• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
It would be useful if each province had its own unique designation unlike 4 provinces being designated as for example D4 and then this "alien" names which are really difficult to memorize and not to completely butcher when you're trying to write next 2 or 3 target provinces. Names can stay but give each province its unique designation as GvG sectors have.

I have an issue with my chat window in GBG on PC. If I minimize it - not closing it; just dragging it to smallest size - then every time I go to the GBG map, it's expanded. The when I leave the GBG map - going into a battle or back to the city - it's minimized again.
A bug? It's annoying, cos it covers too much of the GBG map. I would like to keep the chat open, but as small as possible.
Anyone else has this problem?

Edit: It looks like the chat window jumps back to the default size it has, when you log into the game (unless it's closed),
Don't like that. If we set the chat window to a different size than the default, it should stay that way in all parts of the game. It doesn't on he GBG map right now; it jumps back to default.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
It would be useful if each province had its own unique designation unlike 4 provinces being designated as for example D4 and then this "alien" names which are really difficult to memorize and not to completely butcher when you're trying to write next 2 or 3 target provinces. Names can stay but give each province its unique designation as GvG sectors have.
Perfectly reasonable request for unique designations, just gonna point something out though in case it helps you

The numbers are determined by which “ring” the province is sitting in. Instead of saying the full name you could say D1 B or D1 Bru instead of its full name (D1 Brurat Andgiry)

Took a screenshot to help put a visual to the positions of the provinces. The left boxes are the positions, ignore the boxes on the right that’s just VP for that map.
unknown.png

woody432

Private
Hi, I've read all there is on Guild battleground and still a little confused about a couple of things
1. Attrition...can some one explain this a little clearer pse
2. The use of goods. Personnel and guild goods which do we use for what things.
3. GB's.. which ones are used on GbG.
4. and that " statue of honour" is it worthwhile and how much work is needed to get it to level 5

DeletedUser113125

I would also like to be able to cancel sector flags as a founder.

Deleted member 109369

So far we have

Rights for placing and removing flags
Player logs for activity
Being able to see who is attacking
Attrition costs are high
Being able to see who a sector belongs to without clicking on it
The ability to highlight a sector/flag to focus attacks
Extra turns from tavern for negotiation

What else :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118161

Hi, I've read all there is on Guild battleground and still a little confused about a couple of things
1. Attrition...can some one explain this a little clearer pse
2. The use of goods. Personnel and guild goods which do we use for what things.
3. GB's.. which ones are used on GbG.
4. and that " statue of honour" is it worthwhile and how much work is needed to get it to level 5
1. Attrition: each time you fight or negotiate for a sector does your attrition increase. It makes each bit of progress more and more difficult, but it also resets every 24h. This forces players to manage their military units as well as goods on a daily basis and not to spend too many of these, and, to time their use to when they're needed the most and to save some when your guild is in the lead for example. But burn through too fast during the first days and you may have exhausted yourself at the end of the 11 days. Finding the right strategy in managing your attrition will play an important role to your success in GBG. You'll find your current level of attrition in the top left corner. Here is a picture of an attrition of 1 after a single fight:

1573912345502.png

So in the next fight do I have to fight units with a 2% attack and defense bonus, while negtiations will still only cost me 1 good each turn.

2. As said above can one fight or negotiate to advance on a sector. Your personal goods are used for the negotiations. Guild treasury goods are only needed for placing buildings such as banners and outposts after a sector has been taken. It's not necessary to place a building on each sector, but as each building gives advantages can one spend guild treasury goods here to gain over the competition - or to make their life harder. These buildings can however be quite costly and deplete a guild's treasury quickly. If your guild often has to struggle to unlock GE levels for example, because you frequently lack the goods, then you should be vary careful here. Hence it also has a special right that your guild leadership can assign to members before they can place buildings in GBG.

3. There are currently no special GBs dedicated to GBG. However, many of the existing ones do find a good use. So do the attack and defense bonuses from Zeus help in the fights (if you choose to fight), the goods coming from a Tower of Babel help with negotiations and an Observatory helps with producing goods for your guild treasury, just to name three GBs here.

4. The Statue of Honour at it's highest level gives you 6FPs when motivated and a good chunk of coins, too. That's not too bad for a 3x4 building. It also gives guild power and donates goods to your guild treasury, which makes it useful for GBG, GvG and as well as for unlocking of GE levels. When you do 2 out of the 3 regularly then you probably want one. Here is a picture of it's stats for the Late Middle Ages:

1573913732766.png

woody432

Private
1. Attrition: each time you fight or negotiate for a sector does your attrition increase. It makes each bit of progress more and more difficult, but it also resets every 24h. This forces players to manage their military units as well as goods on a daily basis and not to spend too many of these, and, to time their use to when they're needed the most and to save some when your guild is in the lead for example. But burn through too fast during the first days and you may have exhausted yourself at the end of the 11 days. Finding the right strategy in managing your attrition will play an important role to your success in GBG. You'll find your current level of attrition in the top left corner. Here is a picture of an attrition of 1 after a single fight:

View attachment 20047

So in the next fight do I have to fight units with a 2% attack and defense bonus, while negtiations will still only cost me 1 good each turn.

2. As said above can one fight or negotiate to advance on a sector. Your personal goods are used for the negotiations. Guild treasury goods are only needed for placing buildings such as banners and outposts after a sector has been taken. It's not necessary to place a building on each sector, but as each building gives advantages can one spend guild treasury goods here to gain over the competition - or to make their life harder. These buildings can however be quite costly and deplete a guild's treasury quickly. If your guild often has to struggle to unlock GE levels for example, because you frequently lack the goods, then you should be vary careful here. Hence it also has a special right that your guild leadership can assign to members before they can place buildings in GBG.

3. There are currently no special GBs dedicated to GBG. However, many of the existing ones do find a good use. So do the attack and defense bonuses from Zeus help in the fights (if you choose to fight), the goods coming from a Tower of Babel help with negotiations and an Observatory helps with producing goods for your guild treasury, just to name three GBs here.

4. The Statue of Honour at it's highest level gives you 6FPs when motivated and a good chunk of coins, too. That's not too bad for a 3x4 building. It also gives guild power and donates goods to your guild treasury, which makes it useful for GBG, GvG and as well as for unlocking of GE levels. When you do 2 out of the 3 regularly then you probably want one. Here is a picture of it's stats for the Late Middle Ages:

View attachment 20048
Thank you so much

EdTheGreat

Private
So far we have

Rights for placing and removing flags
Player logs for activity
Being able to see who is attacking
Attrition costs are high
Being able to see who a sector belongs to without clicking on it
The ability to highlight a sector/flag to focus attacks
Extra turns from tavern for negotiation