• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show us your city!

DeletedUser210

@ Darddy,

Yes, only done by my self under Openoffice but Excel might also do the trick.
And as I look right now on it, I see one flaw again (needs 2 roads less) :cool:

But I'm not saying that I'm the only one with such a sheet ... sooner or later you may need one - to get a better overview or keep it. :rolleyes:

I can see three roads you can cut out, actually. The one in the bottom left going to the jewellery works can be one shorter, whilst the second horizontal road from the top can be two shorter.

This is similar to the planning view I suggested a while back, would be good to be able to see your city from above as a planning view with colour coded boxes like in simcity :)

Love what you have done, I will map mine out and put it up also :)
View attachment 300

You can lose the up/down roads next to the iron works (bottom three tiles) and the amphitheatre (all of it) and the horizontal road going across above the town hall (rightmost three tiles).

I'll post mine once I've finished moving from blacksmiths to butchers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's Mine

MyTown.jpg

This is my city as it currently stands. I've researched about 1/2 of the Early Middle Age technologies so far. Just finally built my Mercenary Barracks yesterday. That was a long time coming! My strategy since the beginning has been to maximize gold while leaving just enough to produce my resources and military units. Even so, I always seem to be running into gold shortages as opposed to supplies. As you can see, I prefer the 4-hour (or longer) dwellings. I like how infrequently they need to be checked, even if it does sacrifice some $$.

I foresee a major slowdown coming up, simply due to the research tree. There are a number techs that require rare resources in large quantities. I was unlucky to have 2x Honey in my EMA provinces, so it is the only thing that I can produce at a decent rate. That means Copper, Gold, Granite, or Alabaster are slow as molasses. Very frustrating. I really hope they open up the marketplace to a wider audience in the very near future because my neighborhood does not have anyone to trade these resources with!!

DeletedUser

You can lose the up/down roads next to the iron works (bottom three tiles) and the amphitheatre (all of it) and the horizontal road going across above the town hall (rightmost three tiles).

Actually - the brown squares are not road, they are happiness structures, The road across the top I have added and removed as I needed space for more things, the only thing i need now is to replace all the villa's with better houses which I am slowly doing to increase population so I can add in a copper works above the amphitheatre... I have also moved it and deleted the happiness items there to add two more houses... i find that my village changes every day almost as i research new things, for example after doing this, i moved some of the pillory around and deleted one pillar to put in a tannery to complete the quest for it...

DeletedUser220

This is my latest town snap! I've tried to mix good town planning with efficient resource outcome. Plz do comment
Untitled.jpg

DeletedUser

Alright so I planned on making another post after the high middle ages (within the 24 hours), but I thought I'd show an efficient layout despite that. It's been mentioned before, but the point isn't obvious until you look at it. The layout is what I consider the "roadless-space-efficient".

The fewer the roads, the more you have to spend on ANY building. One road from the castle extends to every building, in a spiral. I have a lot of space to prepare, but the happiness-to-population-to-supplyworkers-to-resources is way off balance. I've said this before, and it gets worse as the game goes on. There is not enough space for any town to support the growth of this game.

yGxAy.jpg

DeletedUser

Inux, I notice you don't have much in terms of military buildings. I see the two archery ranges but nothing else. Have you decided archers are enough for you? Or are you just in between different age military units or something?

EDIT: On further review I'm thinking there are a few more military buildings, but I guess they are ones I've never built and therefore don't recognize.

DeletedUser

How do you do this? Take photo and then host them in imagemshack and nurturing the link and pose as BB Code image in the forum?

DeletedUser1159

Hi All
I am only starting today. It looks puny compared to all of you

DeletedUser

Top of city:

Bottom of city:

I fight a lot to to expand my city. I see a lot of builders but no one fights.
Iron Age Tower PVP:

Early Middle Age Tower PVP:

DeletedUser

I'm somehow at the top of the Iron Age PvP tower as well. I only fight the NPC. :')

7WwbY.jpg

DeletedUser

Inux, I notice you don't have much in terms of military buildings. I see the two archery ranges but nothing else. Have you decided archers are enough for you? Or are you just in between different age military units or something?

EDIT: On further review I'm thinking there are a few more military buildings, but I guess they are ones I've never built and therefore don't recognize.

Yeah it's two archery, one legionaire (going to get rid of soon), and two heavy infantry. I'm not a fan of cavalry and have mixed feelings about the long range units.

DeletedUser

I personally do not care about the slow infantry units, legionnaire / heavy infantry in this case, as they are very easy to get killed by range units and are too slow to catch them as they get sniped and it makes your base easy to get plundered especially since they cannot keep up with the faster short range units to protect them because of the stupid ai the game has.

I do not use cavalry myself also as they are not as useful for my game play at this time.

I generally can plunder everyone's base in my list without taking any damage to my units unless the person uses 6+ cavalry or 4+ long range units thanks to the ai the game uses as I fight with 4 archers and 4 ballistas.

I also use the faster infantry, soldier in this case until I unlock mercenaries, for fighting the npc's when needed.

DeletedUser210

Actually - the brown squares are not road, they are happiness structures, The road across the top I have added and removed as I needed space for more things, the only thing i need now is to replace all the villa's with better houses which I am slowly doing to increase population so I can add in a copper works above the amphitheatre... I have also moved it and deleted the happiness items there to add two more houses... i find that my village changes every day almost as i research new things, for example after doing this, i moved some of the pillory around and deleted one pillar to put in a tannery to complete the quest for it...

All of the above refers to the grey, not the brown.

DeletedUser

Here's mine with some remodeling, new buildings and a tannery on its way!

Town.jpg

DeletedUser

Tell here how many points have their city!

my has 63,000