• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You are definitely correct Blacksmith, but let's not pretend that the 2 medal expenditure expansions are even within the realm of possibility right now.

@ Batman, most of the PE buildings don't actually require 2 way roads, so there is that at least. I will keep my military around long enough to conquer territories. Not much point in having one after that though. Hopefully they come up with a decent fix for this because this will just be another farmville otherwise

DeletedUser14349

plus 2 more from diamond purchases... plus 2 more from medal expenditures...

Please have a look at our hood and the pvp ranking with the top players of Houndsmoor and tell me how anyone is supposed to win enough medals for an expansion. Only the top 5 can look forward to that. The other 75 players will have to do with the expansions they get from the tech tree. Or of couse, buying them with diamonds

DeletedUser

this for me was not so much a merge as a complete shuffle. the pre release info said hoods would be broken into natural chunks for merging with other similar level chunks from other hoods to avoid some groups being too big to merge but not being even nearly full.
I am pretty certain I am the only player from my previous hood in my new one. chunks of ONE ? REALLY? and how come we still haven't hit the 80 limit then?
Should I start building relationships again or will i be thrust into the grasp of another 80 strangers in 2 weeks time?
I've gone from 5th in a hood of almost 70 (iirc) to being 45th in a hood of 75 I am not looking forward to the persistent attacks and sabotaging, i thought I'd worked my way through that.
I've seen the thing about PvP ending early, I can't be sure about my medals but assume they were awarded. Will this happen consistently with the merge every alternate week?

DeletedUser

People weren't getting merges enough was really the only problem. I was at sub 50 for months. I had finally gotten a merge and then this happens haha. I would gladly go back to old system (even where I was at sub 50) because at least I knew the people then, and I could do more than 12 battles a day.

DeletedUser15501

Please have a look at our hood and the pvp ranking with the top players of Houndsmoor and tell me how anyone is supposed to win enough medals for an expansion. Only the top 5 can look forward to that. The other 75 players will have to do with the expansions they get from the tech tree. Or of couse, buying them with diamonds

There are other ways to earn medals besides pvp. There are a few GB's that award medals every 24 hrs and you can also earn medals by helping other people construct their GB. Also I find it hard to believe you can't earn medals in any of the pvp towers now.

DeletedUser

There are other ways to earn medals besides pvp. There are a few GB's that award medals every 24 hrs and you can also earn medals by helping other people construct their GB. Also I find it hard to believe you can't earn medals in any of the pvp towers now.

You are right. Getting 12k and 15k in medals from your GBs and donating to other GBs is extremely plausible. If you had read the posts above, it should be pretty clear why we are saying we can't earn medals. I will do a brief recap though. Everyone in hood is from the very top of the server, everyone is in IndA and PE, top of hood has all maxed out GBs (thus take a lot less damage than rest of hood), LMA and lower towers are obviously not an option in this scenario so all 80 people are trying for CA, IndA, and PE. The only ones who can feasibly do CA are top of hood.

I am #20 on server, #16 in hood, and have 75% boost. I was able to fight 7 battles (those were bottom of hood), well 12 if you count numbers 81-85 in hood, which are bronze players who just started.

DeletedUser14349

I just wanted to say ask Leeroy then I saw he already replied lol. I do have the deal castel giving me medals but we are talking of medal expansions (in my case) from 3000 on upwards. I`d have to donate A LOT to for months to get my next expansion and where is the fun in that? PvP used to be callenging and made the game fun but as it is now, the only way most of our hood can get medals when we go against the 2 spears with bronze age units.

Puablo

Corporal
My first welcome to the new 'merge' was "your defences have been breeched". On checking he attacked with 6 field guns, this means he has completed colonial and on checking is well into industrial. He also has 7 of his high guildies with him, so they'll be along next. Dropped from 25 to 48 in the 'hood. No problems with those of similar standing, but why so many so high AND FROM THE SAME GUILD! Lastly, thanks for the well published fact about the PvP points being lost or curtailed. We in the middle of the 'hood' now stand no chance of winning any more points, unless we drop back 2 or 3 PvP towers. It would be easy to chuck off!

DeletedUser

I'm very happy with it personally! I've got 84 neighbours in total, only 1 from my guild that I've seen. I got the medals from the towers and can now do another round, getting twice as many medals as expected.

*Happy face*

DeletedUser276

puablo the points were cashed in. If you were in the top rankings you got your medals. This happened world wide so it was fair to everyone. No one "lost" their points.

DeletedUser16793

plus 2 more from diamond purchases... plus 2 more from medal expenditures...

Also the buildings that are in PE are way more powerful than regular buildings. Hence why its required to have double roads. But... you dont have to get them.

Like i say Blacksmith. 2 more expansions on the tec tree. I cant afford diamonds, and i suppose the way things stand at the min, i might be able to get another 2 medal expansions in a couple of years. I know you don't have to have them. Don't have to have anything. But if its there it would be nice to be able to use it and not be put out of reach. Only just managing to keep them happy has it is, with out deleting probably over a thousand more, And replace them with double roads, and get nothing for them. Why not go the whole way and put everything out of are reach.

DeletedUser

It appears maybe that a new strategy when playing FOE is now required.... Start at Bronze level... research to end of that level tech tree, but be careful not to enter the next age.... don't worry about trying to form a guild with your neighbours for security... most will be gone to a different neighbourhood in 2 weeks and anyway with everyone going for the same PvP tower you'll only be regarded as lost points.. apply to join the top Guilds in your world (many will suddenly have new vacancies due to neighbourhood PvP competition) and don't worry about building military buildings... you won't need them for quite some time..

Then do nothing with your forge points but invest in blue prints for a bronze age Great Building as your only source of medals (as to gain PvP points will just upgrade your neighbourhood).. when the set is collected construct it and find another player who has a different building up and just trade points till both players have their buildings levelled, hopefully this should give you both the set for the other BA building and repeat process... by then 3 months have passed and it's time for your first battle against a neighbour (no need to worry it will only be against 1 or 2 spearmen as no-one wants to give PvP points away when everyone in the neighbourhood is chasing the same PvP tower)... 2 weeks later you'll be upgraded... follow same process...

In other words... log in, collect cash/supplies, spend 10 fp's on a building, log out...

Deviate only from this strategy if you are prepared to buy a girls best friend...

Could this be the future of FOE ???

I for one hope not, as I really enjoy how this game works at present...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14919

The recent merger and it's extremely unfair outcome

I would like to emphasise my absolute disgust at the outcome of the merger that took place earlier today and the effect it has had on my personal situation....Before the merger 1 was 2nd in my neighbourhood with a personal points total of 77,550, I was 60,000 points behind the no1 ranked player(ASHKAN69) and we were locked in battle for the tournaments every week and it was a good contest....He has dropped to 2nd in his new neighbourhood and boasts he will be back to no1 very soon....I on the other hand have dropped from 2nd to 48th...YES 48TH.....and find myself being attacked by new neighbours who have 550,000 points and who attack with FIELD GUNS and JEAGER INFANTRY when my most advanced troops are MUSKETS...Therefore I won't win any more medals in any more tournaments and therefore my chances of getting any victory expansions any time soon are zero whereas before I would have got the 2,000 medal expansion in a month......If the games administrators don't remedy the situation i'm in and put me in a neighbourhood where i'm against equals I might as well delete my account here on this world and concentrate on my game on GRIEFENTAL.....I put 2 tickets in to support and was told to post my feedback here in the forum which this thread is.......I feel i'm being paid lip-service to and that nothing will happen.........I bet this is the worst merger anyone on this world has experienced but I still expect nothing will be done about it.......Anyone reading this put yourselves in my shoes, i bet you would be bloody upset about it too.!!!!!

DeletedUser

I agree, after spending several month playing this game and reaching the position that I am in, the last thing I want to hear is shuffle, my hood/effort is more then just the sum of its score. What people asked for was to deal with several specific issues, not break the system with shuffle every two weeks and hope for the best. Why call it hoods at all, if those are just temporary ranking holders for the tower system to work.

We loose sense of progression, if before everyone who pushed forward moved up in their hood, now your effort is gone to waste, since you are randomly shuffled every two weeks and will be placed anywhere from first among weaker players to last among stronger.

So now instead of fighting against 80 players, who you get to know over time, talk with etc you fight against 1200, with global ranking as the only way to track your progress. Which is known as futile pointless and stupid pursuit, which interest a tin portion of top level players, because simply put a new player can NEVER catch up with another player who joined a month before and put up even remotely the same effort you do(he is matched with higher lvl player, get more pvp points for every fight and gather more coins for every round) unless you spend up a lot of diamonds.(reposted from a closed thread)

I never expected the devs to have been actually working on this issue without giving us any information.

As far as I know two major types of players complain about the old merging system, namely those super active pvp players who got stuck in a tiny hood and also those semi-active farmers who don't understand how to protect their goods. For those pvp players (actually i'm one of them as well), isn't the upcoming new feature guild wars supposed to satisfy our needs? then why do we need to change the merging system anymore. just to protect those semi-active farmers who may leave the game at any time? i simply don't understand it..
IMO the initial idea behind the new system was good and was intended to encourage everyone, however the specific implementation(from my observation here, I am not a EN1 EN8 player) seem extreme and does the opposite.

Before the merge the weaker players could at least fight in other towers and compete there with others of the same age. But now what can the lower half of the hood do to get medals apart from spending a lot of diamonds? It really took the fun out of the pvp like this to compete when I know I have nearly no chance to gain ANYTHING!

80 people who fight all for the same tower make pvp pretty pointless for most. And the pvp is what made this game fun for me.
Good point. Several people raised the issue of lower level trade and FP donations as well.

DeletedUser

I find this infomercial LOL advice to "Whiny bob" which has nothing todo with the issues outlined above, offering basic defense/city buildup advice fitting an iron age player patronizing and insulting.

DeletedUser15048

Blacksmith what the deuce is that?! Not only did that info link completely miss the mark of everything being debated in this thread (Which is meant for Feedback, right?) but it's VERY patronizing and you're directly talking down to everybody who dares speak a word of unpleasant views. I know it's late in the evening and it's never a nice thing when alot of people are openly debating things they really don't like, but C'mon man - you're better than that. Usually I've spoken quite highly of you in the past as I've always watched you as helpful and supportive but that post there is utter garbage. You're alienating yourself from everyone in this threat who's presented more than a few constructive and relevant arguements for why they feel the way they do and THAT is how you chose to respond?

I'm sorry but that's just not right, dude. This is not just about how "unfair" the new merge is but the many, many flaws that's come along with it. As I mentioned before, I realize its' not final but this thread (called "EN1 and EN8 neighborhood merge feedback thread") is intended for feedback, right? We're presenting you our feedback in many constructive and valid shapes and forms and you respond by talking to us like you view us as unruly little three year olds who can't believe their milk carton just got taken from them. That's unprofessional, irresponsible and downright offensive to see.

We're here posting what this thread is asking for - feedback. let us post the feedback we have regarding the merger!

- Kasper.

DeletedUser

wow I could not think of a more immature response to negative feedback that people are giving in the FEEDBACK THREAD YOU GUYS PUT UP. Why ask for feedback if all you want is people to tell you how awesome it is (which there really doesn't seem much of)?

You also completely ignored every complaint we have been making and set up some silly straw man to knock down and give your argument some plausibility. It wasn't even a response. How could anyone read this thread and think the main complaint has anything to do with plundering? That was pretty pathetic and I hope you were drunk when you wrote that.

I'd also like to know how that doesn't violate some of the forum rules

I am very confused with the new merge system I have cities in Avrahall and Houndsmoor in EN1 I have dropped about 20 places but the #1 guy is still the same and in EN8 I am now #1 and all the top players have been moved? Does this mean in 2 weeks time I will find myself in another neighbourhood as it will mean a new learning cycle every 2 weeks instead of playing the game. I was peeved to find the towers reset but found out later that the medal count had increased. Do the cars driving through my city have licences they have tried to demolish my buildings!

Status
Not open for further replies.