• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Regarding recent feedback - discussion thread

DeletedUser6065

Let me know too. Always looking for fun. And, as I've said before, the problems started with the introduction of combat bonuses into the Great Pukers. Attack/defense/both/watchfires/monasteries/up/down, it doesn't matter, they are all problems. Gold/resources/population/happiness/heal time/whatever bonus is fine, just don't cork around with the combat - at all. This was the mistake. BOTH attack and defense bonuses are the problems here. How 'bout 'I-World' without the combat 'enhancements'? I've seen the thought posted here in forum before and it sounds good to me . . . mk

P.S. @Stacey - you obviously have no future of being employed as an 'omsbudperson' (Google if you must) at InnoGames.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13082

Let me know too. Always looking for fun. And, as I've said before, the problems started with the introduction of combat bonuses into the Great Pukers. Attack/defense/both/watchfires/monasteries/up/down, it doesn't matter. Gold/resources/population/happiness/heal time/whatever bonus is fine, just don't cork around with the combat - at all. This was the mistake. BOTH attack and defense bonuses are the problems here. How 'bout 'I-World' without the combat 'enhancements'? I've seen the thought posted here in forum before and it sounds good to me . . . mk

Great pukers...?:confused:

DeletedUser13805

A lot of negative campaigning here... I think most of the community would not be angry if the "balancing" was done by increasing both bonuses accordingly which would yield to same net effect, instead of decreasing them. But thats just human nature. We will always perceive the cuts/decreases as a negative thing.

I think most of the changes Inno is introducing here are positive and they pay even too much attention on the forum feedback. I'm pretty sure that most of their game enhancements are not exclusively based on player feedback but on actual data they gather about player activity, feature usage etc so what seems as a bad change for an individual player could be a very good change for the game overall.

In any case, if Inno really wants to pursue the utopia of satisfying both "old-resistant-to-change" players and new players who will experience the game differently than FoE veterans, maybe they should start managing the versioning of the game by world and apply the new game updates only in new worlds they open.

i am not happy with how things have been done but the nerfing of castle has been well over due
most of the loudest voices to be heard repeatedly want the game to go back to the easy way of beating the hood in 10 mins or less, just clicking auto battle, really what sort of game is that ? its not a game at all
if you dont have the time for the game then what are you doing playing a game that is not a fast paced game ?
the problem is with the castle boosts it made the game to easy and players have got so used to it being easy
now i know its hard to do hoods and i know its dam right time consuming and things should be done to reduce the time needed, not go back to the quick game but focus on what can be done to reduce the time but keep it where the game is hard

my idea is to reduce the time needed for troops to be healed would be a good step, sort the attached / unattached unit problem out just these 2 steps would reduce the time need to play pvp in a huge way and players then start to enjoy having to beat hard defenses rather than just mind numbing clicking away at an auto button
i have no sympathy for these players as they have had it to easy for to long in my book
i can only hope that it never goes back with these uncapped castles it will put it right back were it was and that's just not going to solve the problem at all

now gvg i have never wanted nor voted for
forge of empires is supposed to be a single player game of empire building with the option if you like to join a guild to help you, but if you dont want to then you didn't need to as you could play the game on your own and in the style you wish to play it
so if you was into war then you would build a lot more barracks than farms as thats the way you want to play the game, now whos idea was it to change it all around for gvg ? why wasnt there at least a vote from players who wanted it ? just to change everything around the way the company has is the only thing i am up in arms about as its just not good practice in business and no wonder so many players are dropping out like flies

as for the voucher offer thanks but i think its to little and again it would boost castle up again so it really isnt the way forward
reduce the time needed for troops is the way forward players will get used to it and there will be a game again and those players who just want speed above all else well sadly thats not how the game is, nor should it be

DeletedUser13082

if you dont have the time for the game then what are you doing playing a game that is not a fast paced game ?

Again, I have seen you complain about the advantage given to players who buy diamonds. That being said "If you don't have money to play a game which offers a large advantage to people who pay to play then what are you doing playing the game?" It works both ways.

Now fair enough, I agree that GB's needed balancing as it was far too easy, even I thought that. But all the same, the issue is that the balancing has gone too far. It never balanced anything it just made it 10x worse in favour of defence rather than offence.

DeletedUser276

Attacking castles and settlements has always in real life been in favor of the defenders ;) before the update it was in favor of the attackers.

DeletedUser6065

@ death - puke: anything or anyone contemptible or worthless.

"OMG - my Great Buildings are now nothing but Great Pukers. How pukey is that?".

You're welcome . . . mk
*Just a stranger passing through*

DeletedUser13082

Attacking castles and settlements has always in real life been in favor of the defenders ;) before the update it was in favor of the attackers.

Agreed, but what if my siege army were to attack in the dead of night and assassinate all sentries without the alarm being sounded to warn of our approach? We could then enter the settlement unscathed, defeat the enemy unscathed and walk back home with a smile like a cheshire cat. We can all bring in technicalities, so if we are going to head down that route then we also need differing bonuses which are dependant on our attack style, the time of day that we attack and much more. When are those changes coming?

EDIT: Just to add on. The bonuses from offence GB's were always going to outweigh the bonus of defence GB's because of the way they were calculated to begin with. This should have been a well known fact before GB's were even released so with that being said it should have been fixed before they were released into the game. Not 12 months+ after players have spent so much time/money obtaining them and building them up to their current levels.

DeletedUser

On top of stopping the completely random shuffling of units every time you make a selection and unattached filters, another HUGE suggestion would be a log that actually tells you what guild member did what in GvG. These have of course been mentioned a million times already, but they are by far the quickest fixes for some of the worst/most annoying problems. If you want to prove you are listening to our feedback, fix these please.

DeletedUser3157

@ Hint

As far as i know it's the end of IndA continent which is the only place with those insane boosts, and that is exactly where i am now, stuck. So i'm supposed stop all map progress for 6+ weeks until i have researched to higher age military units

You can't be "stuck" there in the sense that 'oh I can't move forward without taking those provinces', like everyone been saying for million times now. You need to take just 6 of the 16 provinces in american continent and you can then advance to the PE(europe) continent. You don't need to take New Cragshire nor even Rentford in the base InA area and none of the 8 provinces in Mexico or Canada(called InA bonus area, cause they are non-mandatatory and were added much later)

DeletedUser914

Regarding those vouchers: it would be a bad thing if in future you can gain these with diamonds. That would mean that for the first time in 2 years this game is running, diamond users have an advantage on the battleground itself. This feels like using diamonds as dope: no dope, no win and always getting plundered.

DeletedUser7719

I doubt you will be able to gain vouchers with diamonds. You do probably can pay for what ever is required for the next level with diamonds though (FPs, BPs, goods, the only thing that doesn't have a diamond price would be medals which I have no clue in knowing if this will be possible with diamonds)

DeletedUser5514

Now its cool... all peacefull, no attacks whatsoever or very rarely :)...

Reducing healing time for what? If you dont have time to wait until your units heal, wich means "you dont have time for the game then what are you doing playing a game that is not a fast paced game?".

As someone else said, it works both ways :)

i am not happy with how things have been done but the nerfing of castle has been well over due
most of the loudest voices to be heard repeatedly want the game to go back to the easy way of beating the hood in 10 mins or less, just clicking auto battle, really what sort of game is that ? its not a game at all
the problem is with the castle boosts it made the game to easy and players have got so used to it being easy
now i know its hard to do hoods and i know its dam right time consuming and things should be done to reduce the time needed, not go back to the quick game but focus on what can be done to reduce the time but keep it where the game is hard

my idea is to reduce the time needed for troops to be healed would be a good step, sort the attached / unattached unit problem out just these 2 steps would reduce the time need to play pvp in a huge way and players then start to enjoy having to beat hard defenses rather than just mind numbing clicking away at an auto button
i have no sympathy for these players as they have had it to easy for to long in my book
i can only hope that it never goes back with these uncapped castles it will put it right back were it was and that's just not going to solve the problem at all

now gvg i have never wanted nor voted for
forge of empires is supposed to be a single player game of empire building with the option if you like to join a guild to help you, but if you dont want to then you didn't need to as you could play the game on your own and in the style you wish to play it
so if you was into war then you would build a lot more barracks than farms as thats the way you want to play the game, now whos idea was it to change it all around for gvg ? why wasnt there at least a vote from players who wanted it ? just to change everything around the way the company has is the only thing i am up in arms about as its just not good practice in business and no wonder so many players are dropping out like flies

as for the voucher offer thanks but i think its to little and again it would boost castle up again so it really isnt the way forward
reduce the time needed for troops is the way forward players will get used to it and there will be a game again and those players who just want speed above all else well sadly thats not how the game is, nor should it be

DeletedUser13805

Now its cool... all peacefull, no attacks whatsoever or very rarely :)...

Reducing healing time for what? If you dont have time to wait until your units heal, wich means "you dont have time for the game then what are you doing playing a game that is not a fast paced game?".

As someone else said, it works both ways :)

i dont understand what you mean by useing the example of heal time for units as it being a faced paced game ? its not a faced paced game its a slow one hence units take 4 hours to be reborn which is a very very long time

so either you accept the game is a slow paced one and play it or not
i am glad your hood is quiet i guess there are many hoods like that mine included however i am still able to beat the whole hood its a shame your not in my hood if you miss getting attacked : )

DeletedUser

I admit, I have not read all 11 pages yet, so if I'm repeating something, I apologize. The vouchers are just an appeasement. Something to get 5 more people to stop complaining, and as I read early on in this thread, an insult to any intelligent player.

However bad an idea I feel that the uncapping of the GB's is, I can only wonder if that is finally where the excess blueprints come in. A full set let's you gain a level for free? Hmm.. now that might be interesting. By now I would think I've got to have many full sets of each. :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Interesting that - 'For example, we will add a Great Buildings enhancement in which the level cap will be removed. Please understand that this will not be added to the game in the very near future, however it will be implemented later this year.'

However - 'The vouchers will be added to inventories very soon.'

Why would we need vouchers very soon if the removal of GB level caps is not going to happen in the very near future?

DeletedUser96867

@ mrbeef

Seems inno likes to do everything backwards, so it makes perfect sense.

DeletedUser14576

Interesting that - 'For example, we will add a Great Buildings enhancement in which the level cap will be removed. Please understand that this will not be added to the game in the very near future, however it will be implemented later this year.'

However - 'The vouchers will be added to inventories very soon.'

Why would we need vouchers very soon if the removal of GB level caps is not going to happen in the very near future?

It gives time for players to get all the GBs needed to get the voucher.

DeletedUser5514

To be honest, i preffer war but it all stopped when these changes were introduced... regarding healing time, you simply have to get used to it (wait until they heal or you finish producing them) or pay with diamonds. FOE is "not a fast paced game" thus healing and production times are not fast, the same way battles are slow and take a huge amount of time (in your oppinion we have to get used to it). It goes both ways...
This game is not meant to be easy, if you lack units, build more barracks...
i dont understand what you mean by useing the example of heal time for units as it being a faced paced game ? its not a faced paced game its a slow one hence units take 4 hours to be reborn which is a very very long time

so either you accept the game is a slow paced one and play it or not
i am glad your hood is quiet i guess there are many hoods like that mine included however i am still able to beat the whole hood its a shame your not in my hood if you miss getting attacked : )

DeletedUser99218

However bad an idea I feel that the uncapping of the GB's is, I can only wonder if that is finally where the excess blueprints come in. A full set let's you gain a level for free? Hmm.. now that might be interesting.

I rather like the sound of that idea. I can see a potential downside in that people who have been playing a long time and now have lots of maxed out GBs and gazillions of duplicate BPs for them could get a sudden huge advantage that would allow them to attack everyone else with impunity, on the other hand I can also see that people in that position might be feeling a bit frustrated that they have nowhere else to advance to, and this use of BPs might help alleviate that slightly. Provided people with super maxed-out military GBs were kept in hoods containing only other people in a similar position (at least initially) and not allowed to use their sudden boost to prey on ordinary mortals, that would be okay.

Apart from that problem, which is not insoluble given decent neighbourhood merging, using sets of duplicate BPs to level up the matching GBs would seem rather an appropriate use for them. It would also be a welcome change from otherwise having to find the gazillions of FPs that would otherwise be needed to reach the higher levels whilst at the same time providing some check on the number of levels that could be reached (since there are only so many duplicate sets of BPs that people are likely to find). It would, though, be as well to ensure that duplicate BPs couldn't be bought for diamonds (I appreciate that at the moment there's no suggestion that they could be), or else this change could too much of an advantage for people prepared to invest heavily in diamonds to buy duplicate BPs to boost their GBs to vast levels.

But of course I'm now just adding speculation to speculation; my real point is that, properly handled, this is a change I'd probably feel pretty positive about were it to be implemented.

DeletedUser8813

you do realize that even though they are giving us some vouchers and then lifting the cao so we can rebuild what they took away ..only for them to repeat it again down the track..we will rebuild they will then nerf the daylights out of them again ..never ending cycle of bait and remove