• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Quiz Time Discussion Thread

Amy Steele

General
Darn it! I just missed the third question on Houndsmoor yesterday! I had to go out and forgot to open up chat when I got back... by the time I remembered the question had been asked and answered. Must do better next time lol... looked like good fun was had by all who participated though :)

DeletedUser

That is already happening, and I don't like it. It should either be more than five, or the three need to be on a scheduled time

Quiz should be there for fun,not like obligation . It's not point to sit front of PC whole day and wait for Quiz master.
Have quiz like this like we have right now,point is to have open global chat whole time when you are online .
So if you have luck you will catch Quiz master ,if you have more luck you will get reward.
And if they make quiz everyday ... thare is big chance that you will catch him online. So .. that will be more fun,then this right now.

DeletedUser276

considering there is only 1 Quiz Master, that account has to spread its time out amongst all the servers. so 1 server a day. If we had more Quiz Masters then fine. But also remember that they have to come up with unique questions each time. So if we had a quiz master for each world thats 3 questions a day on 8 worlds... after a week thats 168 unique questions a week... minimum

DeletedUser

considering there is only 1 Quiz Master, that account has to spread its time out amongst all the servers. so 1 server a day. If we had more Quiz Masters then fine. But also remember that they have to come up with unique questions each time. So if we had a quiz master for each world thats 3 questions a day on 8 worlds... after a week thats 168 unique questions a week... minimum

That is long and hard part of job,but everyhing is posible if you want to do it. :)
Maybe you guys can look around for more Quiz Masters ? :)
And there can be a lot of question about game , just use imagination. :D

DeletedUser4906

point is to have open global chat whole time when you are online

Exactly!

It's a failure simple as that & some numbtee quiz isn't going to revive it.

Most of the "chatters" are the kind kicked out by the Pond & the Cave!!:p

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I have to say that I think the quiz is pretty lame; mostly because you have to use chat, but no-one is forced to join in - the prizes aren't game changing - so overall...

...meh.

Good luck to those who enjoy it; well done to the quizmaster for trying; and those who don't like it - so what?

(If it didn't use chat, I might even join in.)

Belcher

Corporal
Why can't you repeat any? Not like everyone plays on all worlds (let alone checking the chat bar) for someone to notice...

Being so new, the question bank is pretty small. Repeating the questions in an audience that includes "world hoppers" who have started in other worlds just to take part in the quiz will remove the challenge of the questions in no time flat.

I have no idea how long the Quiz Master will continue making his rounds, but if it last for a while then there may be less issue with repeating some of the questions.

And it's apparent that at least some players are really enjoying the Quizzes if they go as far as to join new worlds to spend quality time with the Quiz Master! Oh, and ask yesterday's winner of 1000 diamonds if he thinks the game is lame ;-)

DeletedUser

ask yesterday's winner of 1000 diamonds if he thinks the game is lame ;-)

Giving away 1000 diamonds on a whim is lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

1000 diamonds? I gotta talk to that Quiz Master :D
Yea, that guy needs a kick from you!!!!
I'm actually being a bit serious here. You can't give a gigantic reward when there's no way of knowing how to get it. When one man's treasure is another man's... oh wait he's sleeping over at his side of the globe!

DeletedUser5514

1000 diamonds? Whats that story about? Now, if this unfair quiz quests, give 1000 diamonds just to the lucky ones who managed to be online when the questions strike the chat and answer them faster, strikes to me 4 words: "you will lose players".

DeletedUser276

I have a list of all the awards given. There have been no 1000 diamond awards given to anyone. I think the guy was just joking around and trying to prove that the chances of good rewards are there.

As the questions get harder there is a chance to win diamonds... and other great things. But those will be very hard questions... and not 1000 diamonds.

DeletedUser5514

I have a list of all the awards given. There have been no 1000 diamond awards given to anyone. I think the guy was just joking around and trying to prove that the chances of good rewards are there.

As the questions get harder there is a chance to win diamonds... and other great things. But those will be very hard questions... and not 1000 diamonds.

Is that list public?

DeletedUser

lol you gave out 200 diamonds on Arvahall for the question "What does an altruist do?" I say just give more diamonds and everyone will be happy eventually XD

DeletedUser276

lol you gave out 200 diamonds on Arvahall for the question "What does an altruist do?" I say just give more diamonds and everyone will be happy eventually XD

wasnt me :P was the Quiz Master.

He/she gives out good rewards for hard questions. and 200 is way different than 1000 ;)

DeletedUser5514

wasnt me :P was the Quiz Master.

He/she gives out good rewards for hard questions. and 200 is way different than 1000 ;)

Its 20%... more than the 3 wishing wells, that i have in my city, have given me since they were introduced into the game.

DeletedUser

I've been given 500 diamonds :) but haven't got any diamonds from the wishing well, also when will the quiz end? does it have an end date as of yet?