• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood merge feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What I don't understand is how can you give a feedback so soon without knowing who your neighbors are. The new merge has been out only what, a few hours? You have more ppl and a more diverse hood. Not all of them will attack you and not all of them will be peaceful farmers. You will make new enemies but also new friendships in time.
I say wait a little before giving a valid feedback.

DeletedUser

Haha. In a hood like this, u can soon become number 79 in your world :D

How do you figure this? This means ahsanis will be able to fight way fewer battles because of how beat up the units will be from fighting all IndA units that have defense boosts. I looked and ahsanis has like 20 something guild members in hood too.

@MrDuke what has anyone said so far that would have required a while to find out? Also, they are going to do this to all the servers in less than a week, so they probably don't want to wait for people to gather anecdotal evidence about the dynamics of their relationships with individual neighbors.

I actually have 5 more people in new hood than I had before and it is nowhere close to being as diverse as it was before. There are no peaceful farmers and it will be 80 people going for 1 or 2 towers (until half the hood stops caring b/c it is pointless)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

How do you figure this? This means ahsanis will be able to fight way fewer battles because of how beat up the units will be from fighting all IndA units that have defense boosts. I looked and ahsanis has like 20 something guild members in hood too.

You can make more points from 10 good fights than 50 walkovers. Besides this is a marathon, not a sprint, so eventually everyone can catch up during the 5 month wait periods between new ages getting released. You pick your fights smart and the amount of points you can make will depend on your army, activity and skill, not on the limitations of your hood. So if you wanna move up, it is better being with stronger neighbors, you have more freedom.

DeletedUser14349

I am ranked 25th in the global ranking, have been first in my hood before the merge. I got there trough hard work and spending a lot of time fighting my neighbours. I started to play in the middle of February and now I have a hood full with most top players who started at least a month before me. They had time to accumulate fore point packs, level up their GB`s accumulate a ton of coins and supplies etc while waiting for the Progressive Age. I just finished the InA tech tree 2 days ago. Since I am ranked 20 in the hood, I can tell that from the first 25 people in global ranking only 5 are not in our hood. The whole hood is full of InA players all fighting for the same tower. The top ones using diamonds to revive their units. I will be lucky if I can get 20 medals per week even if I fight daily. So I guess all the people who have less attack and defense bonus than me ( I have 90% ) will have no chance to even win any medals. Before the merge the weaker players could at least fight in other towers and compete there with others of the same age. But now what can the lower half of the hood do to get medals apart from spending a lot of diamonds? It really took the fun out of the pvp like this to compete when I know I have nearly no chance to gain ANYTHING!

80 people who fight all for the same tower make pvp pretty pointless for most. And the pvp is what made this game fun for me.

I so don`t want to play like this any more. To me it seems like all the effort I`ve put into my game was for nothing.

DeletedUser

I think the merge has been good, as a LMA player on houndsmoor, having to go up against Ind age troops was a pain in the a---.

DeletedUser

You assume that the only alternative is having 50 bronze age fights? It is pretty easy to defeat my premise that way I guess. 10-20 fights a day is the max he can reasonably expect to have here and he will be taking heavy losses so the points won't be that great. Actually skill will have little to do with it when you are in a neighborhood where #40 in hood is #57 on server (it goes on, but didn't feel like going past 40). The top all has 150% ATT/DEF, so there is no catching up for a looong time and catching up only consists of boosting GBs. The defensive boosts are pretty crazy here too.

Once again, your premise that there is more freedom relies entirely upon the assumption that everyone was in a tiny hood made up of all Iron and bronze people before this (and that this is only alternative). This more freedom characterization also ignores how much of the hood is made up of 2-3 guilds (over 50% is in 2 guilds alone). You also ignore that everyone in front of him is in same position, but with a preexisting advantage. How can you really expect him to move up in this scenario? By the time he boosts his GBs enough, they will have an insurmountable lead (in medals and points).

DeletedUser

What I don't understand is how can you give a feedback so soon without knowing who your neighbors are. The new merge has been out only what, a few hours? You have more ppl and a more diverse hood. Not all of them will attack you and not all of them will be peaceful farmers. You will make new enemies but also new friendships in time.
I say wait a little before giving a valid feedback.

It's pretty simple, actually. Mass message to guild, guildies gave a description of their new 'hood after merge, our 'hood is the only reported with more than 3-4 guildies. Everyone except for one other guildie is somewhat happy with their landing.

@Blacksmith - Appreciate it mate. I did mention to my guildies that it had been stated this was a bit of a "test run" and would hopefully be tweaked. Glad to hear this is indeed the case.

DeletedUser17245

had today merge on world 1 and i was and still am very ethuastic how it become, there is 80 of us atm in neighborhood and its very balanced , good job devs
thump up

DeletedUser15048

hence why we are testing it out today and asking for feedback :) Come Sunday hopefully things will be tweaked slightly for how the devs want things done and we start anew.

Good to hear from you, Blacksmith. I hope that also applies for the other nuisances regarding the new system. As I stated in my post, I'm ALL for a new merging system which intends to create balanced play for most. I won't mind being set with 80 equally developed players who're somewhat near myself in points. Infact I'd LOVE that. But the current pitting system seems really, really crooked as mentioned in my previous post.

But it's VERY nice to hear from you and it brings me a bit of comfort to learn that this IS not the 'final' merging system but that tweaks will occour and such. I'm VERY glad to hear that. As my previous post also pointed out; I could not POSSIBLY believe this to be the 'final' product and I'm glad you prove that to be true. I'll suck in my gut untill Sunday and try to stay off untill then so I can focus on enjoying the experience once I return rather than the frustration untill then =)

Keep on forging, sir!

DeletedUser3157

How can you really expect him to move up in this scenario? By the time he boosts his GBs enough, they will have an insurmountable lead (in medals and points).

I meant move up in world overall compared to everyone else in lesser hoods, not within the hood, hence I said 79.
Anyways that was just a innocenet fun remark, I didn't mean to start defending anything here nor was I giving any approval to this new system(I haven't even witnessed it myself, as I major in en5). And from what I can read here, it seems like excatly the concerns I had about this merge(super hoods develop etc) what I voiced in the "we need better merges" thread are coming through.

DeletedUser14349

I actually have 5 more people in new hood than I had before and it is nowhere close to being as diverse as it was before. There are no peaceful farmers and it will be 80 people going for 1 or 2 towers (until half the hood stops caring b/c it is pointless)

exactly. it is pointless for most people to fight now. I don`t see any diversity there if all going for the same tower. I can`t even seriously fight for a lower tower because it`s nearly impossible to beat my neighbours with CA units. So we have now already 31 people competing for the InA tower although a lot of them have already givien up after a few fights because they have no chance. I never had it easy to win the InA tower or any other tower. My previous hood had enough people of every age to compete with each other. It has been fun and challenging. I wouldn`t mind to get a few mone advanced players but not all of the same age.

DeletedUser16793

What a shambles. over a quarter per cent of the hood now are in my guild. All trying to win the tower, so understandable they attack you. Not got a problem with that, but to lose over a quarter of polishing/motivating, his hell of a lot. Started the game fairly late, so had no time to stock up with coins, supplies goods etc so walking on a very thin line. Been put in a hood which what seems like all the top players, and have not got a chance of wining anything, and might struggle to keep all my people happy. There only one way i can see me going, and that is backwards until i can build up coins supplies etc. Not very well thought out. Would like to know if you came up with this while you was having a quick drink!

DeletedUser

In addition to all of these problems, I imagine people are going to start posting 2 spearmen on defense A) b/c they need troops to attack and B) because they don't want to give up any more points. It is not like plundering is much of an issue when you are using all 24hr times and have the giant PE buildings all polished/motivated. Even if they aren't all motivated somehow, the plunderer would have to get there in the exact right moment to get you.

Given the size of the PE military buildings, there is no way people are going to be able to have many attacks per day in our superhood (b/c less units).

DeletedUser3157

My standing idea for merges is still the same as it was months ago and it is one of the most simple ones you can think of: Random shuffle of players every once in a while with rather loose age/advancement parameters. After long enough time and shuffles, it will always even itself out and be the most fair on average for everyone - some weeks u end up as one of top dogs, some weeks more closer to the bottom, u live with it.

DeletedUser1983

hence why we are testing it out today and asking for feedback :) Come Sunday hopefully things will be tweaked slightly for how the devs want things done and we start anew.

One humble suggestion, if I may, please add an IF...Else loop in your hood merge algorithm that checks for the guild and allows to keep the guildies per neighborhood limited at 5. Additionally, there should be another IF...Else loop on rankings, i.e., There shouldn't be more than 2 top 25 players, and 5 top 100 players in one neighborhood. I just had a guildmate in Brisgard get very concerned about his hood merge in Avarhall as he is clubbed with about 25 players who are more than twice his points total and with a lot more developed cities. It is VERY obvious that he'd be insecure about getting plundered by 20+ players every day and hence would eventually quit! If I remember correctly, Countess had suggested that there will still be variety of players in the hood to allow participating on various PvP towers across ages. Lastly, perhaps reduce the limit on hood size to 60-65 and if you include the two conditions above, you might have a much more logical merge of the hoods.

DeletedUser16793

In addition to all of these problems, I imagine people are going to start posting 2 spearmen on defense A) b/c they need troops to attack and B) because they don't want to give up any more points. It is not like plundering is much of an issue when you are using all 24hr times and have the giant PE buildings all polished/motivated. Even if they aren't all motivated somehow, the plunderer would have to get there in the exact right moment to get you.

Given the size of the PE military buildings, there is no way people are going to be able to have many attacks per day in our superhood (b/c less units).

Dont know about needing troops for attack Leeroy. I am think of getting rid of all my units. There is no way i can compete with these guys. May be able to comp with a hand full. So thinking of putting the land to better use, esp now that you have to have double roads and a lot more space for buildings for the PA age. And they only give you another 2 more expansions on the tec tree. Its ridicules.

DeletedUser14349

to me my hood seems like a bunch of people all wanting to have a piece of the same cake but there are just too many people going after the same cake :( loosing about 5 times the amount of units than I did before and can be lucky if I win 20 medals. So not worth doing pvp any more except for the few who have higher attack GB`s and unlimited diamonds. I just wonder where are the "intelligent breaks" that make a new hood. On our hood is surely nothing intelligent. Maybe it`s better in other hoods (some of my guild members are not unhappy about the changes) but I don`t think many of our hood are happy now

DeletedUser276

And they only give you another 2 more expansions on the tec tree. Its ridicules.

plus 2 more from diamond purchases... plus 2 more from medal expenditures...

Also the buildings that are in PE are way more powerful than regular buildings. Hence why its required to have double roads. But... you dont have to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.