• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Holding/Storage Area

DeletedUser

-1, the swapping buildings is already to much, your proposal would remove nearly all the challenge of the city building part of the game.

DeletedUser2989

Most of them fall under Do Not Suggest, however the current guide to the ideas forums doesn't specifically have storage spaces on it's Do Not Suggest list (probably due the the swapping buildings feature being added which was similar). I'll check with Tracey as to how this type of idea stands (is it acceptable now as a potential idea or not) and get back to this thread.

Edit: Checked with OVERTYPE and I'm classing this as Do Not Suggest (subject to contradiction in the future like with the swap buildings feature).

DeletedUser102915

not sure how old this thread is but it's similar to what I wanted to suggest. My reasoning wasn't for placement, but, for seasonal or "special buildings/decorations" that can not be rebuilt. For instance, I have a Christmas tree decoration ..... would love to put it up in my city during the season but not so much in Feb - Oct. Same can be said of haunted houses and other season buildings.

DeletedUser2989

Hi KingShark75,

The concept of a holding area for redesigning your city is already an idea that the devs are not going to consider, however I'm uncertain about a special/seasonal storage. It has potential to be abused as a holding area for redesigning but I know some people genuinely want to store their seasonal stuff till that season.

DeletedUser102915

I want to offer support for this idea. I really would like to be bale to store my seasonal or special buildings. I see there will always be a potential for abuse but to curve the abusers ... could a lock be put on buildings placed into a storage type situation? Once a building in placed into the storage it can not be removed from storage for 30 days or something to that effect. This would discourage people from wanting to abuse the storage for rearranging purposes. Also limiting the storage to buildings or decorations that are not readily available for building on a daily basis.
This would encourage players like me to go after more seasonal rewards that are less appealing right now due to lack of need and space. But if I could decorate my city with Winter items in Winter and then remove them in favor of Spring items I would be more inclined to try for more of the seasonal stuff (this could result in players making extra purchases too).
Anyway you look at it, there is a demand for some sort of storage. Things can definitely be done to curve those who would abuse it for simple remodeling.

DeletedUser2989

I'm torn by this idea, I understand the usefulness of storing seasonal buildings (I can't support storing GB's or premium buildings though as they are available all year round) but there is also the fact that you can win it all again when the event comes around again...

Putting a lock on the buildings once placed into the storage is an interesting way to go about making it fair as it wouldn't be "redesigning" if you can't place everything back (in fact not being able to place your seasonal stuff would drop the efficiency of the town). I think the fairest way to make it a seasonal storage space (and not a work around for redesigning a town) would be to put a lock on the buildings stored until that "season" starts (and also prevent restoring them during the event).

That way the only thing it can be used for is to store your seasonal stuff and enable players to dress up their towns with the times.

DeletedUser108657

Would it be possible to provide an area, to the side of the city, to allow a small number of buildings to be temporarily moved to whilst reorganising the city?

For example, I might want to move a GB to a more efficient (in terms of space used) location which is currently occupied by other buildings. It would be helpful to have a location outside the city to temporarily move the obstructing buildings to, so the GB can be relocated there, and subsequently the obstructing builds moved elsewhere. At present this is only possible by either selling buildings, or having an expansion available.

DeletedUser108657

Sorry Overtype, are you a dev? Otherwise why do you find it necessary to reply to each thread to say it won't happen?

As with my replies to your other points, the case you try to make for the devs has no relevance.

DeletedUser108657

I've PM'd you Overtype

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I've gotten confirmation that even "inventory storage" ideas are too similar to the "holding area" idea to be considered. I'll have to mark this and similar ideas as "Do Not Suggest".

DeletedUser109052

I'm gonna throw my opinion in here too.

While Inno say this isn't going to be, it should be.
Currently my city looks awful, its filled with some Christmas stuff and some summer stuff, and just looks odd.

It'd be great if I could Store these event exclusive items (as opposed to deleting them and having to wait a year to try and win them back) and keep my town season specific. I cant condone storing all won items like rewarded standard buildings, but buildings like the pole house, the winter markets and the oasis for example should be storable from a seasonal point of view.

I don't fancy having 10+ items all beach themed over the winter event. Yet I don't want to rid myself of these amazing buildings either!
I plead to Inno to consider event exclusive buildings to be storable.

DeletedUser97166

I'm gonna throw my opinion in here too.

While Inno say this isn't going to be, it should be.
Currently my city looks awful, its filled with some Christmas stuff and some summer stuff, and just looks odd.

It'd be great if I could Store these event exclusive items (as opposed to deleting them and having to wait a year to try and win them back) and keep my town season specific. I cant condone storing all won items like rewarded standard buildings, but buildings like the pole house, the winter markets and the oasis for example should be storable from a seasonal point of view.

I don't fancy having 10+ items all beach themed over the winter event. Yet I don't want to rid myself of these amazing buildings either!
I plead to Inno to consider event exclusive buildings to be storable.
Although I understand where you are coming from with this, it is very unlikely this will ever happen as it is too easily abused.

Part of the game is to find that balance within the limited space your city gives you, being able to store seasonal items so that you have room to build things for quests you normally would not have room to do, getting rewards for this as well, it's just not something that is likely ever to be implemented.

DeletedUser109052

Although I understand where you are coming from with this, it is very unlikely this will ever happen as it is too easily abused.

Part of the game is to find that balance within the limited space your city gives you, being able to store seasonal items so that you have room to build things for quests you normally would not have room to do, getting rewards for this as well, it's just not something that is likely ever to be implemented.

Yeah, which is a shame for people like me who like to horde special buildings XD
My entire eastern side has become a fully fledged beach resort XD

Its very understandable, and not even some form of hefty dismantle fee (relative to player age) would solve the abuse to be honest as event buildings are (lets face it) a step up over regular buildings.

Well, Thanks for your response ^^
I strongly appreciate my post being noticed and your feedback in return X3

I'll keep my hopes up and perhaps think of an alternative to storage ;D

DeletedUser15432

This idea has been suggested in the past, it comes under the heading of "Do Not Propose", also, the idea is not properly formatted

DeletedUser1094

Don't save seasonal stuff... delete/sell it when you don't want it in your city.
You're going to get new and improved seasonal stuff at the next event.
Only two items not to sell, at the moment, is the Graveyard and the Lovetree.

DeletedUser914

Don't save seasonal stuff... delete/sell it when you don't want it in your city.
You're going to get new and improved seasonal stuff at the next event.
Only two items not to sell, at the moment, is the Graveyard and the Lovetree.
You forget the confectionary, that one will also get an improved one.