• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2023 Feedback Thread

I find this event to be overly excessive... It's just too much hassle; you can't quickly do the event and be done. I also don't think I'll be spending any diamonds on it. Inno is ruining their own game.

I don't play on the beta server, but I still assume there have been complaints there too? However, knowing Inno, they probably won't do anything with player feedback and will just do as they please

I do think the main prize is good, but it's a shame it has to be this way.

---
Are there people who actually enjoy it? Because on the Dutch server, we do nothing but complain... (but that's what the Dutch are known for).

Le Blues

Private
Is there any way that players can have a choice to bypass this "fun event"? I'm already sick of this evil appearing on my screen every day, I can't stomach it for a whole month.

VESS

Private
I think even George Romero or Clive Barker would just look at the top left corner of the card where it tells you what it is.
ahah yes thank you, you know in all honesty i never saw those symbols before now, or i did and just thought it was part of the card graphics design and meant nothing.
Anyway me, George and Clive would still prefer to wave a candle about in the fog.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I usually enjoy events and participate fully. This one? The first in 9 years that I might just skip. I don’t enjoy the card game at all. It is not fun, it is tedious and a bit confusing, I kind of get how to play it, but meh, what a bothersome hassle! Please, please, please do not bring this game back for round two on another event! Just as well I don’t need the building.

Malynn

Corporal
I must admit, I was not really a fan of the previous Halloween event mini game where we were uncovering hidden artefacts but it was better than this new mini game. And the previous halloween mini game had that spooky laughter which was kinda fun. As for this new mini game, I absolutely hate it. It’s tedious and over complicated. And it seems to take ages to play a deck of cards. This has got to be the worst mini game so far.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
, it is tedious and a bit confusing, I kind of get how to play it, but meh, what a bothersome hassle!

The problem is they're trying to fit other full games into a mini game, The difference is the games they're trying to create would usually have a full tutorial that helped you progress at a standard pace and here's it's a 30 second rush job because its only been classed as a mini game and they're not thinking about the process and how players need to understand all the mechanics. It's almost like it's created and no futher thought is put into it because the person who created it knows how to play it so everyone should.

The amount of time it takes to play might be what you use for a standard app puzzle game but condensed down into another game where you already have everything required to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

The more I look at this event now, the more I start to get the feeling that the devs are overegging the cake. Super duper new mechanics (yes it’s fun, yes It’s time consuming but does require strategic thinking and that is great), super duper new graphics (it does look good), but, it’s another event with I don’t know how many extra levels of something achieved by frags, and spin off buildings achieved by more frags, it just seems to go on and on. I usually would have a pretty good idea where I would fit in a new event building, what its stats and productions were and what that could produce in my city. Now I have so many of various kinds, I literally have no idea where this one would go, fully upgraded or not. Yes, there are things I could replace. Yes, there are things that are suboptimal considering how the game is developing. But no, I don’t really care. I am very much on the fence as to whether I even get the event pass for this one. That is reverting back to how I used to play until this summer. Making every event better than not necessarily just one before but maybe just two before gives selection fatigue. Is the target group only someone new or someone who missed last year’s similar event?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this event to be overly excessive... It's just too much hassle; you can't quickly do the event and be done. I also don't think I'll be spending any diamonds on it. Inno is ruining their own game.

I don't play on the beta server, but I still assume there have been complaints there too? However, knowing Inno, they probably won't do anything with player feedback and will just do as they please

I do think the main prize is good, but it's a shame it has to be this way.

---
Are there people who actually enjoy it? Because on the Dutch server, we do nothing but complain... (but that's what the Dutch are known for).
I must agree, it does not feel like the previous events I got to play, although I'm kinda new and have only played 3 so far. This is confusing for me - I play the same card as the opponent but I loose 7 points and the opponent 2? I play what looks like a good card that has 3-4 attack +3 against the particular opponent card against their 1-3 and +1 against a different kind of card and I loose 4 and the opponent 2, then when the cards are the other way around I would expect the same result th eother way, but no, then I loos 3 points and the opponent 2 - It just doesn't make sense - don't think I'll be wasting time on it further

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I like the new event mechanics, and as usual the graphics team is great, but it's really busting the brain cells of most of my guild. A lot of people maybe never played D&D or Magic the Gathering and don't understand damage ranges, races/factions, specials, hit points, and so on. Someone really nerded out on this: Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock, any one?

I tried to simplify an explanation for my guild and I ended up with 6 bullet points and it scrolled past the message limit for what can be shown on the screen. Videos explaining the Halloween card game are 20-40 minutes long.

My main complaint is that this is the 4th complicated event in a row (and all the reskins of previous events, at least Halloween isn't a reskin:)
  • St Pats reskin for fellowship event,
  • Anniversary reskin for Soccer event,
  • Wildlife reskin for fall baking event,
  • and now Magic the Gathering card game replaces archeology/Halloween dig/clear the fog event.
The only one I was happy to see replaced was the Soccer event, and as delighted as I am to have some skill involved in events and not have everything based on random luck, it's overdone now. I also like peanut butter, but I don't eat it every day, if I did I'd get tired of it and eventually I wouldn't want any more peanut butter.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
It's day 2 of the event and already I find it boring and tedious. I have to force myself just to use up my three free decks per day. I will stick to clearing one dungeon per city, while the other two will be "As far as I can reach without spending too much teeth".

I hope next year we will go back to the fog clearing event. I also hope we won't get a reskin of this event in the future.

The button to use the biggest health potion (cost: 85 teeth) is greyed out even though I have 1000 teeth. I have 5 health points but the card I'm facing could take me out and the biggest potion is still just about better value even though one of the points would be wasted.
Is this because....
a) it would take me over 14 and I'm not allowed to choose to waste one of them
b) I've already used the biggest health potion twice today and there's a limit on how many times a day I can use it
c) another reason
Whichever it is it wasn't made clear in any of the info/tutorials (though I am old too and may be missing something)

Edit: support have confirmed that it can't be used unless you have 4 or less health points - would be nice if this was clearer in the info given.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
First that stupid matching (or whatever game it was called) that ruined the Anniversay and Summer Event, and now this stupid card game ruining the Halloween Event.
Inno must really be trying to jump the shark with these lame new games - and the foolish/desperate new Event Buildings recently that keep increasing substantially higher and higher stats - not little bit higher, but significantly, out of balance stats.
Hopefully more players will start refusing to spend anything here and give the idiot developers a kick in the butt to stop this bad game direction.

Fighter64

Private
There should be an option to revive the deck (e.g for 50 teeth) if the health drops to 0. Often I do not have my eyes set on health as I'm too busy matching the cards with the bonuses that I do a fight and suddenly I'm dead. I lose all the cards along with what I bought in the card shop. This may have happened with others.

The lower levels could also give coins/ supplies, where it only returns keys sometimes without other rewards. This event does not seem to have them added. For established players this will not be a problem but the lack of these has hindered me more than once in this event/ story quests.

Last edited:

Kotemendo

Private
There is no DUNGEON.
Just Enter button to enter a Card Room with a table.

Attachments

• IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 32

Tellx

Private
I'm quite enjoying this event. Actually having to think makes a nice change from the usual mind numbing minigames. The only bit I'm unsure of at the moment is quantity of teeth to use per run, but that will be part of the learning curve. Might dig out some Steve Jackson books out of nostalgia (if I can find some dice).

I normally enjoy the quests but this card game is probably the biggest load of childish drivel you have ever come up with and to say it's boring is an understatement, watching paint dry is more exciting.