• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rogues have become useless

DeletedUser105638

Anybody else noticed that they have completely destroyed the rogues in the game.

I am a high level player in the relatively new world, Langendorn.We have been waiting there since the world started for rogues to come along, and when they finally do, they go and render them useless.

What happens is: Instead of marching up the field, rogues will now hang back and wait for the enemy to get close, while your other troops charge forward. What this means is that your other troops get killed 1st and your rogues then die in 1 hit, which completely goes against the whole point of having them.

I for one think this is outrageous, especially seeing as many of us have spent a lot of real money on making sure we acquire these troops. It's like buying a Porsche and finding out it's got a nissan corsa engine in it.

I dunno how this kinda thing works as it's my 1st post in a forum. But would be nice to see a show of hands asking them to undo this ridiculous change.

DeletedUser99445

I think that whats happened is the Inno Devs have transplanted their Software Development skills into the Rogues thus rendering the Rogues Faulty along with most of the programming that happens here.

DeletedUser105638

Great as that would be, after contacting support, I was informed that this is a new INTENDED feature?????

DeletedUser99445

Yes the devs deliberately transplanted these skills. Rogues are now Noobs. We may see them re named on the next update as it seems they forgot to do it on this update.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I just tested out your theory.. Yes the little guys have become cowards all of a sudden.. This means that you cant Auto Battle I guess with Rogues anymore without risking being wiped out ;-(

Funny I manually marched one up half way and then used auto battle and the little guy ran away at the first opportunity..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6065

You don't say? I noticed the Rogues hang back when they are used on defense (I'm talking neighborhood PvP here). This can allow the attacker to control what the Rogue will become by what the attacker leaves standing.

Didn't notice the other, 'cuz I don't Auto.

Ever.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Monty Python - Brave Sir Robin Ran Away Lyrics

Brave Sir Robin ran away
(No!)
Bravely ran away away
(I didn't!)
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
(No!)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
(I didn't!)
And gallantly he chickened out

Bravely taking to his feet
(I never did!)
He beat a very brave retreat
(All lies!)
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
(I never!)

DeletedUser100832

Anybody else noticed that they have completely destroyed the rogues in the game.

I am a high level player in the relatively new world, Langendorn.We have been waiting there since the world started for rogues to come along, and when they finally do, they go and render them useless.

What happens is: Instead of marching up the field, rogues will now hang back and wait for the enemy to get close, while your other troops charge forward. What this means is that your other troops get killed 1st and your rogues then die in 1 hit, which completely goes against the whole point of having them.

I for one think this is outrageous, especially seeing as many of us have spent a lot of real money on making sure we acquire these troops. It's like buying a Porsche and finding out it's got a nissan corsa engine in it.

I dunno how this kinda thing works as it's my 1st post in a forum. But would be nice to see a show of hands asking them to undo this ridiculous change.

I think it's great tbh. When attacking it's not a problem: one move sideways for the non-rogue unit makes sure it does not charge in front of the rogues. You just need to remember to do it, which I forgot a few times, with rather disastrous results (but that's totally my fault).

But when defending, it is great to fight those '1 AA 7 rogues' sieges that people place in a hurry because they want to resiege quick. Those really preserve your units )).

Bottom line is, rogues are too powerful. Anything that reduces people's total reliance on them is great imo.

DeletedUser105638

Understandable that you think they are too powerful, but, the fact that ppl have paid money for this privledge means they have no right to take that away.

Also, if rogues are no longer usable in the same fashion, then how on earth are ppl supposed to take heavily defended sectors in GvG. Surely we know that a guild never has all players able to fight in the same age. A player without rogues and Traz is usually only good for 5-6 fights at a time, then needs hours to replenish.

Even if a player has 200 troops of a certain era, and they go all out taking, let's say an Industrial HQ, with 75% support. Yes, maybe they succeed in taking it, but have surely used up over half of the troops they have spent so long in accumulating. Meaning they can maybe go again, 1 more time, then cannot fight in Industrial for about a month while they gather more troops.

Honestly mate, I respect your opinion, but changing the troop that made massive tasks like this possible, and large wars where people can retaliate daily, is tantamount to lunacy. I would be very surprised if a great many players don't leave the game over this issue. And also, if INNO don't have a few law suits on their hands for basically frauding people out of their money, which when you really look at it, is what has happened.

Basically, if something isn't broken, why on gods earth would you go out of your way to break it???

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
so if rogues are useless now, what am i supposed to do with all those rogues? i have nearly 8000 of them and they arent worth anything?

DeletedUser11787

i just did few fights in the hood and i had no problems whatsoever. for now all is good here

DeletedUser100832

Understandable that you think they are too powerful, but, the fact that ppl have paid money for this privledge means they have no right to take that away.

Also, if rogues are no longer usable in the same fashion, then how on earth are ppl supposed to take heavily defended sectors in GvG. Surely we know that a guild never has all players able to fight in the same age. A player without rogues and Traz is usually only good for 5-6 fights at a time, then needs hours to replenish.

Even if a player has 200 troops of a certain era, and they go all out taking, let's say an Industrial HQ, with 75% support. Yes, maybe they succeed in taking it, but have surely used up over half of the troops they have spent so long in accumulating. Meaning they can maybe go again, 1 more time, then cannot fight in Industrial for about a month while they gather more troops.

Honestly mate, I respect your opinion, but changing the troop that made massive tasks like this possible, and large wars where people can retaliate daily, is tantamount to lunacy. I would be very surprised if a great many players don't leave the game over this issue. And also, if INNO don't have a few law suits on their hands for basically frauding people out of their money, which when you really look at it, is what has happened.

Basically, if something isn't broken, why on gods earth would you go out of your way to break it???

if you take industrial as an example, fighting with 1 howitzer and 7 rogues would still be the same, unless it was against 8 howitzers. Because any other unit would have got to your rogues before your non-rogue gets killed. Against 8 howitzers I can see why there would be a problem. But there you have to think of some other way, e.g. using 8 riflemen or 8 breech loadeers.

rogue is still the most powerful unit in the game by far, that's not changed.

as for your 'it's not broken' comment, well it was. You could not seriously compete in GvG without a high-level alcatraz and many months of rogue farming. That's why you see level 80 Alcatraz's, because the game's basically become all about having one GB taken to as high a level as possible, deleting all military buildings and building goods.

DeletedUser99588

Could a member of the CM team please confirm whether the behaviour of rogues has indeed been changed and if so what the changes are and why it was deemed necessary. Also why a significant change was not mentioned in the announcement.

DeletedUser2989

I've noticed similar "slow" or "cowardly" behavior in other units in a army controlled by the defensive AI, for example I watched one of my own defenses and one of my champs ran away when he was 1 of 2 left on the battlefield... I also did a few battles in PvP and noticed a PE tank moving really slowly and a few other units running away after a few casualties occurred. I didn't auto any of my fights so I can't really speak to that aspect.

So in response to thanatos100, there has been a change in AI behavior and it's biggest impact seems to be on rogues but it might not be exclusive to them... There seem to have been a few battle related changes which we were not made aware of (as per announcement), personally I'm not sure what ones were and weren't intentional. Hopefully the CCM's/CM can find out more.

DeletedUser99588

Thanks Tankovy for sharing your experience with this matter and I to hope one of the CM team will be able to expand on what players have observed and provide details of the changes made.

DeletedUser6

Just to make sure that I get it right: you guys don't like the fact that AI got more clever?