• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove replay PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

It is the only to take out the 4 Opposing Long Range fast.
Your Crossbowmen are simply too slow and have too little range to get to the opposing catapults, and have to encounter opposing crossbowmen in addition.
So if you're not using that tactic, you're not having 3000+ points.

If I were you I'd use that tactic from now on.

- L

Actually he edited his post. He sends his crossbow forward as bait to take the cat hits, limits the losses from either 2 injured or 1 dead cat to 1 injured crossbowman. It is a good tactic, but using bait units is hardly anything new or unheard of for someone looking up battle strategy. I think it was only about a week ago when I schooled somebody in this forum about it.

Also it depends if you have more cats or xbowmen to spare. If I would be tight with xbowmen, I would rather have 1 dead cat that 1 deeply injured crossbowman. And if I knew that defense before hand, I would kill 2 cats and goat one of my 24 archers instead as bait, doesn't matter him dieing, I would rather just keep the HMA troops all healty. Actually what I would really do is just bring 8 cats and win it without any losses, unless it's an awful map and I can't get all 4 cats down in right turns, but a risk I'd be willing to take.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ Rike: Are you a lawyer or have studied law?

I'm not a lawyer and no, I haven't studied law either. As far as I'm concerned though, every player that has registered has accepted the Terms and Conditions as well as the Privacy Policy.

On a side note: If what you state is true, then I might as well sue Innogames for having implemented the 'hide function' for when I'm inactive for a longer period. Nobody needs to know that I ain't active (that's my privacy)...

Don't want to step on anyone's toes though...

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

No.. I'm not a lawyer, but know law well enough to understand PRIVACY POLICY and especially intimacy. and this what you said -> "for having implemented the 'hide function' for when I'm inactive for a longer period. Nobody needs to know that I ain't active (that's my privacy)..." ALL so true,too! This global web-society has gone way too far when concerning peoples privacy. This is only a game, therefore a minor matter, but there are some serious matters that should be corrected. 99% of users don't have a clue what kind of and/or how much information is gethered from them. Its ridiculous! Well.. This case is closed on my behalf.. Have a nice rest of the week.. ;)

DeletedUser

Thought I'd add my view.

I am extremely passionate and enthuisastic about FoE. Only been playing it 2 weeks and admittedly I've spent around £250 on the game in diamonds because I want to be good - I want to be amongst the best - I know for that I have to speed the game up a little. I'm already ranked at 800 with 31,000 points. When a new server/world comes out I will be absolutely delighted - I will be able to start on par with everyone else with no-one having any advantages and I'll be able to see really how good I am.

Regarding the new replay screen. I'm actually a rubbish player. So I'll never be good. Money wasted and could be spent on better things, oh well. That's just me, none of us are perfect and yep, some of us are stupid. Moving on. I usually always use AI. Yep, the AI is rubbish, but in fact with the new instant result thing it is actually rather good. I've lost only one or two units quite often against tough opposite where I KNOW for a fact I would have lost half my army at least because all the opposition gang up on a particular unit and kill him, and so on for another 4 units until they (the oppositon) are all dead.

You want to watch my replays, go ahead. You'll be watching the AI mate, not me.
For those of you who use your own "strategy" what's so private about it? There are 41,000 people in FoE, do you not think someone, somewhere uses the same strategy as you? I agree with half the people on here who are saying that people are just resisting change. Because they know they are good and "kill it" and now they won't be "killing it" as much. Oh diddums.

Yes it does help the newbies and you know what it's a good idea too, because newbies may be more inclined to stay and the game will grow. So what if the long standijng members don't like it - they can leave then. As the newbies stay and become the new long standing members, others will join and so on. The long standing people are only annoyed because they are resisting it - newbies will have nothing to grumble about as they will not know any different. So go ahead, all leave. It won't bother me. I'm not gonna sit here and say the game will die out because some of the newbies will eventually become experienced and replace you anyway.
Ok that's that, now as for the "strategy". Who cares if someone copies you? Do you really think people are gonna be that bothered and sit there for 30 likely minutes and actually write down (as if they can remember every move for a 30 minute battle) everything you do and analyse it like a retard? Don't be silly. People always copy and so what if they do? It's not YOUR strategy, you don't own it, and people will figure it out anyway. It's like patents and something that you're good at, maybe football or standing on your hands. Other people will be able to do it too, given time and all that jazz.
The fact of the matter is, in my opinion it definitely adds to the game. I've always wanted to know how my own defence actually performs. I've always wanted to be able to see just what gets put against me, sometimes I am like ok so you beat me, and how did you do that? It's a learning curve, you learn from experience, this game is all about experience and learning. So just because some of you don't like the fact that others can learn from you - well go somewhere else. As passionate as I am, and as much as I would HATE for this game to die out - it's just not going to. So leave, if it upsets you that much. Go on, put all your hard work, time passion in the bin. Otherwise, stop moaning for something that actually helps newbies. Give them a chance. Not everyone is bothered about strategy anyway - as I said - I use the AI (even though it's rubbish) and some people just play it for pure fun because they are bored. Not everyone will take it seriously. So if you were try and derive a percentage that would actually bother copying you and trying to become a "you", it will probably be, maybe 5%? Anyway, that's my two penneth.

DeletedUser

Actually he edited his post. He sends his crossbow forward as bait to take the cat hits, limits the losses from either 2 injured or 1 dead cat to 1 injured crossbowman.

I don't quite understand how this is supposed to work. The long range will make their move before the crossbows as far as I know? So they would already have hit before this crossbowman can move anywhere to act as bait. Thus the catapults are already injured. Or am I wrong on this?

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

I don't quite understand how this is supposed to work. The long range will make their move before the crossbows as far as I know? So they would already have hit before this crossbowman can move anywhere to act as bait. Thus the catapults are already injured. Or am I wrong on this?

~Mutzena~

The crossbows would get their turn first, long range goes last always because it has the slowest movement speed.

DeletedUser

The crossbows would get their turn first, long range goes last always because it has the slowest movement speed.

*facedesk* Duhh, way to go me for remembering them in the opposite order. Thanks for clearing that out :)

DeletedUser

Anyway, that's my two penneth.

Now I know why the 2 pence coin is that huge... :D

I completely agree with what you've said. :)

Could a mod maybe move this thread to the game discussion section? It doesn't seem like the OP is going to edit his post into a proposal and it would be sad if this thread were to be closed...(although it's not really going anywhere)

DeletedUser6138

Please remove replay!
It's not worth to talk about it, it's simply bad for the game and for those who spent a lot of time to gain experience. Now some noob just look replay and knows everything.
Tactics means a lot, especially in terms of a combination of the army. Because in strong neighborhood, battles in which attacking troops suffer little or no damage bring the most points and decides the winner on PvP.

DeletedUser

Please remove replay!
It's not worth to talk about it, it's simply bad for the game and for those who spent a lot of time to gain experience. Now some noob just look replay and knows everything.
Tactics means a lot, especially in terms of a combination of the army. Because in strong neighborhood, battles in which attacking troops suffer little or no damage bring the most points and decides the winner on PvP.

If you've read every thread in here, you'd have seen that tactics don't mean much at all in this game as a personal 'secret'.
Secondly, the people responding to replay would be responding to specific players, still making them vulnerable to the rest of the neighbourhood.

As I said in a previous comment:
In the end, I think this discussion is just about how you now have to actually work for your medals and adept your defenses for (finally) some counter attacks.

- L

DeletedUser

Lordroth there is a strategy, and after reading your posts I see YOU DO NOT KNOW MY strategy to win battles with minimum damage taken! Stop spamming!

DeletedUser

Lordroth there is a strategy, and after reading your posts I see YOU DO NOT KNOW MY strategy to win battles with minimum damage taken! Stop spamming!

Yeah there's strategy, no one is denying that. In fact, I'm of the opinion that the replays add more strategy (especially in terms of defending), not to mention encourage more people to pvp. That's a good thing. There are many, many people out there (thousands even) using the methods you are using to take minimal damage, now there will just be a lot more. It's really not that bad. It's not an idea I would have come up with, but now that it's here I see the point of it, and how it makes the game more fun and involving.

DeletedUser6939

Why he didn't used proper template?

For me, replay button is esential because i want to be proud how i won a battle and see a weak spots on my strategy. As far as i am informed, neibroughs don't have access to replays of your battles.

DeletedUser2029

trade limitations vs battle replays

it's hard to say that some people "don't get the point of this game" because it's still in beta, a lot of features are missing, so there is no one that gets the whole point, but...
these two topics are most disputed or they keep generating most heated discussions, so I was wondering how many people are for/against keeping the trade limitation window as it is (0.5 - 2) and at the same that the battle replays should be kept/removed?

keep the trade limitations
keep the battle replays

(sorry, could not find how to create a poll, if that's even possible)

DeletedUser6138

This game is already more building game than a war game.
With replay, becomes even more boring, if replay stay I will leave the game.

DeletedUser

This game is already more building game than a war game.
With replay, becomes even more boring, if replay stay I will leave the game.

First of all, you signed up for a building game. This is primarily a civilization game, not a war game.
Secondly, replay is a very war-game specific feature. So anyone who likes war-games should've expected or wanted this.

- L

DeletedUser

keep the trade limitations
keep the battle replays

(if showing someone's preference is how you wanted this thread to go lol)

DeletedUser

I don't know if I would have prioritized the battle replays over anything else, but now that they are in, why would you remove them? It seems very reasonable that if you are getting attacked you can at least see what units they used so you can attempt to have a better unit mix defending yourself in the future. It's been a bit frustrating seeing all the messages about my town getting attacked with no further information on what actually happened.

DeletedUser3157

Well it is an Online game. Right now it doesn't feel like one too often though. I mean yeah you can check out other peoples towns from far away, you can trade with some people and you can polish your guildmates buildings, but other than that there is not too much player vs player interaction. Well yeah you can fight against AI setup made of units of someone elses choosing and plunder him if victorius, but that's hardly a lot player interaction wise. So seeing actually how other people attacked you adds it another small but new element, making it tad less like playing some computer game home against AI and more like playing an online browser based strategy game. I mean if one would want to hide in privacy regarding his fighting tactics, maybe there should be a downloadeble offline version of FoE for those people...

DeletedUser5943

It seems very reasonable that if you are getting attacked you can at least see what units they used so you can attempt to have a better unit mix defending yourself in the future. It's been a bit frustrating seeing all the messages about my town getting attacked with no further information on what actually happened.
It is relevant if everyone attack with similar lineups. But even so, I put a certain lineup having a specific strategy in my mind (like how I would fight), but when I saw the replay from the attack... it was all backwards... the A.I. fights like it can... badly... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.