• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Holding/Storage Area

DeletedUser7719

I also believe that special event items should also be able to be stored. To prevent the "holding area" situation, maybe once you put the item in there, it has to stay there for at least a month since they are seasonal, it shouldn't be too much of a problem not being able to see them for that time (though straw huts may loose their value within that time :p). (This also could apply to premium buildings as well unless they finally decide to refund 1/4 of diamonds for selling them)

DeletedUser15432

This is not a good idea as it would make the game easier, and is specifically not allowed in the sticky threads and has been suggested numerous times before as well, please read the rules and associated information contained in the sticky threads at the start of the ideas section

Please also use the correct ideas format also found in the sticky threads at the start of the ideas
section

This idea was last suggested less than 2 ago

DeletedUser101319

Proposal:
Is it at all possible to have an inventory for our buildings when moving our cities around for new age buildings etc.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yes and didn't see anything.

Reason:
We are all forced to change our cities as we progress through the game. Quite often we are forced to sell buildings we may still want, just to change things around for new buildings that become available to us. Having an inventory to place them in and get them back from would help tremendously given costs in coin and supplies for the new buildings we want anyway, coupled with the cost of having to replace buildings.

Details:
Anything placed and retrieved should reset i.e. houses that may have been close to paying rent, reset to their original generation times. Military buildings lose units and have to be rebuilt again.

Visual Aids:
An extra option when in the build menu to place in inventory is all that would be needed here.....I think!?

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't see how it would be open to abuse by players at all. I could of course be missing something given I am not a player that abuses the games I play.

DeletedUser1081

This is one of the ideas that's been declared "not gonna happen" every time it's proposed, since municipal planning is the central challenge of the game. I'm pretty sure you'll find it listed in one of the Ideas Section sticky threads as something not worth proposing.

DeletedUser101319

Sorry I must have missed it, I did have a look but nothing jumped out at me on this.
If that is the case fair enough but I think it is a little unfair as a general concept of the game. Many games of this ilk do have a similar function and it works well.

DeletedUser4089

index.php
What Not To Suggest?

Hello, and welcome to the
index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.
So yeah, don't hold your breath.

Edit: Stop beating me to posting when I first wake up >.>

DeletedUser15432

However, an invaluable tool for rearranging the city is the forgestats city planner, if you use this before actually rebuilding it does help

DeletedUser100423

I think the game needs a storage unit - at times we spend a lot of resources and time to build something - when we need to shuffle our city around sometimes we have to delete a building to move things around then rebuild it - wouldn't be to bad if you got what you paid for it or even a big portion of what you paid for it - but we don't - so this option is so costly - I propose a storage unit that we can store a limited number of buildings or even 1 building - whether it be a storage that can stay there indefinately until you want to use it or even if it had a time limit - this would help players greatly - purchasing with coins and supplies or medals or even diamonds - I know I would pay for this option.
Lady Muck UK

DeletedUser

index.php
What Not To Suggest?

index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.
Soo, er.. yeah.

Part of the point of the game is the intelligent, forward thinking design of your city layout.

DeletedUser

Yes this is true, it is unlikely this would be implemented as i would make the game very easy, and the rearranging etc is all part of the challenge! Kim.

DeletedUser

index.php
What Not To Suggest?

index.php

Rearranging buildings is already pretty easy as long as you give it some thought and plan ahead with space. Also you can temporarily get rid of a building by selling it and then buying it again; this just means the move costs you something. In another similar game, there was a cost to moving any building to a new position, which balanced out against the ability to rotate the buildings. There was no 'holding area' either - you had to either move or sell the building, and plan space accordingly.

I think if you had to pay for each move, it might cost you more than the current set up.

DeletedUser96867

One tip i can suggest trying is leaving a dozen or so trails as basic trails. Any time you go to move buildings around you can sell the trails at no cost. With a little effort this often frees up to move most of the smaller buildings. Moving some the TH and some of the larger GB's is very difficult without selling something or doing when you have a new expansion. Plan ahead and it usually isn't too bad.

DeletedUser

Just try not to get trails stuck behind large buildings - it can be very difficult to work out where to click to move the trail.

DeletedUser98163

Proposal:

I'm suggesting having say a 10x10 grid to the side of the map and then maybe an "edit city" mode where everything is stalled. Then a player can move buildings into / out of this this area temporarily whilst re-arranging his/her city. I suggest 10x10 so that even the biggest buildings can be moved e.g. Alcatraz is 10x7.

I haven't seen this suggested anywhere when I looked.

Reason:

I think everyone has found themselves in the situation where say for example they need to accommodate say a longer / wider building and although they have the physical space in terms of tiles they need to re-arrange. I just think it's unfair to have to sell buildings to create space to do this. What got me thinking about this is I have to got to Progressive era and need two-lane streets. All my guild mates said this is a complete nightmare and you have to re-configure your whole city. But this would make it no problem. Just shift things in and out of the grid as necessary.

Also we all have times where we have nothing to do. Nobody to fight, nothing to polish/motivate etc and this would give people something to do. Have a city shift around, try new arrangements, or maybe just even make it look nice :)

Details:

Literally just have a temp grid that when enabled could be used. You then can't disable it and carry on the game until the grid is clear. Then the game resumes as normal.

Visual Aids:

None needed

Balance:

I don't think this will affect any other game mechanics that I can think of. After all you are just purely moving things.

Abuse Prevention:

This doesn't help people cheat as the thing you are moving around you have acquired normally / paid for throughout the game. Also this grid can't be used to place something in "for now" as the game doesn't resume until it's clear. Nothing can be left in this grid as that could lead to various ways to cheat.

Summary:

I think this adds both something new to do in the game when you are presently out of options and also allows players to maximise the efficiency of their city without having to sell things to create space. Another benefit is at the moment I have a space planned for a 5x5 Asbestos plant. But I've not researched it yet. This way I could just put something there for now and shuffle things around later without having to delete whatever I have built.

DeletedUser1081

If you look in the "Ideas Do Not Suggest" sticky, you'll find this notice:
index.php
What Not To Suggest?

index.php

DeletedUser9168

The rearranging of your city is a strategic element of the game - and is meant to be a challenge. That's why this idea is on the 'Do not suggest' list.
Hence i will close this thread

DeletedUser

Proposal:

For a fee of diamonds, allow players to place all buildings into their inventory to allow for a total rebuild of the city.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Checked, can't find anything

Reason:

It's something that i have heard people talk about wanting to do, but its so time consuming and costly to fully rebuild - also it will make FoE some more diamond revenue.

Details:

To be able to have a button somewhere which will take all buildings and place them in the players inventory ready to place again at his/her leisure. Pretty simple idea? I think that roads should be left as they can be moved easily when there are no buildings in place, but then you can rebuild your city totally from the ground up.

Visual Aids:

Not necessary?

Balance:

n/a

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:

I looked for similar ideas but as people use such a variety of languages and phrases i couldn't see anything similar.