• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

locking the last forge point on a GB

• Thread starter DeletedUser113264
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
And of course you left out the part where I said that UNLESS you are doing it as retaliation for something, it's a dick move. Kinda important context there.

Not really. I could do it to get that last BP, or the medals I need. I could do it cause with my Arc I get more out of it than I put in. I could even do it for fun and still have the right to. Bottom line is you don't know why I am doing it.

At least with plundering you get something out of it, i can understand that motivation, it's a style of play that is built into the game. Leveling a GB gets you nothing, you actually lose some FP's, all you get out of it is messing with someone, so yeah, it's a dick move if you're just doing it because you can.

You are wrong here. I can get something out of it. Someone has put 2000 fp in a GB and there are still 2001 to go. What do you do. Take second place with 2000 or take first and level it?

And I don't generally leave my GB's with 1 point to go, actually. I usually leave a buffer of about 50. But still, sometimes someone puts some extra points in for a reward and it bumps it up to a point or so from leveling, or something like that, and you can't really control that. The few times it has happened to me, where a GB had been leveled by someone else, it has been from guildmates who simply didn't understand why what they were doing was a dick move, so sometimes i think it needs to be said that it is.

It only is in your eyes. There is no rule against it, so it is fair play.

DeletedUser96901

Not really, no. Not that I have been plundered in months, because I can do something about that. And of course you left out the part where I said that UNLESS you are doing it as retaliation for something, it's a dick move. Kinda important context there. At least with plundering you get something out of it, i can understand that motivation, it's a style of play that is built into the game. Leveling a GB gets you nothing, you actually lose some FP's, all you get out of it is messing with someone, so yeah, it's a dick move if you're just doing it because you can.

And I don't generally leave my GB's with 1 point to go, actually. I usually leave a buffer of about 50. But still, sometimes someone puts some extra points in for a reward and it bumps it up to a point or so from leveling, or something like that, and you can't really control that. The few times it has happened to me, where a GB had been leveled by someone else, it has been from guildmates who simply didn't understand why what they were doing was a dick move, so sometimes i think it needs to be said that it is.

because your guild mates are too stupid to understand what they are doing you want tot take that away from people who know what they are doing to give a payback to plunderers

so it is only a dick move from your guild mates which makes them dicks (maybe you kick dicks from your guilds)

unlike people who do it on purpose: those are using it as smart move
you hurt them and they give it back. stop plundering them and they stop leveling your GB
(I personally call that move: GB plundering)

At least with plundering you get something out of it, i can understand that motivation, it's a style of play that is built into the game. Leveling a GB gets you nothing
that is a lie
it gives very much (at least to people who do it intentionally)
the satisfaction to hurt a plunderer

and that even has a higher value to the person who did it than the thing the plunderer became from plundering

all you get out of it is messing with someone
if somebody mess with a plunderer who started it ?

a dick move to the dick who dick moved first with plundering :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

so a suggestion to stop it as dick move but keep it as strategy

a warning message (for the dicks the other know what they are doing)
"if you put in the last FP the owner of the GB will lose one collection"
(with the don't again option. at least a few dicks learns from that popup)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This isn't really an issue I worry about. It happens to me a few times a week now, but I can't really say I notice any major loss. If you're powerful enough to have GBs producing loads of FPs a day, then I think you can afford the odd disrupted collection. I'd rather have my GBs levelled for me regularly and lose a few FPs (or whatever), than get nerdy about collections.

If we all just levelled each other's GBs when it suited us, we'd get the benefit of the levelling to counteract the loss from others doing it to us.

DeletedUser100832

Then again, it could just encourage them to come back for more...

DeletedUser96901

Then again, it could just encourage them to come back for more...
great. just what I want

plunderers also come back for more
the next day after successfully plundering a Palace

but you are big and have enough tavern silver
buy a protection ;)
how about 9000 tavern silver for one day: similar to the city shield
like the protection against plunderers (actually against attacking but you can't plunder if you haven't attacked)

Snarko

Private

This I agree with. I leveled someone's GB when I was new. I've had several new players do it to me. No harm intended, the game simply does not explain why that is sometimes a bad idea so how is a new player to know?
A warning allowing you to cancel the donation or donate anyway, with an option to permanently disable the warning. That would help teach newbies why it's often a bad idea without stopping anyone who know what they are doing.

DeletedUser112027

No. Just no. Come on folks. Don’t be ridiculous. Life happens. A n00b in your hood or guild or coffee-clutch rolls your GB over and you can’t double up. Breathe. Stretch. Breathe again and, if it matters that much, which, granted, I’ve lost out before too and it ticked me off for a couple of micro-minutes, help your n00b understand what double dipping is about so that THEY can benefit as well.

Conversation. Interaction. Dealing with stuff. How bout we try that instead?!?

E.

DeletedUser96901

Another reason is that players lose out on the double dip,one of our members has lost over 100 fps by someone leveling his GB in two weeks
then he should stop plundering other :rolleyes:

a way around that would be,if a player is inactive for a month then it is deemed not to be in lockdown and opened up to level
how about 2 days ?

someone who already lost 2 collections doesn't really care about collecting his buildings in time

PERSYVAL

Private
on a different subject ,i would like to know players opinions on "locking" the final forge point so only the owner of that GB can level it up,
the problem with other players leveling up GBS belonging to other players is now fast becoming a blight on our game,
in the last week alone it has occured a number of times at our guild costing precious forge points and goods,
after talking to inno about this they suggested i place my suggestion here and if they get enough players who are also concerned about this they will look at it,
please support this suggestion
It happened to me to complete one's GB by pressing too fast on had one button so wether we loose it or it is only out of sync, Poppagolf solution is simple and solve the problems at once. Locking it is surely feasible and everybody is happy. Cheers!

dimondus

Captain
on a different subject ,i would like to know players opinions on "locking" the final forge point so only the owner of that GB can level it up,
the problem with other players leveling up GBS belonging to other players is now fast becoming a blight on our game,
in the last week alone it has occured a number of times at our guild costing precious forge points and goods,
after talking to inno about this they suggested i place my suggestion here and if they get enough players who are also concerned about this they will look at it,
please support this suggestion
Totally agree, very annoying to lose resources and collection timer. Its even worse when player putting last GB do it intentionally.

dimondus

Captain
Like Agent said there are no rules against it, if a player is in a higher age and is repeatedly plundering you and you can't break their defence then this is a great retaliation.
If defender can't collect production in time its his/her problem. Why to screw people over because of that?

dimondus

Captain
+1 this.
Also, leveling another player's GB on them is a great retaliation when a sniper snatches 1st place from an in-guild GB group. ;)
In guild players usually swapping points so they don't lose anything. If a person from hood want to donate free FPs then I'd say he is welcome to do so.

DeletedUser96901

If defender can't collect production in time its his/her problem. Why to screw people over because of that?
why not ?

you harm him
he harms you

that is how the game works

and if you let one FP open that is your problem
do the last 50 FP for to level up and nobody steals your double collect ;)

so that argument is one of a hypocrite
blame other for not being able to prevent being plundered
but at the same time not being able to prevent people stealing the double collect

very annoying to lose resources
true
very annoying to lose resources because of being plundered

Its even worse when player putting last GB do it intentionally.
plundering is 100% intentionally

so don't plunder and nobody has a reason to intentionally prevent you from double collect your GBs

very annoying to lose ... collection timer.
you don't lose time
you win time

you can collect it earlier
CAN not must. if you want to collect all GB at the same time nobody forces you to collect the finished GB earlier

so STOP BEING A BULLY or people simply bully back

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

People are annoyed because their GBs are being levelled up by players putting forge points into them for them? Er, dunno what to say. I kinda like my GBs being levelled up for me when I'm not looking.

DeletedUser111359

-1 if player does not want to get his GB's uped he/she can disconect it from town hall

Well that shows a complete lack of understanding, of the problem. That doesn't solve anything, since you can't double collect a GB that's not connected, because the timer would stop. The whole reason to postpone levelling it, is so you can right before, and again right after it levels.

People are annoyed because their GBs are being levelled up by players putting forge points into them for them? Er, dunno what to say. I kinda like my GBs being levelled up for me when I'm not looking.

They're annoyed at losing out on collecting twice.

DeletedUser111359

One other possibly solution to the problem, that would at least let you address it within the guild, or by removing inconsiderate friends, would be having the game flag who put in the last FP when a GB levels up.