• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

Galechade

Corporal
Interesting to see so much interest now there’s an announcement that Gvg will be discontinued, while there was very little for a long time that I could see, when there were complaints about bots and overt cheating. For those who wanted their guild kicks, and the chat and the planning, there has been the option of outside channels for a long time, and many guilds have used those also, even to the annoyance of others who wouldn’t. Now we are missing that also?
There has always been interest since I started in 2013. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know that. Inno had informed us they were going to quit making any changes or improvements in GVG so what good would complaining to them about issues in their game do? Then they lied to us stating they would keep GVG. What kind of business practice is that? In the US that might even be considered a "bait and switch", which is illegal. Hmmmm.........
How many in any of your opponent’s guilds (and how many of those are there, really?) play? It’s 1-5 maybe, in most Gvg guilds in my world, and judging by the Gvg based ranking board, there are maybe 15 guilds who have any Gvg players at all. Thats about the same amount of people as my full guild. In my full gaming world.
I'm lucky and have been in a top guild for years on 2 servers. There are more than 20 guilds who play in GVG on both worlds, and 10+ people who play in each guild. There are15 of us on the US server in my guild alone and we aren't currently even in the top 5. There are a lot of GVG players whether you like it or not. 1% is a lie. The actual number is a lot higher if it was based on active players. But that hurts Inno's narrative and excuse.
No they don’t. The more accurate statement is that many people continue to play only because of Gvg. That base has diminished fast. Most people who play don’t even have a computer to play Gvg on.
The GVG based diminished because Inno refused to fix GVG and instead moved half of the game to mobile without it. If it had been done properly, Inno would have figured out how to make GVG playable on mobile long before they ever moved any of the game there. Very short sighted on their part.
Sounds like you’re describing Gbg, right there. The only reward from Gvg for everyone is prestige, beside that, how does it give anything more to the guild members than GbG does? Also, if your guild has not created an atmosphere where you plan for and participate in your successes, then I guess you won’t see Gbg that way, but the one thing that does come very close to that Gvg feeling is winning one or multiple races in Gbg, and yes, it’s fully possible to plan for, and execute, and who are you doing it against if not live players? You also race against time, if your opponent is active. If the next move is to say but they aren’t, well, that seems to be the state of the Gvg maps too for the most part, there is precious little fighting on them at least in my world, since you know, those ‘fighters’ aren’t actually fighting, they are mainly holding land. Most guilds holding land at the moment consist of 1 or 2 active Gvg players. Nobody is even trying to land or take out the land held by others. And that is the way it has been going for about a year. If it is different in your world, I understand that you may be more upset about the change than I am, but I very much doubt most worlds are anywhere near as active as people like to think.
You obviously are not a GVG player with this response. Guild ranking was always decided by GVG until this latest GBG joke. The higher up your guild level is, the more benefits for the entire guild. Where do you think those FP from your TH come from along with reductions of times for buildings and troops? Maybe you should actually look into GVG and see what all it was before Inno actually does kill it and their money making gamers with it.

Hektik Keef

Private
Interesting to see so much interest now there’s an announcement that Gvg will be discontinued, while there was very little for a long time that I could see, when there were complaints about bots and overt cheating. For those who wanted their guild kicks, and the chat and the planning, there has been the option of outside channels for a long time, and many guilds have used those also, even to the annoyance of others who wouldn’t. Now we are missing that also?

How many in any of your opponent’s guilds (and how many of those are there, really?) play? It’s 1-5 maybe, in most Gvg guilds in my world, and judging by the Gvg based ranking board, there are maybe 15 guilds who have any Gvg players at all. Thats about the same amount of people as my full guild. In my full gaming world.

No they don’t. The more accurate statement is that many people continue to play only because of Gvg. That base has diminished fast. Most people who play don’t even have a computer to play Gvg on.

Sounds like you’re describing Gbg, right there. The only reward from Gvg for everyone is prestige, beside that, how does it give anything more to the guild members than GbG does? Also, if your guild has not created an atmosphere where you plan for and participate in your successes, then I guess you won’t see Gbg that way, but the one thing that does come very close to that Gvg feeling is winning one or multiple races in Gbg, and yes, it’s fully possible to plan for, and execute, and who are you doing it against if not live players? You also race against time, if your opponent is active. If the next move is to say but they aren’t, well, that seems to be the state of the Gvg maps too for the most part, there is precious little fighting on them at least in my world, since you know, those ‘fighters’ aren’t actually fighting, they are mainly holding land. Most guilds holding land at the moment consist of 1 or 2 active Gvg players. Nobody is even trying to land or take out the land held by others. And that is the way it has been going for about a year. If it is different in your world, I understand that you may be more upset about the change than I am, but I very much doubt most worlds are anywhere near as active as people like to think.
we are just out of a heavy war that may restart- with 4 main guild involved, pus load others- massing total 60-80 fighters per night between em, add rest server is prob near 120 plus on a night total
plus peeps doing DA and overnight battles? Numbers FAR in excess those your talking about. (but i know D is more active and fighty than some worlds)

Deleted member 127677

You probably never really played GvG mate :) not fully. It's not even similar. You should try it, feel the adrenaline rush while GvG is still here.
I probably did. Should it matter? Not really. I did, clearly was less interested than some, but I’m not speaking here as someone who never played. My current guild has its own share of number 1 days of the server, and obviously the numerous days as top 10 guild within less than a month of forming. Before that, I helped bring my former guild back onto the maps after it had left them in preparation for GbG, and held said number 1 status for a year. And that guild is currently trailing us in spot 2 in the Gbg rank format, so clearly also not completely disinterested in the new feature. So yah, tried it, felt the adrenaline rush, and no, it’s no longer there. In my world, there are people who claim to love it, and say they will quit over this change. One has made an appearance on this forum. Two even commented on Global. There seems to be no massive outrage. It’s had its day. We will see how many actually leave when it’s discontinued.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

Please do no dumb down the game even more.
Agree on this wholeheartedly. While Gvg is a dead feature, nothing could beat it when it was at its most active, for tactics, planning and team play. I’ve said elsewhere in this and the beta forum that what is needed as a replacement is a feature

- that everyone can play
- that truly reflects the ability of the full guild, not just the guys who still have a dusty old laptop somewhere
- that is inclusive also in terms of when it can be played, i.e. *not* at bath time or when you’re meant to sit down for dinner
- that doesn’t require you to be present in game 24/7 or even a fraction of similar times, make it a short burst of time, once a day or twice a week or even once a month, but for 30 minutes-a couple of hours, depending on how frequent it is
- and make it interesting, not just click and collect, thank you.

Deleted member 127677

There are a lot of GVG players whether you like it or not. 1% is a lie. The actual number is a lot higher if it was based on active players. But that hurts Inno's narrative and excuse.

The GVG based diminished because Inno refused to fix GVG
Bit of a contradiction but let‘s leave it at that. I am only reflecting on my own world. Those who could have played are a far different ‘base’ than those who actually do. And, again judging by my own world, that could be 20 who could, but 2-5 who would do regularly. In any guild. Even in the most stalwart Gvg guilds, that has dwindled, and once more, judging by those who have started up recently, there are 1-5 who actually can and bother.

Maybe you should actually look into GVG and see what all it was before Inno actually does kill it and their money making gamers with it.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, no interest. Gbg if you play it properly and the way it was intended is fine. If you never did, or fell into guilds where the farmers took over, shame. It can be fun, if you actually fight it. My world has increasingly gotten over the farming during the past year, so it’s maybe an easier transition to make.

Galechade

Corporal
Bit of a contradiction but let‘s leave it at that. I am only reflecting on my own world. Those who could have played are a far different ‘base’ than those who actually do. And, again judging by my own world, that could be 20 who could, but 2-5 who would do regularly. In any guild. Even in the most stalwart Gvg guilds, that has dwindled, and once more, judging by those who have started up recently, there are 1-5 who actually can and bother.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, no interest. Gbg if you play it properly and the way it was intended is fine. If you never did, or fell into guilds where the farmers took over, shame. It can be fun, if you actually fight it. My world has increasingly gotten over the farming during the past year, so it’s maybe an easier transition to
As I stated above, I've been playing since 2013. I play on 2 servers and was in 5 different worlds once upon a time, now down to just three different worlds. One is on this server and 2 on the US server, so maybe a lot more experience than your one little world. GE is tolerable but barely and only because I'm a GVG fighter looking for fights. GBG is a crock. Every 4 hours click, click, click to swap sectors with another 1-3 guilds. Then 4 hours later right back to swapping those same sectors again. Where is the challenge in that because we cannot defend our own sectors? Boring........ and I have a life outside of FoE so refuse to be here every 4 hours. GVG is all about real time fighting, defending what is yours and trying to take what belongs to someone else (you know, forging that empire.....) while they are trying to do the same to you. That is impossible to do anywhere but GVG. There is no challenge like that anywhere else in the entire game except GVG. Everything else is glorified Farmville. I quit playing that more than a decade ago.

enerva

Private
1) You can play gvg with eg 5, and it works very well in today's gvg. You can't do that in gbg so small guilds get very little out of it.
2) Your (materialistic) guilds never quite got the thing in gvg that really hooks players (split second decisions, outwitting the opponent, surprising them with your tactical moves). Your way was to dominate maps with sheer number of players online at reset. Very much like what happens at gbg. I did try to demonstrate you guys another way of doing things but i never got through to you. I've played against the same bots and multiple account cheats you did for way longer than you did and had a world of fun every time I managed to outsmart them despite everything. It never made me quit gvg. On contrary, if they needed a machine to beat me, that's pretty darn flattering :)

Manuel Laboria

GvG is like no other aspect of the game. Not PvA, not GbG, and I seriously doubt Raids will be even close.

Sieges can be broken, taking of sectors can be quickly swiped from another guild attempting to take a sector, and so on. There is no other action in the game like GvG!
There isn't and there won't be, far as I can tell... just to add: GvG lets you/your guild decide who you want to fight, unlike these enforced farms in GBG with Inno dictating the (mis)matches. Why are there so many single player guilds? Why aren't all players going to big bad competitive GBG guilds? Because they want the autonomy and freedom...

The GBG changes may or may not encourage more fighting boards (and get more nolifers to run them 24/7), which could make it more interesting. Although I'm afraid the increased fights counts combined with attrition will just make new GBG into more of the same boring clickfest, just slower...

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
We all know that the main use (not the only one) of GvG is to farm battle points with the cooperation of other guilds and players. I am one of the players that has benefitted massively from playing this way, so I feel well positioned to provide feedback.

I would prefer that GvG were fixed to become what it was intended to be, but that won't happen. No availability on mobile was always a big issue for many players, allowing dinosaur laptop players like me to capitalise on my advantage. Having limited landing places meant big guilds like mine could easily hold on to our sectors and maintain a cast iron grip on the map.

Losing GvG will hurt me and my playing style, but I do think its time is up.

No-one should write off Guild Raids yet. It may be great; it may be not so great. It might be full of exploits that will allow big guilds/players like me to dominate again. However, if we all give sensible feedback when it arrives, hopefully it will be an improvement on GvG. Fingers crossed.

Manuel Laboria

The dimensions of exploit farming in GvG were far outranked by the GBG farming that's been going on since it's inception. Inno knew it 4 years ago, not that no one mentioned it then, but did nothing about it. They are now finally addressing that by cutting into the free GBG fights but making other changes that will not make GBG more but less attractive. GvG was slowly dying and it's a logical next step to eliminate it entirely. With that, many hearts and souls of the game will go, those who were just hanging in there for their friends...the next generation players won't remember and maybe that's what Inno wants...

Hektik Keef

Private
We all know that the main use (not the only one) of GvG is to farm battle points with the cooperation of other guilds and players. I am one of the players that has benefitted massively from playing this way, so I feel well positioned to provide feedback.

I would prefer that GvG were fixed to become what it was intended to be, but that won't happen. No availability on mobile was always a big issue for many players, allowing dinosaur laptop players like me to capitalise on my advantage. Having limited landing places meant big guilds like mine could easily hold on to our sectors and maintain a cast iron grip on the map.

Losing GvG will hurt me and my playing style, but I do think its time is up.

No-one should write off Guild Raids yet. It may be great; it may be not so great. It might be full of exploits that will allow big guilds/players like me to dominate again. However, if we all give sensible feedback when it arrives, hopefully it will be an improvement on GvG. Fingers crossed.
Prae the farming on gvg maps has largely died among large guilds since gbg arrived- its only cos in lil shorthanded guild you still do that with GvG, is barely any major gvg points farming compared to the mountain of it on gbg maps- its really dropped off last few years on gvg side as the fact you need to make the units while gbg makes them for you bites.

Deleted member 127677

The dimensions of exploit farming in GvG were far outranked by the GBG farming that's been going on since it's inception. Inno knew it 4 years ago, not that no one mentioned it then, but did nothing about it. They are now finally addressing that by cutting into the free GBG fights but making other changes that will not make GBG more but less attractive. GvG was slowly dying and it's a logical next step to eliminate it entirely. With that, many hearts and souls of the game will go, those who were just hanging in there for their friends...the next generation players won't remember and maybe that's what Inno wants...
I don’t think it’s useful to compare GvG and what happened there to anything else, good or bad. Gvg was great, unless you found that you were fighting a couple of people who could outpace you when you had 10-15 or even more, unless you found alts and ghosts hitting you and disband to hit you further if cornered (solo guilds is not actually only there for autonomy you know), unless you found that when you most needed siege pace, the game would freeze at the crucial moment and surprise, your 2-man guild enemy had already fully DAd the sector you had worked up to take and/or resieged and taken anything you were fighting. Seeing those who profess to love Gvg having done no or little Gvg fighting for months kind of negates how wonderful it is. Its one and only purpose in my world seems to have been to hold land, also for months. If it was to fight, fights would have happened. But quite apart from this, the botting and ghosting was real, and no, the same has not happened in Gbg so far, so for now, it feels like a more normal playing experience. If only for this, Gvg needs to be scrapped in its current form. Support must have been tearing their hair out with all the complaints about obvious cheating that was a hallmark of Gvg, and anyone saying it was always thus, hello? Is that what you think was the greatest thing ever?

As for hearts and minds of guilds. I would venture that Gvg players have needed to be as active as Gbg players to even be noticed. The number of long term mobile only players who are saying good riddance now is surprising, not because they don’t or wouldn’t have maybe liked Gvg, but because of the players who thought they should have a special place in a guild because they did play. There is a flip side to this coin too.

And as said, we don’t even know what Guild Raids will bring. Give that a chance before throwing in the old ‘I’m quitting and everyone else I know will quit too’.

Manuel Laboria

I was responding to the statement above "GvG is to farm battle points with the cooperation of other guilds and players", that's all. I returned to this game this year after being thoroughly fed up with GBG farming (and yes, botting) and friends leaving over GBG boredom & burnout. I came back only to play GvG since that is the only part of the game that made any sense to me despite all the (years of unaddressed) downsides. If people have the nerve to continue this game without GvG, there is no problem (?). I am glad I got to play with most of the major GvG players and guilds on my server and sorry for all the great new players who have never and will never experience what it is like to play proper GvG :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Gvg farming wasn't remotely on the scale of gbg. I was in the top 20 players when gvg was running even 4 years into the server played from the start and I didn't play gvg at all. Yes I attacked hood daily but not much more I didn't do the RQ attacks or anything boring like that.

I took a year out from playing during gbg and I don't think I'm in 170th place now. Yes some of it will be due to me stopping buying expansions and filling all available space but the significant amount is from gbg running and me not playing gbg for so long.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Prae the farming on gvg maps has largely died among large guilds since gbg arrived- its only cos in lil shorthanded guild you still do that with GvG, is barely any major gvg points farming compared to the mountain of it on gbg maps- its really dropped off last few years on gvg side as the fact you need to make the units while gbg makes them for you bites.
That's a good point Hektik.

The GbG changes recently were supposedly cut down on farming and open it up to more players - not just us monsters (I haven't seen much evidence of that working yet) and I think a new feature like Guild Raids could be designed to do the same. Don't get me wrong - if farming is available, I will do it, but I'm prepared to accept changes which might appeal to a wider demographic of players if they are well designed, and more inclusive. I'm actually looking forward to see what Inno come up with.

Sacahari3l

Private
That's a good point Hektik.

The GbG changes recently were supposedly cut down on farming and open it up to more players - not just us monsters (I haven't seen much evidence of that working yet) and I think a new feature like Guild Raids could be designed to do the same. Don't get me wrong - if farming is available, I will do it, but I'm prepared to accept changes which might appeal to a wider demographic of players if they are well designed, and more inclusive. I'm actually looking forward to see what Inno come up with.
GbG was set up correctly, league system wasn't. There should be more leagues and it should be much harder to progress up. These days many guilds having 1000lp in Diamond while having exactly 0% change of winning against the real deal guild.

zod1ac

Private
what happens to gvg can happen to other features in a same way. only a matter of time. refuse to improve while promise to not removing it then use the impact as reason to remove (replace or whatever term used) the feature latter

Last edited:

Grof Z

Corporal
i just realiZed ... they masked killing GvG with this " Guilds Update " announcement / thread ... so we dont have a specific thread about it ... or voice complain about it ... and as all with INNO .. just pushed under table

so ... do we make thread about GvG and this kill.mode INNO is on ?! or we will be directed to this thread again ??!
I mean .. if this is about "Raids" ... then we need GvG thread

Deleted member 127677

First, after careful analysis and consideration, we decided to shut down the Guild vs. Guild feature. And second, we are happy to introduce its immediate successor — the brand-new Guild Raids!

First line of the announcement. This thread is as much about shutting down Gvg as about the immediate successor. I take as much out of the lack of outrage about Gvg closing as I do about people welcoming some successor that everyone can play. I mean, they could have course truly have ‘introduced‘ Guild Raids rather than say we’re doing this, no details. But as far as I’m concerned, there is no need for a separate thread. Since we know nothing, however, about Guild Raids yet, maybe take the opporunity to comment in the vein of hoping it will be a worthy successor to Gvg and not another feature where people need to spend 24/7 in game. interesting and strategic and a team effort. Please also include an opportunity to use all those medals that guilds have been stocking up for nothing otherwise.