• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

DeletedUser110102

if half your guild was not aware of the 3 resets then they are not even playing in GvG so your not a serious GvG guild and not able to speak for many people at all
First, we are a serious GvG guild as we are usually in the top 5 in rank.
Secondly, of course there are members that don't do GvG, they do GE & that's why we are always #1 or 2 in GE.
Next is that we have members from different time zones & we have our Main fighters & "part-time" fighters, as we call them. The part-time members from other time zones did not realize at first that they were fighting in a new reset time because we just put a call out for fighters to join in battles. Once they found out that they could fight on their own reset times, we got more participation. But suddenly the convenience is going away.
Also my guild chats a lot so we've had many discussions about this & I know most in my guild, along with many of my friends & allies in other guilds, want to keep the 3 reset times.
So all of this is what I'm basing my comment on, thanks. QL

Why not send a message out thru the message center in the game - that the 3 resets are going away - and then see what players think of the changes.

Don't do that - you will get a flood of responses - more than anyone in FOE wants to consider - just do whatever you are going to do - we will all deal with it or quit - but I suspect most will just deal with it as we have for many years now.

did you do piggy - lol - don't forget the towel over your shoulder

all sides have been cry babies on this thread if you want to call it that at some point,it needs peeps who like it in wotever way they like to play it to come together,,,give and take to make it better for all peeps

DeletedUser

And now we see Inno's biggest cock up yet, noon cac failed to run so they rest it manually and we have now lost control of 50% of the AA map and can't even defend ourselves, but our enemies can freely attack what were our protected LZ's.

This wholly unacceptable, and I don't care if the mods here edit my post because I am beyond caring, get some devs who know what they are doing.
This has just binned months of hard work and the loss of resources is unthinkable.

Agent327

Overlord
And now we see Inno's biggest cock up yet, noon cac failed to run so they rest it manually and we have now lost control of 50% of the AA map and can't even defend ourselves, but our enemies can freely attack what were our protected LZ's.

Cool! Since LZ's are supposed to be free for all I hope they make good work of it.

This wholly unacceptable, and I don't care if the mods here edit my post because I am beyond caring, get some devs who know what they are doing.
This has just binned months of hard work and the loss of resources is unthinkable.

You got to love Inno :lol:

DeletedUser7796

Well the 1 reset has come back and of cause the guilds that can be on at the time have taken many sectors again. Tried to hit at the 7am est but was told cal is going on. Well cal was not going on the switch to 1 reset was already started......... Thank for nothing. Now GVG will get controled again by guilds that can make that time at reset. This is bullsh it there should be more reset times if not 3 then 2 or the floating reset 3pm is no good for must in Est time cause you know what we work or for the kids they are in school.,......... Bull Sh it again

Milarepa

Private
I am a relatively new player (I've been playing for 9 months) so I didn't get a chance to participate in the "old version" of GvG, until yesterday...
You got to be kidding me. If this is what most people want, I must say I don't understand why. You ruined a perfectly good part of FOE by going back to these rules. The strategic element is gone from the GvG now. This is now about brute force and mindless clicking, no thinking required.
If 3 resets are the problem, fine - go back to 1 reset but keep the shields lasting 2 resets. Without it, GvG is a completely different game, one that requires no strategic planning, no cunningness, no thinking. People will now gather for 10 minutes per day and click auto-battle like mad, and who's faster will click more sectors away.
These rules completely exclude relatively new players from the GvG, because a player must spend years to acquire enough boosts to be competitive in a direct clicking face-off. GvG with these "old" rules has lost its appeal for me, it's a game for "dummies" now...

DeletedUser114202

I still don't believe that 3 resets was the problem, it was always the 'shield-push' that turned folks away from GvG, but after 2 months of testing and feedback inno in their wisdom decided to revert back to the old mundane rules that were slowly killing GvG. It's easier to throw away the baby with the bath water rather than work out a credible solution.

It wasn't the 3 resets - it was the Endless River of Tears here in the forum - and they cracked under the pressure of a few - typical in today's world of backboneless wonders

yeah its all complicated(scratches head) why tech problems?,,,,loads of peeps on wrong server for them?(they are all international),,,i thought i'd just sorted my situation out to fit in and do 3 resets if it went to US server(like they planned) by building a town there lol
and yeah it will revert to wot it was before like 3/4 guilds in AA doing their stuff they are only a very tiny amount of the peeps who actually want to do it,some worlds it will be a total lockout if those guilds have alliances/naps
inno should look into clearing maps monthly or opening more LZs to spice it up,at least some other peeps may get a chance early on with map cleaning(scratches head)

yeah,have now realised on 1 calcs i can do UK at 8pm and US at 1am(my fav time),3 resets would have been great on us server though for me lol(still scratching head)

Shad23

Emperor
if i'd be one who decides i'd keep 3 resets but change the times they are at like ( 8am server time , 3 PM and 11PM as times for the resets )
+
clear maps monthly
and
open more LZs to spice it up

if i'd be one who decides i'd keep 3 resets but change the times they are at like ( 8am server time , 3 PM and 11PM as times for the resets )
+
clear maps monthly
and
open more LZs to spice it up

i think on all servers(24) they must have gvg recalc set at 8pm local time?

Shad23

Emperor
i think on all servers(24) they must have gvg recalc at 8pm local time?
when they had 3 resets here where i am ( Québec Canada ) those were the times here when i saw the reset on ( en ) server on my local time not server time , i think those times would have fit player needs more then the times that INNO decided to put resets at , frankly how much of the players got up in midle of their night to do the one who was in midle of night for those with their local time was same as server time ?

when they had 3 resets here where i am ( Québec Canada ) those were the times here when i saw the reset on ( en ) server on my local time not server time , i think those times would have fit player needs more then the times that INNO decided to put resets at , frankly how much of the players got up in midle of their night to do the one who was in midle of night for those with their local time was same as server time ?

i suppose 8pm local on servers is time they think most people could play but people now work funny hours,i'm retired but i like us recalc time better and any that would have been 3 resets there,1am/9am/5pm it wouldnt have messed up my day/evening

DeletedUser50023

Now GVG will get controled again by guilds that can make that time at reset.

So those who can get fighers on at 8pm GMT vs those who had good coverage of all three times? That seems to be an argument that doesn't inherently make one option better than the other but rather makes people love or hate it based on which they can do. I am glad its back to one, as 8pm is the only time I can do, but I can see that others would prefer the 3 resets (or floating times etc) if they can't make that time.

Why not send a message out thru the message center in the game - that the 3 resets are going away - and then see what players think of the changes.

You think the opinions on the app would be hugely different to the forums? To be fair, I'd love to see that kind of data...

DeletedUser99588

Maybe;

8hrs shield standard from time of winning +extra 8hrs can be bought with mixture of treasury resources. Cost increasing significantly the more sectors you have with this option.

Calc is done on a rolling 23hr cycle.

Any landing sectors not owned by any guild are eligible to be taken over by NPC after every Calc. Including landing sectors not opened yet. Thus potentially opening up a closed border. The chances of this occuring increases the longer a sector goes without being owned by a guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114177

make a new rule, guilds should not have lower than 40 players. And you will see how one calc will be great for everyone. Currently there are more guilds than active players