• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween Discussion thread

DeletedUser

ABooboboooOOOOOO ! haha i know i scared you all, MUHAHAHAHA!

Inno gives us some "kandy" in the form of an event... omnom nom nom nom, TASY!

DeletedUser15432

As I predicted in another thread a few days about, only out on the dates, I said 20th and it is 23rd

DeletedUser7719

I'm going to predict that some people are going to hate this quest if there's scouting involved :p

DeletedUser7719

It's not that. i just remember people complaining in the Summer Event (where you got 2-4 weeks) to complete the quest line, yet everyone complained about the scouting and research a technology. Now we're given two weeks, so if scouting is on there, I'm have a feeling I'm going to see people complain again :p

Btw, I love the picture of Jack on the home page. He looks pretty scary compared to before (if only you guys can maybe get an orange and black backdrop during this time ;))

Surge

Brigadier-General
If you missed out on last year's Halloween event, there's a chance for you to get your hands on the graveyard. For those of you who already have it, you have an opportunity to upgrade yours to something bigger and better!

I did actually finish last years series, but I later deleted my graveyard for space for more effective buildings. Does this mean I am getting the graveyard or can I get the bigger and better version?

DeletedUser96901

you get the normal one

and "have a graveyard" means: build in the city

DeletedUser14587

so the reward as u said seems to be the graveyard or update the graveyard

DeletedUser13805

one reward. but not the only reward

the last reward will be the aLcatraz for all those who spent out on getting the alcatraz up and running they should of waited lol (n well that what they normaly give away is things people had spent all there money on so i am guessing it will follow suit

DeletedUser6065

It's not that. i just remember people complaining in the Summer Event (where you got 2-4 weeks) to complete the quest line, yet everyone complained about the scouting and research a technology. Now we're given two weeks, so if scouting is on there, I'm have a feeling I'm going to see people complain again :p

Btw, I love the picture of Jack on the home page. He looks pretty scary compared to before (if only you guys can maybe get an orange and black backdrop during this time ;))

Plan ahead. . . . 'Forge Point complete' as many techs as you can, just don't open them yet. Two techs is nice, as there may be two research quests. Also, you may want to open a tech instead of plunder.

Plan your conquests. Leave three sectors (if possible) open in a province (one for 'conquer sector', one for 'negotiate sector', one for 'acquire province') during the event. Then (if the planets are aligned, and the quests fall in order ie: scout last - a BIG if), you can complete 3 quests, and start your 4th quest (scout) with no problem. If the stars not aligned, problems could occur, but they should be minimal (in Summer Event, I believe scout was one of the first tasks). Watch your map position throughout the event, and conquer/acquire as you go along to complete each of these tasks as easily as possible (again, if I'm not mistaken, didn't summer require 2 scouts?), especially the 'negotiate' task - do you have the goods? Also, 'Conquer Sector' means combat, 'Negotiate Sector' means negotiate and 'Acquire Sector/Provence' means either way. Oh yes, if you infiltrate before combat as a matter of habit, be sure to leave 1 sector as non-infiltrated. This has been a task in the past.

Plan your pol/mot. Always leave at least 25 people open at any given time. If these tasks (yes 2 separate tasks!) arrive, you are ready to go. You won't have to wait 24 hours for neighbors/friends/guildies to allow you to visit.

Leaping into a new age/era at this point and before event end may not be such a good idea. Some tasks may period specific. Entering a new era at this point causes forge point/lack of production goods problems. You may be asked, for example, to build a residence. This is a forge point problem if your current residence is 2-3 'limbs' inside your position in the tree (Valentines Event last Feb., I believe the last task was to build Romeo and Juliet a house - age specific - and not all residence limbs are at the beginning of the era). Be aware, any task can be age specific. If you have just entered a new era, you have about 5 days to hustle! Get at least 1 'tech limb' ready to open and as far into your tree as reasonably possible. For myself, I just stop advancing, and in one of my worlds, I am ready to go Colonial. Just too many possible problems.

Non-Guilders: Check your production goods now, especially if you just leapt into a new age/era! If possible, have at least 10 of each of the 5 types of production goods (again, in your present era) in your inventory. We may be required to 'acquire' (plunder/trade/produce) X amount of each good. With these goods ready to go, trading becomes much easier if you are a non-guilder. Realize, if you get in a 'time bind', 1:1 trades may not be time efficient. Be prepared for 2:1 (you give 2, you get 1).

Is your city 'full'? What are you prepared to lose, if asked to build something? Build the same thing back, or clear something you're going to delete soon anyway? When building (so far), it is not necessary for the building to complete. Lay the foundation, then sell it if you want. Also, and this can't be said to often - 'BUILD' X amount means you can lay a foundation, sell, lay another, sell again up to the amount required. 'HAVE' X amount means you gotta have them all at once, and on the board (not in inventory - Graveyard alert). Again, what are you gonna delete if you don't have the room for all-at-once?

Need to acquire happiness? Consider the lowly obelisk. 20 gold/0 resources/5 sec. build, these little hummers can be F-U-N. In my recent quest, Rinbin wanted me to acquire 777 happiness. No problem. Obelisk/sell/repeat to 777. Less than 5 minutes/10K resources reward (again 0 resources spent), and I got half my gold back on each sale.

Finally on deleting buildings: In the past, trees and obelisks were buildings. And, best of all, in one event trails were buildings. One open space/ build/delete. Case closed.

It's all in the planning . . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

i have a guild member who does not plunder (and will not break this policy even for special events) and has misssed out on most special end of quest buildings due to this.

now, i know there will be alternative options to plunder as a way of completing a quest but this player has completed the map and tech tree so that will limit his options greatly.

Im hoping that for the players in this situation (as there will be plenty more than just him) that if there is a quest to plunder then an alternative such as simply polish/motivate will be given

can you perhaps let me know if this will be the case as its a shame for players who have completed the map and tech tree and won't plunder to miss out

DeletedUser96901

maybe he makes an exception if a quest demands plundering
some neighboors are nice and only have 2 spearfighters which gives others the permission to plunder them
(people who don't want to get plundered uses a defense ;) )

so simple attack all neighboors beginning from the last
retreat if more than 2 spearfighters are defending
and take the invitation from the players with 2 spearfighters and plunder them :o

DeletedUser16026

You can nicely tell a player that you're doing the plunder just because a quest is asking you for it. And while doing it, just plunder the weakest building possible, I've found players do understand that.

While it would be nice if every quest allowed at least two options, it would not be fun nor challenging if a player autocompletes through all quests just because he can no longer meet one of those options. You don't have to be a heavy PvPer to be able to plunder a single building, you could likely do it just with units you've received from quests too. In fact, if they've never plundered before and are very close with some neighbors, you could likely even -ask- them to set up a time when you can attack them and they'll be without a defense and will have a hut ready for you to plunder.

Amy Steele

General
You can nicely tell a player that you're doing the plunder just because a quest is asking you for it. And while doing it, just plunder the weakest building possible, I've found players do understand that.

I also like to offer that I will motivate a higher value building the day after, to compensate for the plunder. This is usually well received, and I have actually made some friends that way.

DeletedUser5180

the whole post of my post was if a player decides they do not wish to plunder then hopefully thy will have an alternative even if they have finished the tree and map

DeletedUser5180

if players that do not wish to plunder and have finished the map and tech tree and are not given an alternative quest then i will bow out and say my fond farewells to FoE

DeletedUser96901

if players that do not wish to plunder and have finished the map and tech tree and are not given an alternative quest then i will bow out and say my fond farewells to FoE
it's free to leave for all

its part of the game and quests should cover ALL parts of a game and not only the ones you want to do

if people decides to play only a part of the game its their choice

like buying sectors with goods and not conquering them with troops (for people not finished with map)
many people don't want to do that but also must do it for quests