• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG questions

DeletedUser

Of course you are correct. We are only the players of this game without the dignity and modesty of the moderators and admins of this forum. The ability to express themselves in a clear, concise and honest manner only exists within the moderating and administrative crew of FOE. We cannot match the intelligence and clarity that the moderation team has and therefore it is impossible for us to contribute in a constructive manner since the ideas cannot be presented in a clear and fair manner. This is why the questions posed by the player base can only be answered truthfully by the moderation and admin team since no one else can be trusted in giving the most accurate and reliable answer.

DeletedUser17077

here is my question:

Why is the making of "fake Guilds" for gvg not cheating?

DeletedUser

here is my question:

Why is the making of "fake Guilds" for gvg not cheating?

Currently there are no restrictions on creating guilds or moving from one guild to another. Unless restrictions or rules are brought into the game on how guilds can act within GvG, it is not possible to say that any particular action is anything more than a GvG tactic. Cheating would be something that is against the rules.

DeletedUser17077

so making a "fake guild" then attacking another guild and winning their sectors and then quickly disbanning the "fake guild" is not a form of cheating.

DeletedUser

so making a "fake guild" then attacking another guild and winning their sectors and then quickly disbanning the "fake guild" is not a form of cheating.

There is currently no rule in place to say that players cannot do this, nor any restriction on the creation of guilds that would make it difficult or impossible.

DeletedUser17077

well it seems that it should be.
Thanks for answering my questions :)

DeletedUser

It's not against the rules... yet

they were made aware of this blatant endrun around every tenet of GvG a looong time ago, why should we assume they are going to change the rules now? Finding the correct words for a rule would take about 5 mins

DeletedUser7719

Sure, they can give a rule within 5 minutes, but I'm guessing they want to focus on making it impossible (i.e. coding it for fair game)

DeletedUser

Sure, they can give a rule within 5 minutes, but I'm guessing they want to focus on making it impossible (i.e. coding it for fair game)

Why do you think so? They didn't do that for cross world FP trading.

DeletedUser7719

There really isn't anyway of making it impossible (well, actually there was a suggestion I made for most GBs not to be affected by this, but I still haven't seen a move on this yet)

DeletedUser

There really isn't anyway of making it impossible (well, actually there was a suggestion I made for most GBs not to be affected by this, but I still haven't seen a move on this yet)

So you think it makes sense to let this behavior go rampant for the months it takes to make it impossible rather than make a rule against it in 5 minutes? Sure, the ultimate goal should be to make it impossible, but it is silly not to do both. That is like saying I want to be a millionaire, so I am going to refuse anyone who offers to give me $10,000. You are still taking steps to achieve the goal. By the time they fix this, most of the damage will be done (like giving a dead person medicine)

DeletedUser7719

Just note that I have already agreed with your main point, so I'm going to drop out of this discussion until we get back to GvG questions again

DeletedUser96844

Here is a GvG question..

Why do the top 3 places on GvG age maps get a percentage bonus of sector points aquired?

If the game makers want players from smaller guilds take part in GvG, why do they make it that larger guilds who get into top 3 gain extra points therefore levelling up faster, gaining more defense pool points to protect their sectors.

By the time smaller guilds get the goods and troops together to fight for a sector, the larger guilds will have more defence pool points to protect them.

Also players in smaller guild may not have their GBs up to full boost due to the fact there will be less people in their guilds donating.

A few of the larger, more advanced guild players will have completed tech tree, and have full GBs..so they are feeding their fps into other guild members GBs to get the boosts for defence pool up there too.

This is not to have a go at larger guilds (as they can do what they like with their cities and fps).. just querying the mindset of those who developed GvG.

Is this designed to 'level the playing field' or just to keep those that have got through the rest of the game busy while you develop the next era?

DeletedUser13805

Here is a GvG question..

Why do the top 3 places on GvG age maps get a percentage bonus of sector points aquired?

If the game makers want players from smaller guilds take part in GvG, why do they make it that larger guilds who get into top 3 gain extra points therefore levelling up faster, gaining more defense pool points to protect their sectors.

By the time smaller guilds get the goods and troops together to fight for a sector, the larger guilds will have more defence pool points to protect them.

Also players in smaller guild may not have their GBs up to full boost due to the fact there will be less people in their guilds donating.

A few of the larger, more advanced guild players will have completed tech tree, and have full GBs..so they are feeding their fps into other guild members GBs to get the boosts for defence pool up there too.

This is not to have a go at larger guilds (as they can do what they like with their cities and fps).. just querying the mindset of those who developed GvG.

Is this designed to 'level the playing field' or just to keep those that have got through the rest of the game busy while you develop the next era?

your right about the guilds now all ploughing points into there members defense castles to gain more defense pool. its having huge impact now in pvp hood battles as more and more of my hood are getting to strong in defense over night in some cases : (
its killing the game big time so i am sure there will be some balances brought out soon or at least i hope they do.
if not then i guess there will be hardly any players left playing except a few hundred that belong to the big guilds and if this happens then i guess the strongest players in the worlds should form there own guilds and kick the big guilds off there perches its the only way i can see how players could make some sort of impact and get them all screaming in the big guilds and bring them down a level or two to let the other guilds get a look in : )

DeletedUser14471

How is the support pool distributed amongst the provinces (ages)?

I mean, if a guild in level 2 has a total support pool of 188. They have 3 sectors (1 after the other, forming a rope/chain) in Iron Age and 3 sectors (in the same pattern as in Iron Age) in EMA. This means that each HQ will get 75 support pool and all other sectors will get 0 (188 support pool - 75 support pool to Iron Age HQ = 113 support pool remains. Remaining support pool of 113/EMA support pool of 1.5 = 75 EMA support pool, all going to the EMA HQ)
When the guild moves to level 3, it will get an additional 20 support pool boost (total boost from level 3 (50) - total boost of level 2 (30) = difference = 20) . Where does the this 20 additional support pool go to? Is it evenly distributed between the Iron age sector adjacent to the HQ and the EMA sector adjacent to the HQ = 10 to the Iron Age sector and 10/1.5 = 7 to the EMA sector?

DeletedUser96844

How is the support pool distributed amongst the provinces (ages)?

I mean, if a guild in level 2 has a total support pool of 188. They have 3 sectors (1 after the other, forming a rope/chain) in Iron Age and 3 sectors (in the same pattern as in Iron Age) in EMA. This means that each HQ will get 75 support pool and all other sectors will get 0 (188 support pool - 75 support pool to Iron Age HQ = 113 support pool remains. Remaining support pool of 113/EMA support pool of 1.5 = 75 EMA support pool, all going to the EMA HQ)
When the guild moves to level 3, it will get an additional 20 support pool boost (total boost from level 3 (50) - total boost of level 2 (30) = difference = 20) . Where does the this 20 additional support pool go to? Is it evenly distributed between the Iron age sector adjacent to the HQ and the EMA sector adjacent to the HQ = 10 to the Iron Age sector and 10/1.5 = 7 to the EMA sector?

I will be corrected if i am wrong..

I think the pool total for guild is counted on every age separately, as i cannot see how some guilds (my own too) get the def bonuses they have..and i can't figure out what age get priority (or do they get even amount)

but i think you have to look at the 'support factor' of each age too.. EMA has a factor of 1.5...meaning for every point of def bonus there..you must have 1.5 points in your pool.
Iron age has factor of 1 so that is easy to work out if you def bonus is correct..(Guild GB levels x 3) + support pool bonus should equal def bonus points for sectors owned

as age like prog era has factor of 6..you need 6 pool points for one def point bonus.

if i am not correct on the distribution of pool points in the ages...could someone with the knowledge of how this is caculated and distributed please reply

DeletedUser7719

Support pool = 3 per defense GB level in the guild + guild level support pool bonus

Example: let's say I have a small guild with a support pool is 300.

In the iron age, it takes 75 support pool to fill up your HQ to 75% attack/defense
Then, all adjacent hexes receive what's left, and split it amongst themselves. Let's say my HQ has 2 adjacent sectors. Then they will each receive 50 of my guild's support pool. (300 - 75 - 100 = 125 remaining)
Then, all adjacent hexes to those hexes split what's left. Let's say there are 5 adjacent hexes to those 2. Then they will split the 125 equally, and each receive 25% bonus.

Now, let's repeat this scenario in the CA. CA has a support factor of 3. Now all hexes use up 3x as much support pool to grant the same bonus.

CA: My HQ still receives 75% attack, but instead uses up 225 support pool (75 remaining)
The two adjacent hexes split the remainder (75/2 = 37.5 per hex -> 37.5 / 3 = 12.5 = 13)

So with a support pool of 300 my CA HQ will receive a 75% bonus, the two adjacent hexes receive 13% each, and all other hexes get 0% bonus.

Let's repeat in the PE. 300 / 6 = 50% to the HQ. No other sectors get any bonus.

Every age is counted separately, so these numbers will not change no matter how many ages our guild participates in (only on the support factor, guild level's support bonus, and the total amount of GB levels in the guild)

Hope this helps!

DeletedUser96844

Thanks for clarifying that all ages get counted seperately byeordie.