• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Yuri Gagarin

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser2989

2. how many quest will this event have?

On Beta there was 11 quests (not including the 1 to complete all quests) and I don't think the number will change. Might be some slight changes in the quests themselves but not much I'd say.

DeletedUser6065

Yes. Quests related to the map should be 'Acquire Sector' with mode left up to the gamer. This is getting old sending goods down the crapper for the rewards earned.

. . . mk

Vesiger

Monarch
I see the update for this event has added the infamous 'trumpet' to the inbox in the mobile app - given the size of the display, this means that there is now room for only two visible messages in the inbox.
I don't object to a permanently pinned guild thread, since this is where most of my messages come in anyway, but reducing the remainder of the inbox to a letterbox slit in the centre of the screen doesn't leave a lot of room.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
The only good thing about the Easter Quest was you had 2 options per quest, make that mandatory for small events like this...especially when we have to conquer sectors and/or afterwards explore a sector, utter rubish.

DeletedUser109157

**Gets big box of popcorn, takes a comfy seat and waits for the outrage when people don't receive the free random prizes they think they should get**

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104833

I really like how the game is used to actually educate in a small way. Do take care that it doesn't get to a point where there's basically ALWAYS some Event going though. Or...to be more accurate- that extra busywork isn't introduced. Collecting coin/supplies or burning said resources on buildings (for quests) is fairly trivial but trading can actually be bothersome if it's on a schedule.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yes...even if the event emphasis remains on Yuri as the first person in space, they could have portraits for both genders. Then again, no one suggested a Rosa Parks portrait when the MLK event was happening.

Why do we need for both genders? This story was focused on the first "person" in space, it just happened to be a man. who cares who came after the first :P Besides, I already knew about the guy, but not this other random first who cares female in space xD Like that actually means something.

I see the update for this event has added the infamous 'trumpet' to the inbox in the mobile app - given the size of the display, this means that there is now room for only two visible messages in the inbox.
I don't object to a permanently pinned guild thread, since this is where most of my messages come in anyway, but reducing the remainder of the inbox to a letterbox slit in the centre of the screen doesn't leave a lot of room.

That goes away once you tap it. Well mine does.

Great quest btw, finished almost already.

It's good that this one we didn't have to wait forever to do later quests, I like that we can complete it in one day

Just wish you could complete it without the need of forced research and stuff, Easter was good with that by providing alternate routes

DeletedUser3707

No problems with the quest for me.

Thumbs up for showing some Gagarin love.

DeletedUser5180

what I found interesting was that if Gagarin had been a tall dude he'd never have been the first man in space :P

DeletedUser107196

Why do we need for both genders? This story was focused on the first "person" in space, it just happened to be a man. who cares who came after the first :P Besides, I already knew about the guy, but not this other random first who cares female in space xD Like that actually means something.

B/c women players might like to have a woman Cosmonaut portrait instead of a man Cosmonaut portrait. It is also interesting that the first woman Cosmonaut came only a few years after the first man in space, while for the US Space program it took decades.

On another issue, I was disappointed to see that 'CCCP' was removed from Yuri's helmet.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
what I found interesting was that if Gagarin had been a tall dude he'd never have been the first man in space :P

Dem short people getting all the fun :P

B/c women players might like to have a woman Cosmonaut portrait instead of a man Cosmonaut portrait. It is also interesting that the first woman Cosmonaut came only a few years after the first man in space, while for the US Space program it took decades.

If the first "person" in space was a woman, then we'd all be getting a woman portrait and have males complaining about where's the first man in space. There's no need to complain here about the fact that it's a man we have gotten. Again, this was about the first person in space that many people may not even know existed, or not have known much about him at all.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Maybe then all the females were taller then men, they have actually gotten shorter with time? :D

Though my best guess is their chest may have been too large due to the frontal thing they have on their chests may not have fit in the space allowed xD

DeletedUser107196

If the first "person" in space was a woman, then we'd all be getting a woman portrait and have males complaining about where's the first man in space. There's no need to complain here about the fact that it's a man we have gotten. Again, this was about the first person in space that many people may not even know existed, or not have known much about him at all.

No need to complain, its a game, and it really isn't that much work for them to release a male/female avatar for these Timeline Quests. This isn't about the battle of the sexes. It is about how simple it is to supply a male/female avatar for these Timeline quests, so that our Male/Female players can have a themed avatar that matches their sex.

Vesiger

Monarch
The interesting thing is the very large number of Cleopatras and vanishingly small number of Caesar and Mark Antony avatars that appeared in my neighbourhood at the end of the Valentine's event: it's as if none of the men were interested in an avatar at all :P
(And yes, they were pretty much all people who'd been using a female avatar before...)

DeletedUser97688

I only like two avatars: General Celeas and the one with curly brown hair and pointy nose that appeared recently.

DeletedUser12400

I'm pretty happy - 320 diamonds, 14 portraits and towers.

50.png