• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
i first starting playing back in 2012, there was no gvg back then, the game was attack the hoods for points and try to win the pvp championship,

i remember the outrage when gvg first was brought in, inno changed the attack gbs down from 5% per level to just 3% level 10 was the max attack boost you could have,
there was so many people all saying they will quit the game as the new gvg was showing itself up to be a huge farming quest and people were flying up the ranks etc
i was number 2 at the time and was chasing hard on number 1 spot but when gvg came out there was no way i could match the cheats that worked out how to swap sectors etc, anyway i quit the game in disgust at how inno just brought it in and not a care about its players,
all these years on and they still just do as they please and swap the game around without a care about the players who play the game

i came back a couple of years later and had to start the game anew so anyone who is thinking of quitting the game i would suggest they dont delete there city just in case they might come back again

i feel sorry for many of my friends who have been playing gvg for such a long time, its just been a big part of there game, i have only used gvg for extra points i attack sectors for the points only i never take sectors, so its always landing zones, i have no interest in gvg other than that, it will not be a big loss for me
i will wait to see what inno bring in to replace it as i will miss my extra points i can make from gvg and already there have been such big changes in gbg that have hit my points making hard, before i decide what my future will be,
anyone who does decide to quit the game i would urge them to not delete there city like i once did as you might come back later on and find you can enjoy the game again like i did but as i say i will wait and see first this time sorry for all gvg players who will lose there game i am angry at inno for doing what they want when they want as they really treat us the players as nothing we dont matter but that is my only moan at this stage
I remember it well Friend :)

Laaaaaa

Private
I didn't like GvG from the beginning. Played a little to get a knack of it just to find that it wasn't my cup of tea. Besides that it became playing ground for top Guilds. Any other have no chance to gain any benefit from it. I hope that Guild Raids would be better and beneficial to all Guilds regardless to their size.
I am part of a relatively small guild(17 players), and I find we can do good damage in GvG. About half our players are on mobile, and they are more than happy to let browser people handle GvG for the guild. We are in Diamond/Platinum League GBG, and with GvG added on we can stay in the top 30 guilds pretty consistently. Even when it was just me and a friend, we made alliances and managed to get ~1/4 InA map.
In conclusion, I find that even small guilds can still compete in, and gain rewards from GvG. You have a valid argument but I disagree, and I will be sad to see GvG go.
Thanks for reading, and have a nice day (:

Laaaaaa

Private
I have only been able to play GvG for 6 months of the year because all the activity takes place over a 15 minutes period immediately after recalc each day, and for 6 months of the year it is about 2 hours before I wake up each morning. I believe it is discouraging for most of our guild members to participate in an aspect of the game that requires them to be logged on at a specific time each day, and is an genuinely active component for such a short time. In the new Guild Raids I hope it can be actively played around the clock to encourage more active players across the guild to participate in this part of the game..
I do agree that the time zone requirements are unusual, and do not make it easy, however I do find that even though I can't do recalc fighting, I still do a lot of contributing to GvG. I do share your views on Guild Raids, I hope it doesn't have strange time requirements. Have a nice day (:

Laaaaaa

Private
All I really have to say is that, out of all the guild features in this game, GvG was the only one where I really dreamed. I imaged the feeling of conquering so many sectors they couldn't fit on the screen, getting all my friends to amass huge armies to smash through entire sectors, etc.
My point is, this was the only feature that made me dream of being the best. GE was just the ATK stats and a Traz for units, same for GBG. Now I may not have gotten those amazing high stats or high level Traz, but it still felt trivial. Like a chore, required to be done but not willingly. GvG was different. I imagined being better, using others as help, with strategy and planning, factors I couldn't eliminate by leveling a GB.
In conclusion, I feel Inno is making a mistake. GvG is imperfect beauty. Guild Raids may be good, but I think it would be better in tandem with GvG.
If nothing else, I'll miss bonding with complete strangers over victory in a little hexagon. Hope you all find this well, and have a nice day (:

Last edited:

KDS-33

Private
That is the entire problem. Inno doesn't make money with diamonds in this game so it gets chopped. All long-term players that came to FOE just because of GvG get a straight hit into the face. GVG gets replaced now with some other Elvenar feature copy to produce more diamond sales. That's all about. I just hope that greed becomes a boomerang one day.
Comment on Discord from one player already a century playing FOE:
"Inno forgets that it's not all about direct diamond spending and excel sheets. The side-effects of GVG is socializing, ppl creating communities (guilds, etc), alliances, wars, thrill and activity. Many GVG fighters are also the driving forces in the guilds and it's players. Killing GVG will make a lot of those GVG fighters leave the game, I suspect and the side-effect will be a less active game overall. So the question is, will FOE survive this? Probably. It all depends on whether they can attract new players to patch up for the loss of players and make them keep spending - I think that is very likely they will succeed at that. From a business perspective, a minor hit, perhaps, but they may profit in the end
That said, I think shutting down the coolest part of the game is a very sad thing"

Deleted member 127677

according to the announcement....
Q: What will happen to the GvG rankings
A: They will be frozen in time in their state at the shutdown to commemorate all the impressive achievements by Guilds

the only real reflection of how gvg finished was yesterdays rankings, after the announcement was made today guilds may start doing things they have never done, some may try to improve their standings to make them look better than they ever were, others might band together to topple the top guild, who knows but with the end of gvg in sight then theres no consequence to actions taken over the next few months
In fairness, many guilds stopped playing Gvg months ago, not least when the discussion about what should replace it was happening on beta. The writing has been in the cards for a good while, anyone who didn’t see it coming must have been doing the see no evil routine.

As long as I can buy and spend more diamonds it seems a great idea! Can we have very expensive diamond perks in this new feature pls?

Galechade

Corporal
From the research I have been doing since this announcement first came out..... The new Raids is basically GBG played on a Continent map with Incidents like in the Settlements. Not only will guild goods be required, but so will coins and supplies. Just another Inno version of Farmville. If Inno wants to keep its base of players who made this game, they need to make Raids real time fighting against other guilds just like GVG is. None of this sector swap meet crap every 4 hours. GE has nothing to do with guild cooperation/fighting for sectors so its totally out of the equation. If Inno spent as much time on actually fixing the game as they do on "events" all the time, GVG would have been fixed along with GBG. All this "add a little something here" and "add a little something there" does nothing for the game. The name of this game used to be Forge of Empires. That used to mean fighting to make your guild's empire bigger and better. Now its Fragments of Empire because of all the fragment from buildings to bonuses to now even fragmenting any fighting to be done. Well done Inno. Fragments of Empires should do well amongst your 13-18 year old mobile players. Oh by the way, they aren't the ones with credit cards to buy dimes with. Most of that was done by those of us 30 and up. And Kyrael, don't believe everything Inno tells you. You will learn they distort facts and figures to follow their narrative. Most of us old timers learned that years ago. I know you have to repeat what they tell you to say, but most of us know what they will say before they ever tell you, since its the same thing time, after time, after time and has never changed in years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I have to agree, GvG was the only thing that kept me playing this game for so long 10+ years now. Even with all of its flaws (Endless Bots, Fake Accounts, Ghost Guilds) it was still the best feature of the game, friends and alliances we made, enemies too, but I have to agree with other posters, the social aspect should not be underestimated, hours of planning, negotiations with other Guilds, alliances formed and broken, friends becoming enemies, pride in getting to the No1 Guild, developing real strategies and not some mindless clicking of a mouse every 4 hours. GE and GbG are two very different features of the game, GvG was different and from what I can see of the replacement its going to be a disaster.. There needs to be a fighting component that is available for all Guilds small or big that has some competitive, strategic and Guild driven goals, available 24x7 and not some mindless Event driven task list for members to complete, they will get very bored of that very quickly. Please reconsider your decision :(

Dinkymon

Private
GVG isn't just about the fighters the whole guild is involved with goods support , unless you only play AA of course .
Comment on Discord from one player already a century playing FOE:
"Inno forgets that it's not all about direct diamond spending and excel sheets. The side-effects of GVG is socializing, ppl creating communities (guilds, etc), alliances, wars, thrill and activity. Many GVG fighters are also the driving forces in the guilds and it's players. Killing GVG will make a lot of those GVG fighters leave the game, I suspect and the side-effect will be a less active game overall. So the question is, will FOE survive this? Probably. It all depends on whether they can attract new players to patch up for the loss of players and make them keep spending - I think that is very likely they will succeed at that. From a business perspective, a minor hit, perhaps, but they may profit in the end
That said, I think shutting down the coolest part of the game is a very sad thing"
Totally agree many of the top guilds now were born from a GVG fighter wanting to create there own alliances and enemy's and wanting a strong team behind them , fighters and farmers . Many of those fighters are the ones I can see spend on there city's. It may only be a few from each guild that play , but the spirit of rank and achievement was shared by whole guild .

Affy.

Corporal
RIP GVG , this has been coming for some time , I am one of those long time players who loved ,loved GvG , then GE came along then GBG ..
Thankyou to the Gentleman that created GvG , I'm pretty sure he is RIP now too ..

A lot of those farming /swapping guilds will miss their daily routine at reset . but I for one who was in a small guild at the time and had no chance against those farming /swapping Guilds .. hope to hell the New GVG raids are fair to all Guilds . Small and big ..

Usually, when there are bugs or issues in a game, the game developer comes up with solutions. You might also think that the game developer is open to making changes to the game if there are too many complaints about a particular aspect, but we all know that Inno doesn't work that way.

Alright, regarding those errors/bugs; GvG had no errors. So, there didn't need to be constant adjustments, right? Only once in a while, when a new era arrives, they just have to allow new armies in GvG. I'm not a tech expert, but that can't be too difficult.

Scripts and bots have been around for years on all servers, and they claimed they couldn't control them or something, well, that's fine. The average GvG player went along with it and kept playing.

Every now and then, there was a suggestion to reset the maps so that everyone could start over, but nothing was ever said or done about it, and we were fine with that.

It's very clear that GvG is going away because Inno simply doesn't make any money from it. But who plays GvG the most? - The top players. And they spend diamonds!

And now, they're removing it because few people play it since it's only for the browser version. It seems like they want to turn FoE into a mobile-only game.

I assume that many will quit. There are still GvG guilds. They will fall apart because some are quitting.

Thanks to Anwar, we were able to enjoy it. He was at least a good game developer/programmer/designer.

I wonder if we will be informed when GvG is actually removed. I hope it won't just disappear suddenly.

By the way, it doesn't matter whether there are thousands of comments on this or just one. Inno decides something, and that's final; players' opinions don't matter.

*Neo

Private
i think it wont be a bad idea if Inno just stop doing few events and instead of that 2 month time could rework GVG from scratch, maybe add some adjustments to fix the known bugs. But finaly earn the money we players been spending here.

Laci Flogger

Private
Salutations,

I have been playing FoE for a very long time now, so while I have only made my way to the forums very few times, I find I now need to comment here as this implement changes everything for my game play past and present.

I have read all the posts here and I have had a long think on this, and it is just NOT okay.

Firstly, yes… INNO Games is a business and as all things in life change is inevitable.

However, in the business world there is a set standard or form of ethics that are followed. Most important of them are the legalities of all conduct and more so those that deal with monetary transfers. Now you INNO have your TOS in place and have not updated them in some time. You nullified or made GvG exempt from this set of laws governing your TOS when it comes to Guild VS Guild when you assured the entirety of your player base that you would not be doing away with it, but you would no longer be allocating any resources, time or fixes to this feature of the game. It has been just over a month now since you last stated GvG WILL remain a part of FOE. (Obviously I am in this 1%)

As you know you cannot in full or in part offer a good or service, tangible or intangible for monetary exchange then retract your part after collecting funds for that good or service.

My game play has been to build a city whereas I could create a guild that could sustain GvG and in doing this I had what I thought was security in investing in your company to achieve this. Only to find yesterdays’ Announcement via your in-game messaging system. I have put in somewhere around twenty thousand $20,000.00 USD + exchange tax.

My question then is, how long will it take you to process my due refund by means of your unlawful decision and business dealings?

I expect you will do rightful diligence in properly sorting all transfers of money. What was spent on city expansions, goods, GE attempts, GBG SC’s speed up and things of the like. Also, I know it is no fast or easy task to sort through what came from the auctions dealer and what was spent in diamonds in my inventory and city or what I won in your Events with and without diamonds. Moreover, assessing my good’s, Fp’s, coins, supply, and troops.

No, I do not wish for a game credit as you have lost my trust and security in any further investments in your company. You can reimburse my account you have on file.

As for the new Guild Raid application ... Should be most fun I presume!!! For players that have never experienced GvG… For me being a 9+ year FoE vet and starting over, I doubt I will continue with any of INNO Games.

enerva

Private
Another vet here saying goodbye to the game once the final curtain is drawn to the feature that made FoE The Game for me.
The split second decisions, outsmarting your opponent, surprising them with your tactic moves, honing your teamplay to the level where everyone knows what your team's next move is without anyone even needing to say it aloud... And yes, the gvg players standing out as the ones that keep things moving in guilds and all other things said above...
I have been forced to play gbg for years now by guild leaders because people are encouraged to think, mindless clicking to get rewards to do more mindless clicking (without all the outsmarting stuff) is the way to go. Gbg is for materialists. I'm not one, and I cant help it, gbg mindless clicking bores me stiff.
Happy gaming, for the lucky ones who enjoy it. Many ways to play this game, all of them the right ones.
Just, Inno is killing my way. I feel cheated. I want my money back! ;)

PS I can honestly say, i done my share of covering Inno costs of developing the game. Not a cent more from here!

IF GVG GOES AWAY--WE WILL TOO!!
Fighters, we should all take a stand & let INNO know that we are not happy with this decision of getting rid of GvG & we will leave the game! Many have been doing GvG since the beginning & enjoy it more than the other "fighting" features. This is one of the best parts of FoE that you could do together with your guild mates. It creates 'teamwork' & pride in your guild, earning rewards that help Everyone, where GE & GBG are all about the player working alone & expecting rewards for themselves. GvG is exciting & an adrenalin rush when you are fighting another guild in real time to see who would get the sector in the end. Everything else has gotten boring.
Yes, GvG could use a couple tweaks, like being on mobile & having 2 Calculation times (3 didn't work, but 2 might) so any player could join in. Many more would do it if they could try it out to see that it's fun, not scary or difficult.

INNO just wants to remove the part of the game that doesn't make them any money! We can't spend diamonds to take a sector or buy an 'additional line' of weapons, so why bother with it. They haven't made any changes, updates or improvements on it, but the die-hard GvGers still love it!

They aren't even telling us what the 'Raids' will be like. Will we be able to work together with guild mates? Chat while we make plans? Get rewards that benefit the whole guild? Is it in real time, or is it another "take-your-time' & fight/negotiate with AI? We don't need another anti-social, big rewards for the individual kind of game.
So, I'll start packing up my swords, tanks, & guns since INNO won't listen anyway....... ⚔️

Deleted member 127677

Interesting to see so much interest now there’s an announcement that Gvg will be discontinued, while there was very little for a long time that I could see, when there were complaints about bots and overt cheating. For those who wanted their guild kicks, and the chat and the planning, there has been the option of outside channels for a long time, and many guilds have used those also, even to the annoyance of others who wouldn’t. Now we are missing that also?

from our 70mmbr guild -30+ play GvG ...
How many in any of your opponent’s guilds (and how many of those are there, really?) play? It’s 1-5 maybe, in most Gvg guilds in my world, and judging by the Gvg based ranking board, there are maybe 15 guilds who have any Gvg players at all. Thats about the same amount of people as my full guild. In my full gaming world.

the inno player base for FOE will diminish FAST..... most people only play the game BECAUSE of gvg.....
No they don’t. The more accurate statement is that many people continue to play only because of Gvg. That base has diminished fast. Most people who play don’t even have a computer to play Gvg on.

It creates 'teamwork' & pride in your guild, earning rewards that help Everyone,
Sounds like you’re describing Gbg, right there. The only reward from Gvg for everyone is prestige, beside that, how does it give anything more to the guild members than GbG does? Also, if your guild has not created an atmosphere where you plan for and participate in your successes, then I guess you won’t see Gbg that way, but the one thing that does come very close to that Gvg feeling is winning one or multiple races in Gbg, and yes, it’s fully possible to plan for, and execute, and who are you doing it against if not live players? You also race against time, if your opponent is active. If the next move is to say but they aren’t, well, that seems to be the state of the Gvg maps too for the most part, there is precious little fighting on them at least in my world, since you know, those ‘fighters’ aren’t actually fighting, they are mainly holding land. Most guilds holding land at the moment consist of 1 or 2 active Gvg players. Nobody is even trying to land or take out the land held by others. And that is the way it has been going for about a year. If it is different in your world, I understand that you may be more upset about the change than I am, but I very much doubt most worlds are anywhere near as active as people like to think.

Grof Z

Corporal
How many in any of your opponent’s guilds (and how many of those are there, really?) play? It’s 1-5 maybe, in most Gvg guilds in my world, and judging by the Gvg based ranking board, there are maybe 15 guilds who have any Gvg players at all. Thats about the same amount of people as my full guild. In my full gaming world.

U should stop playing on DEAD worlds first ... and join some active :)
last night we got our ass kicked in 15 vs 20+ players on reset ... and thats just 1 guild ...
+ Graifental has active GvG ... had it alwayZ ...

Myrmidya

Private
Fighters, we should all take a stand & let INNO know that we are not happy with this decision of getting rid of GvG & we will leave the game!
So let's boycott the next event and not spend money on it. Check if it's really 1%.
Sounds like you’re describing Gbg, right there.
You probably never really played GvG mate :) not fully. It's not even similar. You should try it, feel the adrenaline rush while GvG is still here.

hondnl

Private
A real disappointment, the one aspect of the game that made guilds really work together.
And going the path of the simple mobile game is a wrong one , there are plenty of those already.
The uniqueness of FOE was that there was actually a bit of complexity involved.
Instead of creating new exciting mechanics that keep the user wanting to move forward, I fear the replacement will be a simplified version of GB , where there is no value in participating.
But we will see....

Please do no dumb down the game even more. I have played the game for over a decade, I remember colonial age coming up and GVG coming onboard.
GVG changed everything , that is where the real social aspect of the game started to come truly alive.

I you want to have a loyal user base that comes back and stays , you need to create a sense of community and personal achievement.
Now slowly you are changing the game , where the question arises for a lot of us , what is actually the point of dumbly clicking this button ?

I will keep around to see where this is going , but I am afraid if it dumbs down even more, I have to say goodbye.

Last edited: