• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Holding/Storage Area

Surge

Brigadier-General
index.php
What Not To Suggest?

Hello, and welcome to the
index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.
Idea has been suggested at least a bimitribajizillion times. No. It makes the game easier and takes away another challenge.

DeletedUser1081

True, but the point here (at least for me!) is the irreplaceable buildings from special events. But if being able to store them isn't on, how about making them replaceable? After I've won one, if I eliminate it (by accident or necessity) it should reappear in my inventory as something I have the option to construct (even if I have to pay to do so after the first time). Once I've won a special-event item, my right to it should survive municipal rearrangements, seasonal fluctuations and natural disasters.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I still see little reason to add a holding area. So what? I am going to COMPLETELY remodel my city in a bit over half a month and it will include the two wheelwrights I have won during the summer wheel. I am just going to leave 2 workers' houses to support the population demand, delete everything else, and then replace all the other things. Then, after I build the new residences, I will just replace the placeholding workers' houses. Problem solved. It's not that hard.

DeletedUser1081

Surge, thanks for your input. I'm not here to argue with you and I already grasp that you don't see the need for the suggestion. I'm suggesting it anyway: The currently irreplaceable buildings should not be irreplaceable. Once we've won them, we should have the right to rebuild them if they get eliminated for whatever reason.

DeletedUser

Surge, thanks for your input. I'm not here to argue with you and I already grasp that you don't see the need for the suggestion. I'm suggesting it anyway: The currently irreplaceable buildings should not be irreplaceable. Once we've won them, we should have the right to rebuild them if they get eliminated for whatever reason.

That's really what my point primarily was as well. Also the ability to update special buildings to your current era, because inevitably I will delete a building as I progress unless I can accommodate it to my current age

DeletedUser1081

That's really what my point primarily was as well. Also the ability to update special buildings to your current era, because inevitably I will delete a building as I progress unless I can accommodate it to my current age

Dcaf, in that case you should edit your original post to follow the required format (check out the sticky threads at the top of the Ideas section to find the format they want you to use) and to eliminate the bit about storage for premium buildings, which isn't going to happen.

DeletedUser

I would LOVE the possibility to see my won buildings go back to inventory when i delete them.
If only for sentimental reasons !
And winning a building is much more then a tech tree evolved one :D
So yes, i find it just a wast that won buildings not return to inventory.

DeletedUser

I think they need storage, but the reason I would really appreciate it is because I find it really awkward to move buildings etc around my city. With a storage system, you could put your houses, production buildings and everything else in to storage, making it easier to move stuff around by giving you the space to do so. This frustrates me mainly because if you sell something to move it then you don't get what you paid for it back (which isn't a complaint, I agree with this) and so, personally, makes me not want to sell my things just to buy them back again when I'm ready.

DeletedUser9168

the reason I would really appreciate it is because I find it really awkward to move buildings etc around my city. With a storage system, you could put your houses, production buildings and everything else in to storage, making it easier to move stuff around by giving you the space to do so.

that's exactly why there is no storage system - it would make rearranging your city so much easier! Playing Tetris with your buildings is a great challenge! lol

DeletedUser

Hmm Jampots beat me to it... a storage (or "holding area") for buildings while you are rearranging your village is not going to happen.

Back on topic though, I myself would like it very much if holiday items went back into your inventory if you deleted them - after all, you've worked "hard" to get them for a special event and it would be nice if you could show off such a thing every now and then ;)

That said, as it's possible to get them on a several occasions (well, so far anyway), I hope that that will still happen in the future!

DeletedUser

hi hope you get this was thinking it would make the game more fun if you could move items from your citys to a storage area so you can make room for gb etc as im having trouble moving items into space to make room for other things i got along the way

DeletedUser276

There will be a storage but not for what you think. Having limited space to move buildings around are actually a part of the strategy required for game play :)

DeletedUser

ok i understand that but the plots of land you can get dont really help when you can poss only put 4 maybe 5 things on it or one big building sorry to be a moaner its just a thought thats all lol but thanks for your reply

Surge

Brigadier-General
index.php
What Not To Suggest?

Hello, and welcome to the
index.php
section. In this forum you can find suggested ideas that will not be forwarded, for one or more of the reasons listed below.

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).
  • Holding areas or storing of buildings (it is an intended challenge to work with the space you have).
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).

Note: These are things that InnoGames is not looking for currently, they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds but they don't want any more of such things suggested to them.

Please also check the Index of Ideas before you post (please do not suggest any of these ideas again), if you find one that matches your idea please add your support to it instead.
Well, there you go. You should read what ideas will not be implemented and what ideas were already suggested.

DeletedUser

this was a reply from a guild member just giving input :)
Okay I'll give Remorce that. However, I'd love to be able to keep some of the limited time/mission win only decorations but not have to have them all out all the time. Like the Christmas Tree. I love it. But not all year round :( I'd love to be able to store it to use for next year and that has nothing to do with strategy. Feel free to quote me back to him lol :) Maybe they can come up with a way to be able to store only certain items like that :)

DeletedUser

Ah yes that would be nice to store just special event items maybe hmmm... kim

DeletedUser

yes it would be nice then you can take all or some of them special items out that you dont need and replace with maybe goods or miltary placements if you have the space of course :)

DeletedUser97579

Ah yes that would be nice to store just special event items maybe hmmm... kim
Would certainly +1 this.
I don't mind paying the "price" of having to sell and rebuild if I want to re-arrange the city because I messed up the design, but when the cost is "never getting this building back" (ok, until the next event) then it's a little steep.

DeletedUser

And, if its for special items then it would be easiest just let us move item back to inventory.