• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Cup

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date
Well... It seams FoE is turning in to one of THOUSE games... Any game that demands you spend money to keep up is not worth playing in my opinion - been there done that - got a buyers remorse to show for it.
There are much better ways to spend money than on a bunch of pixels that will stop being relevant pretty soon anyway. I'm all for supporting the developer and having "pay to skip" options, if I enjoy the game I'd gladly pay to keep it going, but things like this event when the best prizes can not obtained without cash... Well I'm hoping it was a one time mistake and will not happen again. Other ways - I'm out. The experience will only go downhill from that point on anyway.
Support this opinion. It is useless to spend time on event, if I cannot win big prize. For me it is easier to win 4 SoK that will produce 4FP on the same space as ToL Level 10

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Support this opinion. It is useless to spend time on event, if I cannot win big prize. For me it is easier to win 4 SoK that will produce 4FP on the same space as ToL Level 10
It's useless to win 4 free SoK's during an event?:?

Also...
...rumor has it that the ToI's upgrade will be made available on the 9th/10th + one other day later on.

Man, people here really need to go play through an Elvenar event to know what an actual "Pay to Win" reward system from Inno looks like.

DeletedUser113966

I must assure you - its a standard Inno policy, so better quit now before you spent too much time in frustration.
Many people just play it for fun and not aiming to get top ranks/rewards. For example, I probably won't spend a penny on this event and I expect to get 7-8 lvl building out of 10. You can't get maximum rewards in any online games without spending real money.
I don't know how people play this game without spending monies...mind you I'm just a newbie and have been delinquent in "not" reading on how to play and so on. One thing that has bothered me about this particular event is that you don't have the opportunity to acquire free bottles unless you are on instagram...I've put in a complaint about this some weeks ago, and here we go again...I see yesterday they introduced another opportunity to win bottles if you're on instagram. Come on...this is unfair practice when it comes to playing games. There's my two bits into the what ever's of this event.

DeletedUser112892

Sorry to interrupt you by bumping with another Soccer Cup topic. I didn't know that, after specific amount of quests in main questline, there is a cooldown period of 12h to wait. What a pech...

DeletedUser113966

Here's another beef about this event, well not the event but a quest that's associated with the event. I reached a quest that required two things, I complete the first but the second was that I pay the quest 177,000 coins. I had to wait a full week and try to earn this amount over and above so that I could pay and still have some left. I was actually just going to quit at that point but I was getting annoyed that it was in my face every day so I finally relented and paid the price, and the win was not worth the payment let me tell you. I'm angry at myself for spending the "money" on this when I could have put it towards a great building or something. I've never been addicted to a game, and it concerns me now that I am addicted to this, maybe I should stop playing because I'm now into spending and buying diamonds. Speaking of diamonds there isn't a lot of ways to earn them which is frustrating because it appears that you need them in order to advance or fight or whatever. Why can a person not earn enough diamonds to advance etc.,? So far I've just started having the opportunity of earning 20 diamonds here or 30 diamonds there within the questline. Why have the designers made it so difficult in earning anything, not just diamonds but bottles for this event, how about the forge coins? It can take a few weeks of earning forge in order to move along the technology line. If a person goes on a gambling site you can purchase, say 1 million coins for around 1.99, or of course you can win the coins fairly easily and quickly, or you can lose and still get wins everyday where you can build up to a point of being able to play again. Right now there's a sale on...if I want to spend say around $30 I can buy 1700 diamonds and I'll get 300 free bottles. The 300 bottles will get me probably, at the very least, 2 plays on the soccer field. The 1700 diamonds well, you don't get a whole lot of anything within your city for this amount either. Why can't they make it where you get more bang for your buck...wouldn't this be a better choice and that way you'll get more players? I don't want to leave this game but I just can't afford to play anymore...nor can Iafford the frustration this is causing me. I know that I'm being foolish...it's just a game. But for me, it's entertainment. It's something that I can look forward to everyday. I'm severely ill, on a pension and can't work...I hate watching tv everyday, so now I have this...but.......

DeletedUser113966

If you're active enough, you can earn 1000's of "free" diamonds just by saving up your weekly GE wins and/or quest rewards that are boosted by CF.

I made a one-time purchase last year during the first 'Spring Cherry Garden' event after getting royally RNG-screwed...
With only a $70'ish one-time purchase, (had roughly 3k left after event spending), and now a year & and a bit's worth of weekly GE + quest rewards, I'm sitting on 9.2k diamonds.
And that's with already having purchased all the diamond expansions through HMA as well.

If I *really* wanted too, I could readily get a Lv10 ToI's... but really, I just don't find it worth it as I want that space right now for other things, like various GB's & plunder-enhancements. ;)
Hi, What are you talking about here? How can I get in on this winning stream? I'm new...be patient...and please answer my question by maybe emailing me or contacting me I'm CeJy...I would really like to knowwwww

DeletedUser112892

Hi, What are you talking about here? How can I get in on this winning stream? I'm new...be patient...and please answer my question by maybe emailing me or contacting me I'm CeJy...I would really like to knowwwww
Guild Expedition. You can win them in Guild Expeditions :)

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry to interrupt you by bumping with another Soccer Cup topic. I didn't know that, after specific amount of quests in main questline, there is a cooldown period of 12h to wait. What a pech...

There are two questlines. The main questline and daily quests. Daily quests are 1 a day, but to get to them you need to finish the main questlines firts. Both start at the start of the event, so you are playng catch up. Once you hace caught up it is only 1 quest every 24 hours?

So you are new, we need to be patient, but yet you find it very normal to rant like crazy while you are clueless how the game works. Makes perfect sense.

DeletedUser112892

There are two questlines. The main questline and daily quests. Daily quests are 1 a day, but to get to them you need to finish the main questlines firts. Both start at the start of the event, so you are playng catch up. Once you hace caught up it is only 1 quest every 24 hours?
Looks like you are right. Event ends in 12d11h and I have done 54/65 quests. Now I need to wait 3hrs40mins for next quest.

Forwandert

Major-General
I complete the first but the second was that I pay the quest 177,000 coins. I had to wait a full week and try to earn this amount over and above so that I could pay

If your active in GE and events and have started to build up a fair amount of prizes of normal buildings from the usual ones (not premium or special) in your inventory, build and demolish a few. You will get some of the build costs back. I do it sometimes speed up the collect x amount of supplies quests the same way as I don't have any supply buildings. It'll work same for you to build up some coins to spend.

Welcome sports fans (and everyone else, too!) to Forge of Empires Soccer Cup. Check out the full announcement and video here and leave any feedback, questions etc. below!

Enjoy!

Richard & Team
I have a question about the final upgrades of the Tholos of Idols: at the end of the events, nr. 65, you'll get an upgrade. At the end of the Tournament, the Silver and Gold League have (among other rewards) an upgrade as reward. Q: Is that one and the same upgrade reward, or are they 2 upgrades? For example, if I'm now at level 8, will I be at level 10 at the end of the Soccer Cup tournament, when I reached all the events and I'm in the Silver or Gold League?

Emberguard

Legend
Does anyone know if the ToI provides refined or unrefined goods once I get through the ages far enough to need refined goods?

DeletedUser98451

Congrats to the marketing team!! by convincing everyone that the upgrade would not appear as a daily special by not having it in beta they now throw it in... too late guys, most of us will have used the energy drinks by now chasing other stuff and i for one will not use diamonds and fall into your cynical trap

DeletedUser112892

Congrats to the marketing team!! by convincing everyone that the upgrade would not appear as a daily special by not having it in beta they now throw it in... too late guys, most of us will have used the energy drinks by now chasing other stuff and i for one will not use diamonds and fall into your cynical trap
If you read some threads, you would see predictions and probably wouldn't spend energy drinks on anything else until ToI upgrade kit comes :)

Emberguard

Legend
You made a choice not to wait. Based on previous events if you knew nothing about beta you would have waited knowing there'd be an upgrade somewhere within the last 3 days and one time prior to that near the end without there ever being a prediction given

Beta is not the final product. Last year winners plaza was nerfed before it ever hit live servers, this year they tried not giving a upgrade in the daily special in beta but gave it out in live servers. Beta is nothing more then a test to see if something would work. Obviously they saw that without a daily special for the Tholos it would not work and therefore gave it on live servers

If you're going to base every decision on beta alone then it may be better to ignore beta and just look at official info

DeletedUser96901

the thing is:
people who played earlier did win daily prizes

so they won what they decided is good enough to play on that day

I waited because nothing was good enough for me
(SoK have already too many: not all are motivated. Wishing Well: no space in my city)

and btw
even on beta they let the door open for the kit as daily prize
they clearly said if they will bring it as daily prize they won't announce it
and that is definitely not a: the upgrade kit will for 100% sure not be a daily prize