• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

it is sad to see gvg gone... maybe it is a bit late to say but still better than nothing.

i like gvg but the reset time at GMT 8pm is a midnight for me which i cannot keep up. however, gvg is another level of game compared to gbg. gvg invloves more on strategy and planning beforehand (which is more than gbg), and whole guild effort (similar to gbg as real time competition), it is a joy to work with many guildmates to achieve something all at the same time, from brainstorming the plan to busy fighting. unlike gbg that would require 24hr effort for 10 days, in gvg people usually busy for an hour (or few hours), then can rest a bit and wait for the next move. somehow it can help for some real life and game balance, and that is important to keep us playing without quit. that's also a reason that some people dont like to do gbg but they do gvg, especially for those already tired of, or burnt out, from playing / helping like doing an unpaid job in gbg, while they also have a full time job and real life they need to take care of.

unfortunately gvg is now coming to an end, and quantum incursion (guild raid?) is already launched in beta.
so let's move on and hope for another better game...

personally i would hope inno can retain some features of gvg into the new guild raid, such as, multi-era map, each era requires / limited to that particular era of troops and goods to do with, the maps are opened to all guilds on that world (even cross worlds may also work, like GE is including all guilds in the same server), and real time competition.

since quantum incursion already lanched on beta today, after taking a look and playing awhile, i have some thoughts..

if i understand correctly, the quantum incursion (QI) consist of two parts, one is a settlement for each player, and the second one is another kind of GE with different levels, but it is on a map (so called QI map) that all people in the guild can see the progress, so this map is like a guild progress map without other guilds. to help the guild move to the next incursion (or next encounter/stop for easier understanding) on QI map, each player will need to get themselves enough resources / "power" (eg. troops and goods) to help them doing well on each encounter (incursion).

so my first impression of QI is, a combination of GE and settlement (???!).
it sounds like a guild doing their own thing without actual competition like gbg/gvg that you can see guilds racing on a sector. what we can see is only the final number / ranking / % like GE.

that's sound not very fun or interesting though... i was expecting some exciting racing/cutting/blocking/action related etc lol

well i have a thought, or idea, though...

- each player has his/her own settlement to get resources that help them to do incursion on QI map, and help in a guild private settlement
- each guild has a private settlement to build up resource, by donation (eg, troops, goods), and by helping on production like people putting coins/supplies to get to goods/production building working (so it is not only donation). that would need all guild members to help
- QI maps consists of 2 parts, guild QI map and multi-era map (with real competition on map), and will use guild resource (both real treasury and QI treasury) and players' resources (both real in city and QI settlement one) to procced. the guild QI map is what beta is doing at the moment
- for multi-era map, a guild can choose which era to do, or do on many at the same time. each era consist of different paths with sets of encounter/incursion, and limited to use resources from that particular era. so it is kind of gvg features. those eras will be all eras: IA, EMA, HMA, LMA, CA, Indy, ME, PME, Prog, CE, TE, FE, SAM, SAV, SAAB, SAV, SAJM, SAT. (so many) ii think may also put on requirements in some incursion of guild QI map, that the guild to complete some encounter in some era map to get those incursion done etc
- for example, for multi-era, when players do an incursion in path on an era, they need to open it with a cost of move (which is now on beta), and they need to use their own troops or troops from real treasury in that particular era to tackle the fight, or negotiation with their own goods or from real treasury of that particular era. but for the guild map and AA map, it is different. for guild map, players need to use their own QI troops and goods, and for AA map players need to use those from QI treasury or their own QI stock.
- for multi-era map, all guilds can see the progression of other guilds and some incursions allow competition. some incursions have different difficulties/limitation, to gain access/complete the encounter. if possible to add in some competition features, then the "completed" encounter can be "broken" (like a path broken/blocked) by another guild attack/steal/win it, so the guild need to "repair" the path/encounter before they can keep on progressing on the path. each incursion will have a period of time to lockdown. it would add some fun to see guilds racing/beat each other on an incursion too

...guess these are my thoughts and hope inno will take a look think about them. i really hope some real racing in guild, and some gvg features can be retained - as that's what made gvg different than other online games, also why FoE is unique :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I've been trying to follow the QI beta release but tbh it's hard to get excited about something that appears to have been created from what in my opinion is the most boring thing ever added to the game ie settlements. With the addition of pages and pages of complaints and negative feedback about QI on beta and discord.

There appears to have been a huge bait and switch as gvg was guild vs guild and when first announced QI was named guild raids which sounded more like a guild raiding a guild type scenario.

With the addition of the explanation of gvg not being available on mobile hence not being played much or popular and a month+ of QI being on beta still and for some unknown reason QI isn't available on mobile.

The whole thing stinks of something being rushed through without any thought of the actual game play and the mobile version wasnt even half developed. NO other new addition to the game since 2015 when mobile version came out had been held back so long for a mobile version even on beta. Yes there's a delay on testing for new events etc till the next store updates but guilds trying to test something when a significant amount of players in the guilds can't even test it is just beyond comprehension. Especially on something thats been highlighted as being playable on both comp and mobile. Either the mobile version was way behind the comp version in terms of development or they wanted to reduce the initial bad feedback by at least 50%.

So at some point when it's released on live no doubt the mobile players will get to deal with whatever bugs haven't been spotted on beta due to a rushed mobile release. Not that I'll be playing it anyway, I've read more than enough to know yet another useless timewasting addition is being added to the game.

Philodus

Corporal
I've been trying to follow the QI beta release but tbh it's hard to get excited about something that appears to have been created from what in my opinion is the most boring thing ever added to the game ie settlements.
I never thought I would read this comment. Everyone seems to LOVE the settlements and here I'm wondering why I hate them so much.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I never thought I would read this comment. Everyone seems to LOVE the settlements and here I'm wondering why I hate them so much.

When they first released the viking settlement it was that boring and repetitive they had to buff yggdrasil and runestone amounts 6 months after release to get players to play it. Tbh that's the first time I've ever seen anyone use the word love in the same sentence as settlements.

Even with the new buffs they're planning I wouldn't even attempt another one.

Affy.

Corporal
I have enjoyed GVG but not in the later years .. when the bots came , too many double acounts , prob not allowed to say this.

But RIP GvG .. wasnt for everyone but It kept me playing for sure .

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The info is in the announcement link
Screenshot_20240312_110905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Philodus

Corporal
Tbh that's the first time I've ever seen anyone use the word love in the same sentence as settlements.
I'm guessing the entire reason they are releasing a new settlement is because lots of people play it (the opposite being GvG). Besides that, I see settlement buildings in almost every city I visit. Not to mention all the detailed guides out there! I never see anyone complaining about settlements. Infact, the recent Polynesia announcement only got people excited.

I actually got myself to watch a guide and start my first settlement last week as I thought I was the crazy one. :D

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
I actually got myself to watch a guide and start my first settlement last week as I thought I was the crazy one.

You are. It is to much work for mediocre rewards. Even with the substantial buffs. The way it is going those will be nothing compared to special buildings in no time, which means a lot of work for nothing.

Philodus

Corporal
You are. It is to much work for mediocre rewards. Even with the substantial buffs. The way it is going those will be nothing compared to special buildings in no time, which means a lot of work for nothing.
Being a new player I'm somehow interested in the emissary upgrades. Like getting +16 FPs from the town hall or 100 current age goods which can be of huge help while moving into a new age. I doubt I'll continue these to get the upgraded building.

Last edited:

Galechade

Corporal
Being a new player I'm somehow interested in the emissary upgrades. Like getting +16 FPs from the town hall or 100 current age goods which can be of huge help while moving into a new age. I doubt I'll continue these to get the upgraded building.
Ignore agent327. He's a former mod with absolutely no people skills. He's incapable of responding to anyone without insulting the person he is responding to. You play the game you want to pay and ignore his childish behavior. Happy forging! :)

Nidwin

Sergeant
It's also not that much work, daily, it only takes months to complete the entire main settlement building. I enjoyed them all and doing now the only remaining one for me, Egypt. What I also enjoyed with the settlements is to find out ways to be more efficient, speed up a bit the process, without looking out for guides on the web. And the coming upgrades, including emissaries, are great.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
yet again the makers just do as they please and ignore players wishes, not even a vote on weather gvg should remain or go, how dare anyone just wipe out a side of the game that players have been playing for such a long time, it shows a total lack of care for the players, this new raids thing what happens when players have played it and spent the money on it and the makers decide they want to scrap it in the future ? no one gets a say not even the players, just pass the word on around online about this firm and how they treat there players

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Will Sunday night reset be the last one or will there actually be a GVG reset on Monday night?
updates usually happen on Monday mornings. I think Sunday is the last reset/calc, but no one actually knows, and the announcement left themselves wiggle room for the timeline on when it actually happens.

IF everything goes according to plan, Monday night's reset should never happen because gvg will have been removed during the day.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
How dare they! The General Terms and Conditions clearly state they are obliged to hold a vote on decisions like this!

I am sure they will hold a vote that time.
lol what like they held a vote on nerfing the attack gbs ? from 5% per level down to 3 % ? like the vote they had about gvg being forced onto players when it was first out ?
every time this firm wants to make a change it does it without the players wishes ever taken into account. spend as much as you like build your city up the way you want it and then sit back and watch it all count for nothing when these nerds decide they want to change it all around again, and make weak players stronger and the strong ones weaker. still i have given up now on 2 others worlds i only have my main world left and i am online about 2 hours a day now, so they are not making a single penny from me again and i dare say there will be a few more who will not support this game anymore.
but i guess this company can do as it wishes but never again would i ever play any of there games and certainly never spend a penny as they do not deserve any customer loyalty