• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove replay PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

After all I want my strategy to be PRIVATE.

There we go.. PRIVACY. It's a LEGAL matter. I want my privacy back,too. AND it IS a LEGAL matter after all. You really should abandon that replay-button for sake of people's privacy. You don't want anyone to sue you,right? Have a nice day.. ;)

DeletedUser

Pendragon are you crazy? You have really messed up the game for active dudes. Now everybody will know not only my troops, that is not important but you make them teaching videos on how to dodge their armies, how to fight. The battle for the medals will be tough. After all I want my strategy to be PRIVATE. if they use your animation, if they use source code of your game, somebody use your forum for advertising would you be happy???

that pretty much nails it, this feature is indeed helping our enemies to dodge our attacks :))))

may I suggest another feature to be implemented next? this will really kill the PvP system.... When the attacker fights the defender, if the defender wins he will have the option of plundering the attacker`s village :))) basically viceversa of what would have happened if attacker won

just do this and nobody will ever fight again :)))

DeletedUser

it is good that my neighbours learn how i fight.
it is good that now i know they surrender the 1st thing they see my defence.
and so, it is good they see how i fight them, so they can learn to never give up.
:D

if the fun being mentioned in above posts means attacking same player who has same defence 24hrs...
then that's not my type of fun...
it is a strategy game afterall, isn't it? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3157

Pendragon are you crazy? You have really messed up the game for active dudes. Now everybody will know not only my troops, that is not important but you make them teaching videos on how to dodge their armies, how to fight. The battle for the medals will be tough. After all I want my strategy to be PRIVATE. if they use your animation, if they use source code of your game, somebody use your forum for advertising would you be happy???

Why should ATTACKING someone be private matter? It is the biggest act of aggression in this whole game. In what other game does AI not only do the fighting for you, but you also get no feedback whatsoever how the attack on you went? Or any sort of real life instance where the strategy of how this war or battle was lost or won remained secret for ever? Doubt we'd have too many history books if that were the case. It is the back and forth communication and learning from mistakes what usually makes people better. Until now it was only the attacker who always got the feedback and got to learn from his mistakes, that problem has now been FIXED. Yes I see replays added to the game actually a fix for something that used to be retarded. It is just suprising some people got so used to it over time. Really don't understand why would someone who is good in fighting be afraid of the chance of fighting becoming more competative. In long term it always balances out, already explained in my previous posts why.

If you wanna fight in private, fight the map.

DeletedUser7095

i think that the replay button should be removed because it gives away people strategy and because of this some players are not fighting because they think other players will copy their strategy and since players are not battling the button is useless and i dont think any people would use it because why would i need to know how someone battels me i have my own style and so do most othere its the lower down people who would look and if they copy strategys then that get rid of the whole strategy part because they are just copying other people and this button has caused more problems than its worth and thats why i think the replay button should be removed

DeletedUser3157

Btw I got thinking and I wouldn't mind seeing the fights you lost replay actually being something you need to pay coins for to see. Seeing how it is actually a very valueble source of information, why should it be free to get such vivid and accurate feedback. Getting back reports from a battle you got demolized in would also be much trickier in RL. You can already inflitarte pre-battles, why not pay for reports post-battles.

I'm thinking unlocking the reply would cost the amount of coins equal to your total defensive PvP points during the time the fight took place multiplied by the value of the age you are in with bronze being 1 and CA being 6. So if you defend with 2 spears it is 240 coins, in IA with 8 units about 3-4k, with 8 HMA units, it would be about 450*8*4=14500 coins, in CA around 30k etc. Catch would be that watching battles you won is free, as you can get direct feedback from your men.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The replays do indeed make a huge difference, I can tell this by looking at the replay of the top player in my neighborhood attacking me. He's awful to be honest, just awful. I've had the same army up there for months and he still gets away with only one or two units left everytime. This guy has 3 of each LMA army buildings and has spent thousands of diamonds on his city. I have to admit I hate the idea of him using my strategies once he sees the replay of me attacking him and losing one unit : (

That being said, it only makes sense that you can watch your armies in battle, and watching this guys fail battles against me was definitely entertaining. I think it just adds a new level of strategy to the game, don't forget that you can see what they use to attack with in the replays as well. You could easily screw them at least once every 2 days with this information. I think we'll get used to it, it's just that change is hard, and no one likes giving up an advantage. In this case the advantage (strategy) was there for all to see on the forums, now it's just much easier to learn for everyone.

DeletedUser

To all of those who want to protect their precious strategy..

How much strategy can you really have in a game where you fight against AI?

Also, as hint has also already said, it was completely surreal that you could attack a city and that the defender had no idea what hit them.
You attack their town. Where they are. How on earth could they not see what they're defending against?

At least now it makes sense and puts some realism in the game. Ofcourse realism isn't the biggest priority in this game, but it sure does make sense that you're able to revise why you won or lost.

As said before, not every single battle in history was settled by black ops. Sneaking into a town, defeating the opposing force stealthily and getting out.
Again, it makes sense that you can see what the heck hit your own town.

As for game mechanics;
Yes, in some cases it does make it more difficult to win battles, IF the people you are attacking actually take the trouble to take measures against their continued loss-streak.
I for one will not take the trouble to set up specific defenses against my neighbourhood PvPers. Why would I waste space, resources, population and happiness to block 1 attacker?
Nearly everyone has a different army, so how would you even defend against all of them specifically?
I doubt this is about the replay. It's about worrying that you now actually have to be alert and adept like a real war, instead of relying on a single 'best' army.
Yes, some of you have several armies, but I'm sure those are selective VS different opponents. So the statement still stands.

As for 'copying tactics', as was pointed out before, anyone who really wants to get into PvP will figure out the most efficient way to battle anyway.
Also, what are the odds that you will have the exact same map as the person you're trying to 'copy'? The map is a huge factor in how a strategy is played, and it's a huge variable.

In the end, I think this discussion is just about how you now have to actually work for your medals and adept your defenses for (finally) some counter attacks.
In other words, like any MMORPG, when things get harder, people complain instead of seeing the challenge and they complain when it's easy and boring.

- L

DeletedUser

When you attack you get priority;
Disregarding Crossbowmen for now, since they're out of range.
Use Catapult1 to hit Opposing Catapult #2 (coz #1 can't be avoided anyway)
Probably Opposing Catapult #1 puts a hit in.
Use Catapult2 to take out Catapult #2.
Now Catapult3 gets a turn, hit Opposing Catapult #4 (coz again, #3 can't be avoided)
Opposing Catapult #3 puts a hit in. If you're lucky it's on another target and all you sustain is some damage, if you're unlucky it aims the damaged target and you lose 1 unit.
Use Catapult4 to take out Opposing Catapult #4.

Now you have 4 Catapults (assuming the enemy took out a Crossbowman or just did damage) and your enemy has 2. Safe to say you can take those 2 out next turn, while moving out of the way of the enemy Crossbowmen.

Might be getting some damage in, but you can probably take the enemy Crossbowmen out with barely a loss.

With 0 Losses you get 3368 points.
So with some losses or just damage it's easy to get ~3000 points.

It's not strategy. It's common sense.

- L

This is not how i would play, there is no luck involved.
When you put 1 crossbowmen foraward as decoy, all 4 injured enemy catapults will aim at that crossbowman wich will not kill him.
I probably already said to much.. :)

DeletedUser

I must stick my nose in on this debate as I must say that I don't like the addition either. At first i thought wow I can see how much damage I did to my opponent, how awesome. They the penny dropped, they all retreat as my army is superior to theirs every time. I then realised that everyone can see that I win my PvP towers each week, so if they have half of a brain cell they will be taking a close look at what army combination I am using.

Yes players can look at my city and see what army I have at my disposal but I use a different combination for defence to offence, both are very different to each other. i don't care that players can see what i use to defend as if they copy this in their attacks they will suffer great losses and win no PvP tournaments believe me. I won't go into too much detail on why this is as players will be able to learn much more.

I am however upset about the fact that they can see and copy my unit combinations for attack from now on which will create much the same results as what I achieve weekly. This bridges the gap between me and them considerably making as mentioned it pointless to undertake the PvP tournaments as much as before. It would only be acceptable in my opinion to have a replay if we were attacking against real players and not AI.

Yes our behaviour shown in the replay is our activity versus the AI, this is what other players will benefit from and want to know is it not?

This is what they will have to do when attacking against us, which will be AI also. I would like for them to remove this change but I feel as though it is too late now anyway, our neighbours will have learned all they need to know by now anyway. Players with a very weak army will simply reduce their army to default to minimise the points that they are giving away. This will also reduce the effectiveness of the PvP tournaments as points will drop overall. Losses in PvP battles will be reduced so everyone will be able to compete regardless of their economy size.

A sure sign that this mod will assist the noob far more than I like. I have built up my battle skills and economy through experience and it has been fun taking this fun away has destroyed a key aspect of the game for me.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

If he [the 'noob'] sees you attacked him with lets say heavy knights, what stops him from putting up a defense of light melee like berserkers?
And then the attacker will fail once, and then fail again and third day he will delete his military buildings and start making suppliers and goods buildings instead for there will be no incentive to fight when the loses get too big.

So... let me get this straight: You're assuming that an attacker will give up because he's been defeated over and over again?

I'll agree that I would... if I were that stubborn!
As it's been well-noted numerous times, this is a strategy game. That been said, an attacker might stand before an army that he will not win against, using common sense though, he will surrender. Having done so, he can set up an army of catapults and crossbowmen to oppose the defender the next day and leave the battlefield victoriously.

This 'replay button' is used in numerous strategy games (like Romadoria and Stronghold Kingdoms). Having played Stronghold Kingdoms before FoE, I can say that viewing your opponents army (whether he/she has breached one's defenses or not) has always been a great way of learning about their use of troops and tactics. Now some of you will be thinking 'that's exactly what I mean!', but none of you seem to have taken into account that you're only winning through this.

Anyone recall all those 'ideas' on how to get people to defend in the first place? Yeah, as an attacker you'll have it pretty tough (and I'm aware that it can be pretty tough in some neighbourhoods already), but what could be better than having an adversary of equal size and strength? Are the units alone enough to make you tremble?

If so, then you are no tactician, no general that has earned his or her place in history. Your name shall be forgotten.
In this profession, courage alone will not win you glory. To obtain it one must perform the art of innovation!

Study your opponent you must, be it time your toll, yet shall you show patience, then victory be yours!

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

This is not how i would play

It is the only to take out the 4 Opposing Long Range fast.
Your Crossbowmen are simply too slow and have too little range to get to the opposing catapults, and have to encounter opposing crossbowmen in addition.
So if you're not using that tactic, you're not having 3000+ points.

If I were you I'd use that tactic from now on.

- L

DeletedUser

Well.. it doesnt matter what opinion people are, this STILL is a LEGAL matter. If even 1 person thinks, that this new feature offends his/her PRIVACY or/and intimacy,this feature CAN'T be on game. It's just simply as that. If anyone who is REALLY offended and decides to sue game-makers, gamemakers would probably lose the case 99.9999%. It's simply as that, even its ONLY A GAME. Privacy and/or intimacy are things that should be respected. Period.

DeletedUser

Well.. it doesnt matter what opinion people are, this STILL is a LEGAL matter. If even 1 person thinks, that this new feature offends his/her PRIVACY or/and intimacy,this feature CAN'T be on game. It's just simply as that. If anyone who is REALLY offended and decides to sue game-makers, gamemakers would probably lose the case 99.9999%. It's simply as that, even its ONLY A GAME. Privacy and/or intimacy are things that should be respected. Period.

Oh stop, you're just being ridiculous now. Only your personal info is private, not the strategy that you use to play the game. There are no legal issues here, not even any grey areas. Just think of Starcraft, or any other strategy game like that. After the match you can watch every move your opponent made, and use it against him next time. Change is hard sometimes, but this is just getting silly now.

DeletedUser65

there is no privacy issue here. nobody's real name address kids name or anything like that is available to all. all we have is a replay of an computer generated battle, to think otherwise in my opinion is nonsense. this feature along with many others still to come have probabley been on the table since before the first line of code was writtten. Should we go ahead and just scrap the actual pvp where the defender gets to fight himself because then he will definatly see people's super secret tactics.

DeletedUser

@ Rike: Are you a lawyer or have studied law?

I'm not a lawyer and no, I haven't studied law either. As far as I'm concerned though, every player that has registered has accepted the Terms and Conditions as well as the Privacy Policy.

On a side note: If what you state is true, then I might as well sue Innogames for having implemented the 'hide function' for when I'm inactive for a longer period. Nobody needs to know that I ain't active (that's my privacy)...

Don't want to step on anyone's toes though...

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

What a heated discussion we have here.. :)
Personally I liek the new thing. It brings so much more depth and enjoyment to the PVP system, I just might pick up fighting again. I got bored quite fast of fighting the same people with the same defense every single day.. How dull is that. You always know you will win most of your neighbours. You know you will be very likely to win a certain amount of people. And you know who will give you trouble. And even those who give you trouble always have the same defense. Day after day after day..

Now with replay. Your neighbours can see how you attack. They can react to this by changing their defense, just like you have reacted to their defense by bringing certain troops for offense. Doesn't this make it much more fun? Having to invent new ideas and trying new combinations and surprising even yourself with good new strategies? I think that is much more enjoyable.

Now for the losses part. I would just surrender if I see an army that I can't win. Come back the next day with an army that beats the opponent's army. Maybe he changed it again! Maybe he didn't. That's the fun in it. You never go out on a guaranteed 79 victories all with the same old tatic while reading a book, cooking dinner and vacuuming while you're at it. I don't see how anyone could see a system like that as fun. Repeating the same action over and over. We already get that with clicking all our buildings. Some fun and excitement is exactly what was needed to make the battles more appealing.

Besides. You get to see my defense and change your attacking army based on that info. Why shouldn't I be allowed to do the same? To be fair, let's make the attacker send their troops in blind, and give an automated result of the battle. No one knows what happened and what the other person did.

Finally, you really think if you attack my city, fight my army, right under my bedroom window, that I won't be least bit interested and look out to see what all the fuss is about? ;D

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

In that case I'll break into your house and steal your computer.
Don't stop me though, coz I'm just minding my own private business.

That's an extreme example, but the same as defending that an ASSAULT and PLUNDER are private matters.

- L

DeletedUser

Now for the losses part. I would just surrender if I see an army that I can't win. Come back the next day with an army that beats the opponent's army.

Now that's exactly what I meant here too:
an attacker might stand before an army that he will not win against, using common sense though, he will surrender. Having done so, he can set up an army of catapults and crossbowmen to oppose the defender the next day and leave the battlefield victoriously.

And that is what I call strategy. Not just 'run your neighbour over with what ever troops you have'...

Status
Not open for further replies.