• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove replay PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

oy.. so tired of complaints about the replay.... Has no one brought up game realism? I mean, if you were attacked by someone in real life, wouldn't you see what attacked you?

Take TW for instance. You see the reports when you are attacked so you know what troops your opponent cleared you with. However, if you attack and lose all your troops, you see none of the damage you did. This is more realistic than being unable to see what troops attacked you.

I think the complainers need to suck it up.

Edit:
Oh.. I'm #11 in Dinegu, #2 in my neighborhood, and attack my neighborhood daily, so I'm not some noob who wants be more competitive with the better players

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why would anyone need outdated light or heavy melee baracks? The units are quite similar between all ages, meaning that the most powerful ones are best. I can see an argument being made for archers instead of crossbowmen, but even that becomes invalid with Longbowmen. So really, I don't see why anyone would need so many different troop types spread over all the ages. Care to explain?

Because if you want to win a previous age PvP tower you`ll need that age type of troops right?
I myself have 17 military buildings from all ages and currently competing for PvP towers in 4 ages.

DeletedUser6138

Why would anyone need outdated light or heavy melee baracks? The units are quite similar between all ages, meaning that the most powerful ones are best. I can see an argument being made for archers instead of crossbowmen, but even that becomes invalid with Longbowmen. So really, I don't see why anyone would need so many different troop types spread over all the ages. Care to explain?

Regards,

Anwar

I see that you signed with the game designer, so I was a bit strange that I have to explain to you why you need to have troops from all ages.
Players compete in more PvP towers. I personally compete in four tournaments, more tournaments more medals, is not simply to collect 2000 medals or more.
basher888.....Is not point in the reality, is it realistic to defensive army does not die?
Is it realistic that u with a single click of the mouse can see someone's town?
This is a game, and no need to be a realistic or hardcore simulation. I just think that in such a system as it is in this game
replay is not good ....

DeletedUser65

so I was a bit strange that I have to explain to you why you need to have troops from all ages.

the word iv underlined is where you make a mistake, you do not need them, you choose to have them which is very differant

the attacker gets ALL the spoils from battle, he gets the points and plunder option. he also gets to see the defenders army and adjust his accordingly to better benifit him. can any of you offer one decent reason why the defender who gets farmed daily shouldnt have the option to see your army and adjust accordingly?? afterall he is the one losing out in this arrangement.
this nonsense about them stealing your tactics is as i just said nonsense.im my opinion wanting the removal of the replay is just selfishness by those who want to easily farm others.
you want your battle points?? EARN THEM!!
you want to be able to steal from your neighbors?? EARN IT!!!

DeletedUser3157

I see that you signed with the game designer, so I was a bit strange that I have to explain to you why you need to have troops from all ages.
Players compete in more PvP towers. I personally compete in four tournaments, more tournaments more medals, is not simply to collect 2000 medals or more.

I was suprised to read that response too, but then I noticed in that context he was speaking about defensive troops? At least I thought so. He replied to a post about defensive armies and whatnot and in that context it makes sense, why would I keep outdated defense up(except if I wanna just troll some ppl ala 8 stonethrowers or smth like that) :P

DeletedUser

Because if you want to win a previous age PvP tower you`ll need that age type of troops right?

Kindly read the entire post, will you? As hint noted, I replied to a sentence stating "to find a good combination for the defense, they would probably have to build all the military buildings from all ages". I haven't read any reply explaining how having multi-age troops helps you in defense and plainly, I don't think that there is an answer to that at all. But enlighten me please, if you know one.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

This discussion topic really has grabbed many of the player’s attention! I said in a much earlier post that I think this replay function is excellent and after reading the extra 7 pages of comments and having run through a number of replays myself, I STILL stand by that thought. This is an EXCELLENT addition to the game!

I am an active PVP player and it always bothered me that when people attacked me and lost I had no idea if they ran when faced with the impending hoard I had in defence, were outmatched but put up a good fight or simply fought poorly. Now I know! So now I can adapt my play as required, learn and enjoy the extra depth of game play this feature offers.

I also wondered when people won against me did they outmatch me with an overbearing hoard of their own, did they play against a well run AI and simply beat me on tactics or was the AI pants. Now I know! So now I can adapt my play as required, learn and enjoy the extra depth of game play this feature offers.

What has become apparent is that the A&I is very poor at playing ranged units once the enemy gets in close. I lost a battle by the skin of my teeth (the attacker had a single heavy knight with less than ¼ health left at the end of battle! When I reviewed the battle not 1 but 5 of my ranged units attacked the melee units in the squares next to them!!!! This allowed a retaliation attack!!! Had the AI not done this I would have won!!! So replay has given me the ability to see the AI needs further improving, no noob let alone an experienced player would use a ranged unit to attack a melee unit in the next square!!!!

DeletedUser6138

Defender loses all blah blah blah. lose what?.... Army, I think not.... he might be plundered?... yes it's true. but plundering is a bit overvalued , for example....: I do not plunder any goods under high middle ages, (these are usually less active players) I simply do not need these goods and no one from my Guild no needs them. All goods over the High middle age are welcome, but such goods are located in the cities of active players and plundering is rare or nothing, it means out of the battle I get only points. In this case the defender really does not lose anything (and that's really the most common case) .. I would personally support the replay in the case that the defender lose an army in battle .. like this replay is unnecessary ..
But anyway, as someone wrote earlier, either you like it or not, if you do not like do not play anymore ...

DeletedUser5846

Please remove replay!
It's not worth to talk about it, it's simply bad for the game and for those who spent a lot of time to gain experience. Now some noob just look replay and knows everything.
Tactics means a lot, especially in terms of a combination of the army. Because in strong neighborhood, battles in which attacking troops suffer little or no damage bring the most points and decides the winner on PvP.

Er, why?

I'm sorry, I'm not getting it,
Tactics and strategies, codswallop!! Y'all carrying on like it's a game chess or something and you all are genius's or something. You really think that people can't figure what your likely troop combinations are or something, or that you shield your troops or use sacrifices, this info is already in the forums. Y'all are worried you will have to work for the points, well, if you don't like challenge, maybe this game isn't for you, then.

The replay button is good for the game and that is it, end of. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser653

Regards,

Anwar

Troop buildings in city:
1 x Spear
1 x Rock thrower

5 x archer (can use in this age and next 2)

1 x catapult (works with archers)
1 x armoured infantry (might kill off for space as not really used)

4 x crossbow
1 x heavy infantry
2 x treebuchet (best long range so far)

6 x Longbow
2 x imperial guard
2 x cannon
1 x heavy knight

This selection allows me to fight all 5 towers and attack all 80 players every day - hence I lead in medals (4289) in Arvahall (VFRMark). But this is the only reason to lose so much space to older troops. The problem is it needs a huge population of 12000 to support this size army and still collect some goods.

Edit: Almost forgot, Replays a good improvement, it really does help the noobs and anything we can do to help them is OK with me (I will still plunder daily), good players will get better and plundering will be harder and I might even lose a few battles and for the really experienced its very nice to see the results of your AI defense and understand the limitations of your own defense. The downside is limited but it does add a bit more enjoyment to the game.

DeletedUser6138

Er, why?

Tactics and strategies, codswallop!! Y'all carrying on like it's a game chess or something and you all are genius's or something. You really think that people can't figure what your likely troop combinations are or something, or that you shield your troops or use sacrifices, this info is already in the forums. Y'all are worried you will have to work for the points, well, if you don't like challenge, maybe this game isn't for you, then.

I'm sorry because you not getting it,
I'm just saying my opinion.
maybe I'm not a genius, but yeah, I think that some people can't figure out the combination of my troops without replay. that's why they need replay, Is not the right genius?
If replay is not useful for someone, why then this discussion. . finally, we have this discussion, because some people desperately need replay. And I don't mean this only because this would be a great progress for low players, and for me a lot more trouble. I think this because it will hurt more active and good players than help low players. low players will always remain low players and always will be defeated and they will be plundered, with or without replay. It's clear that a lot of players wants to replay stay, understandable if you look at any neighborhood, ratio in favor of these low players is 80:5.
Anyway that's all from me ..
greetings...

DeletedUser7125

The only one that should be entitled to ask for the replay feature removal is the battle units AI developer/designer since their..er.. INTELLIGENCE sucks so much.Shame on them.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Yes our behaviour shown in the replay is our activity versus the AI, this is what other players will benefit from and want to know is it not?

~ddrd1981

Yes, and we should. You maybe fighting the AI but you plunder my resources.
As I have been saying, someone with 200+ points should not be able to attack or plunder a 15 point player. ( Yes I know that's what Wallachian likes, no defense, just set up the 8 cannons and plunder 40 neighbors(me one). Apparently that is not boring! But if he loses a few troops to the other 4 in the group, now he is complaining.
I don't mind if people going for points and 1st in ranking, but in the process they manage make the week even weaker. 1600,1600(for goods production) loss is a lot for someone who only has 40000 gold and 40000 resources.
This is why I stoped trying and leave no troops in defense, so at least Wall won't get PvP points. There is nothing else I can do.

Defender loses all blah blah blah. lose what?.... Army, I think not.... he might be plundered?... yes it's true. but plundering is a bit overvalued , for example....: I do not plunder any goods under high middle ages, (these are usually less active players) I simply do not need these goods and no one from my Guild no needs them. All goods over the High middle age are welcome, but such goods are located in the cities of active players and plundering is rare or nothing, it means out of the battle I get only points. In this case the defender really does not lose anything (and that's really the most common case) .. I would personally support the replay in the case that the defender lose an army in battle .. like this replay is unnecessary ..
But anyway, as someone wrote earlier, either you like it or not, if you do not like do not play anymore ...

You are wrong about the plundering. I don't care about the points, but when 5 active player attacks you and plunders you every day. It's not possible to play. I am at the end of HMI. They will take what I need most, what cost me the most. Herb, copper, alabaster, farm(7000+ on the daily cycle). I am not building another HMI goods production because I would be just making it for them :( It's not about the battle, it's about the looting. The game should be called "how can I take the most from everyone else!"
Their level is 230 points, 180, 120, 80, 60, and I have 17. Most has 10-30 in the neighborhood.

DeletedUser

Er, why?

+1 for this. It really sums up my thoughts on the complainers' complaints at this point. I think the vast majority of players agree it's a good thing.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
The replay button should ONLY be available if you army wins the button. How would one record in real life what happened if everybody died?

If I died, I don't think I will need the replay, as I was there! Plus dead :( can't play video games dead.

DeletedUser

If you'd have read every post in this thread, you would have seen that the only argument for removing replay is: Now we have to work for our points.

It's not about Strategy.
The single strategy in the battle system is goading an already stupid AI into acting more stupid by abusing priority targeting and field benefits. How well you act out that strategy depends on your ability to look up a guide or start yet another thread "What's the best army for .....".
Also, a real strategist would admit there's no heroics or supreme thinking in winning battles from people that don't even know what hit them.

If you think that your unit combinations and abuse of programmed targeting priorities is far and vastly superior than anyone else's, then the problem lies with your faulty assumptions and grandeur.

And to sell your entire town with expansions and write a message like that for something you could've simply adepted and adjusted to, merely makes you part of so-called 'vast majority'..

- L

Status
Not open for further replies.