• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG questions

DeletedUser1081

the distribution is the same on all ages i believe as the system is calculating grid hexes..not ages..
example...
guild has 201 points from GBs (67 levels among the guild) and 100 points in levels(s) = 301 total
HQ (s1)gets 75points as priority.
there are 3 (s2, s3, s4) sectors immediately connected to HQ sector..they would get 50 each..total used now 225
there is 1 sector (s5) connected to one of the 3 previous sectors..moving way from HQ..another 50... total now 275
that has another sector (s6) further out again.. but there is only 26 points available. that would be allocated 26 points until guild levels up again or GB get more levels.
if there is a sector (s7) connected to (s6) that would be allocated 0 points defence..
if there are 2 sectors the same distance from the HQ and there is not 100 point avaiable..the sectors would have the remaining points split equally...ie only 86 points avaiable..each sector would get 43 points.
the points are allocated dependent on the location distance to HQ... if you move your HQ the points don't change until next countdown..then are recalculated in relation to the new HQ location.

hope this makes sense..lol

Thank you very much, titan45 - I hope it will make sense when I've pondered it for a while! And meanwhile I'm very grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to explain.

DeletedUser17077

Can anyone explain why silver swords are ranked 3rd and 21st?

DeletedUser7719

Another guild with the same name? Or do both lead you to the same guild page?

DeletedUser

Hi...

Is it possible to help, let's say, guild A that deployed a siege in guilds B sector, taking guild B deffending armies down?

I mean, there is a sector that belongs to guild B. A guild A deployed a siege to guild's B sector. And a guild C wants to help guild A to take guild's B deffending armies... Is this possible?

DeletedUser7719

Nope (not anymore). The only way this would be possible is asking the members from Guild C to jump over to Guild A and help (and we're assuming that A has the space). It's pretty ironic how you can help get rid of a siege though as if having 8:1 army-wise isn't enough :p

DeletedUser

I don't want to get rid of the siege from guild A. I want to help guild A to take guild's B deffending armies down!

And about members from guild C jump over guild A means members going from one guild to the other???? I didn't undertood this quite well, sorry... (english is not my mother language)

DeletedUser17077

how can there be 2 guilds with the exact same name and shield..thought that wasnt possible

DeletedUser7719

And about members from guild C jump over guild A means members going from one guild to the other???? I didn't undertood this quite well, sorry... (english is not my mother language)
Yes, this would be the only way. Getting the members from guild C to leave their guild, ask for an invite to guild A, enter the guild and fight, then leave and rejoin guild C.

@pagirl: I think I answered you question on another thread, but I'll add that the name of a guild can be used many times as it wants ;)

DeletedUser3315

how can there be 2 guilds with the exact same name and shield..thought that wasnt possible

Its possible - you just use different letters that look the same but from different languages like - HOME (using english) and НОМЕ (using russian cyrillic) - very useful for gvg ;)

DeletedUser1081

the distribution is the same on all ages i believe as the system is calculating grid hexes... not ages.
Example:
guild has 201 points from GBs (67 levels among the guild) and 100 points in levels(s) = 301 total
HQ (s1)gets 75points as priority.
there are 3 (s2, s3, s4) sectors immediately connected to HQ sector..they would get 50 each..total used now 225
there is 1 sector (s5) connected to one of the 3 previous sectors..moving way from HQ..another 50... total now 275
that has another sector (s6) further out again.. but there is only 26 points available. that would be allocated 26 points until guild levels up again or GB get more levels.
if there is a sector (s7) connected to (s6) that would be allocated 0 points defence.
if there are 2 sectors the same distance from the HQ and there is not 100 point avaiable..the sectors would have the remaining points split equally...ie only 86 points avaiable..each sector would get 43 points.
the points are allocated dependent on the location distance to HQ... if you move your HQ the points don't change until next countdown..then are recalculated in relation to the new HQ location.
hope this makes sense..lol

As I noted above I am thoroughly grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to explain, but looky here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...upport-pool-all-messed-up&p=130721#post130721
There are different "support factors" for different eras that reduce the support pool?! That's what I meant by "is it distributed the same way in each era" - you say it is, byeordie says it isn't. Either way we need (and deserve) a clear and complete explanation, please and thank you kindly!

DeletedUser101034

disabling trusted will only allow the trust players to grant freedom, unfortunately the untrusted cant unlock defence slots, they can deposit goods and place troops only

DeletedUser

Thank you, I look forward to your positive response.

Having tried to obtain the information you have asked for, I regretfully inform you that I have been unable to do so as the information requested has not been released. The development team do not release all information, especially in regards to specific figures and players that want this information, are expected to find it out for themselves. Sorry that I was not able to help further in this matter.

Hi...

Is it possible to help, let's say, guild A that deployed a siege in guilds B sector, taking guild B deffending armies down?

I mean, there is a sector that belongs to guild B. A guild A deployed a siege to guild's B sector. And a guild C wants to help guild A to take guild's B defending armies... Is this possible?

No, it is not possible for 2 guilds to attack the same defending army. Only the guild that placed the siege is able to attack the defending army.

DeletedUser7719

As I noted above I am thoroughly grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to explain, but looky here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...upport-pool-all-messed-up&p=130721#post130721
There are different "support factors" for different eras that reduce the support pool?! That's what I meant by "is it distributed the same way in each era" - you say it is, byeordie says it isn't. Either way we need (and deserve) a clear and complete explanation, please and thank you kindly!
I think he's got it right on how it works for the Iron Age. When doing other provinces, just divide by the Support Factor, then follow his steps ;)

One guild (in my world) in the Industrial Age only consist of one player with a total support pool of (level 9 DC + level 6 SB + 30 from 2nd Guild Level) 75 boost. The only sector he has (his headquarters) has only 18 boost. The Support Factor of the Industrial Age is 4. Putting them all together: 75 boost/ 4 Support Factor = 18.75 boost which can only be spread about one sector

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

I think he's got it right on how it works for the Iron Age. When doing other provinces, just divide by the Support Factor, then follow his steps ;)

As usual, byeordie, I value your replies but don't find them clear enough. Can you please clarify the steps for calculating the distribution of the support pool in the various eras/provinces? Step by step so we can all understand it? Please and thank you kindly.

DeletedUser

I beleive the formula is pretty straight forward.

Let's say you have 300 support pool from a combined 100 levels of defensive GBs, then you have another 100 from levels for a combined total of 400.

Let's also assume you're fighting in Progressive, which has a support factor of 6.

Sector defense available = Supportpool / Support factor => Sector defense = 400 / 6 => Sector defense = 67 (i think it rounds up).

Considering a HQ can have up to 75% defense, you'd require another (75-67)*6 supportpool for it to be maxed.

DeletedUser7719

As usual, byeordie, I value your replies but don't find them clear enough. Can you please clarify the steps for calculating the distribution of the support pool in the various eras/provinces? Step by step so we can all understand it? Please and thank you kindly.
lol, I added my reason about the same time as you posted :p

DeletedUser1081

I beleive the formula is pretty straight forward.
Let's say you have 300 support pool from a combined 100 levels of defensive GBs, then you have another 100 from levels for a combined total of 400.

Thank you Zungate, but that right there is less than straightforward to me. What do you mean by "another 100 from levels"??

Let's also assume you're fighting in Progressive, which has a support factor of 6.
Sector defense available = Support pool / Support factor => Sector defense = 400 / 6 => Sector defense = 67 (i think it rounds up).

We have to divide the support pool by the "support factor"? Why do they call these things by such incomprehensible names??
Handicap is more like it.

Considering a HQ can have up to 75% defense, you'd require another (75-67)*6 supportpool for it to be maxed.

Thank you, Zungate. Dividing my tolerance pool by the credibility factor, I can now declare that GvG is 83% more ludicrous than I had previously thought.

DeletedUser100341

Can defensive armies be moved from sector to sector? Say I have a bunch of armies on the interior and want to move to the perimeter.

DeletedUser1081

Can defensive armies be moved from sector to sector? Say I have a bunch of armies on the interior and want to move to the perimeter.

Nope! Once you've placed them, they're no longer in your control and they stay where you put them until they get wiped out or deleted.

DeletedUser

The issue with this idea is that it WILL cost you units and armies each time you besiege that sector, though half the siege cost will be refunded, each siege cost will cost you 8 troops that you will lose when you give up the sector, not to mention the troops injured/linked when defeating the NPC army. So yes, this will gain PVP points, but they are rather expensive points!

The moderation team is not given any figures, like you, we have to figure it out for ourselves and unfortunately, due to a heavy working schedule last week, I was unable to record our own.

The siege cost is dependent on the number of owned sectors in that province. If you own 2 sectors, it will cost you 10 of each good, if you then grant freedom to one, your next siege will cost you 5 of each good.

I have seen somewhere some detail regarding the steps of the calculation, unfortunately I've not been able to track it down though I will keep looking.

actually it costs nothing in goods if you just do it to one sector (your only sector) over and over and over. The dev team should be well aware of this exploit by now