• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hm, I just had a thought. It's possible that the devs haven't updated the merge system with the new changes. If that's the case, that would explain why today's merge didn't seem to have any improvement from the first merge.

DeletedUser1983

It's as if you are to be penalized for being a good and active player!!! What the freak is this all about? O mighty devs, are you even reading this? What about the CMs? Are they doing anything about it? Because in the original announcement, it was mentioned very clearly that the community's feedback will be taken and adjustments will be made to the new system before implementing it on all servers... Where the heck are those friggin adjustments? This game has become "Forge of Errors" rather than its current name.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7223

@Pbajoyce the towers don't start at the same time as the merge.

Why ? Whats the reason for this ? If i'm in a new hood , that lets me attack neighbors , this should be noted of battle points . Whats the delay ? . If the system doesnt recognize my battle scores why release or open the new PvP towers ?

DeletedUser

Hm, I just had a thought. It's possible that the devs haven't updated the merge system with the new changes. If that's the case, that would explain why today's merge didn't seem to have any improvement from the first merge.

Where did you see that there would be any new changes? I had hoped this would be the case, but was not optimistic. I didn't know whether they had actually said anything on the topic.

DeletedUser1983

This is only one of the top 3 pages of the rankings in Brisgard:

Capture222.JPG

DeletedUser

It's as if you are to be penalized for being a good and active player!!!
That is exactly what we have been saying man. I honestly hoped they would have done something to fix what everyone in this thread was talking about, but sadly that does not appear to be the case. There have been 5 people stop playing in my hood since the last merge and they were all top 300 players. That number is just going to increase. The only thing the merge did was take the 5 bronze age people out of the hood (which did need to happen for their sakes)

DeletedUser17220

It's as if you are to be penalized for being a good and active player!!!

i have already stopped pvp since last week and i probably will replace my military buildings with some houses and be a farmer from now on...

btw as expected my ranking has dropped from #1 to #24 after the merge. now the top 20 guys are all in progressive age but i am still in the early stage of industrial age. i'm not going to waste my time to compete with them just because they started the game earlier than me.

one good thing is that today i wasted about 3 forge points (which never happened before) and surprisingly i don't feel bad about it at all. oh right who cares about the forge points any more:rolleyes:

DeletedUser16522

Neightbourhood merge for me was allot better,
only 1 guildie in my neightbourhood and #1 is only 2x my point total, so not 5-6 times annymore
also in the same age, so we are fighting simular strengths!

hope it turned out to be better for allot of people!
and if so dont be afraid to share some positive feedback to ;)

goodluck to you all!

Nilopertiso

Corporal
The top 3 in my old hood (which I was part of) is the same top 3 now, so it seems we have been taken as the top group and everyone else is below, so at least I should in theory be able to compete without worry of being under constant seige! In my other hoods it's also been better too though time will tell I guess. I feel sorry for those who had top control of their prior hood to find they're now a vulnerable minion though ;)

DeletedUser

My merge was nothing like I feared... the core of my neighbourhood remained together and wasn't hacked apart... I did get slightly relegated in position, but not unfairly... if it continues in a similar vein in future I can have no complaints...

I'm curious how players who entered the PE age fared as I held off entering it as the merge was widely reported to be tech tree based, but the one player in our neighbouhood who was in that age remained and we now have an age range spanning PE to HMA and a point span of 350K to 15K...

Last edited by a moderator:

bilboman

Corporal
The new neighborhood merge doesn't seem to make any sense in terms of points or progress within the tech tree. Also, it happens in a very disruptive fashion since it seems to throw everybody up in the air and then regroup them almost at random. In the past, there was a high degree of continuity in neighborhood membership; with the new method, there seems to be very little continuity of membership preserved. On a scale of 1 to 10, this change scores around -5. I do not have anything good to say about it.

DeletedUser

Finally , after 3 months i got new neighborhood , there is 78 players now , that is almost double of my last (40) .
We are all in LMA or HMA so that is very cool. Finally I got some challenge .

Azbandar

Private
Feedback? As number 1056 on EN1 I just got merged into a neighborhood with the SIXTH ranked guy among other waaaaaaaaay higher ranked players. I'm only half way through the Colonial age and he appears 100% through Industrial. Please tell me this was a bug and will be fixed..? I'm all for fair neighborhoods where new players and people an age below you don't get merged but this is just outrageous. Assuming this is a bug, I still support the idea of fair merges and give the idea 10/10. IF this was intended and THIS is how the new merge system is SUPPOSED to work, 1/10 since this has created an absolutely incompetitive neighborhood with insane imbalance and very, very poor coordination. As stands currently, my little city is absolutely doomed and I SINCERELY hope this bug is fixed soon - again, HIGHLY assuming this is NOT intended.

Oh, and just to clarify the diffrence, I've got 146.459 points, the abovementioned player has 1.351.903 points.

The current rankins in my 'new' (hopefully VERY temporary) neighborhood is as follows:

6, 11, 110, 146, 148, 172, 198, 263, 312, 327, 336, 369, 379, 387, 397, 406, 410, 414, 468, 487, 488, 583, 584, 648, 650, 707, 710, 746, 777, 779, 805, 870, 921, 945, 952, 954, 990, 999, 1034, 1056(me), 1069, 1104, 1111, 1143, 1169, 1186, 1339, 1350, 1428, 1461, 1502, 1528, 1627, 1666, 1671, 1687, 1712, 1719, 1735, 1768, 1840, 1895, 1938, 1940, 1969, 1988, 2082, 2113, 2141, 2148, 2212, 2398, 2618, 2820, 2830.

This means the current span of;
Points in the neighborhood range from 1.351.903 - 50.126.
Ranks in the neighborhood range from 6 - 2830.

While I am OBVIOUSLY not the worst hit player among my own neighborhood personally, I can freely state that atleast 90% (based losely on presence of GB's, activity in PvP and point gathering) in my new neighborhood will suffer more than they will benefit from this merger. And I'm not sure a merge system which only falls to encourage and benefit 1/10th of the players is anything to be proud of. Again, this post ASSUMES the merge to be a BUG and that this WILL be fixed hopefully soon so we can return to enjoying the game in a more balanced structure, but IF it's not, that's just shameful.

(Note: The numbers posted above are all accurate as of 07/24/13 - 04:27pm. Changes may/will occour as players are active but not deemed enough to heavilly influence the outlined flaws!)

Where I didn't do the same amount of research as Kasperio, I can fully agree. I am ranked #1572 on my server and have basically just been put into a neighbourhood with ultra players. My neighbourhood ranges from number 17 (992,575) to 2681 (36,902). I'm ranked number 58 in the neighbourhood, and frankly don't stand a chance against anyone ranked 45 and up. I'm not against being attacked and plundered, though I don't particularly like it, but I'd like to not be steamrolled with Progressive era tough guys when I'm not even out of the Colonial era.

(Note: The numbers posted above are all accurate as of 8/5/13 - 1:06pm. Changes obviously were not considered a bug though I agree they should have been.)

DeletedUser

My city has suddenly become cannon fodder. There are 9 of the top 20 players in my hood with a quarter of the entire hood made up from 1 guild.
Who's genius idea was this? It has to be some sort of joke.
These merge farces have killed this game for me.

DeletedUser4906

Sadly, nothing will be done about this giant of all muck-ups.....

9 of my hood were guild members, now i'm on my own against mostly the top 3/4 guild's players, from number 2 i'm down to 22nd.

I worked hard to get there too but now taken away.....:rolleyes:

It's worse than the usual "balancing" guff malarkey too, it's PONY!

bilboman

Corporal
How about scrapping the new methodology and going back to the drawing board? This makes no sense and doesn't seem to match the description in the announcement either. It's probably "working as coded" though.

DeletedUser

Before the merger I was happy with my neighborhood. even though I rained over it like a mad king it was very competitive with constant fights over who gets medals on what towers and people trying to keep their scores close. after the medal I (475) am grouped up with many of the top 100 players who not only have all of progressive unlocked but have the money to back it up. Their is no way to be competitive at all against people with 10/10 great buildings, the best troops, VASTLY SUPERIOR ARMIES, more land unlocks, and literally 2 million general points on me in any fashion. I don't mind not being first or even 5th or having real competition ( I was second more often then first ) But fighting with 0 real chance of getting even placing 30th is messed up. In the old neighborhood the 30rth guy was still a threat.

Sherber

DeletedUser3157

People who complain about being in the same hood with some really strong players should perhaps realize that SOMEBODY has to be in the same hood with those players as well. If a 200k points player is unhappy being together with some 1M+ players, so what should happen instead? Make some 50k point player live there instead? If you want to have hoods full off people, then everyone can't be the winners. If you put together 80 players in a same hood, then 40 of them are bound to be in the bottom half and might not be too happy, no matter how you put them together.

This is why I'm hoping the merges every 2 weeks will rotate people around by quite a lot. Some weeks u get be one of the dop dogs, some weeks u get to serve ur rotation as one of the weaker players in a stronger hood. Some weeks u have ore guildies in ur hood, some weeks less. I think this would balance out things over time.

PS: I also know of some more ambitious younger players who got promoted into a strong hood where they are little over their heads for now. But they are happy, since they have so much more options to fight now and move up in the rankings, to become one of the big boys themself.

DeletedUser

People who complain about being in the same hood with some really strong players should perhaps realize that SOMEBODY has to be in the same hood with those players as well. If a 200k points player is unhappy being together with some 1M+ players, so what should happen instead? Make some 50k point player live there instead? If you want to have hoods full off people, then everyone can't be the winners. If you put together 80 players in a same hood, then 40 of them are bound to be in the bottom half and might not be too happy, no matter how you put them together.

This is why I'm hoping the merges every 2 weeks will rotate people around by quite a lot. Some weeks u get be one of the dop dogs, some weeks u get to serve ur rotation as one of the weaker players in a stronger hood. Some weeks u have ore guildies in ur hood, some weeks less. I think this would balance out things over time.

PS: I also know of some more ambitious younger players who got promoted into a strong hood where they are little over their heads for now. But they are happy, since they have so much more options to fight now and move up in the rankings, to become one of the big boys themself.

There is no need to put all of the top people on a server together. You can still spread them out over several (or at least more than 1) hoods.

The merges don't seem to be based on random rotations either. If anything, we are just going to get more and more of the top players until we are something like #1-80. There is nothing in the official description (or what I have experienced and heard about) that would lead me to believe that what you say in the second paragraph will take place. I would be fine if that was the case, but I am not sure why you think this is what is going on.

"a little over their heads" isn't really what most people are describing.

DeletedUser1983

I could give a damn about my rank in the hood. What I'm so angry and upset about is that there are hoods where people have no guildies and then there are hoods where we have 15 guildies. How the heck is that a working system? I saw your message in my inbox in Brisgard. I was making 2.8-3.5 million battle points a week with my pre-merge neighborhood. Now I, along with all of my 13 guildmates in the hood are going to make less than 2 million battle points a week.
In Arvahall, my hood has gone through two cycles of merges, and guess what, it has gone from bad to much worse. So your presumption or hope that things would even out in the long run, does not hold true. You have to be stuck in a bad situation before realizing how bad it can get.
People like me spent hours on this forum making logical suggestions. It doesn't seem that the admins have ears or eyes for the suggestions the community has been giving on these forums. There is absolutely no respect for the time and effort people spend on the game or on making the game better than it could ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.