• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG questions

DeletedUser96844

As I noted above I am thoroughly grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to explain, but looky here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...upport-pool-all-messed-up&p=130721#post130721
There are different "support factors" for different eras that reduce the support pool?! That's what I meant by "is it distributed the same way in each era" - you say it is, byeordie says it isn't. Either way we need (and deserve) a clear and complete explanation, please and thank you kindly!

@ mink...i was trying to explain distribution on one age..
If we get into multiple ages..and the support factors...i would have to write 3 pages to explain it all clearly i think...
someone from INNO should sit up all night and write out a full concise info pack regarding all the scenarios that can be achieved.

I hear Remorce has a lot of time on his hands nowadays...lol

DeletedUser

Where is this support factor stuff coming from anyways? Do we actually have any idea what the support factor is for each age?

DeletedUser4089

Where is this support factor stuff coming from anyways? Do we actually have any idea what the support factor is for each age?

If you hover over the province for an age in the map overview, it lists the Support Factor in a tooltip.

DeletedUser1081

It's a really terrible name for it. "Support factor" sounds like something good. This is a handicap, not support.

DeletedUser

Well the name is ok it just works wrong :) Just think about it, if the guilds would have less protection instead of more in earlier eras, maybe people without or with lower offensive great buildings would be able to join in on the party ..

DeletedUser

Thank you Zungate, but that right there is less than straightforward to me. What do you mean by "another 100 from levels"??
I meant levels acquired through the GvG system. For example being level two adds another 30 to your supportpool.

We have to divide the support pool by the "support factor"? Why do they call these things by such incomprehensible names??
Handicap is more like it.
Haha, beats me. "It's a factor by which we reduce the effectiveness of support, Support Factor it is!"

Thank you, Zungate. Dividing my tolerance pool by the credibility factor, I can now declare that GvG is 83% more ludicrous than I had previously thought.
Sounds about right to me ;)

DeletedUser96867

Actually I think they've catered to smaller guilds actually. The goods costs for sectors increase exponentially after a while. Even big guilds have problems expanding that fast. Therefore, the rest of the map can be claimed easily by the smaller guilds.

15 guilds with 15 sectors each in an age basically covers the entire map. Most small guilds will struggle to hold more than a sector or 2 if that.

Thanks. I do understand that the costs increase as a guild's territory expands, but I'm looking for the specifics. The 4th siege costs 30 of each good, the 5th one costs XX, and so on. I'm hoping someone is keeping track.

Not sure with the recent gvg changes but on beta sector 10 ran about 5x150 goods=750 goods, while sector 20 was about 5x600=3,000 goods. Also not sure with 1.20 but in the past sieges also counted as sectors 'held' when determining siege costs. So if you held 5 sectors and had 1 sector under siege, the cost of placing a siege on another sector, was calculated as if you held 6 sectors.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They increased the cost of goods here over the beta. My guild has 19 sectors (including HQ) in HMA, to siege the 20th sector would cost 670 of each good. My guild went from 2-3 sectors a day to 1 sector every 2-3 days because of this nonlinear increase. The last siege was somewhere on the order of 525 of each good.

DeletedUser1081

If this is posted somewhere I apologize - I searched but failed to find anything.
If a hex of mine is besieged, can I grant freedom to it while the siege is going on?

Belcher

Corporal
They increased the cost of goods here over the beta. My guild has 19 sectors (including HQ) in HMA, to siege the 20th sector would cost 670 of each good. My guild went from 2-3 sectors a day to 1 sector every 2-3 days because of this nonlinear increase. The last siege was somewhere on the order of 525 of each good.

This is why we tell you not to assume what is in Beta will be the case here. Many things change, apparently this was one of them. There is no guarantee nor statement assuring that the items released here will match what you encounter elsewhere.

DeletedUser

Having tried to obtain the information you have asked for, I regretfully inform you that I have been unable to do so as the information requested has not been released. The development team do not release all information, especially in regards to specific figures and players that want this information, are expected to find it out for themselves. Sorry that I was not able to help further in this matter.

It is indeed unfortunate that the developers refused to share such information. Eithercase I am sure that the dedicated moderation and admins will consolidate the information from each other and their playing experience to determine the information and share it with the playing base. I look forward for the accurate informaiton when it is released.

DeletedUser

It is indeed unfortunate that the developers refused to share such information. Eithercase I am sure that the dedicated moderation and admins will consolidate the information from each other and their playing experience to determine the information and share it with the playing base. I look forward for the accurate informaiton when it is released.

As this information is not going to be released by the developers, the onus is on players to find it out for themselves. Experienced players and guilds may well be in as good if not a better position to gather such information as the moderation and admin teams, since the latter also have other responsibilities that take up a good deal of their time.

If you want the information, you may have to collect data to work it out.

DeletedUser

As this information is not going to be released by the developers, the onus is on players to find it out for themselves. Experienced players and guilds may well be in as good if not a better position to gather such information as the moderation and admin teams, since the latter also have other responsibilities that take up a good deal of their time.

If you want the information, you may have to collect data to work it out.

The problem with this is that other players cannot be trusted. The moderation and admin teams are such trustworthy and capable people, I am sure that they will figure out a way to gather such information. Relying on the information of other players as part of this data is not a good idea because other players firstly do not have the dedicaiton and commitment level as the moderation and admin teams, as well as the possibility that they may want to taint the information for their own benefit. Furthermore, the organisation of such information gathering requires the organisation and critical thinking skills that only exist in the moderation and admin teams. This is why they, and they alone, have to provide the information.

DeletedUser

This is why we tell you not to assume what is in Beta will be the case here. Many things change, apparently this was one of them. There is no guarantee nor statement assuring that the items released here will match what you encounter elsewhere.

The point of that post wasn't that the beta didn't translate over, but to give some idea to the question 'how much does the siege cost increase by'. I was pointing out that the information in an early post was incorrect because it came from the beta.

Now, for the 21st sector, siege cost is 760 of each. So it increased by 90 over the previous sector. I hope this gives some clue as to the way siege cost increases.

DeletedUser7719

I have been recording a few siege costs (which is accessible to you guys, though it's not really in a good spot :p), and the increase is kinda of constant with a little randomness.
The problem with this is that other players cannot be trusted. The moderation and admin teams are such trustworthy and capable people, I am sure that they will figure out a way to gather such information. Relying on the information of other players as part of this data is not a good idea because other players firstly do not have the dedicaiton and commitment level as the moderation and admin teams, as well as the possibility that they may want to taint the information for their own benefit. Furthermore, the organisation of such information gathering requires the organisation and critical thinking skills that only exist in the moderation and admin teams. This is why they, and they alone, have to provide the information.
You do know that almost every moderator was a normal player to begin with (just like us) ;)
Also, some moderators resign from their position, and you may not know if you joined the forums later in which you may not trust the information that they posted previous to their resignation.

DeletedUser

You do know that almost every moderator was a normal player to begin with (just like us) ;)
Also, some moderators resign from their position, and you may not know if you joined the forums later in which you may not trust the information that they posted previous to their resignation.

To be a moderator you need to exhibit the qualities that embodies deep within the moderation and admin teams. Once you have been a moderator, you have shown the trust and dedication. Relinquishing yourself of the title does not mean that those qualities disappear forever. I believe that all moderators, past, present, future, are able not only fully demonstrate their skills and responsibilities for their job and tasks given formally, but also to go above and beyond by providing the best customer experience to every single player. This is why I feel that them, and them alone, can provide the information that many of us seek.

DeletedUser13805

To be a moderator you need to exhibit the qualities that embodies deep within the moderation and admin teams. Once you have been a moderator, you have shown the trust and dedication. Relinquishing yourself of the title does not mean that those qualities disappear forever. I believe that all moderators, past, present, future, are able not only fully demonstrate their skills and responsibilities for their job and tasks given formally, but also to go above and beyond by providing the best customer experience to every single player. This is why I feel that them, and them alone, can provide the information that many of us seek.

wow that is some opinion of them ?
i just thought they were players who have a funny title by the said of there names

DeletedUser

Kinda inactive here on this forum, but I stumbled upon this thread, do you still need the formula for the support pool bonus or not? :)