to the diamond players and I have no problem with them having a slight and temporary advantage over us freeloaders.

I've got to 25th in Dinegu without spending a penny, so it can't be that bad.

Every single word is spot on. And Inno itself clearly said non-paying players are equally important as those paying for premium options, they are all part of same ecosystem in game.

It is quite subjective to determine how much of a advantage money brings, but from my personal experience Inno is doing great job and not turning into pay to win. (maybe because there is no "win", but nevertheless)

Note: this is really my personal view, it has nothing to do with me being a mod