• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
This is a feedback thread for the announcement posted here. Please leave any comments, questions or feedback below. Thank you!

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
Awesome well done at last what the majority have been asking for, I assume guild raids will work on mobiles ?
Looking forward to it.

Ev4ma

Captain
Alright thanks inno for ruining the game. I love GvG but nope you don't care that many do. You don't care about your playerbase.

I love GvG it was the only thing keeping me in the game, thanks inno. You said you wouldn't get rid of it but you did.

Really disappointed. I regret every single penny I spent on events now.

Now I'll lose my escape, the one aspect of the game I loved, at least I will keep my memories. If you proceed inno, I will be losing the one thing that cheers me up after a bad day.

Reading the announcement alone is making me cry.

Last edited:
I'm assuming main city stats won't be applicable to the Guild Raids? Making excesss units irrelevant... hopefully there will be plenty of fighting opportunities otherwise new players will have no hope of catching up to everyone who has already farmed the heck out of GvG and gained billions of ranking points. It seems like this is going to be GE style with the look of leaked assets so less likely to be farmable for fights :(

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
I didn't like GvG from the beginning. Played a little to get a knack of it just to find that it wasn't my cup of tea. Besides that it became playing ground for top Guilds. Any other have no chance to gain any benefit from it. I hope that Guild Raids would be better and beneficial to all Guilds regardless to their size.

cristi1984

Private
Thank you Inno, for this great holiday gift! As above, though i was forced to play gvg in the top 3 guilds i;ve been, i never liked its flaws. Also, the hour of gvg reset in my country is the worst possible for my family and that feature of getting to play at fixed hour everyday, i hope you eliminate it in Guild Raids.
Good luck and dont; worry about the gvg fans (mostly using gvg's bugs/flaws), they will get replaced by even more players, espcially mobile players.
All the best! Made my day and hardly wait for the changes!

frank246

Private
you guys have gone crazy, this is the only reason many of us are still online after 10 years in this game, it's all about money, and that's ruining the game.
GVG doesn't make any money, which of the mobile players will still be active in 10 years.
RIP GVG and the great ones that made it with it

you guys have gone crazy, this is the only reason many of us are still online after 10 years in this game, it's all about money, and that's ruining the game.
GVG doesn't make any money, which of the mobile players will still be active in 10 years.
RIP GVG and the great ones that made it with it
Let me guess, Guild Raids will cost use if we want to achieve anything

Let me guess, Guild Raids will cost use if we want to achieve anything
the only thing y'all forget is that if the big players leave the game they won't invest anymore in gbg and the game in general

Lykan

Private
I am looking forward to this change because I find the current GVG to be less rewarding and it makes the guild progression slow if not more than 10 people are actively engaging in this gamemode

BarraG

Private
By not including GvG on to mobile platform this is natural step as the excuse to why because "only a very small percentage of our player population actively plays GvG." and "GvG cannot be accessible on mobile without a significant technical overhaul." You could of made an effort and built it better for mobile ... GBG is not better as I believe you have only address half of the problem still not balance as you still have small guilds been push out with the cost of goods and/or squashed when in Diamond league but I am still wait to see if that is the case that will be fix.
And to have Guild Raids on the drawing board already it is no surprise either to replace GvG ... so you have know for a long time that it was going to be replace ... Just sad to how you guys go about thing at times... with tuff crowd to deal with as well.

Question will this game go down in history as one of the great ones to play or not?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I've played gvg about half a dozen time, primarily because the browser version used to be useless when the game was in beta and for about 3 years after and I held off playing full time till mobile version came out.

Shouldn't make no difference to me but there's a lot of long term players that have played it for a long time and I've seen numerous new players start and absolutely love gvg, They've started the game playing in my guild with minor gvg activity and moved over to others specifically for gvg, always wished them well. Yes we have gbg now and yes apparently there's something new coming out but going off recent releases it's probably going to be half thought out and not a comparison. I don't like the way this has been announced before raids is even available to try, sounds like another bait and switch.

It should be left as is and let players that want to gvg continue it's never made a difference to the players that didn't want to gvg and given players that did want to gvg something to do.

Thekla Proud

Private
I am so bitterly disappointed to read of these changes. As a long time player and avid GvGer I am devastated that you INNO should just end it.
We laptop/PC players are the stalwarts of FoE and you take away the best feature of the game.
GvG is what keeps many of us going and is far more interesting and fun than GbG!
It would and should have been a better idea to have got your developers to sort mobile players into GvG than introduce a greed making feature GbG that has truly messed FoE.
I really hope this stupid, short- sighted decision is reversed or I will have to consider whether to stay or go.

Hektik Keef

Private
The slowest of slow sarcastic handclaps for inno- at not only breaking their promise to keep gvg, but also for probably;y killing off the long term players who form backbone of the brains trusts on the servers and who spent years building guilds to fight on the one part the game that required fast thinking and speed of action and split second teamwork-

we will mourn the split second teamwork, the nanosecond wins on sieges, the DA drops to save a sector

Will the replacement need split second teamwork?
i - doubt it. it WILL have a big buy diamonds button in the middle of the screen, and you will be more able to pay your way out of lack of planning or other trouble easier than in gvg i bet....
I think ts 7 years now playing. with no gvg i doubt i will see 8 roll round.

Yes GVG is imperfect- BUT- it is unique in the game, and its imperfections- some add as well as detract- and the major flaw of reset at fixed tie is EASILY fixable by putting gvg reset on 23hr or 25 hr timer so it slowly moves round the day as calendar months rotate almost.. everyone would get a chance to fight round 24hrs that way.
But no. beancounters chasing diamond sales dont like fact its a part game that favours slow future plannning and long lead times and player growth stuff.

So now they kill the part the game that keeps lot the big old players playing.

what will happen next?

sadly i se no future- inno are roke and tryng towring more money from falling playerbase, and are gonna lose lott long term dedicated players with this change.

And no this poxy raids replacement is NOT gonna cut the mustard. it sounds like pvp for guilds, and pvp sucks, is no teamwork.
So curses- it was good game while it alsted. Sadly, inno ripped the best bt out and ruined the overall game in doing so.

i wont be playing a year after gvg endss, mark my words. I will keep touch with friends made over whatsapp, and prob go play eve online...

What a terrible change by Inno. GvG is one of the oldest aspects of FoE, and it's where teamwork was most crucial. While GvG was limited to browser players, it only took up a maximum of one hour of your time.

And now they'll probably introduce some nonsense similar to GSP. Inno is worthless with their ideas

Dinkymon

Private
Thank you Inno, for this great holiday gift! As above, though i was forced to play gvg in the top 3 guilds i;ve been, i never liked its flaws. Also, the hour of gvg reset in my country is the worst possible for my family and that feature of getting to play at fixed hour everyday, i hope you eliminate it in Guild Raids.
Good luck and dont; worry about the gvg fans (mostly using gvg's bugs/flaws), they will get replaced by even more players, espcially mobile players.
All the best! Made my day and hardly wait for the changes!
sad to see an end to the best part of the game

this did make me laugh though

Matt999

Private
I see they're binning off the last remaining part of the game that hasn't got a use for diamonds through the guise of "it is too expensive to maintain" when it was riddled with bugs that were never fixed anyway. Disappointed - it was part of the game that people play for the spirit of competitiveness, not to greedily grab at the free fps that GBG gives.

I have only been able to play GvG for 6 months of the year because all the activity takes place over a 15 minutes period immediately after recalc each day, and for 6 months of the year it is about 2 hours before I wake up each morning. I believe it is discouraging for most of our guild members to participate in an aspect of the game that requires them to be logged on at a specific time each day, and is an genuinely active component for such a short time. In the new Guild Raids I hope it can be actively played around the clock to encourage more active players across the guild to participate in this part of the game..