• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rushing through the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingraider

Emperor
On one world I was camped in HMA for a good while and then asked by the guild leaders to advance quite a lot. They would provide me with the higher age goods for tech. I agreed and set off for the glowing lights of later eras. It wasn't long before I was up s*** creek without a paddle, as I ran out of supplies. When I got that situation under control, I ran out of coins. I ended up having to sit for a month in certain eras to catch my breath. At the time I was having to sell the family silver(buildings in the inventory) just for coins and supplies. I missed out on a couple of events but eventually got everything back under control

Well this has been an interesting read.

And totally not worth the time I spent, in so many ways- and then again, so worth it.

Y'all are continuing to try to get Teest, who has a lot in common with Bill and Ted, sad to say-- to see your side. It is a losing wager. I enjoyed a good laugh at his comments, as he has no clue, perhaps on purpose. I am assuming that as erudite a writer as he *can* be, this is all a lark to him.

They'd helped me so much, it wouldn't have been nice to refuse

Wow, you are a nice guy! I would hope they gave you more support as you advanced so quickly. If they did not give you hints, help and answers--- well, shame on them. I have done both- advanced way too quickly and learned my lesson, and hung around ttoo long and learned my lesson. Still working it out and learning, but have good friends to help me.

That all depends on the guild, a large one with a range of playing eras should have no problem coping with campers or those with no obs, arc or atomium (yes some people have actually built that one!!)

Smaller guilds can really struggle if one or two players are far ahead or behind without treasury giving buildings.

I recentlty had a new player who I've been trying to help ask to join my guild but despite what I've advised them they have raced through the ages and do not have the capacity to donate current or previous era goods and they are several eras above me so I can't cover for them. I still sent an invite (as I'm nice like that) but also asked them to really consider it first as it would be a problem for everyone else.

DeletedUser113125

That all depends on the guild, a large one with a range of playing eras should have no problem coping with campers or those with no obs, arc or atomium (yes some people have actually built that one!!)

Smaller guilds can really struggle if one or two players are far ahead or behind without treasury giving buildings.

I recentlty had a new player who I've been trying to help ask to join my guild but despite what I've advised them they have raced through the ages and do not have the capacity to donate current or previous era goods and they are several eras above me so I can't cover for them. I still sent an invite (as I'm nice like that) but also asked them to really consider it first as it would be a problem for everyone else.
I’ve done a search, there are 4 Atomium’s on Rugnir. Well I never. You live you learn.

vikingraider

Emperor
Wow, you are a nice guy! I would hope they gave you more support as you advanced so quickly. If they did not give you hints, help and answers--- well, shame on them. I have done both- advanced way too quickly and learned my lesson, and hung around ttoo long and learned my lesson. Still working it out and learning, but have good friends to help me.

Yep they did support me. Gave me goods for RAH and SMB and then levelled them to 5. It was just a shock how many coins and supplies needed in later levels. If I'd checked the wiki beforehand, I would've known. But, like others, it was a lesson learnt

DeletedUser117550

There is NEVER any kind of advantage in rushing any age in this game, beyond getting out of Bronze Age as quickly as possible.
(...or else the race to unlock the special resources as soon as you hit the Arctic/Oceanic eras of course, since GE *will* demand them!)

What ends up happening when people race through like they're in a Civvies game is;
a) Their city is pile of under-developed crap.
Few, if any GB's, especially the must-haves like Zeus/CoA/CdM, Arc, SMB/LoA, CF, Cape, etc... means they can't fight effectively, produce too few resources, have limited fp production, etc...
They won't be able to pull their weight in guild, (ie: no goods to pay their part of GE's = everyone loses out!), can't trade effectively, will crap on your ability to compete in the weekly GE rankings, and generally be a giant loadstone around your neck, dragging your entire guild down with them.

b) Events become insanely more difficult than they should be.
(ie: enjoy those constant "spend 40-50+ fps" quests when you only earn 24-30 per day!lol)

c) They'll be tadpoles forever getting eaten alive by their entire neighbourhood, watching all their goods and stuff getting routinely plundered. :P

Honestly, just try to explain to them that they're doing too much harm to themselves and the guild, and that this is a game that rewards taking lots of time to build up your city & power up your GB's, etc...

If they won't listen, then cut them lose - you can't help save everyone from themselves, and some people will never get it through their thick skulls that this game is anything BUT a 'race to the finish line'.
There's no point in carrying around dead weight that will only hurt the entire guild. ;)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I think my favourite ones are those with cities full of buildings that are 3-4+ ages behind their current era, 2 spearchumpie/other equally useless city defense, etc... who then get upset when you attack them as easy wins for clearing those constant "win X battles in a row without losing in between" quests that show up in every event. :P

Like, why is your city still stuck perpetually in Bronze/Iron Age buildings while you've advanced to HMA?! o_O

DeletedUser111359

I think my favourite ones are those with cities full of buildings that are 3-4+ ages behind their current era, 2 spearchumpie/other equally useless city defense, etc... who then get upset when you attack them as easy wins for clearing those constant "win X battles in a row without losing in between" quests that show up in every event. :P

Like, why is your city still stuck perpetually in Bronze/Iron Age buildings while you've advanced to HMA?! o_O

In my defense I routinely forget to upgrade my DA's when I move to new Era's, since I don't have troops right away.

DeletedUser117706

What honest question?

Topic is about running through the ages and the consequences of that. You railroad it into your own subject, where you can preach your gospel again.
You seem upset, and nobody intended or wants that. This is just a forum and the topic of how to address shortfalls in guild treasury and GE level unlocks is something everyone is interested in. You and other posters have no reason to take any of this personally in these forums and these forums are welcome to all. Try to find positive ways to express yourself and consider Inno Games suggestions about avoiding Religious references in your posts, you will feel much better for that.

Also, for those who have gotten into the habit of making personal attacks to forward their points, or just to be mean, there is no reason to do that.

I am quitting this forum and the game. I was considering spending some more money in Inno Games but that will not happen now that I have been called so many names and been told to quit by some of the players here. I have spent/donated nearly 5000 Euros in Inno Games on behalf of the special needs people an organization who I serve as legal council for and donate my time regularly to help improve their quality of access to the fun and many times out of reach things we all take for granted. I wanted to see first hand what the culture in this game was and now I see that.

The players who suggested to me in this forum that I quit or take "a pause" have convinced me that is the right way to go. Sadly, Inno Games will not be continuing to get the money I spent regularly for the nearly 20 special needs childrens' play in the game any longer, as some of the special needs childrens' complaints of mistreatment appear to be validated by the attacks I as a new forum poster and player in the game experienced first hand - this even though it would be nice to be able to provide for entertainment for these gifted and unique special children free of the mean human beings that I have been confronted with here. I am sure the suggestions of several of the more openly mean and bullying players in this forum that there are other games and quitting Inno Games is something people who disagree with their forum and in-game bullying should consider, might be true. Sadly, it also clear that these same players boast about playing for free and do not spend any money within Inno Games.

Good luck to all those with kinder hearts and enjoy your day :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
@teest the topic was rushing through the ages not guild treasury. That was a off shoot due to the effects of rushing which we allowed you to be humoured on

If a new player joins a guild they will be helped. I don’t know any top guild that wouldn’t. But they also need to understand others cannot play the game for them by providing everything and getting nothing back. There is a fundamental difference between equipping a new member within their means to meet requirements and doing those requirements for them.

If you cannot afford to run your city through GE or GvG neither can anyone else. You said you go to top players to “participate in Guild expeditions and to obtain help from more powerful players”. Great, then stop rejecting the help and follow the instructions!

I get you don’t want to follow others. But it’s impossible to be in a group and act as though you were still alone. The more you try to control your environment by rejecting any view that doesn’t match your own the more you’ll feel picked on even when a request is reasonable

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel

I am quitting this forum and the game.

:)

Well this is a drastic turn of events. Does this imply you are giving up on "the 20 special need kids" -- what if they have grown an interest in the game (even let's imagine it is only a limited part that they do have access to) -- Will you find them a new game...

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Anyway, i'm only criticizing the big guy because
a) everybody else is doing it; and
b) they are gone, so i feel safe.

| expected damage: 0-1 |
| retaliation damage: 0-0 |

Status
Not open for further replies.