• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Yuri Gagarin

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Please find the full announcement about our Historical Questline for Yuri Gagarin HERE

DeletedUser106685

Hurrah! Finally an event that's not focused on the U.S of A.
I had my doubts when I saw that rocket on the login screen, but you came through Inno, respect.

I know it's borderline trolling, but I can't help myself.
If you're running historical events, please try to do more with the countries that actually *have* a history.

DeletedUser109019

I raise my cosmopolitan to the cosmonaut and say "bring it on".

DeletedUser15432

Yet another quest, that I will probably not complete on every world, but I do hope that I get some more diamonds

DeletedUser109032

Not a bad event, at least they seem to have put half decent rewards in, although it depends on what the statue is actually like.

DeletedUser97688

Not a bad event, at least they seem to have put half decent rewards in, although it depends on what the statue is actually like.

Just have a look in the building menu, or in one of the guides in the forum for decorations. It's already available, in PME, like the Globe Statue for the Columbus event.

DeletedUser109032

Thanks rowan, Didn't know it was a normal decoration, thought it was a special.

DeletedUser107196

I really like this event and that Yuri is being acknowledged, but I think that by only offering a portrait of Yuri, our fellow women players are left out. Too bad a portrait of the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova, USSR, was not also offered. Is it too late? Surely a simply portrait could be produced before event ends.

DeletedUser4727

I really like this event and that Yuri is being acknowledged, but I think that by only offering a portrait of Yuri, our fellow women players are left out. Too bad a portrait of the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova, USSR, was not also offered. Is it too late? Surely a simply portrait could be produced before event ends.
Thanks for your question. Yes, it would be nice to have a second female portrait, I agree. I'll pass it on. I doubt anything will be implemented for this questline now, but I'll make sure its clear we'd like more for future portraits.

DeletedUser97688

Yes...even if the event emphasis remains on Yuri as the first person in space, they could have portraits for both genders. Then again, no one suggested a Rosa Parks portrait when the MLK event was happening.

DeletedUser108410

i got two things

latest

2. how many quest will this event have?

DeletedUser106696

I have played the Gagarin event on Beta and I wasn't impressed at all: For my taste this is far too much geared to wards new players: I'd have to spend 200 PME and CE goods to get a statue for "free" that I can easily buy for approx 36,000 coins & supplies each ...
For players in or below the middle ages the astronaut statue is truly awesome, but after Easter this is the second event I won't complete because the rewards bear no relation to the costs involved.
If we have to acquire sectors, then Inno should at least give us the choice to do it fighting. I'm getting quite weary of one quest line after the other asking us to throw vast quantities of goods down the drain. I'd do that (grudgingly) for a reno kit or a SoK, but not for a standard dec.