• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

locking the last forge point on a GB

• Thread starter DeletedUser113264
  • Start date

DeletedUser113264

on a different subject ,i would like to know players opinions on "locking" the final forge point so only the owner of that GB can level it up,
the problem with other players leveling up GBS belonging to other players is now fast becoming a blight on our game,
in the last week alone it has occured a number of times at our guild costing precious forge points and goods,
after talking to inno about this they suggested i place my suggestion here and if they get enough players who are also concerned about this they will look at it,
please support this suggestion

Vesiger

Monarch
I've always been a bit sceptical about whether you actually do lose any goods from another player levelling up your GB; supposing it was due to pay out at 9pm, and someone levels it up at 3pm, it will then pay out six hours earlier than expected the next day, and you'll get two lots of goods in 24 hours. If you level it up yourself at 9pm, you'll get two lots of goods one after another, but a longer wait before the next payout is possible - I'm not sure that amounts to any net gain over the 48-hour period.
The argument I find most persuasive is that buildings levelling up unexpectedly causes them to go out of sync with your other collections...

DeletedUser111359

If someone triggers it early, yes, you'll get one payout immediately, but over time it will creep forward and end up back at 9pm with the others, and over the long haul you will have lost out on an extra collection.

DeletedUser113264

I think one main reason is because it will put your productions out of sync.
Another reason is that players lose out on the double dip,one of our members has lost over 100 fps by someone leveling his GB in two weeks

DeletedUser110531

Like Agent said there are no rules against it, if a player is in a higher age and is repeatedly plundering you and you can't break their defence then this is a great retaliation.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Like Agent said there are no rules against it, if a player is in a higher age and is repeatedly plundering you and you can't break their defence then this is a great retaliation.
+1 this.
Also, leveling another player's GB on them is a great retaliation when a sniper snatches 1st place from an in-guild GB group. ;)

DeletedUser111879

I've always been a bit sceptical about whether you actually do lose any goods from another player levelling up your GB; supposing it was due to pay out at 9pm, and someone levels it up at 3pm, it will then pay out six hours earlier than expected the next day, and you'll get two lots of goods in 24 hours. If you level it up yourself at 9pm, you'll get two lots of goods one after another, but a longer wait before the next payout is possible - I'm not sure that amounts to any net gain over the 48-hour period.
The argument I find most persuasive is that buildings levelling up unexpectedly causes them to go out of sync with your other collections...
I like to collect all my GB's and special buildings in one big chunk at about the same time every day just to keep things simpler, it gives me a big influx of gold and a bunch of FP's all at once, for FP swaps and the like. It also means doing the repeating quests to collect gold, the 1 day production quests, the one to spend a bunch of FP's, can be done in a flurry of quests all at once while you are collecting your buildings. I can usually get about 3 or 4 of the gold collection quests done in one collection by collecting all my 24 hour buildings at once. Throw in a Chateau, and that can result in a decent haul of goods and the like. So throwing one of my buildings off cycle will throw that off. You level my CdM so it's not being collected at the correct time, I'm suddenly a few FP's short of my usual haul for that day, which may mean i can't do the FP spending quest that morning, for instance. And then it will be left uncollected until it cycles back around to the right time. So yeah, it will potentially result in a loss for me of more than just the goods from the GB itself.

I just think it's bad form, unless it's the ToR, which has nothing to collect, because you don't know how people are playing, and it could really throw them off. Yeah, there's no rules against it, technically, but that doesn't mean it's not a dick move. Unless you are actively trying to piss people off, like the retaliation examples above, don't do it.

DeletedUser111359

Stupidest reason ever for worrying about it.

So you collect it early, so what? If nothing else you just wait to collect it with the rest of them to get them back in sync.

DeletedUser96901

not another thread about this

you can use on of the 100 other

then that is your fault :P

nobody forces you to collect a finished GB before your sync ;)

and to be honest there is only ONE reason for this idea
people want double collect their GB

the problem with other players leveling up GBS belonging to other players is now fast becoming a blight on our game,
in the last week alone it has occured a number of times at our guild costing precious forge points and goods,
today I was plundered

that was a blight in my game and costed me my precious goods

DeletedUser113269

+1 here. Maybe you have to spend a few diamonds to lock it? That way you get to choose how important it is to you?

DeletedUser110531

then that is your fault :P

nobody forces you to collect a finished GB before your sync ;)

I never said this happened to me, I offered it as a possible reason why their players would be annoyed at this. Personally I will be glad that a GB actually leveled no matter when it did. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113264

The downside of this idea is that if a player goes inactive then it will be impossible to 'salvage' donations. At least now you have the option to level up the GB of an inactive player and salvage your donation.
a way around that would be,if a player is inactive for a month then it is deemed not to be in lockdown and opened up to level

Agent327

Overlord
I just think it's bad form, unless it's the ToR, which has nothing to collect, because you don't know how people are playing, and it could really throw them off. Yeah, there's no rules against it, technically, but that doesn't mean it's not a dick move. Unless you are actively trying to piss people off, like the retaliation examples above, don't do it.

To you, plundering is probably a dick move as well.

If you do not want someone to level your GB, don't leave it with just 1 fp to go.

DeletedUser96901

, plundering is probably a dick move as well.
not only probably

If you do not want someone to level your GB, don't leave it with just 1 fp to go.
I had one neighbor who once made the last 30 FP to cost me 57 FP
(but only place 6 for him)

so actually he lost more (30 FP but no reward place) than me (27 FP because that are those 57 minus the 30 FP to finish the level) :lol:

DeletedUser113269

The downside of this idea is that if a player goes inactive then it will be impossible to 'salvage' donations. At least now you have the option to level up the GB of an inactive player and salvage your donation.

Maybe the amount of diamonds used determines how long it stays locked for. Or it could be limited to 24 hour lock where only the owner can level it.

DeletedUser111879

To you, plundering is probably a dick move as well.

Not really, no. Not that I have been plundered in months, because I can do something about that. And of course you left out the part where I said that UNLESS you are doing it as retaliation for something, it's a dick move. Kinda important context there. At least with plundering you get something out of it, i can understand that motivation, it's a style of play that is built into the game. Leveling a GB gets you nothing, you actually lose some FP's, all you get out of it is messing with someone, so yeah, it's a dick move if you're just doing it because you can.

And I don't generally leave my GB's with 1 point to go, actually. I usually leave a buffer of about 50. But still, sometimes someone puts some extra points in for a reward and it bumps it up to a point or so from leveling, or something like that, and you can't really control that. The few times it has happened to me, where a GB had been leveled by someone else, it has been from guildmates who simply didn't understand why what they were doing was a dick move, so sometimes i think it needs to be said that it is.

Last edited by a moderator: