• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
By that logic there’s either no such thing as a multiplayer game or the majority of ”single player” games are mislabeled as being multiplayer.

If you’re in single player then you can’t participate in GBG, GvG or GE because those are multiplayer. Your continent map is single player because you’re not versing or interacting with anyone except the AI

Forge of Empires from the start has had plundering you couldn’t opt out of, 2 map boosts per age and aiding. If this were single player none of that would be part of the game as you’d be self sustaining without events. Even the event buildings you’d want to replace goods buildings with mostly have needed to be aided to produce anything. You’d have to go about things in a very specific manner to avoid multiplayer in FoE and even then you can’t turn off plundering or aid (aside from not unlocking PvP)
i did say the guilds were there to help you but there is no need to have them other than for them to be there to help players, as far as i know you can play gvg, ge, gbg etc on your own, and many people are now playing on there own or in small 2 or 3 man guilds of the same age to help with good costs and because there smart enough to see you are not going to have a fair fight in gbg,

when i first started playing all the help from a guild was pol / mot, trade goods without having to spend fps, and joining fps swap threads, but most players arranged swaps with there friends, and you can have 80 friends so that is a lot to help you without a guild, so maybe there are a few jumped up guild leaders who post on here who think there mr or miss wonderful and in charge of a few sheep who follow them so there ego gets the better of them, as they must try to prove the benefits of a guild, yes they can be very helpful but they can also become monsters with people who run them worse than a forum mod for trying to impose rules on players who just want to enjoy a game and have fun. i managed to get to saab quick enough without much help from guilds and the guild i am in now is a sleeping one where we help low players move forward without rules or regs or bosses, anyone who knows me knows how i hate rules or mod types who enjoy there finger power, so there is no way i could be in many guilds as its just so tempting to tell guild leaders where to go

Powe

Brigadier-General
you honestly need to ask why its wrong ? do you get pride out of winning a postion that you could never of won on your own ? why dont you just join a better guild that can win in there own right ? you seem to have lost the concept of being an independant guild and all its members pull together to win so they can be proud of winning, now your just a guild that can only win if others help you to win,
If you're in a guild you're teaming up with other people and achieving a victory you can't achieve by yourself.

r21r

Major-General
If you’re in single player then you can’t participate in GBG, GvG or GE because those are multiplayer. Your continent map is single player because you’re not versing or interacting with anyone except the AI
then we won't see 1 man guilds in diamond, nor 1 man guilds within the top10 on gvg ?

GE ok, they putted min 3 cities before you enter the rankings

Single-player would mean no interaction with other players AT ALL.. It's not possible in this game. As posted above you can't get past Bronze without interacting with other players. Bronze quests require you to invite and aid friends. As soon as you interact in any way with just one other player, the game becomes multi-player. In a single-player game it's only you and the AI.
But you can play solo, of course, if that's what you want, in a one-player guild, and take part in GE, GBG and GvG.

r21r

Major-General
Single-player would mean no interaction with other players AT ALL..
and interaction would mean both sides not 1.
you don't need any other player to advance to SAAB unless story quests or tech tree asks you to visit taverns ? or be aided by other players ?

and interaction would mean both sides not 1.
you don't need any other player to advance to SAAB unless story quests or tech tree asks you to visit taverns ? or be aided by other players ?
True. Interaction is mutual, of course. You're not interacting with other players just because you invite them as friends (to solve the invite-quest in Bronze). But as soon as they accept the invite, it's interaction = multi-player.
Not sure you can go all the way to SAAB without interacting with other players.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
True. Interaction is mutual, of course. You're not interacting with other players just because you invite them as friends (to solve the invite-quest in Bronze). But as soon as they accept the invite, it's interaction = multi-player.
Not sure you can go all the way to SAAB without interacting with other players.
It would be a very long journey, getting all those goods needed for research and sourcing the prints you might think you’ll need to help you along the way

Advanced in SAAB around 10 days ago and expect SAAB goods will be required in GBG this season. But would never expect they would be required in 3 different provinces with amounts of between 2500-2800 SAAB goods for one SC. And we only held 8 different provinces so far so its required in almost half of them. I'm the only one in SAAB and being just one player in an era should have a very low chance of having that era goods required? And if it does should it not be required in low amounts?

This is either a very unbalanced feature and a serious downside of GBG or a pure extortion so people would be forced to spend money

r21r

Major-General
Advanced in SAAB around 10 days ago and expect SAAB goods will be required in GBG this season. But would never expect they would be required in 3 different provinces with amounts of between 2500-2800 SAAB goods for one SC. And we only held 8 different provinces so far so its required in almost half of them. I'm the only one in SAAB and being just one player in an era should have a very low chance of having that era goods required? And if it does should it not be required in low amounts?

This is either a very unbalanced feature and a serious downside of GBG or a pure extortion so people would be forced to spend money
friend, i haven't checked it many times, but 2 times i noticed (when i was the only city of an era) costs have to do with who is attacking the npc's.
idk how crazy it sounds, but when i didn't logged at all in the game for the 1st day of Battlegrounds, i never saw costs of my era.
I saw them only on NPC's i attacked.
if you can, check it on the next round, i could be wrong but i wouldn't have noticed it.

r21r

Major-General
It would be a very long journey, getting all those goods needed for research and sourcing the prints you might think you’ll need to help you along the way
ezelprime did that journey in 6months or less, made a diamond guild and entered top 10 with GvG.
as long as you can buy goods for diamonds, no matter if we would use it, the game has an obvious single player aspect.
harder or easier, for the casual players or for the spenders and diamond miners, is another story but doesn't makes the game "only" multiplayer.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Iron Age to Future era in 1 jump would do it Goremise, 10 days constant farming with Hovertanks V Iron Age units would of done it,, well done r21r

Last edited:
friend, i haven't checked it many times, but 2 times i noticed (when i was the only city of an era) costs have to do with who is attacking the npc's.
idk how crazy it sounds, but when i didn't logged at all in the game for the 1st day of Battlegrounds, i never saw costs of my era.
I saw them only on NPC's i attacked.
if you can, check it on the next round, i could be wrong but i wouldn't have noticed it.
Thank you, that sounds very interesting and at this point I would be ready do try. The way this works currently - it is absolutely insane and can't imagine how they would release it like this to live servers. One year since GBG was implemented and it is still a horrible unbalanced mess of a feature. While game designers responsible for it stay silent and refuse to even come close to being asked about this issue yet alone to make a reasonable explanation behind how goods distribution work... Well it is time to raise another ticket and also post on beta forum as this one is being ignored.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
If you're in a guild you're teaming up with other people and achieving a victory you can't achieve by yourself.
of course you can win on your own, i win the pvp towers every week and have done so for years, i am champion every week on my own in my other world. its simple,
i wish there was a record for how many times a player has won the bronze era tower ? i never lose that one, mostly because no one else every tries to win it lol,

but this is the single player game, were 1 fighter proves he is better than the rest in his hood by, fighting the hoods, gvg, ge, and now gbg gaining points for themselves to be a winner,
the honour of having your name as champion in each era week after week is prize enough.

so i dont need a guild to win

now you say the idea is to team up with your guild mates and achieveing victory ? but that is the point a guild can not win on its own anymore, instead they cheat or manipulate the gbg maps, hardly winning on there own is it ?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Silly discussion, really :D and a little off topic. It's just because fatugly called FOE a single-player game, which it clearly isn't.
well it clearly is, you dont have to need a guild, i can win all i need on my own thanks and i can cause guilds problems on my own in gvg,

my only problem is this gbg manipulation by guilds, but then it just proves guilds can not win on there own the need to do deals swap sectors with other guilds so its not a competion anymore between guilds not like the good old single player way