• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Regarding recent feedback - discussion thread

DeletedUser

If this is a repeated question, sorry, didn't read through all the pages
So if you will remove level cap for the attack buildings, that means that Castel Del Monte will also get an increase of forge points yield or only attack boost?

DeletedUser1081

Lazlow, they haven't specified. The Countess indicated that the extra levels might even do entirely different things. Maybe Castel del Monte will tell us a joke every day or Alcatraz will generate decorations or Deal will polish random buildings or something. Who knows. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser96901

even if Castel del Monte gives more FPs it will be like
after 3 level (=13) one more FP
after 4 level (=17) one more FP
after 5 level (=22) one more FP
after 6 level (=28) one more FP
after 7 level (=35) one more FP
after 8 level (=43) one more FP (makes 12 FPs a day)

so at level 43 you will double your FP output
but will need 3 years to get there if you concentrate one this only building (but don't try to upgrade 2 GBs because then you need 6 years to get them both to level 43)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
But, if that is the case I foresee another problem..namely FP collected from CdM and Hagia aren't given as packets, they go directly into the hourly FP repository. As it is now, when trying to collect say 6 FP from CdM when there are not 6 free 'slots' in the repository an error message is generated and it is not possible to collect them.

If the rewards become greater than 10, then the hourly repository will have to have its capacity increased also.

DeletedUser99218

But, if that is the case I foresee another problem..namely FP collected from CdM and Hagia aren't given as packets, they go directly into the hourly FP repository. As it is now, when trying to collect say 6 FP from CdM when there are not 6 free 'slots' in the repository an error message is generated and it is not possible to collect them.

If the rewards become greater than 10, then the hourly repository will have to have its capacity increased also.

Or else some of the FPs (once they got to more than ten) would have to be given as FP packages going into the inventory instead of straight into the hourly repository.

The Tominator

Sergeant
If removing 60% of attack gbs was for the good of the game surely giving anything back to us let alone uncapping the attack gbs is
downright lame how is this good for the game now?..honestly ive never heard so much craziness....do u really think we are a bunch of unthinking automatons...in one breath you say its better to reduce gbs.. in the next you return it and make it worse....STOP!! THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99218

you do realize that even though they are giving us some vouchers and then lifting the cao so we can rebuild what they took away ..only for them to repeat it again down the track..we will rebuild they will then nerf the daylights out of them again ..never ending cycle of bait and remove

What, that's the pessimistic view (which doesn't necessarily make it wrong, of course) but one could also take a more optimistic one (which equally doesn't make it right), and that's that there is actually a master plan that will all make sense once it's all in place, and the present difficulties are largely the result of its being released piecemeal.

Before all the furore erupted over GB changes and GvG, it seemed to me that quite a lot of discontent that was being expressed in this forum was directly or indirectly the result of people who had been playing this game long enough to have reached the end of the tech tree and the campaign map and the development of their cities (before anyone gets hold of the wrong end of the stick, let me hasten to add that I'm not blaming such people for anything or saying anything's their fault).

This created two discontented sets of players: those who had basically finished all the FoE had to offer and now had nothing else to do except to pile up resources and PvP, and those who found themselves in the same neighbourhoods as these end-of-line players who felt they were being preyed upon by players whose power they could not hope to match (only a problem if they were plundered, of course). It may be there weren't actually all that many people in that position, but it seemed to be a complaint that came up more than once (possibly due to unfair neighbourhood merging as much as anything else).

Now, the only way to resolve this problem in the long-term (other than encouraging the end-of-line players to leave, which doesn't sound the greatest strategy) is to give them something else to do. Adding new ages is clearly one such thing, although one problem is that people who have been stuck at the end of the line for a long time are likely to be able to zip through any new age so fast that the new age doesn't alleviate their problem for long. Another solution might be to give them something quite different to do, and here GvG might fit the bill. Many of the complaints against it have been that it requires vast amounts of resources and thus threatens to slow development to a halt, and that only the top guilds can realistically competer. Well, maybe, just maybe, that's actually the main idea, meaning that maybe GvG is principally intended as a new challenge for end-of-line players who don't need to develop any further and who might be looking for something different to do.

Possibly (and now I am speculating wildly) this may have something to do with why the ME GvG map wasn't released along with all the rest. For that to be the case suggests that the ME map might be qualitatively different in some way, and not just more of the same (otherwise, why the delay in releasing it?). One such difference may be that it's somehow a much larger map (perhaps subdivided in some way to allow for memory constraints) which allows far more scope for guilds with end-of-line players to compete over a longer term without reaching a stalemate as soon as the first few most powerful guilds stake an unassailable claim to the limited territory available. Of course I don't know that this is what's planned; I'm just suggesting it might make more sense of GvG if it were.

Going back to the GBs, supposing that these could be advanced beyond level 10 using sets of duplicate BPs (which still seems quite a good idea to me), then this would provide a further opportunity for end-of-line players to advance somewhat. Suppose, say, it was realistic for some GBs to reach Level 16, then a Level 16 Zeus, Aachen or del Monte would give about the same attack boost as their pre-balanced versions would. In such a scenario the rebalancing down to 3% boost per level would make a little more sense, otherwise this additional levelling up could result in grotesquely overpowered GBs. (Of course some will object that this would be making people work harder to get back what's been taken away from them, but if the objective is to allow more scope for end-of-line players to develop, then one could at least make the case that the long-term gain is worth the short-term pain).

Moreover, if the attack and defense GBs could potentially reach Level 16 (say), then the perceived imbalance of allowing watchfires to remain giving 4% might be greatly alleviated. Compared with Level 16 GBs they might even seem to come back into balance, as might what is currently perceived as an over-correction of the imbalance between attack and defence in favour of defence.

I repeat that of course I don't know that any of this is what's actually going to happen; I'm just pointing out that on a more optimistic point of view one could see the current changes as part of a larger scheme that actually will make coherent sense once all the pieces are in place.

Whether it's a good idea to release such a scheme piecemeal while keeping everyone in the dark about the wider picture is another matter.

DeletedUser6065

Nope. If no extra room in the fp tray, the boost in CdM will automatically 'do something wonderful' with the extra fp's. It will automatically convert the extra fp's into (you gotta see this coming) more bp's. Yep, FP's into BP's. Inno staff deserves KP . .mk

DeletedUser96901

12 FPs then means
you get 10 FPs every 20 hours
come in time to collect them

like Alcatraz and time recruiting boost from GvG: it is finished after 22 hours now
come and collect your advantage or still collect every 24 hours because you don't stand up earlier
and that is not the fault of the game design

DeletedUser19049

I got the top of my hood through hard work.

You changed the rules.

I got my city finally close to defensible in the new hoods system.

You changed the rules and took away my bonuses.

Remind me again why this is "fair".

And, Yes, I read your blurb.

Now I am indefensible without spending tons of cash on diamonds. Not cool. Hard work is no longer enough to do well in the game. A sad state of affairs.

DeletedUser13805

If removing 60% of attack gbs was for the good of the game surely giving anything back to us let alone uncapping the attack gbs is
downright lame how is this good for the game now?..honestly ive never heard so much craziness....do u really think we are a bunch of unthinking automatons...in one breath you say its better to reduce gbs.. in the next you return it and make it worse....STOP!! THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS

do u really think we are a bunch of unthinking automatons

lol i think they must of done as the game in pvp was certainly becoming as automatic as a gear box, so i can well understand why they changed the boosts. it was so badly needed to make a real game of pvp again
its a lot harder now, it takes a lot more time and you need to now prove you can win with useing troops which is the whole idea of the game. its the companys own fault they created this mess in the first place with having castle boosts in the first place
they should never of had them in my view, as people have got so used to it being easy that now its caused uproar with many quitting as they can not do it, for whatever reason, b it time needed or lack of boost power its created a headache and the answer is not to allow the castles to become even more powerful as it will be back to the automatic game again
i would rather have it hard and a real challenge than to have it easy that anyone could do it

DeletedUser

It's really not all that much different now, desy. I still can auto pilot most everyone in the neighborhoods I fight in. The only real difference are the players that have 20 plus watchfires and a monestary to go along with maxed defensive buildings (such as myself). We are all but untouchable. That's not the correct ratio either. No one should be above being able to be beaten. And as it is now there are A LOT of players that cannot be beaten. Like I said, that's not exactly good planning either. Couple that with Ind Age map battles and the nerfs were just not a well designed plan to begin with.

You say that they shouldn't have added military great buildings in the first place, but if they hadn't the game would have stagnated and been boring a long time ago. Think about it. No GB's to level up. Once you reach the end of the tech tree, what is the point anymore? You have literally nothing to do. Sit there and fight the same 80 battles over and over and over everyday. YAWN! At least with military buildings to hunt for prints for and eventually level up logging in every day actually made sense.

They didn't need to nerf the attack buildings. They just needed to add the 3% attack that they added to the defensive buildings. That's it. Makes the battles more difficult while not making some players untouchable and certain map battles impossible for certain players.

DeletedUser13805

It's really not all that much different now, desy. I still can auto pilot most everyone in the neighborhoods I fight in. The only real difference are the players that have 20 plus watchfires and a monestary to go along with maxed defensive buildings (such as myself). We are all but untouchable. That's not the correct ratio either. No one should be above being able to be beaten. And as it is now there are A LOT of players that cannot be beaten. Like I said, that's not exactly good planning either. Couple that with Ind Age map battles and the nerfs were just not a well designed plan to begin with.

You say that they shouldn't have added military great buildings in the first place, but if they hadn't the game would have stagnated and been boring a long time ago. Think about it. No GB's to level up. Once you reach the end of the tech tree, what is the point anymore? You have literally nothing to do. Sit there and fight the same 80 battles over and over and over everyday. YAWN! At least with military buildings to hunt for prints for and eventually level up logging in every day actually made sense.

They didn't need to nerf the attack buildings. They just needed to add the 3% attack that they added to the defensive buildings. That's it. Makes the battles more difficult while not making some players untouchable and certain map battles impossible for certain players.

if you can auto battle 80 fights a day your a far better player than me and i take my hat off to you
if i dared auto battle my hood i would either lose the fight or lose so many troops that i would be waiting for hours to restock and be able to carry on with another fight so i dont know how you can claim that there is no change ?
either your hood is full of very weak troops with no defense or somthing along those lines as its impossable to auto a hood full of mod era troop with the new changes to there defenses

your point about the game getting to the end and it ended up being stagnated is a valid point and i dont know really what else could be done in that department but then again when you have reached the end of the tech tree with the boosts its still boring and the same old

the whole thing i like about the changes now is its much harder for me to do my hood many players have given up even trying anymore as its so hard so again i really find that claim that you can still auto battle a hood a mind blowing one as i only wish i could but like i explained i can not

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I did last night...secret is to have have squillions of Rogues..oops, nearly tripped over another Rogue there...heheheee

Mind you, I lost squillions too :(

DeletedUser13805

I did last night...secret is to have have squillions of Rogues..oops, nearly tripped over another Rogue there...heheheee

Mind you, I lost squillions too :(

lol mr beef
i forgot about the rouge option : )
i dont have any rouges so i have no choice in the matter : ( slow long hard battles but at least it keeps me on my toes, you should hear my language when i carefully attack a hoodie and they have switched defenses on my attack
i would be banned for a year if i posted up some of the things i shout out at my hoodie for being such a crafty sod : )

but thats why i think the game is back to how it should be. its now a game and a challenge and the defenders can match the attackers if there smart and have a decent defense boost as well : )

edit
not counting rouges of course as they should get a lifetime ban from the game in my book : )

DeletedUser

Perhaps I should have been more clear. After day one of the new updates I knew which hood members were going to be impossible to defeat. So to start off with I just simply avoid those players. No sense in losing 8 troops when you know you cannot win. That's 6 people gone out of 75+. Take away 7 guild members. Makes it a whole lot less people to attack. Then you figure out which players are actually going to make you lose a troop or two if you auto the whole fight. That's probably 15-20. There are some tactics (which I'm sure you and other people know as well, and therefore I don't need to explain them) to use where a couple of clicks of the mouse will allow you to auto those fights as well without losses. A quick glance at terrain and such and you know if you should take over a battle, as well.

What my point originally was, was that the updates didn't really help EVERYONE out. They helped out a select few people that have a ton of watch fires and a monastery. The rest of the people are pretty much in the exact same place they were before. Getting beaten (and now due to a few troop losses, looted as well) by me with relative ease. The update may have added 15 min to my neighborhood.

I find it odd that you say you wish you could auto your entire hood all the while praising the changes for making it 'tougher' and having to make you think and work for every fight. Seems contradictory.

Also, as to your point about rogues: If this game didn't have them, there would be no sense in playing it for 3/4 of the playerbase. Everything would take about quadruple the time it does now and you would still be decimated troop wise at the end of the day and not be able to participate in both GvG and PvP. Pick one and done. Rogues are the best addition to the this game in as long as I have been playing. Hands down. No argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

Perhaps I should have been more clear. After day one of the new updates I knew which hood members were going to be impossible to defeat. So to start off with I just simply avoid those players. No sense in losing 8 troops when you know you cannot win. That's 6 people gone out of 75+. Take away 7 guild members. Makes it a whole lot less people to attack. Then you figure out which players are actually going to make you lose a troop or two if you auto the whole fight. That's probably 15-20. There are some tactics (which I'm sure you and other people know as well, and therefore I don't need to explain them) to use where a couple of clicks of the mouse will allow you to auto those fights as well without losses. A quick glance at terrain and such and you know if you should take over a battle, as well.

What my point originally was, was that the updates didn't really help EVERYONE out. They helped out a select few people that have a ton of watch fires and a monastery. The rest of the people are pretty much in the exact same place they were before. Getting beaten (and now due to a few troop losses, looted as well) by me with relative ease. The update may have added 15 min to my neighborhood.

I find it odd that you say you wish you could auto your entire hood all the while praising the changes for making it 'tougher' and having to make you think and work for every fight. Seems contradictory.

Also, as to your point about rogues: If this game didn't have them, there would be no sense in playing it for 3/4 of the playerbase. Everything would take about quadruple the time it does now and you would still be decimated troop wise at the end of the day and not be able to participate in both GvG and PvP. Pick one and done. Rogues are the best addition to the this game in as long as I have been playing. Hands down. No argument.

that comment about me wishing i could auto was a tounge in cheek comment as it takes me ages to do my hood
i have no guild memebers in the hood
i have 2 who have spears
over 60 of them are mod era troops, that keep on switching there defenses around and they all have good defenses that hurt my units or kill at least 1

the rest are the almost imposable to beat types but because i am chasing every point i can get i battle these guys last but i will lose at least 6 troops but hopefully less

i dont have anyone in the hood who can not be beaten, even though i got beaten 3 times yesterday but that was down to having the wrong troops selected

i have to split my hood up into sections now and fight at different times so my troops can heal or be replaced
so all in all for me and in my hood its a hard challenge like i have said and the update has made it so and my points prove i am putting the effort in and the time
hence i joked i only wish i could click auto and get my hood done much faster but that the only problem i see is the time factor and that should be changed in terms of how long troops take to heal

DeletedUser

You must not have players in your hood with maxed out Deal and St. Basil's with 20+ watch fires and a monastery. Those players ARE impossible to beat. I, myself, am right on the borderline. 2 more levels on my defensive buildings and I will be maxed out. I have had several players with maxed attack bonuses take a run a me and they've all either lost all 8 troops or retreated after losing most troops while only killing off 3-4 of mine. It was a garbage update, and I am one of those players that probably benefited the most from it from a sheer defensive look at things. Total garbage. :)

DeletedUser13805

there are plenty with maxed out defense gbs in my hood they might not have as many watchfires. most of the hood are all top players, for example in the top 5 spots in the hood there are 4 of us out of the top ten in the world. so there are no mugs in the hood there smart players who know that to swap and change the defenses caused me a headache. and thats really how the game should be
defenders can now put in a defense and beat my attack if i dont pick the right units

so what more in a game would you be happy with ?
the time factor is deffo a problem i would agree with but as for the game being total garbage if it is then why are you still playing ? or why i am still playing ?
i know its been huge change from the easy ways it was before but that to me was total garbage. i never forgot how it was when i first starting playing the game and how i wanted to beat harder players or win a pvp tower
we didnt have castles then nor rogues so the only thing you could do was use the troops and if you picked the wrong troops you lost or lost a lot of troops it was a challenge
and its the same now its a challenge for me. and i can only hope the game never goes back to the easy days. as much as i might want to be able to click auto through my hood and not lose a single troop it really isnt a game nor a challenge

DeletedUser13082

the time factor is deffo a problem i would agree with but as for the game being total garbage if it is then why are you still playing ? or why i am still playing ?

I believe he said the update was garbage not the game :)