• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser

Sorry but I fail to see how any constructive comment can come about an item that can be only detrimental to the game as a whole. What can there be to say that is constructive? Oh wait, it will make a mint for Inno, that's constructive.

Constructive comments can include criticism, what is not constructive is to make inappropriate comments regarding the development team or the moderation team. Criticising a game feature can be done without resort to insults.

DeletedUser

Sorry but I fail to see how any constructive comment can come about an item that can be only detrimental to the game as a whole. What can there be to say that is constructive? Oh wait, it will make a mint for Inno, that's constructive.

i think she is asking that posts dont contain offensive text and stick to the subject is all :)

DeletedUser5180

mods are here to offer assistance to players and are subject to all the same in game issues that you are.

you guys n gals do a great job offering assistance, i commend that.

however 95% of your posts (not you personally, but mods in general) are defending INNO from disgruntled players with their very valid points. Why not be honest and say something like 'I actually agree with you and hopefully with the moderators support we can convince the devs to sort this problem' rather than the endless posts of backing up INNO when surely YOU as players must agree with our points of view.?

this forum is almost pointless, no good comes from airing views, players are just as well messaging each other ingame rather than come to the forum

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

they are reviewed like the guild hopping as a good example, it wasn't working well so the 7 day rule came in

Because GvG has been the height of activity since that little change and now with the Hall of Fame you don't even need to participate in GvG at all.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

DeletedUser

i would argue some good does come from posting views, if you didnt all post about the guild hopping, i doubt the 7 day rule would have been introduced :p

DeletedUser13082

As pawelp said, it will be nerfed, just not yet. For the time being people will keep spending diamonds to get more HoF's, once the event is over and no more money can be made then they will nerf them, it's the inno way, always has been.

As for it being under review, we do still have a beta server, we did have this event and this ridiculous building there for a month before it was released here, we did complain there, we did say no, we did point out the problems, but yet again it makes no difference. Inno does what inno wants so that inno can rip off their customers yet again. Absolute disgrace.

Can somebody tell me why we even have a beta server? all the bugs from there get released hear anyway and then fixed months later, and bad ideas such as this one get pointed out and we just get ignored anyway and it still gets released. Might as well just drop beta server completely. Other than the fact you get free diamonds over there on the odd occasion it's pointless. Much like how pointless all the time and effort spent on GvG is now that the hall of shame has been released. We put in months of time earning our rank and some muppet with his mothers bank card comes and buys his way into a higher rank than us? What a brilliant feature to add into the game "Work for your rank or simply buy it". Well done.

DeletedUser9614

Here is constructive criticism:

Nerf the Hall of Fame so it becomes relatively unattractive/normal now. This would mean maybe 3.5 to 14 @ 120% prestige per day for PME. Announce that further corrections might increase the Hall of Fame up to 70 (original value) in order to balance it.

How does this affect the situation? Players do not rush and spend all to get this building, and they are aware that they might gain something in the future and not lose. They are informed that balance of the game is not disrupted at any time.

Problem solved.

The sad point is that you cannot do what I described because this building must sell well for diamond players, so this solution is no applicable. The correction has to be top down and not bottom up to generate the most profit while sacrificing the balance of the game.

DeletedUser13082

i would argue some good does come from posting views, if you didnt all post about the guild hopping, i doubt the 7 day rule would have been introduced :p

Very few people wanted the 7 day cool down. Not many people actually had a problem with guild hopping to begin with. The problem was ghost guilds which were made even worse by inno's stupidly bad attempts to fix things. A challenge, search the forum for posts about stopping ghost guilds and then search for posts about stopping guild hopping, I bet I know which one you'll find more of.

Sorry to be abrupt but after 2+ years of my time has being wasted cause of an overly greedy company I think you can likely understand my frustration.

DeletedUser9614

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in alwinal regarding the wishing well, the same story that repeated a while ago.

Hippo, there is no cruse word spelled on alwinal response.
He is expressing his feeling and for this situation where players are cheated on big time, his response is quite appropriate.

DeletedUser914

Thanks to one of the gents on the G world, here is the response from the support team:

"We are aware that this issue is of great concern to many players, however at present there has been no official statement from the developers; further information will be available on the forum if and when it is released."

Let me help to translate into simple words:

"We make money of it now, so we would not like to touch this delicate subject that might affect our sales. However, when this event is over and sales are not a factor anymore, we would like to correct this great concern. We need an overpowered building to increase sales for now. There will be changed and we will announce the details that we know already, but not right now. "

When Guild Wars was announced, it took almost a year to introduce it. Remembered the forum about this constantly was there the repeating question when is guild wars arriving? Also there was the great concern about great buildings, and wishing wells which lost their value, with this remark support team is saying: 1. Hof destroys guildwars 2. A bought building is announced to loose value (until something secret value) Yes they do it again! 3. We are happy to grab money

Time to ask who is happy with this. the one who did not spend diamonds and probably no hof is upset he missed a chance, The ones who did buy are angry that these buildings are filling city and not powerful anymore, guilds are downgraded to zero because they lag behind, and fighters have nothing to do, because the long expected Guild wars is destroyed in a few months.

And that due to a soccer game that looks like a fruit machine, isn't it better to go to an online gambling site? Ty for introducing hall of shame

DeletedUser8504

One thing the developers seem to have forgotten is the effort, cost in troops and goods which Guilds have put in to get power. It's fine to give power with buildings but the numbers are drastically wrong. I have seen a Guild increase their power by 1800 in 2 days an increase of 50% moving them from fourth to second place on the Griefental server simply by getting Halls of Fame. How can this be right - I do not usually criticise the makers of this great game but this time they have sadly got it very wrong.

Please look at this quickly and respond as I believe a serious error has been made.

DeletedUser13082

Buildings that give guild rank aren't fine whether the numbers are low or not. Why should they get power for putting up a building from an event? What does a football hall of fame have to with GvG rank in the slightest, it doesn't even make sense. Battle your way to the top of the leaderboards in Guild Wars... or just give us some money and we'll give you the rank, screw the other players who put in time and effort, just pay us and you got it.

GvG should be based on how the guild is doing in GvG, not on how many stupid buildings you can buy from an event.

DeletedUser6968

One thing the developers seem to have forgotten is the effort, cost in troops and goods which Guilds have put in to get power. It's fine to give power with buildings but the numbers are drastically wrong. I have seen a Guild increase their power by 1800 in 2 days an increase of 50% moving them from fourth to second place on the Griefental server simply by getting Halls of Fame. How can this be right - I do not usually criticise the makers of this great game but this time they have sadly got it very wrong.

Please look at this quickly and respond as I believe a serious error has been made.

When faithful players are asking Inno to reconsider an option that they implemented to the game because of the potential injustice that this will cause to the way we play the game I think that it would only be fair to listen to them. They know what they are talking about :p

DeletedUser13082

When faithful players are asking Inno to reconsider an option that they implemented to the game because of the potential injustice that this will cause to the way we play the game I think that it would only be fair to listen to them. They know what they are talking about :p

HAHAHAHA!!!! Listen to us! That's a good one :p

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Hall of Shame .= Game Over
unless this gets addressed and QUICK !

Massively over-powered , not wanted .. and capable of destroying what a large , dedicated player base have worked months to achieve..in GvG.

I will hang around only to see how this pans out ...but i fear the worst here , i really do.

DeletedUser

I am actually in the guild that has had an enormous jump in points as is mentioned, and I couldn't agree more.
I can't speak for the guild as a whole but personally I don't want to get up the ranks in this fashion. Hard work and sacrifice is the way to go. I was lucky to get 2 HoFs from 2 chests and was happy that I could help the guild gain levels quicker, until I realised that my points were added to our prestige, it's a disgrace.
If this is not changed in a very short time I will be deleting my HoFs, quitting GvG and my guild and seriously considering whether I have any future in this game.

DeletedUser13082

Hall of Shame .= Game Over
unless this gets addressed and QUICK !

Massively over-powered , not wanted .. and capable of destroying what a large , dedicated player base have worked months to achieve..in GvG.

I will hang around only to see how this pans out ...but i fear the worst here , i really do.

Look at boards on E world now Ice, Titans down to 4th place. It's a damn joke, unforgiven jumped 2k points without even doing anything. Spent months earning our points in GvG and have it taken away from us in a couple of days. Absolutely pathetic, can't be justified in anyway.

DeletedUser

Hall of Fame has nothing to do with ranking. It give your Guild Power points to get levels faster but nothing else. So no matter how many your guild got, doesnt help you to raise on ranking, just in levels.

DeletedUser

Hall of Fame has nothing to do with ranking. It give your Guild Power points to get levels faster but nothing else. So no matter how many your guild got, doesnt help you to raise on ranking, just in levels.

Speechless.