• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Thread starter DeletedUser98639
  • Start date

DeletedUser100832

so gvg is worse than ever. Half the people couldn't get into the game at timer. Some totally new error appeared that says your video memory is exceeded.

DeletedUser108518

:lol:

I guess it'll be in the next couple of hours, it's 10am uk time and so usually an event starts about 10-12 am :lol:

Thanks.
It finally started about 10pm on Tuesday the 12th January.
What is wrong with it starting at 10am Tuesday the 12th January wherever you are in the world. Using the different world clocks!

Reflexie

DeletedUser653

RE AUTO COMPLETE QUESTS

they introduced this during the last Halloween quest in beta and never said a thing, I missed out of huge graveyard as used to clicking cross in corner to refuse acceptance quest without accepting or rejecting. Took 2 weeks of discussion before we proved the new functionality by screen shooting it in EN1, not a single mod was aware of the change and they dismissed my complaints of uncontrolled changes which were not on the beta log as the rantings of a madman (they may have been) but I proved the change when the event came to the production servers but at they time you can guess what they said to me :(
Quest should remain on screen and only auto complete after you accept the quest.

Yet another example of programming changes which we did not want, request or need and makes the game worse.

INNO customer service -1
INNO prioritization of major issues to be corrected -1
INNO ability to spend resources developing changes no one wants +1

INNO final score -1

DeletedUser105078

Could someone in the know please clarify the end date of the MLK event?

The announcement says "If you manage to complete all 11 quests on time (19th of January)", the loading screen says it "try to finish the Martin Luther King Day quests by January 16", and the hint (question mark) in the quest itself says "Finish all quests in the Martin Luther King, Jr. questline by January 18".

And btw, I would like to thank the developers for the event, whether it has a few bugs or not it's a wonderful thing to commemorate a wonderful man, and from the game point of view it's a fun addition for those who want to do it, and those who don't want to participate don't have to.

DeletedUser12400

The event is till 19th January. They made mistake in widgets.

J6.png

hint.png

If you manage to complete all 11 quests on time (19th of January), you will get a unique portrait of Mr. King.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11899

And btw, I would like to thank the developers for the event, whether it has a few bugs or not it's a wonderful thing to commemorate a wonderful man, and from the game point of view it's a fun addition for those who want to do it, and those who don't want to participate don't have to.

..like me ;)

I'm not against this event at all but spending 100+ goods for negotiating (in my case as a fighter who never negotiate but fight) and getting 5 back as reward or a small coin package isnt very fruitful for me, I think :P

DeletedUser7719

Could someone in the know please clarify the end date of the MLK event?
A countdown to the correct ending can be found if you go to the question mark next to the close button on the quest window, and look at the bottom:
J4Gua7F.png

MbJONAD.png

*Time in this image is very close to the time remaining from the time of this post.

DeletedUser5180

i always enjoy extra events and never complain but as i was unable to follow the story (which is after all the whole reason for the event) due to auto completing quests and the fact that the event release has made gvg almost unplayable and simple things like collecting / setting productions / looping quests have serious lag has made this event rather disappointing..... i hope inno get these things sorted out BEFORE the Valentines event

DeletedUser

Yeah I don't get it. Why even write up a story line for the quests if people can't even read it?

DeletedUser

The MLK event is going to be impossible to complete for me unless i buy diamonds to speed things up. Still only on quest number 5. only had 1 sector left to infiltrate before having to scout another sector which took 18 hrs to do so i could do the 2nd infiltration. Then had to spend 29 forge points that took 29 hrs to do. Now have to scout another sector which means taking all the sectors where i am which i cant beat as its a higher age than im in and my troops cant even knock 1 point off the enemy let alone kill them. as most of my troops r still early middle ages. and the troops i have to try and beat r late middle ages. So had to negotiate which meant trading for the goods i needed which took ages. Now have to wait another 18 hrs to scout the next sector.
Dont even know when the event ends as its showing 3 diff end times. But even if its the longest end time no way to do it in time. Think their might be a bug in the game as im struggling to kill iron age light inf with high middle age heavy inf and catapaults. Used to be able to take them out with 2 shots from the cat before the MLK event started. Now its taking 8 shots. Enemy iron age units r taking out my troops in 1 hit even with zues at lvl 5. The late middle age troops im forced to try and beat due to MLK i cant even knock 1 point off with 5 shots from a treb before its taken out in 1 hit from late middle age light troops after they take out my shield of troops around them again in 1 or 2 hits.

Vesiger

Monarch
The MLK event is going to be impossible to complete for me unless i buy diamonds to speed things up. Still only on quest number 5. only had 1 sector left to infiltrate before having to scout another sector which took 18 hrs to do so i could do the 2nd infiltration. Then had to spend 29 forge points that took 29 hrs to do. Now have to scout another sector which means taking all the sectors where i am which i cant beat as its a higher age than im in and my troops cant even knock 1 point off the enemy let alone kill them. as most of my troops r still early middle ages. and the troops i have to try and beat r late middle ages. So had to negotiate which meant trading for the goods i needed which took ages. Now have to wait another 18 hrs to scout the next sector.
Pretty much the same here - the quests are set in such a way that they take an average of about 24 hours.
One of the junior members of our guild completed the whole thing yesterday; one of the senior members had to do 60 hours of research just to achieve one quest. Definitely harder time limits the more advanced you were to start off with!

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm sorry to hear that guys. I completed the questline as well yesterday in all 14 worlds.
Still waiting another two hours for yesterday's scout mission on quest 5 to finish...
Never mind, I wasn't wildly enthusiastic about the quest reward in the first place ;-)

DeletedUser12400

In case anyone missed the story line here it is:

Civil Rights
Beloved Audience! Listen to the full story about Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. 1/11
This is the story of Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a great humanist and an activist who was a strong advocate of nonviolence. He fought for civil rights and managed to change the world into a btter place.

January 15, 1929 2/11
Martin Luther King Junior was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia, in the USA. He grew up in a country where African-Americans did not have the same rights as white Americans. It was a time of racial segregation, a time of repression.

Montgomery Bus Boycott 3/11
In buses, black Americans had to give seats to white Americans. In 1955, Rosa Parks refused to and become the symbol for the Montgomery Bus Boycott, spearheaded by King. After a 835-day boycott, the courts lifted the segregation in buses. Victory!

More Civil Rights Protests 4/11
King had become famous from his role in Montgomery Bus Boycott. But that was the beginning. In the following years, he become one of the main activists fighting against segregation all over the country, particularly in the South.

Days in Prison 5/11
His role in the civil rights movement got King into trouble with the law multiple times. He never gave in and accepted all punishments dealt to him. During his life he was thrown into prison a total of 29 times!

March on Washington 6/11
King, along with leaders of other civil rights organizations, organized the March on Washington D.C. in 1963. The March was a resounding success. More than a quarter of a million people of diverse ethnicities attended the event.

I Have a Dream 7/11
It was there, in Washington D.C., That King delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech, one of the finest in the history of American oratory. The March and, in particular, King's speech, facilitated passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Nobel Peace Prize 8/11
For fighting against racial inequality through nonviolent means. King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. It was not the last award for this great man.

Against poverty and War 9/11
King did not stop combating racial segregation and inequality. He started campaigns against poverty and spoke against the Vietnam War.

Poor People's Campaign 10/11
In 1968, King was planning a national occupation of Washington, D.C. The Poor People's Campaign was an effort to gain economic justice.

Tragedy on the Balcony 11/11
While preparing for the Poor People's Campaign in Memphis, Tennessee, King was shot on the balcony of his motel room. He died at the age of 39, but his legacy and achievments live on. He truly made the world a better place.

The End
This concludes the story of Martin Luther King, Junior. Thank you for paying attention!

Last edited by a moderator: