• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser112219

Guild Battlegrounds is coming! Read all about it here and please be sure to leave your feedback below!
I love the new battlegrounds but have one huge complaint.why do u make people pay diamonds for a fourth guess in negotiations. That is some pay to play b/s if u ask me.

DeletedUser96901

I love the new battlegrounds but have one huge complaint.why do u make people pay diamonds for a fourth guess in negotiations. That is some pay to play b/s if u ask me.
because negotiation shouldn't be successful in each try

fighting ends at a point where is impossible to beat the enemy no matter what your boost is
negotiation not. even if you run out of goods you could get new goods from other guild members (especially in lower ages it makes much sense that higher aged players give their good from GB which they don't need anymore to them)

I personally even think they should not only increase the amount of each good for negotiation
but also the amount of goods to offer like in GE. in GE it is up to 10 things at level 4 (or even more ?)

and then the 4th try from tavern would make sense
when you have 10 things to chose from you need the 4th one

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Please change the opponent troops after a successful negotiation.
I am in Industrial Age and cannot win against Jaeger Infantry. They are called "light units" but have a range of 6. So they are in essence "ranged units" without the weaknesses of actual ranged units I mean when facing fast units. And they can hide in forests, singing "You can't touch this (oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh)"
I can still negotiate when the Level of Attrition reaches above 30 but cannot win through fight when the Level of Attrition is below 10 (or 5).
I was hoping the opponent troops would change after an "advance" but after negotiating once, and twice, the opponent troop is still the same mixture composing largely of Jaeger Infantries. Think about GE. If I cannot fight this encounter, I negotiate, and maybe I can fight the next encounter.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

Please change the opponent troops after a successful negotiation.
I am in Industrial Age and cannot win against Jaeger Infantry. They are called "light units" but have a range of 6. So they are in essence "ranged units" without the weaknesses of actual ranged units I mean when facing fast units. And they can hide in forests, singing "You can't touch this (oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh)"
I can still negotiate when the Level of Attrition reaches above 30 but cannot win through fight when the Level of Attrition is below 10 (or 5).
I was hoping the opponent troops would change after an "advance" but after negotiating once, and twice, the opponent troop is still a mixture composing larly of Jaeger Infantries.
the troops change when you win a fight in a different sector

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
the troops change when you win a fight in a different sector
I did not know that. That is good advice. But it kind of lead (back) to the bigger/real issue:
Restrained by Leadership Grand/Grandiose Large-Picture Strategy there is limited sectors allowed to fight, really there is just one sector fightable.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have a brilliant idea and am confident beforehand that it is going to be "lit" (as in "on fire", "viral) :D --
Members in the guild who don't participate in GBG should accumulate "negative attritions" (like "lubricants" or "boosters").
There should be a "negative attrition exchange center" within the guild, or, just add such "negative attrition" as another "product" in the guild-only trade market.
This way all members even inactive in terms of GBG can make contribution just by being in the guild and active members can gladly participate more.

What do you guys think about this idea? Any good?

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
I have a brilliant idea and am confident beforehand that it is going to be "lit" (as in "on fire", "viral) :D --
Members in the guild who don't participate in GBG should accumulate "negative attritions" (like "lubricants" or "boosters").
There should be a "negative attrition exchange center" within the guild, or, just add such "negative attrition" as another "product" in the guild-only trade market.
This way all members even inactive in terms of GBG can make contribution just by being in the guild and active members can gladly participate more.

What do you guys think about this idea? Any good?

So get some zombies to join the guild, use their -ve attrition to advance further and have advantage over other guilds. sounds like a plan..

daltorak

Private

Don't spend diamonds.... just give up on a negotiation and try again. And give up as early as possible.... e.g. if a negotiation has 6 goods and you get 4 "Wrong Persons" + 1 no-match, your chances of successful negotiation after 3 rounds is extremely low so don't bother trying.

I think Inno was way to generous with the crown rewards. What we can get from GBG would take us months of GE to achieve. Guilds will move up in Level very quickly. What is the point of having HOFs anymore? GE now becomes basically for player rewards only, GVG becomes pointless and GBG takes centre stage.
I was going to build an HOF farm, so much for that idea... : (

DeletedUser1622

After few days only in battlegrounds, at least a thing became clear: leaders should be able to see who is fighting at a certain moment in a province or other. Some players ignore by mistake or on purpose the strategy adopted by the guild leaders and alliances are ruined and the general atmosphere is poisoned. The log menu provides only few info, I suggest to be improved at a level of a good, really useful tool for the strategists of a guild

DeletedUser10694

I agree but no strategy is needed in this feature. Its just a mindless game of battles and who has the most troops,goods and diamonds. Its not like you can even put a stop to another guilds siege, just sit and watch while they take the land, nothing u can do about it, then from there protected land they launch another and so it goes on. Boring & you dont need a brain to play it.

DeletedUser10694

Having played it for about 3 days, this is what I have posted in my guild.

Having spent 3 days or so looking at how it works, I have come to the shared conclusion that in its current format, its a pointless exercise for little in return and potentially a high cost in troops/goods and if your a negotiator, diamonds. You cant even use extra turn on your tavern, so your mostly forced to use diamonds, which is all inno want you to do. Any guild can just take your land, even from protected land they own and worm there way through you, and you cant do anything to stop them, just sit and watch while they attack your land over an hour or so, then onto the next and next. So in that respect, there is no strategy to battlegrounds, just mindless soul destroying battles for no other reason other than u can earn more VPs for the guild. So on that basis, as a guild, we are not going to spend much time or effort in this new feature until inno make some fundamental changes to it operation. By all means, have a go, if u enjoy it fine, but its not for this guild at this moment in time and we wont be putting any effort into what land to take or not take. If it were possible to cut someones land off from there starting position, rendering any orphaned land from it unable to launch attacks or continue with attacks, then you have a chance to develop a strategy. As it stands, unless I understand it wrong, all you can do is sit and watch while your basically ghosted to use a gvg term. At least in GvG you can remove a siege and more importantly, u cant launch further attacks from protected land unless u put an hq in it, in gbg u can just carry on ghosting until u run out of troops or goods or basically, stamina.

Shad23

Emperor
@ Misty Genesis am with you on this i had a huge outburst yesturday in my guild i was mad cause there is no way to defend no strategy just a clic fest but then got over it and said i would help guild no mater what they decide
but i realy do agree that GBG needs tweeking and should have been tested further befor hitting live servers

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Battlegrounds .... another unpolished feature prematurely released by Inno, but I'm not gonna criticize Inno for this, I'm gonna criticize the beta players for not giving enough negative feedback to make Inno rethink this feature and polish it more before releasing it, what is the purpose of beta server and beta players if not to do such things ....

and now i will start criticizing Inno
so lets talk about battlegrounds in my views

Guild Reward system for positions unbalanced ...

Guild Power income Golden League
1st place 273k
2nd place 239.1k
3rd place 216.1k
4th place 203.7k
5th place 201.6k
6th place 199.5k
7th place 197.4k

looking at this, why would my guild even try to be 1st and waste enourmeous amounts of troops, player goods, and guild goods to achieve first place when we can sit back, do nothing, and only get 76k less?

now lets look at the rewards for players participation
a building that gives guild goods? WOW, amazing, we really need that one next to our 2 mil of each goods in SAM, and 5 mil of each goods in VF and 3 mil of each goods in OF that we actually have nothing to spend them on ... wooohoooo !!! while constructing buildings demands goods from lower ages and still there is no Guild Trade system in which we can exchange our high age guild goods for lower age guild goods while having 90% of our guild in Space Age Mars .... by having Inno not introduce a feature that uses OF VF SAM goods, we come to a fact that Arc's 2nd bonust (guild goods) and Atomium main bonus (guild goods) and Obs 2nd bonus (guild goods) have absolutely no use, except for GE, and I won't even comment on GE except the reward system in GE is junk junk junk junk junk and just more junk, and that I did a detailed comparison between a lvl 12 ToR and a lvl 60 ToR and that the only difference between a level 12 and 60 ToR is that with a level 60 ToR you get more junk that you don't need and won't even use, as a matter of fact, over the course of 2 months comparison, I recieved more terrace farms and FPs from a level 12 ToR then from a level 60 ToR .... AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about the lack of ability to defend your sectors that you have conquered and the demand for constant attention from players to battlegrounds because hey, you waste 100-150-200 attacks on some sector, deplete your units and goods for negotiation, then you build up buildings and spend guild goods to do so, just to hold something for 4 hours without the ability to defend it and fence off the attackers, if the attackers conquer the adjacent sector 30 mins after you conquer yours they have a 30 min advantage to take yours without you having the ability to defend, it's ridiculous ... AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about negotiations in battlegrounds, only 3 turns with no ability to use the 4th attempt trough the tavern boost ... :) AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about Virgo Project, it seems that the original intention of Virgo Project was for it to be used for Battlegrounds, as you can not use it in PvP or GvG, only GE and Battlegrounds, but you need to invest 21711 NET FP to get it to level 45 to have a a 64.72% chance with ONLY 5 attempts! and that at level 104 with a cost of over 100K NET FP, you still only get 5 attempts, and that it is unknown after which level you will get a 6th attempt ... AWESOME WORK INNO!

Inno seems to want us to leave our real lives behind with a span between events with only 2 weeks giving us no time to recover any resources, and with the introduction of battlegrounds which demands constant attention, and with the introduction of 8h reset GvG which demand constant attention and only play FoE FoE FoE FoE so that we can be successful in it, you would think that after all the money that has been invested in to Inno games by their diamond buyers, that they would actually care to bring us some balance in the game, as they seem to have forgotten or not realize at all that the beauty of FoE was that it used to be a balanced game, and that it wasn't a pay to win game, allowing players who can not afford to spend money on the game, or to spend a lot of money on the game to stay competitive with the diamond buyers, but the game is becoming more and more imbalanced with some AWESOME WORK on feature updates by Inno Games ....

now lets talk about tons of GB's that absolutely bring nothing to a player, there are 39 Great Buildings in the game, out of which at least 20 have poorly designed bonuses and in reality have no use, and aren't being built by 90% of FoE players except by noobs who don't realize that those buildings aren't actually needed for anything like ND, DT, RFP, AM, DC, SBC, Babel, LoA, RaH, FoD, Habitat, SV, Colosseum, Capitol, VV1, Atomium, SN, LT, GS, Oracle ..... now I'm sure there will be some troll or noob who will comment on this and say that some of these buildings are useful and needed, and to that troll I will say up front that if you think that these buildings are worth the Space and FP investment, over what they bring to you for the investment, you really need to rethink and do some math about it, as this is a math game, and if you are really eager for me to write a summary of why these buildings are a total waste of Space and FPs, I will, but be prepared for a long post, and be prepared to read it in detail and think about it before you continue to comment on it

The only thing Inno will achieve with this is the loss of # of players, because players will simply start being fed up with constant bad updates and will start searching for a new game :)

I'm sure I will bring more negative feedback over the course of the next few days ... enjoy the read

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have a (another) good one:
The new RBG (Red, Blue, Green) feature is great.
Serious I am actively "researching" the colors. The color "aqua" means greenish blue -- "precisely halfway between green and blue" according to wikipedia.

Roc8

Corporal
Battlegrounds? Biggest waste of time, troops and resources. Great if you only play on mobile. But for the majority of us, this is nothing but a fiasco and a diamond pit.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Battlegrounds .... another unpolished feature prematurely released by Inno, but I'm not gonna criticize Inno for this, I'm gonna criticize the beta players for not giving enough negative feedback to make Inno rethink this feature and polish it more before releasing it, what is the purpose of beta server and beta players if not to do such things ....

and now i will start criticizing Inno
so lets talk about battlegrounds in my views

Guild Reward system for positions unbalanced ...

Guild Power income Golden League
1st place 273k
2nd place 239.1k
3rd place 216.1k
4th place 203.7k
5th place 201.6k
6th place 199.5k
7th place 197.4k

looking at this, why would my guild even try to be 1st and waste enourmeous amounts of troops, player goods, and guild goods to achieve first place when we can sit back, do nothing, and only get 76k less?

now lets look at the rewards for players participation
a building that gives guild goods? WOW, amazing, we really need that one next to our 2 mil of each goods in SAM, and 5 mil of each goods in VF and 3 mil of each goods in OF that we actually have nothing to spend them on ... wooohoooo !!! while constructing buildings demands goods from lower ages and still there is no Guild Trade system in which we can exchange our high age guild goods for lower age guild goods while having 90% of our guild in Space Age Mars .... by having Inno not introduce a feature that uses OF VF SAM goods, we come to a fact that Arc's 2nd bonust (guild goods) and Atomium main bonus (guild goods) and Obs 2nd bonus (guild goods) have absolutely no use, except for GE, and I won't even comment on GE except the reward system in GE is junk junk junk junk junk and just more junk, and that I did a detailed comparison between a lvl 12 ToR and a lvl 60 ToR and that the only difference between a level 12 and 60 ToR is that with a level 60 ToR you get more junk that you don't need and won't even use, as a matter of fact, over the course of 2 months comparison, I recieved more terrace farms and FPs from a level 12 ToR then from a level 60 ToR .... AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about the lack of ability to defend your sectors that you have conquered and the demand for constant attention from players to battlegrounds because hey, you waste 100-150-200 attacks on some sector, deplete your units and goods for negotiation, then you build up buildings and spend guild goods to do so, just to hold something for 4 hours without the ability to defend it and fence off the attackers, if the attackers conquer the adjacent sector 30 mins after you conquer yours they have a 30 min advantage to take yours without you having the ability to defend, it's ridiculous ... AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about negotiations in battlegrounds, only 3 turns with no ability to use the 4th attempt trough the tavern boost ... :) AWESOME WORK INNO!

now lets talk about Virgo Project, it seems that the original intention of Virgo Project was for it to be used for Battlegrounds, as you can not use it in PvP or GvG, only GE and Battlegrounds, but you need to invest 21711 NET FP to get it to level 45 to have a a 64.72% chance with ONLY 5 attempts! and that at level 104 with a cost of over 100K NET FP, you still only get 5 attempts, and that it is unknown after which level you will get a 6th attempt ... AWESOME WORK INNO!

Inno seems to want us to leave our real lives behind with a span between events with only 2 weeks giving us no time to recover any resources, and with the introduction of battlegrounds which demands constant attention, and with the introduction of 8h reset GvG which demand constant attention and only play FoE FoE FoE FoE so that we can be successful in it, you would think that after all the money that has been invested in to Inno games by their diamond buyers, that they would actually care to bring us some balance in the game, as they seem to have forgotten or not realize at all that the beauty of FoE was that it used to be a balanced game, and that it wasn't a pay to win game, allowing players who can not afford to spend money on the game, or to spend a lot of money on the game to stay competitive with the diamond buyers, but the game is becoming more and more imbalanced with some AWESOME WORK on feature updates by Inno Games ....

now lets talk about tons of GB's that absolutely bring nothing to a player, there are 39 Great Buildings in the game, out of which at least 20 have poorly designed bonuses and in reality have no use, and aren't being built by 90% of FoE players except by noobs who don't realize that those buildings aren't actually needed for anything like ND, DT, RFP, AM, DC, SBC, Babel, LoA, RaH, FoD, Habitat, SV, Colosseum, Capitol, VV1, Atomium, SN, LT, GS, Oracle ..... now I'm sure there will be some troll or noob who will comment on this and say that some of these buildings are useful and needed, and to that troll I will say up front that if you think that these buildings are worth the Space and FP investment, over what they bring to you for the investment, you really need to rethink and do some math about it, as this is a math game, and if you are really eager for me to write a summary of why these buildings are a total waste of Space and FPs, I will, but be prepared for a long post, and be prepared to read it in detail and think about it before you continue to comment on it

The only thing Inno will achieve with this is the loss of # of players, because players will simply start being fed up with constant bad updates and will start searching for a new game :)

I'm sure I will bring more negative feedback over the course of the next few days ... enjoy the read

If you don't like the game don't play it and as for Beta Players, have you read the forum over there we told them from day 1 things that were needed to be implemented before it went live

and just because you play your game a certain way don't assume everyone plays your way

DeletedUser10694

Battlegrounds will fizzle out over the next 3 to 4 weeks. When u have a feature that lets people plough through your land, even from locked down sectors they have won whilst all you can do is sit and watch, is not only pointless but requires no strategy at all. Its just a fight fest with little reward for the effort needed to play it, let alone costs. I'm bored with it already and its only been 3 days. If there were some mechanism where you could take a piece of land from an attacking guild that orphans all the land that runs off it from the starting point, such that they can no longer attack land until they have found a way of reconnecting it, and loose any progress they made on attacked land, fine. Then u can develop a strategy and it makes participation more interesting and worthwhile. The buildings carry a hefty goods cost and the times to build are so high that by the time they are built and come into effect, your land has lost its lockdown and gets attacked and taken. Unless of course you spend 50 diamonds per instant build. I guess that's what inno are hoping u will do. Now that maybe even worth doing if there were some way to slow down or stop an attack, instead of just being able to sit there and watch another guild attack the land while u can do nothing to attack there adjacent protected sector they are hitting you from. Such a badly thought out game design, but to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Need to fix lag in GbG - when 2 guild attacking 1 province, the stats are not updating, so you need to go out and in many time if you want to know what is going on....sometimes its updating, but still fight counter isnt correct till you not go out and in.

Building build time.
Palace, outpost, fortress, decoys, traps is building longer than 4h, but sector is secured for 4h, so you need to use diamonds. This game suposed to be free right?