• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rogues have become useless

DeletedUser99588

The battlefield has gone awry
my troops are now very shy
they dance on the spot
never moving a dot
while the enemy cause them to die

DeletedUser6065

I believe it to be the entire AI change was not to be intended.

Let's cut to the the chase here, shall we? The dev's were obviously mucking around with the AI. So, this tells me they intended to change something. Also read carefully PX's post; ' . . [ not] the entire AI change. . . '. This also leads me to think that there is something in the works.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99363

its called nerfing, they have done it before and will continue to do it in the future. adn it will be presented in such a way as an ehancement

DeletedUser105638

I am not surprised your fed up because if you found you had a Nissan Corsa engine in that would be the second time you had been ripped off, especially as its Vauxhall that make the Corsa. LOL

Lmfoa, of course, what an idiot :-p

Was actually gonna say Nissan Micra 1st but I know they're called a March in other countries, so i went with the less confusing Corsa, but obviously my brain didn't get past the Nissan part :-)

And, being Irish, it's Opel that make the Corsa here (we don't have Vauxhall)

But thank you for pointing out my stupidity to me, I do so enjoy knowing :-)

DeletedUser4879

The Rogues are only useful at the early part of the game and go useless as one levels
thru the ages! I wouldn't use them at all! At Defense they're even more useless as one
can't control them!!...
@ Gimpusoid, are you sure Opel makes those cars? It's widely known that GM (includes Opel)
are badging a lot of those cars made in Korea called Daewoe!!! :confused:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
The Rogues are only useful at the early part of the game and go useless as one levels through the ages!

Say what?

I fight dozens of battles every day in several different ages, and I use rogues in all of them. There is no way I could possibly do it without rogues. I can't imagine what would possess you to call them useless. You must be doing something very wrong with them, since rogues are, bar none, the most useful units in the game. Ask any strong fighter, and they will agree.

Are you perhaps talking about drummers?

DeletedUser99588

Maybe Pisepampel means rogues are less effective on the continent map for certain ages the further you progress. It is a true from Industrial onwards I think the AI starts to ignore them in favour of normal troops but they can still be used if you know what you are doing.

DeletedUser105638

The Rogues are only useful at the early part of the game and go useless as one levels
thru the ages! I wouldn't use them at all! At Defense they're even more useless as one
can't control them!!...
@ Gimpusoid, are you sure Opel makes those cars? It's widely known that GM (includes Opel)
are badging a lot of those cars made in Korea called Daewoe!!! :confused:

Yep, Opel make the Corsa and Astra and Vectra and all that jazz here, think they're called Opel in Germany too, but England didn't like it so othey changed the name (don't quotre me on that last bit though)

DeletedUser105544

It depends how you use rogues. 1 regular+7rogues will be bad choice from now on if you intend to use "auto" button. 4+4 would be much better since this feature has been introduced.

I use them in GvG (TE) only to absorb damage at first turn, when using tanks against combo that contains micro blasters (which act before tanks and can reach them at first turn). So this new feature doesn't affect me too much as in 90% cases I still can press "auto" button from the start, or at second turn at least.

DeletedUser96745

We need someone to make a formal proposal. I've checked, it's not on the "Do not suggest" list.

I would be first to support that. They are really not doing anything usefull. And I still do not get it. In every normal company, when someone do a mistake, they correct it asap, not like inno style, they wait for soo long time.

I guess rougues will be fixed in July 2017, right after balancing points. Atleast they give us that impression.

On the other hand, I have feeling, they are to abandon FOE, so they do those "mistake" intentionally to try to softly remove as much players as possible. Thats why they are also promoting other games that much and really do not listen to community.

Laobhan

Private
I regularly attack using 2 of main troop and 6 rogues, works just find and dandy for me, I would not use more than 2 rogues in defence as I this defence can be wiped out no problem

DeletedUser11899

:o More problems than improvements are being introduced. Intention should be to change the development team.:o

Changing the development team is an excellent idea!

..good point

Maybe I missed something, are we still in beta stage?
The continuous bugs and mistakes released on live servers for a long time are showing me high and dangerous levels of inefficiency

someone knows whats going on?

DeletedUser99882

Basically, people who had invested in these units either real money for diamonds and purchase etc etc etc, or even in events that you focus on getting the barracks, have now their money blow out of the water, you acquired an item that no longer corresponds do the its value, so you either get refunded or get things back to normal.
In this particular case I think that rogues should return to their usual format. Or else, this is just a ripoff to the player base and a huge lack of respect for what they may have invested into this game. Either they ( Game developers ) change their actions or it will end eventually, but a lot sooner than they thought.

DeletedUser99588

Would a member of the development team care to explain how such a mistake happened? It's kind of deja vu with the 'mistakes' happening around event time.

How did this change make it to the live server and why were you messing around with rogue behaviour? Why are you not concentrating on things raised in the forum? Why haven't you correct things that we were told would be corrected (GB levelling points for starters).

Who decides what you work on because it seems to me they need to be found something else to occupy their time. Maybe coffee maker would be a more suitable role.

DeletedUser16126

I must say I really like the change.
It makes fighting more fair.
Just funny to see that the ones that complaining that the rogues have become useless, who just gain 1st place in fighting by conquering the same GvG sector over and over again instead of doing real fights!
If you do manual fighting, then the behavior will stay!

DeletedUser14388

Anybody else noticed that they have completely destroyed the rogues in the game.

I am a high level player in the relatively new world, Langendorn.We have been waiting there since the world started for rogues to come along, and when they finally do, they go and render them useless.

What happens is: Instead of marching up the field, rogues will now hang back and wait for the enemy to get close, while your other troops charge forward. What this means is that your other troops get killed 1st and your rogues then die in 1 hit, which completely goes against the whole point of having them.

I for one think this is outrageous, especially seeing as many of us have spent a lot of real money on making sure we acquire these troops. It's like buying a Porsche and finding out it's got a nissan corsa engine in it.

I dunno how this kinda thing works as it's my 1st post in a forum. But would be nice to see a show of hands asking them to undo this ridiculous change.
this is another situation that can only help the high-powered guilds who take the best players with the tempts of the best available goods and the protection of the bully tactic..... don't interfere with us, or you will be taken out of the game.
Back to rogues, like the guy says, some have spent money getting rogues, I have been playing 2 years and have managed to get a few together....If inno change a unit into less effective status, then they should allow a 'holding area' where the now defunct unit can be stored... until the high -powered guilds stop complaining about anything that spoils there chances of holding the best position in rankings.
They did it with guild-hopping which allowed smaller guilds to work together an be an effective force against the top ranked guilds... well, we know who spends the most money, don't we