• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
GvG was already a lame horse after the counterproductive attempt to fix the ghost guild issue. Halls of Fame are just the final shot in the head.

DeletedUser13082

GvG isn't dead due to HoF, now that it's been nerfed there's no issue with it really. The guilds who deserve the top ranks still have them

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Kings and Queens,

So, I have some good news for you, as you all are fully aware now the hall of fame has now been nerfed, as this item does still do as intended, and gives power to a guild we cannot refund these, however.... for all those of you who purchased the Hall of Fame prior to the announcement on the 18th we are now offering you 1000 cups for each hall of fame as a good will gesture, and of course, you get to keep the Hall of Fame. :)

to claim your cups please send me a ticket :D

A very positive step in the right direction.. good move Inno :)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
The guilds who deserve the top ranks still have them

Oh do they really? Where I come from the rogue guild issue has become so rampant that former top guilds are abandoning GvG altogether. All the strength in the world is not enough when you cannot cause any damage to speak of to the attacker. Break a siege and it only gets replaced for a token price of 50 goods. GvG is dying, and the fact that you no longer need GvG to level your guild is making it easy to abandon it and not look back.

DeletedUser101925

Kings and Queens,

So, I have some good news for you, as you all are fully aware now the hall of fame has now been nerfed, as this item does still do as intended, and gives power to a guild we cannot refund these, however.... for all those of you who purchased the Hall of Fame prior to the announcement on the 18th we are now offering you 1000 cups for each hall of fame as a good will gesture, and of course, you get to keep the Hall of Fame. :)

to claim your cups please send me a ticket :D

How?

Do we have to open a support ticket for it or do you mean a forum PM?

Edit: And thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13082

Oh do they really? Where I come from the rogue guild issue has become so rampant that former top guilds are abandoning GvG altogether. All the strength in the world is not enough when you cannot cause any damage to speak of to the attacker. Break a siege and it only gets replaced for a token price of 50 goods. GvG is dying, and the fact that you no longer need GvG to level your guild is making it easy to abandon it and not look back.

That's something different entirely. We're talking about HoF, not ghost guilds. Inno have the perfect idea on how to fix ghost guilds and chose to implement 2 things which made them worse instead. That's a topic for a different thread though.

DeletedUser4799

Just to clarify, this applies only to Halls of Fame purchased as a timed item, not to those acquired via the Gold Chest.

To claim your refund please submit a ticket to support, you can do this by right-clicking anywhere in your city and choosing 'Contact Support'.

So those that got from chest will get no refund ?
it is strange I guess, we still spent our cups for it....
regard,
Dahich

DeletedUser

yes, but the hall of fame is 4000 cups, the chest is 600, so we cant give you 1000 cups when you paid 600 for it lol ;)

DeletedUser13082

yes, but the hall of fame is 4000 cups, the chest is 600, so we cant give you 1000 cups when you paid 600 for it lol ;)

You also aren't giving 4000 cups despite the fact they paid 4000 cups? Would it not make sense to refund the entire amount?

DeletedUser

The Hall still does as is was designed though, provides power to the guild, you also keep the halls we dont remove them, its a part refund as a gesture of good will due to the fact it was nerfed after some players purchased the item.

DeletedUser13082

The Hall still does as is was designed though, provides power to the guild, you also keep the halls we dont remove them, its a part refund as a gesture of good will due to the fact it was nerfed after some players purchased the item.

I understand that, but some players bought a lot of cups and then a lot of chests too so they could get the HoF's before the announcement on the 18th. Just doesn't seem right that some get refund after they wasted their money but others don't.

DeletedUser

Sorry death o, but I have to agree here. The HoF functions exactly as it always described. It was never mis-labeled, mis-described, etc. The tooltip on the HoF has always said it to give power, never prestige.

I think it was very respectable and generous of Inno to offer the 1000 trophies! From what i'm gathering, they have done this ONLY to make up the difference for the reduction in power it provides. It has nothing to do with making up for what many people found it as misleading. I think offering the 1000 trophies should more than make up for this. If anyone continues to whine and complain even after this offer, I couldn't help but feel it's just because they want something to whine about and nothing is going to satisfy or suffice.

DeletedUser13082

Sorry death o, but I have to agree here. The HoF functions exactly as it always described. It was never mis-labeled, mis-described, etc. The tooltip on the HoF has always said it to give power, never prestige.

I think it was very respectable and generous of Inno to offer the 1000 trophies! From what i'm gathering, they have done this ONLY to make up the difference for the reduction in power it provides. It has nothing to do with making up for what many people found it as misleading. I think offering the 1000 trophies should more than make up for this. If anyone continues to whine and complain even after this offer, I couldn't help but feel it's just because they want something to whine about and nothing is going to satisfy or suffice.

I'm not saying it's not a good gesture for them to offer the refund. Just saying it's a bit unfair that some get it and others don't.

As for the whole mis-leading/false advertising and all of that. One thing I will say is this; We already know that the issue was well known on the beta server and still released here anyway. Majority of players knew exactly what the HoF was going to do when it was first released here, and, as it was mentioned on beta, but went unfixed, many believed it was the intention for it to work this way. After all, beta is there to iron out the bugs prior to live release. A major deal such as this can't just slip through beta, so it must be intentional. That was my trail of thought at least. The fact of how it was labelled does offer the opinion it may have been a bug, like inno have claimed. However, how many people knew the difference between power and prestige prior to all this happening with the HoF? I know pretty much everything there is to know about this game (not blowing my own horn, just sad enough to have been playing for that long lol), this however, was something I didn't know. I didn't know what the difference was, nor did I know there was a difference at all, and I know many others were clueless too.

I'm not saying that offering the part refund isn't good enough, just that in my opinion, those who bought it from the direct buy feature shouldn't be the only ones to be compensated. A lot of people spent a lot of money opening chests to get the HoF too. My honest opinion is that they should also be compensated.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying that offering the part refund isn't good enough, just that in my opinion, those who bought it from the direct buy feature shouldn't be the only ones to be compensated. A lot of people spent a lot of money opening chests to get the HoF too. My honest opinion is that they should also be compensated.

The direct buy feature guarantees that you get a Hall of Fame; the golden chest does not - it is one of the prizes that you could get; therefore it is not eligible for a refund. If players wish to open lots of chests to try to get a particular prize, that is up to them.

DeletedUser13082

The direct buy feature guarantees that you get a Hall of Fame; the golden chest does not - it is one of the prizes that you could get; therefore it is not eligible for a refund. If players wish to open lots of chests to try to get a particular prize, that is up to them.

I'm not saying that. I know the reasons behind it and why some won't be refunded if they got it from chest. I'm just saying I don't agree with it. The reason they tried for that item in particular was because of what it does (did). If they had of known it wasn't going to do that then they wouldn't have spent that money buying it. I get why it isn't refunded if obtained from the chest, I get it would be a lot more difficult to refund those who did get it from a chest. I just don't agree with it is all :).

My honest opinion is still that this was all pre-planned. I genuinely can't understand how something this controversial and this widely recognised could have made it through beta unfixed, unless it was intentional. Sorry to be the one keeping a downer on it all, but I honestly think it was all planned to happen this way. A coincidence can happen easy enough, but when a string of coincidences happen one after the other, the way they have with this whole situation, that's when it doesn't seem like a coincidence or a mistake any more.

DeletedUser

When you open a chest, you can't expect any certain prize. It would make no sense to be compensated for receicing a HoF from opening the chest. If you bought trophies/diamonds to try to win a HoF from opening the chest, that's your own fault. You did so knowing you weren't guaranteed to get a HoF, but you took the chance anyway, despite knowing you could have waited until it was available as a direct buy.

As far as your other concern goes, regarding whether or not it was a "sales tactic" or anything simliar, that has nothing to do with the offering back of 1000 trophies. That's a completely seperate conversation, and honestly has been beat into the ground already, so there's no sense in digging that back up.

Everyone should just be happy that they have offered back 1000 trophies. They didn't have to offer anything. There was nothing forcing them to do so. To be completely honest, I think the 1000 trophies is a more than fair offer to make up for the reduction in power.

I applaud and thank Inno for doing their best to make up for the major reductions to date. Vouchers for the GB nerfs, trophies for the HoF nerf. I'm satisfied, and i'll continue Forging on!

DeletedUser13082

That would mean spending £20 on buying cups to get 1 HoF. Or spend £20 on cups and get the chance of winning 8. In those 8 chest opening, you're most likely going to get at least 1 HoF, possibly more. That's why those who were seeking HoF for it's previous abilities aimed more at chest than at direct buying. Far cheaper depending on how lucky you are :).

As for vouchers for GB nerfs. If they didn't nerf them to begin with (completely throwing the balance in the opposite direction causing a much worse problem) they wouldn't have needed to compensate anyway.

Also, a quick question. Those who bought the HoF from direct buy prior to the announcement; Do they get 1000 cup refund per purchase, or just 1000 cup refund and and that's all?

DeletedUser7223

My honest opinion is still that this was all pre-planned. I genuinely can't understand how something this controversial and this widely recognised could have made it through beta unfixed, unless it was intentional. Sorry to be the one keeping a downer on it all, but I honestly think it was all planned to happen this way. A coincidence can happen easy enough, but when a string of coincidences happen one after the other, the way they have with this whole situation, that's when it doesn't seem like a coincidence or a mistake any more.

Couldn't agree more D.O.
I also feel that the GB Tokens were proposed to us with the 1.29 update to hide/cover up the fact that they made a serious boo boo with the HoF .
Then they couldn't deliver that ( they even knew it ), so now that we are complaining about the token delay it gives them a window of opportunity to slip in a gesture of good will (lol that made me laugh) of cups for those that bought the HoF .
By Inno offering a gesture of good will over the HoF proves that they messed up & cuts out all legality claims .

We as paying customers should not have to accept their gesture of good will . If we think it's not a reasonable refund for what we paid for the HoF we should tell them to go back to the drawing board and come back with something worth (1) the Nerf (2) the Misleading information on the HoF when bought .
I'm also sick & tired of people sticking up for Inno , You know who you are and should be ashamed of yourselves for doing so .
This game is a walking dead-man & It's only going to be a matter of time before Inno just wash their hands with it & move onto another project .
I know i will never spend another cent on this game after 3 years of giving Inno cash to be given cups as a refund / gesture of good will , makes me sick .
Good Luck with the future Inno , looks like you will need it .