• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mini Challenges Feedback Thread

Deleted member 127677

You can compensate missing out on two weeks of GE5, by doing 24 rival quests. I think that's what he means.
I just read the explanation above also, hadn’t realised, I assumed they thought it was just some frags for the whole thing.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
in my main city loved it, completed it in less than 24 hours, but it is designed for end-gamers, I would have struggled in my baby cities and a limited time building would be of no use in my baby cities

Vesiger

Monarch
I see. Then I guess it really would be a struggle. Level 4 has been required in my guilds through most of my player time, it was hard when I was a junior player but stopped being hard in FE and that is now years ago too.

Level 4 didn't even exist when I was in the Future Era - neither did the rest of the Guild Expedition :D

(Presumably there are still 'trader' players who don't spend space on collecting the sort of attack bonus needed to fight the end of Level 4? The problem was that I had already completed the early encounters...)

Our guild has never demanded GE completion, and I think a lot of the players have never even attempted it - we are not out to climb the rankings, though we do remarkably well for a guild that doesn't put any focus on it, but to enjoy ourselves in whichever aspects of the game we prefer.

In fact I did manage to complete Level 4, probably thanks to having aged up during the GE this week, and mercifully the quest auto-completed after the final L4 encounter and didn't require me to do the remaining five battles on L5, which was a considerable relief!

Bob2965

Private
I can fight to the end of GE5 so all these negotiations are very expensive, but the stop point for me was the 24 supply task. I would have been forced to use four 6 hour rushes which will then possibly be needed in the next event. Not impressed.

Baron Dent

Private
Really don't like it. I have a Space Carrier, so I don't want to have to finish GE in 2 days, I want to spread it out through the week. And all the 24 hour productions. It's really not imaginative, and entirely unnecessary.

budha

Private
Not a bad idea, but current design has flaws (lack of imagination).
Too many finish xy not to mention 24h quests for such a short time combined with buy fps which will soon raise price of fp to abnormal amount (not sustainable if you wont tranfer to diamonds) while spending goods on negotiation.
What would happen if you would to triger some other parts of game which are always put aside, like motivate xy friends/guildees or neighbours. Or to sit in some taverns and hang out. Do some GBG progress. Collect xy fps.
Just saying

Shad23

Emperor
will this thing come back with the GE 5 rewards ? can't do the last 2 quests am missing a finish all supply productions to finish

Gooders99

Private
This is very much like Guild Expeditions Level 5 for me - played it very briefly once and will never look at it again. The spend required for so little gain renders it completely pointless.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Well the first of what I suspect are many Mini Challenges is over and hopefully buried, I completed it on one of my worlds, just to evaluate it and to give it a proper chance to see if it was worthwhile, my conclusion, well the GE themed one wasn't, why push though 32 quests to gain the same rewards as GE gives you, definitely will not be doing a GE one again, the rewards are simply not worth my time and attention, and needs renaming, it's not a challenge, nothing could be further from the truth, it was so simple and easy I got bored by Quest 10, if further ones are even remotely along the same lines then I will ignore them, only doing it if it gives rewards I need or cannot get elsewhere, INNO, for God's same come up with something original for a change, something that is truly a challenge, not quests which we all do daily, even the time limit was a joke, I completed it all within a few hrs, just another useless feature which really needs a complete overhaul already, and start giving us rewards that are worthwhile or some that simply cannot be gotten any other way, like extra expansions, time reducing rewards that can be applied to a GB...in short some rewards that are not part of any other feature of the game.

Deleted member 127677

You need those other players as well for this game to survive.
Is this something we should start worrying about? When someone says a feature is too easy and is asking for a proper challenge? As I have to agree, the questline was clearly intended for advanced players, and pretty repetitive of what we already have in both events and the daily questline.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Just cause you did does not mean everybody can.

What you are asking now is better rewards and a much higher difficulty. Looks like you only want the elite to succeed and get even better where all the others have no chance at all. You have to understand that this is a game for all, not just for the top and extremely active players. You need those other players as well for this game to survive.
These are supposed to be challenges, they are not exactly challenging, yes I concede not everyone knows how to circumvent these Quests to be able to go through them quickly and no I am certainly not elitist, they just could have been made harder for each era was what I was trying to say, as for rewards, those I spoke of would be just as good for all era players, I just think that the rewards could be different from what you can gain from the game normally, it doesn't matter what they are, those I mentioned are just examples I thought of when writing and would be of just as much interest to low era players, my point was that overall, it is the same format as event, story, side bonus and daily quests, yes it included a time limit which some players might find challenging, but the majority of players not so, a mini challenge with each era in mind and totally different mechanics and rewards not normally gained elsewhere would have been so much better, more interesting and a breath of fresh air to a game that to be honest is becoming stale with so much of it being alike, I spend a lot of time teaching low era players the tricks and tips of many aspects of the game, to help them improve and succeed, helping others is something I enjoy doing, I wasn't thinking of myself

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Maybe to get that reward 4 times faster compared to full GE5 then when doing just GE5? Which would mean, if the same reward each week, plus 4 time limited fight boost buildings in 4 weeks on top of the one from GE5.
Actually, I completed GE L5 before the quests, but that's just me, yes the quests have given some players a chance of obtaining rewards they may not be able to get because for whatever reason they cannot complete GE, and that I do applaud INNO for introducing but still feel that INNO have missed out, by having a really good feature with perhaps a mediocre one, we shall see what the next one brings, hopefully someone somewhere will read all these comments and improve the idea

Malynn

Corporal
Do we know when the next one is and will it be same rewards ?
Your guess is as good as anyone’s. One thing Inno is not good at is keeping players informed.
Example: The first attempt at launching the mini challenges was a failure, but did Inno inform everyone that the mini challenges had been postponed for a week. Answer - No. Yes everyone who uses the forum and who read this thread and announcement was aware but was there a mass message sent to all players (including those who do not use this forum) to inform them of the delay - No.

Deleted member 127677

Your guess is as good as anyone’s. One thing Inno is not good at is keeping players informed.
Example: The first attempt at launching the mini challenges was a failure, but did Inno inform everyone that the mini challenges had been postponed for a week. Answer - No. Yes everyone who uses the forum and who read this thread and announcement was aware but was there a mass message sent to all players (including those who do not use this forum) to inform them of the delay - No.
I agree with Malynn completely on the lack of communication (or open communication). Do by all means put in a forum post in the middle of an active thread that something is postponed, or add an additional comment as an update to an announcement to this forum when something changes, but also just post that and send it to people in their inboxes. Maybe not everyone reads that either, but at least they have received it and can only blame themselves for not reading it. Forum in all honour, most people are probably blissfully unaware of what goes on here.

cnorton

Private
Actually, I completed GE L5 before the quests, but that's just me, yes the quests have given some players a chance of obtaining rewards they may not be able to get because for whatever reason they cannot complete GE, and that I do applaud INNO for introducing but still feel that INNO have missed out, by having a really good feature with perhaps a mediocre one, we shall see what the next one brings, hopefully someone somewhere will read all these comments and improve the idea
How many fragments do you get from full GE5? 50? How many did you get from full quest? 200? So would that make 4 weeks to get what you got from one quest chain? Which means my "4 times faster" is actually understatement, cause first case you need minimum 3 weeks plus few mins, while in latter case you needed just maximum 2 days to get full building. See the point?