• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Regarding recent feedback - discussion thread

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
edit
not counting rouges of course as they should get a lifetime ban from the game in my book : )

Unless of course a few Rogue camps came your way :P

I think my laptop knows every swear word there is as a consequence of me losing silly amounts of units due to massively unbalanced unit v unit... this got me on a huge swear outburst....... a bazooka down to 1 health hit my Battle Tank and caused 5 damage with one hit.....come on! (I said MUCH worse than that at the time hehehee)

DeletedUser

I didn't say the game itself is garbage (though it's heading there more and more with each update). I said the balancing update was garbage because it didn't really balance anything out. Sure, I take a few more losses from other players and there are a few untouchable's now, but aside from that it's still the exact same. The only thing they did was make having offensive GB's a mandatory thing now. Before you could take an army into combat against someone ahead of you in time played and win (or at the very least show them you could win, even if it wasn't practical to keep doing it). That kept a lot of the plundering down as players don't usually plunder players that can turn around and plunder them in return. Now with this update we are basically shown that you must have all 5 of the military GB's to be competitive. They are no longer bonuses. They are musts.

If I started a guild today that was geared towards becoming the best guild on a particular server there is no way I would accept anyone that didn't have all 5 of them. Those players aren't helping the support pool in GvG and they are likely too weak to fight on the GvG map if they don't have the offensive ones. The GvG maps are set up to host about 5 strong guilds each. The smaller guilds are just nuisances that get chewed up at will, have their siege armies defeated before winning a single fight and are basically non-factors. That's not how this game should have been handled.

Now they deflated the bonuses the military buildings gave while not even worrying about fires or monastery's, which was a terrible move. But on top of that we see this most recent debacle of uncapping the offensive military buildings. A complete 180 from where we were just weeks ago. Before they NEEDED to be reduced. Now they NEED to be expanded. What in the world is going on? I know it's all about the almighty $, but come on... this 'flip flop wishy washy we don't know what we want so we are just going to keep tinkering until we alienate everyone' approach is mind boggling.

Then there are the vouchers. A complete slap in the face. Some player in the iron age with a level 1 zeus is going to get the same thing as someone that has spent months and months leveling up their zeus to lvl 10? And they didn't think people would have a problem with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

i agree with so much of what you say dralucious about how you must have all 5 castles to compete and that is totaly wrong in my book so you have actuly proved my case for getting rid of the castles and there boosts because there now a must have if you want to compete
i certainly couldnt fight in my hood without my boosts, but i would be happy to see the castles go, as even now with updates and nerfs look how things are turning out yes its cool for me as i get a better challenge out of it but not everyone can
so the answer is simply get rid of the castles and boosts, or if you must have them, then make them reduce healing time for troops or something like that as it wouldnt impact on the game as such like changing there values in att / def does

as for the vouchers i would rather the company sent my vouchers in the form of a donation, to charity that helps kids who are terminally ill as that would make a far better contribution than to my game.

DeletedUser4879

The introduction of GvG and the fiddle of GB values
was a backward step!! And the idea of deleting GB's is just plain crazy,LOL.
Inno wants and has to make money to host this game and so do all of them! All "FREE GAMES" have to be paid for!!
And, I bet you, they would worry more about paying players leaving this game than free players!!;)

DeletedUser100555

One possible way to fix the problem of GB's being devalued is to reward those who actively battle and donate goods. What if during the daily calculation, some FP packages were given out to the players proportional to the GvG effort they put in ?

DeletedUser13805

Just to say to taking away GB's, the game has to go forward!! The introduction of GvG and the fiddle of GB values
was a backward step!! And the idea of deleting GB's is just plain crazy,LOL.
Inno wants and has to make money to host this game and so do all of them! All "FREE GAMES" have to be paid for!!
And, I bet you, they would worry more about paying players leaving this game than free players!!;)

i can see the bigger picture now as yet again they realease an update that doesnt contain the much wanted filter for attached / unattached units

i was all in favor of the changes but now i am really not so sure.

DeletedUser101340

I stopped playing FoE when the great buildings got changed. to prove it this is the emial I now recieve:

Hello Sir Dog-a-lot!

No more Mr. Lazy Ruler! Your townspeople are longing for new tasks and adventures.
Spur on your scientists, go head-to-head with your neighbors, expand your territory or raise legendary buildings. So much to do, so little time!
Bring your empire back to life!

You want me to do this, then this change the buildings back to the way they were, what I bought into. Keep your little voucher bribes and bull about long term balancing, all I want is the original product. Or keep sending me the mail and I keep telling you to take a long walk on a short pier here and in grepolis and tribal wars. It's your product screw over who ever you want with it. If and when you are ready to stop your little schemes to try and squeeze more money out of me (like you haven't had enough already) then we will have a deal.

Have a nice day :)