• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Prompt

• Thread starter DeletedUser109629
  • Start date

DeletedUser109629

I have asked support if they could introduce a message prompt so that you can identify clearly that someone has contacted you. They have told me that in actual fact the "Message Centre" icon flashes when a new message is received. Having now played the game for well over six months I had never noticed this "flashing" before as it is so faint, in fact virtually non-existent. I have often sent messages to other players and not received a reply and although it may be down to the fact they just want to ignore me, I think quite often they do not even see my message. My request is to please, either display an on screen prompt when a new message is received or to make the current flashing icon much more prominent, maybe appearing even red in colour when a new message arrives. They tell the flashing icon is deliberately unobtrusive, why, do players not want to be informed that someone has contacted them?

DeletedUser109624

-1 a flashing is more than sufficient. This is also the way you get notified in chat. But if you know where to look you can easily see that there is a new message. Additionally, if you are in a group message or just in the guild thread and people are messaging back and forth a popup every 30 seconds for a new message would be quite annoying.

DeletedUser1094

In most of the guilds I'm playing in, that message-icon never stops flashing. I don't even want to think about, what it would be like if there was a notification for each message. I'm following suit here...

DeletedUser109510

In most of the guilds I'm playing in, that message-icon never stops flashing. I don't even want to think about, what it would be like if there was a notification for each message. I'm following suit here...

I agree with this comment too so -1

DeletedUser100065

-1 on making the flashing more annoying than it is already.

DeletedUser109629

I think people have misunderstood as I am not referring to the global/guild chat bar in the top right hand corner but the message centre at the bottom left. In our guild of which there are 70+ members there are certainly not a huge number of messages maybe ten or so a day but it would be nice to know clearly when one has arrived. If anyone thinks that the message centre flashing is already annoying then they must have superb eyesight, wish mine were that good!

Vesiger

Monarch
In the mobile app, the message icon shows a red dot when there are new unread messages present - it doesn't interrupt anything and it doesn't flash every time a message arrives subsequently. Is that the sort of thing you're asking for ?

DeletedUser109629

Yes that sounds good thank you, just something that is a bit clearer than the present faint flashing icon. I certainly don't want it to be obtrusive but surely every one wants to know if they have received a new message. Apologies Rowan47 if you did not misunderstand me and you must obviously speak for the whole forum!

DeletedUser96901

+1

can be a dark red flashing instead of a light orange one

DeletedUser109624

Still not convinced of the idea. If you know where you are looking (at the message icon) you can see that it is flashing in any color. And
ten or so a day
is indeed quite a few messages for a guild that big, but that just aside. A red dot would probably distract the overall look of the UI.

DeletedUser109624

like this?

Attachments

• red_dot.png
    red_dot.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 160

DeletedUser109629

I will admit that if you keep your eye on the bottom left hand corner you can notice the flashing, but it definitely does not attract your attention if you're not looking for it. To say a red dot would spoil the interface to me is nonsense, once you click it will disappear, how can that possibly be a distraction. I do think some people are being negative just for the sake of it. My wife is addicted to a similar type of game called "BigFarm" and that shows a red dot on the screen when a new message appears and she finds it very useful.

DeletedUser16126

-1, more important things like adding more content than implementing a redundant feature

DeletedUser109629

Ok Jouchka, can only one thing at a time be done then? Secondly regarding the above comment about clicking every 30 seconds, if you get a message every 30 min's maximum I would be surprised. Really cannot see a problem with trying to make something a bit more obvious.