• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

Grof Z

Corporal
were is DISLIKE when U need it :)

exaKli ... this thread is more about RAIDs .. then about feature - U said you wont remove (INNO) ...
so we really need thread about GvG ...

or atlest change name of thread - Big News for Forge - We are killing GvG

L0rien

Private
Its possible with GVG ending that a lot of accounts will cease playing if rumours are true... has always been thought that players from big GVG guilds control multiple accounts and play GVG from several different guilds in order to control the map...Inno could find that there are a lot less actual individuals playing this game than they thought!

Deleted member 127677

Its possible with GVG ending that a lot of accounts will cease playing if rumours are true... has always been thought that players from big GVG guilds control multiple accounts and play GVG from several different guilds in order to control the map...Inno could find that there are a lot less actual individuals playing this game than they thought!
And is that a bad thing? I personally had enough of the obvious multi accounts, someone even coming on to flaunt their second account on Global, guilds knowingly helping them do so. 100% good decision to stop it.

Deleted member 127677

As for Guild Raids, and that wish list — people are speculating that it is a feature like something out of Elvenar. If true, do please make it something fun and playable, not just collecting goods or producing x productions in whatever building, we have that in events and daily quests already and *it is not fun!*. If you want to replace Gvg with something, make it a full on fight for the whole guild, and strategy, not just an interminable event-style feature. I suspect if it’s the latter, it will die a very quick death, after having been thoroughly slated in every forum.

L0rien

Private
And is that a bad thing? I personally had enough of the obvious multi accounts, someone even coming on to flaunt their second account on Global, guilds knowingly helping them do so. 100% good decision to stop it.
its good the alts will go, but there may be a lot of empty guilds...less guilds, less competition and a poorer game

Deleted member 127677

its good the alts will go, but there may be a lot of empty guilds...less guilds, less competition and a poorer game
It’s not competition when someone‘s alt is used as ghost guild, or when guilds raise accounts to act as that ghost. I’m happier with fewer guilds if there are real players in them who can only do one lot of battles a day.

BarraG

Private
Actually the reasoning is very transparent and truthful. Neither has InnoGames ever claimed not to be a business; all gaming companies must pay their developers or there would be no games for anyone to play. The fact is, that around 1% of active players play GvG (I myself am one of that 1% so of course am sad to see it go), and the feature is resource heavy and cumbersome and it would be extremely difficult to change any of that, with no guarantee that the result would be a functional feature. Games must evolve to fit the needs of modern players. I understand change is difficult however, but the reasoning given is genuine.

What is going to happen the Support pool with GB's that have it is going to move over to the this new thing that is coming ?

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
What is going to happen the Support pool with GB's that have it is going to move over to the this new thing that is coming ?
This will be addressed in the coming weeks, along with any other common questions which arise until then.

Affy.

Corporal
Interesting to see so much interest now there’s an announcement that Gvg will be discontinued, while there was very little for a long time that I could see, when there were complaints about bots and overt cheating. For those who wanted their guild kicks, and the chat and the planning, there has been the option of outside channels for a long time, and many guilds have used those also, even to the annoyance of others who wouldn’t. Now we are missing that also?

How many in any of your opponent’s guilds (and how many of those are there, really?) play? It’s 1-5 maybe, in most Gvg guilds in my world, and judging by the Gvg based ranking board, there are maybe 15 guilds who have any Gvg players at all. Thats about the same amount of people as my full guild. In my full gaming world.

No they don’t. The more accurate statement is that many people continue to play only because of Gvg. That base has diminished fast. Most people who play don’t even have a computer to play Gvg on.

Sounds like you’re describing Gbg, right there. The only reward from Gvg for everyone is prestige, beside that, how does it give anything more to the guild members than GbG does? Also, if your guild has not created an atmosphere where you plan for and participate in your successes, then I guess you won’t see Gbg that way, but the one thing that does come very close to that Gvg feeling is winning one or multiple races in Gbg, and yes, it’s fully possible to plan for, and execute, and who are you doing it against if not live players? You also race against time, if your opponent is active. If the next move is to say but they aren’t, well, that seems to be the state of the Gvg maps too for the most part, there is precious little fighting on them at least in my world, since you know, those ‘fighters’ aren’t actually fighting, they are mainly holding land. Most guilds holding land at the moment consist of 1 or 2 active Gvg players. Nobody is even trying to land or take out the land held by others. And that is the way it has been going for about a year. If it is different in your world, I understand that you may be more upset about the change than I am, but I very much doubt most worlds are anywhere near as active as people like to think.
They have talked about fading out GvG for years , it is no fun anymore when Guilds hold all sectors and swap every reset . I love GvG but to me the fun has long gone with the cheating

Hektik Keef

Private
erm - how does that even make sense given the big botteneck at GVG is being on at reset at 8 PM GMT...? you cant fight multiple profiles at same time...?
OK- i will give you is big players at big guilds on servers egregiously cheating by selling profiles on to save having to build peeps up or so can have them running ghosts (is 2 big guilds on EN4 who notorious for it- they have CHOSEN, FREEDOM*, sorry, freely- to do this mainly for rigging GBG for farming purposes tho, i was less of thing before GBG came along)

As ever, ike al forms of multi-profile cheating, nothing was done even when report it. (I been told previously by mods that even a cheat admitting they cheating does not count as proof "because they might be joking"
But you cant bolster fighter numbers on at sime time like that, and thats the chokepoint.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Can I ask if there is no longer going to be GVG, then what is happening to the Support pool, already is has dissappeared off of the Guild profile and yet My Observatory is ? Still producing it...to what end may I ask of is this a reward I no longer recieve for my Guild and if so and there is no use for it, what is the replacement Reward going to be or like so many redundant GBs I can just get rid of it as is no longer any use ( apart from Giving some Guild goods ) I probably Donate that meagre amount at least 10x that every week anyway

Mysty.

Private
GVG encouraged fighters to move up eras as to fight on the AA map you needed the highest age troops. In GBG we find many players camping in low eras but fighting with the higher age troops they get off the campaign map and story quests. And the speed they fight at is impossible to Race with Titan troops and the attrition cap hardly hurts them, I hope that this has been considered and there will be some motivation for players to age up.

pipo69

Private
Pff, just watched the promotional video for the succesor of GvG. What a big hoax. It is a mix between GE and the cultaral settlements. And no replacement for GvG at all.

You will have to rebuild off city settlements every x time to gain upgrades for buildings that you can use in your main city. Perhaps that I will test them but just like culturual settlements I think full will be over soon.

The cultural settlements I did complete to get the big reward buildings. And after that I soon forget about it since the 50FP or something to complete yet another one is just not worth.

By looking at the video I did not see any Guild vs Guild interaction at all.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Just looking remotely like a settlements is enough to give off a bad vibe for me.

Settlements were like Marmite, either you loved them or hated them. I hated them. The later releases I didn't even look at.

I did two because of the value of the buildings at time which are still reasonable buildings but not something I would start settlements for again now, they've started to get overtaken on value. Now I can't open settlements without even feeling dread over the grind they created. Certainly never saw them as a fun addition. Just seeing the new raids (or whatever its called) with a similar design on some pages is a bad thing.

I'll give it a go when released and see how it is but if there's any of the functionality of settlements it'll be a short test. It was one of the worst additions to the game.

pipo69

Private
What big reward buildings???????

Ygdrassill, Sun Temple, Shinto Temple, Royal Bathhouse.

The smaller buildings from the settlements for time rewards were once very usefull to replace SoKs. Though after last year they are all replaced by new event buildings.

Agent327

Overlord
Ygdrassill, Sun Temple, Shinto Temple, Royal Bathhouse.

The smaller buildings from the settlements for time rewards were once very usefull to replace SoKs. Though after last year they are all replaced by new event buildings.

Yggdrasil, yes, but the other buildings were never worth the effort. Same goes for the smaller buildings. Only thing worthwhile from the Settlements are the Emissaries and the reason for that is that you can put them in your town hall and forget about them.

Agent327

Overlord
Seems that we have a different opinion.
For example: If you have a new city and have no space for Alcatraz then getting 10 unattached units from the Royal Bathhouse each day plus some FP is most welcome. Definitly if you compared with all the generic buildings that you can place.

If you have a new city and no space for Alcatraz, do you have the means and resources to do a settlement???? Do you at that time really need that many units?

All you have to do is wait for an event to get a better building with less effort. There is one every month these days.