• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween Discussion thread

DeletedUser

Alternative tasks should be given to players who don't wish to plunder with or without asking another player. If you provide two options in each quest, you should do the same for plundering quests. It's not the player's fault if he already completed the map so cannot attack the computer. It contradicts with the two options rule. You are simply taking the gaming joy away from people and pushing them out of the game. Hope the Halloween quests will be able make it up for it.

DeletedUser11899

There will be always players in your 'hood with no defence, you can attack any of them and run the mandatory plunder. In this case it would be 'a fair plunder' so I don't see any (moral) problem with that at all

DeletedUser1184

As with all (or at least the vast majority) of these special events, I fear I'll complete it too quickly and be left with nothing to do. it would be great if once completed it repeated or at least gave you follow on type repeater quests to make full use of the two weeks or whatever the event runs for.

DeletedUser1081

I agree with the people pointing out that any quests fulfilled by plundering should always have an optional task that is available to all players, whether they've completed the continent/tech tree or not. Polivating 20 other players, for example, is something everyone can do within 24 hours, no matter what stage in the game they're at, and would be a reasonable alternative for people who have conscientious objections to plundering.

Meanwhile, does anyone have an image of the new prizes so we can decide whether we want them?

DeletedUser2029

Meanwhile, does anyone have an image of the new prizes so we can decide whether we want them?

And how are we supposed to get them?

A (respected) ex-mod is the last person I would expect to ask this kind of question.

DeletedUser1081

And how are we supposed to get them?
A (respected) ex-mod is the last person I would expect to ask this kind of question.

Huh?? It's a question like any other.
Perhaps previews have been posted somewhere, as they often are.
Ex-moderators can be interested in such things just like anybody else.

DeletedUser12348

Its here if you want to see. However it does change throughout the day as the pumpkins grow.

pumpkin.JPG

It's going in my city, that's for sure. And my monster avatar to scare the willies out of my hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Charming - thanks Scurvy Rat! Is it really animated?
And are any images of the other prize available?
I thought last year's graveyard should have a ghost
floating through it from time to time, so I'm hopeful for this year.

DeletedUser6872

It might sound odd, but i already know all the Halloween quests, a lot of people know, in fact. Don't know how they found out, and i'm not completely sure if they're correct, but it is quite usefull. (and the quests don't involve plundering)

DeletedUser17245

hi
dont put hope in those quests bcz probebly they will be all wrong.
ppl knowed same thing before summer quest began and whan summer quest started many quest wasnt same,
i know from where those ppl get it but dont put to much hope in that, believe me i dont but am still prepeired for it,

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I agree with the people pointing out that any quests fulfilled by plundering should always have an optional task that is available to all players, whether they've completed the continent/tech tree or not.

I really don't get this (not just you, mink!). It's not immoral to plunder - it's part of the game. Don't be so self-righteous. I really am sick of people who take offence because I don't play by their limited rule set.

DeletedUser96901

I want an optional task for polishing and motivating people (plundering would be nice)

because fighters without guild and friends who fight daily loses their chance to win the big tower if they mot/pol instead

and don't come with: you can join a guild or search friends
as some decided not to use the plunder option its my free right to decide not to play in guilds and have no friends

:p

I think everybody would be happy if those quests in the future are
"motivate/polish 20 people OR plunder 20 people" :o

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7990

Plunder is an issue because the more powerful players can get plundered by the weaker players. I'm trying to get tanks and other such weapons because i set my defence up and i get attacked and beaten every time. I could then go an attack the weaker players, but there's no point because I can't get into the top 5 (don't want to spend all day fighting, don't have the time, and won't get the required points anyway) so don't get medals, so no point.

Weaker players can't go and attack the stronger players, it just isn't going to happen.

Oh, and if there's a scouting one, i'm skeeerooowwed. I have 4 areas I need to attack, i don't have the attacking bonus to attack them. i've been trying to get temple of zeus or another one, and upgrade my cathedral of aachen, but I keep getting defeated and am waiting till I get more powerful, but it's taking months. 2 weeks simply isn't enough time.

DeletedUser1081

I really don't get this (not just you, mink!). It's not immoral to plunder - it's part of the game. Don't be so self-righteous. I really am sick of people who take offence because I don't play by their limited rule set.

Mercy: No one's stopping you from playing the way you want, just asking for an option to let other people play the way they want.
If your personal ethics don't mind plundering, that's fine for you, but it doesn't apply to everyone.

DeletedUser97590

Oh the irony! LOL

DeletedUser15076

my real concern is if there is a scouting or infiltrating quest.......... I've conquered all my territories up to and including PE.

DeletedUser16026

If you've already advanced to the end and cannot meet the requirements due to that, then the quest will autocomplete. Same goes with the tech tree --- if a quest asks you to unlock a research and you've completed the tech tree, then it will autocomplete. All you have to do is collect your reward. :)