• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove replay PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4800

Remove trade limitations or at the least increase it to 10 or 8 ratio.

As far as the replay thing, I don't care. I do think it reveals strategies, but its not like there are complex strategies to be had or known and its not like the defender can all of a sudden build one or two different unit buildings just to counter say one or two strategies and even so the AI is so bad that it doesn't matter either way.

DeletedUser

For obvious reasons, I can't/won't comment on this thread. I'd like to +1 it anyway.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

First of all, you signed up for a building game. This is primarily a civilization game, not a war game.
- L

Did everybody get it yet? Its a building game people! Please stop bothering the game developers and and the forum moderators and good ole altruists with your petty issues. It`s not like anybody cares anyway... /irony mode off

Lodroth please repeat a half dozen times more how this is a building game and if we want something else we should go play another game. I`m afraid the first 78565 times you mentioned it, it didnt get through our thick skulls :D

DeletedUser

The replay button should ONLY be available if you army wins the button. How would one record in real life what happened if everybody died?

DeletedUser1094

Please all, this is the Idea-section not the Discussion-section. State your pros and cons for the idea, don't start a mud-throwing show... keep the personal attacks on the Battle-field.

Squadenn said:
Why he didn't used proper template?
+1 from me.
SpaceRacer - Please edit your OP to comply with the rules of making a thread in the Ideas-section. ( =use the proper Idea-Template) -> Guide to the Ideas section *Please read before posting* <-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My words : I like the play-back option, not as much to see how I got defeated but to see how I/IA defeated an offender or why an offender chose to make a retreat.

Edit : ...and +1 to mungio above. I like that twist to the Play-back feature. Let the survivors tell the story...if there is any survivors.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did everybody get it yet? Its a building game people! Please stop bothering the game developers and and the forum moderators and good ole altruists with your petty issues. It`s not like anybody cares anyway... /irony mode off

Lodroth please repeat a half dozen times more how this is a building game and if we want something else we should go play another game. I`m afraid the first 78565 times you mentioned it, it didnt get through our thick skulls :D

Your smilies don't make your comments any less condenscending or aggressive, you know..
And before you provoke Surge or any other mod, taunting them that you're not being insulting or whatever.. That particular comment had nothing to do with this topic and was merely pointing out 1 quote of mine, out of context (because it was a reply), and you didn't use it in an elaborated post about how that comment is an invalid argument to the current topic.
So please stop the personal responses and keep to the topic.

The reason I feel like I have to repeat myself, is because people are using arguments that aren't relevant to a particular degree or discussion, while it's already been covered.

As for this topic, it's a very heated discussion covering several pages within 1 day. However, most of the commenters are the same people, and apart from them having a very strong opinion in this matter, they are just a handful.

In my opinion the majority doesn't mind or isn't bothered by the Replay feature, since they're not here, joining and supporting the argument to take it down.
The replay function simply make it easier and quicker for people to learn how to do it. People who are critical must think they are much cleverer than the rest of us and have developed wonderful tactics and unit combinations that the rest of us are too stupid to develop. It would be a pity if this new feature was dropped due to the noisy rants of a few misguided individuals. The silent happy majority remain happy and silent and are content with the current new status quo.
I think this is very well put.
---
As for mungiu's comment on it only being available for winning defenders: I've replied here, where you posted it too.

- L

DeletedUser

All we need now is an easy way to publish battle replays here on forum

DeletedUser1094

Since this has turned out to be more a discussion than an idea, I have moved this thread to the Game Discussions.

DeletedUser

As for mungiu's comment on it only being available for winning defenders: I've replied here, where you posted it too.
Because it happens in YOUR town, not on some distant battlefield.
You're basically watching it from the window of your Town Hall.
They didn't raze your town and burn it to the ground with no survivors, they just defeated your defending army.
- L

A civilian will NEVER be able to reconstruct a battle he simply watched in reality (don't ask me how i know this or i'll be forced to boast off and say that i'm an Army Lieutenant - real life), more than that, technically speaking, if the army is dead 99.99 out of 100 your are conquered and/or dead.

So it's already TOO much that our town can't be burned. But giving 100% reincarnation is a bit silly, let the memory die at least if all the army dies.

Just my point of view L, nothing personal.

DeletedUser276

alot of posts for 1 day of this thread being open :)

Ok time for me to weigh in since there are a few people throwing insults and being condescending towards other posters. I think I will clear up some of the issues people have here.

Altruists

Are not staff. We dont tell them what to post. These are players who are knowledgeable and willing to help out the player base with BASIC questions about the game. They are as free with their "opinions" as the rest of the players are, which means up to a point where rules start getting broken or mud slinging starts.

As for the 'legal' threats levied. I dont want to see anymore of this. There is no legal basis on privacy and legal action to be taken. This is my own opinion and that of my experience and education in law. If people want to threaten legalities then they are in my opinion against the growth of the forum as a whole and will be removed from said forum.

In regards to having this system of replaying battles take out of the game... 99% of what is put into a game in development will stay. The % here asking for it to be gone is extremely small. So far I have read approximately 6-7 different users asking for this to be removed out of a player base of tens of thousands of players. Now if 3/4 of the player base asked for this to be removed then I can see the 1% being enacted out of the 99% and removing the feature from the game. While the few are very vocal about it you unfortunately are in the extreme minority by being a % of a % of the player count.

Unfortunately a lot of updates put into the game are put there in preparation for other future updates. Gotta lay the groundwork. Without knowing 'why' something was placed there, then there isnt too much argument on trying to get a piece placed removed till the whole picture is revealed.

As to the reasons for having this removed there havent been many good reasons. The one a couple are focusing on are "other people will learn how to counter and fight back or set up their defense". I mean cmon. Seriously? Its a STRATEGY GAME this means you USE STRATEGY. Change up your troop types... Attack the person every 2-3 days. They MAY set up their defense for your particular attack type but there are 80 people in a neighborhood which means there are other people attacking as well... they cant know when you exactly attack if you change it up and skip a day or two here and there plus they cant set up their defense against 79 other potential attackers individually.

A civilian will NEVER be able to reconstruct a battle he simply watched in reality (don't ask me how i know this or i'll be forced to boast off and say that i'm an Army Lieutenant - real life), more than that, technically speaking, if the army is dead 99.99 out of 100 your are conquered and/or dead.

So it's already TOO much that our town can't be burned. But giving 100% reincarnation is a bit silly, let the memory die at least if all the army dies.

Well there are surveyors to military action even nowadays with satellite and video feeds. But other than that the 100% reincarnation is silly but its there because you cant control your own troops in defense so its not fair to penalize players because an AI is moronic and doesnt know how to control troops. However this can and most likely will change in regards to future updates at some point.

DeletedUser

keep trade limitations
remove replay button
(if I want to make battle tutorials, I will upload on youtube)

DeletedUser

Hey SpadeRacer,

I doubt the reply is very much of a give away.
This game only allows so much 'strategy' in attacking AI.
I don't think there is room for advanced strategic gameplay that others don't already use that would put you in any kind of disadvantage.

If you're worried that your neighbours can see you army - It's already visible by your town's military buildings.
If you're worried about neighbours making a specific army against yours - They can already make a specific army against your by looking at what you have in your town + you can't control your defenses anyway.
If you're worried about your neighbours seeing how you play - It's completely situational, depending on how the AI is forcing you to play

- L

Totally agree.... I have experienced myself.. didn't help at all by watching the replay

DeletedUser

Hey King Chaos,

You haven't really given an argument why it's a failure, except that players now can learn tactics, improve upon them and adept.
This gives attackers actually a challenge, should the defender take so much trouble to actually put up a defense, or use similar tactics in the Tournaments.

So you can't mindlessly walz over everyone in your neighbourhood anymore, and you actually get to compete in the towers instead of being 100k points ahead.
I don't really understand how that is a failure in any perspective?

As for this part:
King Chaos said:
Unfortunate here lies the fun and tactic part of the battle side in the game with what and how one attacked and how to resist and its gone now....all open for grasp easy to figure out now what army unit will defeat the other.
Nearly every strategic war game has a replay feature. This feature couldn't be any more 'war-game' and 'war-strategy' improving.

Anyway, that's about the last I'll say about it. Everything else would just be repeating myself pretty much, coz of returning arguments I've already addressed..

- L

DeletedUser

Given that a future "improvement" in PvP battles will be a player controlling their own defending armies if their town is attacked while they are online .....

... then that leaves a lot of the arguments against the PvP replay feature looking a bit silly I think.

<Grins, Ducks, and Runs....>

DeletedUser5943

Given that a future "improvement" in PvP battles will be a player controlling their own defending armies if their town is attacked while they are online .....
That should be fun... having 50 battles a day... :p

So If 2 or more players attack at the same time, the second will recive a message "you wait your turn" :)

DeletedUser6138

Hey King Chaos,

You haven't really given an argument why it's a failure, except that players now can learn tactics, improve upon them and adept.
This gives attackers actually a challenge, should the defender take so much trouble to actually put up a defense, or use similar tactics in the Tournaments.

So you can't mindlessly walz over everyone in your neighbourhood anymore, and you actually get to compete in the towers instead of being 100k points ahead.
I don't really understand how that is a failure in any perspective?

As for this part:

Nearly every strategic war game has a replay feature. This feature couldn't be any more 'war-game' and 'war-strategy' improving.

Anyway, that's about the last I'll say about it. Everything else would just be repeating myself pretty much, coz of returning arguments I've already addressed..

- L

Competing on PvP tournaments is equal for everyone, if anyone has an 100K points advantage it means that he's invested a lot of effort and spent a lot of time on this game. Each player in the neighborhood have an equal chance to win the tournament with his own skill, if he regularly attack their neighbors.
Military buildings do not reveal anything, In fact military buildings are part of tactics. Most active players have military buildings from all ages but only use specific types of troops, because only a few types of troops can get maximum points from the battle. Now...: more military buildings means more space, more population, more resources, and of course a lot of wasted time. With Replay. every noob after 2-3 attacks find a way to harm attacker as much as possible . The most important thing is that he can thank for that to replay and not to his skill.
For example, to find a good combination for the defense, they would probably have to build all the military buildings from all ages, after replay is enough to know which specific troops he must have, and will build only specific buildings. In translation less time, less resources, less space, less population ..... etc.
I am sure that the weaker players and those who do not play so often like replay and it's totally understandable. But with replay the game becomes less interesting ..

DeletedUser

For example, to find a good combination for the defense, they would probably have to build all the military buildings from all ages

Why would anyone need outdated light or heavy melee baracks? The units are quite similar between all ages, meaning that the most powerful ones are best. I can see an argument being made for archers instead of crossbowmen, but even that becomes invalid with Longbowmen. So really, I don't see why anyone would need so many different troop types spread over all the ages. Care to explain?

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser276

Thats not guaranteed :P

it's only just another of those games we have to adapt to it and somehow enjoy it.

well the game has been said numerous times its not complete on being released. You have to expect changes and alterations to happen. Thats why when you log into your world it flashes beta on your screen. So play.. adapt.. enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.