• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Thread starter DeletedUser98639
  • Start date

DeletedUser107476

I have a dream that one day all playing styles are created equal
I have a dream that one day the new ranking won't be a fighter only ranking

I have a dream that my four little children will one day play a version of FoE where they will not be ranked by fighting and goods donation only but by all activity in the game
Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, i read the announcement then after reading the post regarding a King building i went and re-read it incase i missed something, hence asking that question...... i think the announcement would definately say if such a rewward was included as this would be of more interest to players than a portrait:P
Really they should upgrade the speakers corner for completing the quest as his I have a dream was one of the most awe inspiring speeches ever given. I get that the attack bonus would be a mistake but he was into teaching the world to live together so larger version gives an fp to further the learning process.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

What do you mean by that?
Similar to confectionary and graveyard, larger size and more on offer.
Martin Luther King is famous for his speeches so this would be a relevant reward.
Rather than just a portrait.

DeletedUser12400

How can i use this portrait?
When clicking on the Town Hall three tabs are on that screen, News, Profile and Goods. Click on Profile and you can change your portrait.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

>> If you manage to complete all 11 quests on time (19th of January), you will get a unique portrait of Mr. King.

Well unique in that only 250,000 other players world wide will have it too!
Its a tiny event, you can do it an about 2 or 3 days and yes i agree with other posters we can avoid these events if it means getting bugs fixed :(

DeletedUser106685

The King is a nice reward, lower age players will also be happy with the PME peace statue decoration.
Both are very fitting rewards for this event. ("King" - get it?)
It's not one-quest-a-day, you can click them all off in 15 minutes if you plan it right.
So an easy event, nice rewards... I like :)

DeletedUser13468

Indeed, please fix all the lingering bug issues quickly, especially the existing disconnection in the global chat channel.

P.S.: I am taking another leap of faith to post my comment in FoE public forum after a long time in the disappointment of my previous posts from the FoE forum few yrs ago.

DeletedUser98693

Thank you for showing such respect to Martin Luther King. Another quest so soon after the winter event is brilliant. Forget the sarcastic comments, personally I'm really looking forward to this and appreciate the efforts that have gone into this. Thank you :D

DeletedUser98891

Why not have an Angela Merkel event?, you must butcher your own guild, anything left over must be given to new players. :lol:

DeletedUser108179

The idea of the event itself is excellent and MLK deserves to be honoured for his extraordinary contributions to mankind throughout his life, even giving it for it. This is in huge contrast to the more than shabby prize of providing a mere portrait.
Even adding a few 'King' statues among the 'random' prizes is actually a mockery of it all.

DeletedUser106685

Since apparently Americans feel kind of stepped on their toes when effort is put in this game to honor an American hero, let's just not do that anymore.
I suggest sticking to honoring true American traditions, celebrating meaningful heroes like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and a pumpkin.

DeletedUser5180

Since apparently Americans feel kind of stepped on their toes when effort is put in this game to honor an American hero, let's just not do that anymore.
I suggest sticking to honoring true American traditions, celebrating meaningful heroes like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and a pumpkin.
then
Is Santa Claus not a Laplandic Hero.? :lol: Also i think if any building had been offered as a quest reward then a city defense boost to reflect his peaceful approach to life would have been the most fitting

DeletedUser108777

I think an event honouring such a great hero is wonderful. And I'm not American. Well done games designers! :)

DeletedUser108733

Nice idea to have such an event.
Just a small point. In the event description, it refers to a portrait of "Mr King". King received a PhD in 1955, sdo the correct title to use for him is "Dr King".
Also, is there scope for suggesting other special future events? what would be the most appropriate way to do that?

DeletedUser106685

I think an event honouring such a great hero is wonderful. And I'm not American. Well done games designers! :)

And the people that take the time to read the quest descriptions, might actually learn something. I like these events very much, so I hope they keep coming. There must be plenty of ideas to choose from. I'm curious what will be next.

And Ronald McDonald.

Well played, sir :D

DeletedUser97688

Well played, sir :D

Thanks ;)

There are a few stock events, like winter, Halloween, summer, Easter, and Valentines Day. There was also the birthday, but they only did that once (?) and it was before I began playing, so they might bring that back. And also the others, like the Memorial, World Cup, etc. They did a Da Vinci thing I think a long while back, but again that was before my time...