• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Prompt

• Thread starter DeletedUser109629
  • Start date

Vesiger

Monarch
-1, more important things like adding more content than implementing a redundant feature
Surely it can scarcely be considered 'redundant' when it's been routinely present in one version of the game for at least six months (since before I started, I think)?
It depends how will it be made and if it will distract then it would be annoying to click every 30 seconds.
I don't see how it distracts: it doesn't flash, once the first new message has arrived it just sits there without changing...

joesoap

Major-General
I will admit that if you keep your eye on the bottom left hand corner you can notice the flashing, but it definitely does not attract your attention if you're not looking for it. To say a red dot would spoil the interface to me is nonsense, once you click it will disappear, how can that possibly be a distraction. I do think some people are being negative just for the sake of it. My wife is addicted to a similar type of game called "BigFarm" and that shows a red dot on the screen when a new message appears and she finds it very useful.
a red dot instead of the flashing would still require players to keep an eye on the bottom left corner of the screen, so if they miss the flashing they are likely to also miss the red dot so this is a change that wouldnt actually achieve anything

DeletedUser109629

Sorry joesoap but the flashing icon is really insignificant and it does require something a bit more noticeable. I cannot understand why people are being so negative about this request, whatever harm can it do to know clearly that you have received a new message.

joesoap

Major-General
maybe players are being negative because there already is a new message indicator in the game & it works so dont see the need to change it

DeletedUser109629

Ok joe I accept it might work for you but that doesn't mean to say that it does for me. I still say that you have to be looking carefully at it to notice the flashing and that it isn't sufficiently noticeable. Would it really worry you that much if it were a bit clearer?

Vesiger

Monarch
a red dot instead of the flashing would still require players to keep an eye on the bottom left corner of the screen, so if they miss the flashing they are likely to also miss the red dot so this is a change that wouldnt actually achieve anything
You don't have to 'keep an eye on it' or worry about missing anything; it's just there to indicate that something has updated. It doesn't matter if you don't see it the minute it happens, or if you don't log in until hours afterwards...

DeletedUser109624

it's just there to indicate that something has updated
Talking about being updated. If you want a red dot for the messages then you would have to replace all the other flashing icons as well, like the inventory when there is new stuff added to it or the guild forum, that flashes. So there would be red dots everywhere.

DeletedUser109629

Can someone confirm that every icon would have to have a red dot if the message one did, seems a bit unnecessary!

DeletedUser6838

I also agree that the flashing is sufficient. Faint? perhaps input some contrast to yer screen or turn down yer brightness a bit =o?

Although the message window could be a tad bit bigger and perhaps have 2 tabs, one for group messages and the other for private messages? Other than that i dont see anything wrong with the message system ;].

DeletedUser15526

if you click it it will disappear, if you click the message box when unsure you got a message you will find out if you have any,lol
no difference in my opinion.

personally our message box flashes wayyyy to often, annoying enough as is, i have no problem in noticing when it flashes myself.
-1 from me

edit: last time i played using my better halfs kindle when my lappy was down, the msg icon actually had numbers on it saying how many msgs you had unread, found that even more annoying because some msgs i dont even read if it does not concern me lol. hope they got rid of that one haha

Last edited by a moderator:

MP75

Master Corporal
-1 Enable/disable option for flashing messages would be great instead of this,like the way you enable/disable city animations.