• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Holding/Storage Area

DeletedUser

hi my idea would be to be able to put a building in the inventory so you can rearrange your city thanks

DeletedUser9070

index.php
What Not To Suggest?

Hello, and welcome to the
index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.

No problem.

DeletedUser

Hey,

Given that Xerk has already provided you with an answer as to why this idea will not be implemented and should not be suggested, I will close this thread. :)

For future reference, please make use of the idea template in order to present your idea(s) in a clear and structured way so that other players will be able to provide you with genuine feedback... and read through the Guide To The Ideas Section thread.

DeletedUser

Any chance of having a small quadrant on the cityscape used as an holding area for buildings whist your shuffling around your best design.Impossible to do when your area is nearly to full.Unless there is something i am missing.

DeletedUser8813

Any chance of having a small quadrant on the cityscape used as an holding area for buildings whist your shuffling around your best design.Impossible to do when your area is nearly to full.Unless there is something i am missing.

athough the answer is no, the solution is simple ,next time you get an expansion use it to hold buildings so you can shuffle your city around

DeletedUser96716

One thing i hate about this game and thats if i have no space i can not re-arrange my city. I would so love it if some thing was put in place to let us move our city about even when we have no space.

Thanks for reading and i hope some one out there at least agrees with me :)

DeletedUser

index.php
What Not To Suggest?

Hello, and welcome to the
index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.

I'm sorry, but it would make it too easy :(

DeletedUser96716

Didnt see that, but how does it make it easy im just going to leave one expansion empty from now on. Yes keep it so you can not rotate but if you are getting bored of your city and would like to re-arrange it you carnt and to be honest its probably going to stop me playing.

DeletedUser3157

It's always best making big re-arranges when you are making some big upgrades in your town. House, supplies, culturals, roads etc. More space you get to open up for a bit, faster it goes. Complete overhaul where you want to like move town hall to opposite side of town and change the direction of all roads will take hours with just a single avalible expansion, so I usually just wait for a big upgrade to do it.

DeletedUser

I like to keep an expansion's worth of decorations that I can sell if I need to clear up space to do some city revamping. Much cheaper than selling the buildings themselves...also much quicker beings decos only take 5 seconds to build as opposed to hours that other buildings can take. :)

DeletedUser3157

I like to keep an expansion's worth of decorations that I can sell if I need to clear up space to do some city revamping. Much cheaper than selling the buildings themselves...also much quicker beings decos only take 5 seconds to build as opposed to hours that other buildings can take. :)

Once you get rich in resources, u can do that with roads. Also no re-build time :P

DeletedUser

I hope nobody uses this as an advice.

DeletedUser3157

Prolly cause keeping around bunch of rather useless decos is wasteful efficency wise and can be annoying for visitors. I think..unless he has smth more to add :P

DeletedUser7719

I always keep an extra expansion or two alone, so I have space to organize whenever I want. Since I don't require polishing, there would be nothing wrong with putting some decos there if I wanted to...

DeletedUser3157

I always keep an extra expansion or two alone, so I have space to organize whenever I want. Since I don't require polishing, there would be nothing wrong with putting some decos there if I wanted to...

Yeah, this is true. In my more casual towns, I'm also sometimes too lazy to start reworking my town right away just because I got few new expansions. And where I don't really ask for polish, I don't care as well if I keep the useless decos around or not. But I would not keep too much empty space or any decos around in my main world :P

DeletedUser

Hm, I didn't realize that having 16 decorations in a large town (lacking only a row and a half of expansions) was just so awful. Notice how I never said I have 16 decos all in one expansion. I specifically stated that I keep an "expansion worth" of decos.

And even if I did have them all in a single expansion...why is that such an awful idea that "no one should take this advice"? Decos aren't that inefficient. A publishing house, for example, takes up 12 spaces and provides 1030 happiness. Factor in the road that passes by, and you may as well assume it take up an entire expansion (except when only one road connects it, but in many cases, it lies along 4 passing roads), so 16 spaces. If I had a full expansion covered in water towers, 16, I have 1008 happiness...a minute difference of 22 happiness.

Cost of publishing house / Build time: 124000 coins and 116000 supplies / 11h 50m
Cost of 16 water towers: 76960 coins and 195040 supplies / 5sec

I don't rely on polishing at all. My town provides 120% on it's own. So the polish value is not a factor for me.

My point here is, don't be so quick to knock an idea just because it isn't your preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There are 2 types of players who buld decos. First type are those players who care about having a town that pleases their eye and they dont care about points, efficiency etc. The second type are noobs :-P Alright, lets not be too strict here, lets call them average players ;-)

Like hint said, towns full of decos are really annoying, not only are they a waste of space for the town owner but they are also a waste of time for the visitor. For this reason I never read even the name of the town with P/M preferences let alone the profile descriptions which can be very long. I always motivate the first thing I see in a town.
This saves me at least a half an hour on my P/M runs. Only 5 secs more P/M a town is already 20 mins of time wasted if you pollish and motivate all your guildies and friends. Add loading times of cities due to bad memory managment of the game done in flash, and you can end up wasting hours an a thing as boring as P/M.
And this is the behavior I incourage in the guild I manage (it's no.1 rank guild on the server I play whose members generate over 300k points daily).
P/M is boring as it is, and I dont want my guildies to waste any additional time and energy because somebody didnt want build their city efficiently. I always tell them, if it's there, if you see it, it should be pollished or motivated. When you P/M it's your time and it's a gift you are making to your guildmate, and it's up to them to make the most of that gift. The towns that are well designed dont need to ask for anything but are lead by the "invisible hand" of the town plan. It is those towns which have 100% of their buildings motivated and pollished every day.

ohcrapitsalex, If you spend all that space on culturals and decos in order to reach 120% happyness, you either have trouble with your P/M count or you just dont care about having a max efficient town.
To prove your point in your example you used the least efficent cultural building of progressive era and you didnt factor in the extra happyness from roads. With calculations done correctly, you'd end up with 162 more happyiness opting out for pubblishing house, which sucks as a cultural building compared to other two PE builds. The efficiency goes way up if you take into account best cultural buildings, and it's not even worth comparing if you consider pollishes in your strategy. A simple look at happyness per square stats should be enough to see this without even making any fancy calculations.
Anyway, I wont bother you with calcs, I'll just repeat my statement that I hope nobody follows your advice :-P

DeletedUser

Sorry to be blunt, but you're wrong. You clearly didn't read my last post, which is full of numbers and hard proof that you're wrong. My town is quite efficient, and my score and the short amount of time i've earned it also proves otherwise.