• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

Emberguard

Legend
Ah. That makes more sense then. Not sure that'd actually improve guild member numbers or GvG participation but I agree in theory it sounds like a good number if you want to seriously compete.

DeletedUser114177

Ah. That makes more sense then. Not sure that'd actually improve guild member numbers or GvG participation but I agree in theory it sounds like a good number if you want to seriously compete.
Yes .. If you want to beat the big guild, you have to make the big guild yourself. And here I read only how they seek help for Inno to help them. They can do it all on their own with a little effort

Been away with work for 2 weeks so app only, just looked at GvG and I still hold the same sectors as before not a thing has changed!!!

BORING!!!!

DeletedUser

Yes .. If you want to beat the big guild, you have to make the big guild yourself

100% not true, I have a medium sized guild but only 5-6 regular fighters we have beaten the big boys, you all sit here and moan about this and that, perhaps if you put as much effort in to GvG you might get somewhere. :)

DeletedUser114177

100% not true, I have a medium sized guild but only 5-6 regular fighters we have beaten the big boys, you all sit here and moan about this and that, perhaps if you put as much effort in to GvG you might get somewhere. :)
You're a moaner. You're incapable of winning better than you, so you need 10 calc a day.
You just wait for help from the Inno, instead of putting in a little more effort

Milarepa

Private
Here is my list of suggestions on how to make GvG more dynamic and exciting than ever:

- 1 recalculation per 24 hours but recalculation doesn't affect the shields
- shields last 8 hours FROM THE MOMENT THE SECTOR IS TAKEN (obviously every shield will need a timer)
- 1 HQ move per 12 hours (one HQ move less than in the previous version to prevent so-called "worming" but the HQ move still has a significant tactical ability).
- sectors dropped by a guild cannot be retaken for 12 hours (to prevent drop/retake tactics but still can be used as a weapon if planned wisely)
- introducing a new object similar to HQ that gives 100% (or some other percentage) boost to DAs in a sector where it is. It can be called Stronghold or Fortress, etc. Similar to HQ, 1 Stronghold move per 12 hours. Cannot keep both HQ and Stronghold in a same sector, except when a guild has only 1 sector.
- all sectors give specific rewards to a guild if a guild holds them at the time of recalculation (for example, a number of goods for the guild treasury, boost for guild's units when attacking a sector, boost for guild's DAs, etc.) These rewards last for 24 hours, goods reward once per 24 hours.

Because there is no specific reset time for the shields, everyone can play when they have free time and no time zone has an advantage over the other.

make a new rule, guilds should not have lower than 40 players. And you will see how one calc will be great for everyone. Currently there are more guilds than active players

you should think about things proper if you cut the players interested in doing it now through something like wot you suggest if it came to the big heeve ho for gvg to be deleted you would be completly outnumbered,lol i know its only 4/5% doing it now but it could be down to 1%,,,,a guy said before 50 fights in gbg a day that wont be enough will it

DeletedUser653

Here is my list of suggestions on how to make GvG more dynamic and exciting than ever:

- 1 recalculation per 24 hours but recalculation doesn't affect the shields
- shields last 8 hours FROM THE MOMENT THE SECTOR IS TAKEN (obviously every shield will need a timer)
- 1 HQ move per 12 hours (one HQ move less than in the previous version to prevent so-called "worming" but the HQ move still has a significant tactical ability).
- sectors dropped by a guild cannot be retaken for 12 hours (to prevent drop/retake tactics but still can be used as a weapon if planned wisely)
- introducing a new object similar to HQ that gives 100% (or some other percentage) boost to DAs in a sector where it is. It can be called Stronghold or Fortress, etc. Similar to HQ, 1 Stronghold move per 12 hours. Cannot keep both HQ and Stronghold in a same sector, except when a guild has only 1 sector.
- all sectors give specific rewards to a guild if a guild holds them at the time of recalculation (for example, a number of goods for the guild treasury, boost for guild's units when attacking a sector, boost for guild's DAs, etc.) These rewards last for 24 hours, goods reward once per 24 hours.

Because there is no specific reset time for the shields, everyone can play when they have free time and no time zone has an advantage over the other.

Christ - GbG 2, why will some players never learn that to completely change GvG is not an option on the table, INNO will never spend the money, some tinkering with the present way of working like 3 resets or 23 hour resets maybe but why try and change to GbG2, we already have GBG!!!

And I play for sure twice years less than you do.
Just because you are incapable and you like to play alone, that's why you are where you are..
So dont cry pls

lol you dont know how long i've been playing i've had towns and deleted them,i've built a mars town on another world in the time i left nagach first time,i've built up 2 guilds from scratch to not bad levels and been in an 80 strong guild for some time,i still dont know how long for your town
wot i'm trying to say is in the announcement for gbg(spit) they say only 4/5% playing gvg so you dont want less people playing it or they will pull the plug,your 40 peep guild level will do that,i think from memory first time on nagach MA had less players than that?
best fun i've had in game is as a 1 or even 2/3 peep fighter guild(the guild may have had a lot more members at times),dont take any notice of my guild in nagach now that was a project part of it was not joining a guild amongst other things

DeletedUser117392

Well I'm out of GvG again, so the % will be even less (as will others from my country, and surrounding countries). The 24 hour reset timer, always puts reset at around 3:00am in the morning, in my part of the world - hence no point taking part if you have one hand tied behind your back (ie you log-on to see all shields, as reset happened overnight).

DeletedUser117392

These times really suck for Europeans, 4 am is just crazy!
This hugely favours players outside of Europe, e.g. if you're in Eastern USA (or Sydney after the upcoming DST changes in a couple of weekends time), your reset times will be 7am, 3pm and 11pm.
This doesn't seem right given the server runs of UK time.
Try living in a country where the old 24hour reset always falls at 3:00am in the morning.....favours people outside of Europe.....yea right......

Milarepa

Private
Christ - GbG 2, why will some players never learn that to completely change GvG is not an option on the table, INNO will never spend the money, some tinkering with the present way of working like 3 resets or 23 hour resets maybe but why try and change to GbG2, we already have GBG!!!

I was quite happy with 3 resets GvG. It was fun and exciting.
Personally, I find GBG boring and my suggestion is quite different from GBG although it has some similarities.
The point is to have a game that is playable all the time. GvG, as it is now, is silly. Players gather for 10 minutes per day and press auto-battle like crazy.
It's not fun.

DeletedUser99588

Devs are on their own worst enemy. It's pretty obvious reset and shield timers need to be seperated from one another. At the very least reduce shield time and you will start to see activity spread away from reset. Still think they should have a rolling 23hr reset as well. The strongest guilds will be those who manage the whole day successfully not just an arbitary 10 mins and would be more inclusive.

it does not matter how many members are in a guild as they wont all be doing gvg,you could have a guild of 5 with 4 doing gvg and a guild of 80 with only 1 doing it,no logic

Shad23

Emperor
to me this idea of international EN server is a mess,there are 23 other servers all around the world
i don't care about reset time with only 1 reset i'll go bact to my old strategy fight when ppl are sleeping
but
if they would have been more creative with the timers they could have placed them at hours where ppl are actualy up and playing instead of 3am or 4 am like 8am for 1st one 3pm for 2nd and 11pm for 3rd those where my local time at the server reset times

DeletedUser117866

I really cannot fathom how going back to a one time reset at 8 pm can be advantages to all the spreads of the time zones. Really ??? I do agree that the 4 am one was rather difficult for some but not for others. So let's split apples here and at least look at a 8am and 8pm reset giving all time zones a fair chance to interact and have fun . WIN-WIN situation

I really cannot fathom how going back to a one time reset at 8 pm can be advantages to all the spreads of the time zones. Really ??? I do agree that the 4 am one was rather difficult for some but not for others. So let's split apples here and at least look at a 8am and 8pm reset giving all time zones a fair chance to interact and have fun . WIN-WIN situation

its a mess