• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
Is it technically possible at all to block guilds from working together in GBG? Can't stop no-attack-pacts or province swapping or special arrangements like you-take-left-side-we-take-right-side-of-the-map....
It would be extremely difficult to stop it outright and if it were successfully done it may be worse than having alliances present. With alliances the top guild has to share the profits with another guild. Without alliances you have to match the resources the top guild is willing to spend if you want equal footing or better

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
We had a brilliant season this round. We're not a top 10 guild full of strong fighters, and we're not "bullies" squeezing everyone else every season.
But we worked together with 2 other guilds this season, - guilds we've never had any relationship with before, - and it made us share 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions.
Why is that a wrong or an abusing way to play GBG?
you honestly need to ask why its wrong ? do you get pride out of winning a postion that you could never of won on your own ? why dont you just join a better guild that can win in there own right ? you seem to have lost the concept of being an independant guild and all its members pull together to win so they can be proud of winning, now your just a guild that can only win if others help you to win,

you honestly need to ask why its wrong ? do you get pride out of winning a postion that you could never of won on your own ? why dont you just join a better guild that can win in there own right ? you seem to have lost the concept of being an independant guild and all its members pull together to win so they can be proud of winning, now your just a guild that can only win if others help you to win,
Actually, we helped the other two guilds we worked with to get better positions. We could easily have won the season without them.

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Actually, we helped the other two guilds we worked with to get a better position. We could easily have won the season without them.
well we can never know now who would of won as you admitted yourself how you combined with 2 other guilds not just 1 but 2 ? i think the idea of competing is slowly being killed off by players themselves, maybe its just like kids competing at school where everyone wins so no one ever feels like they have lost,

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I dont need to ask because IT ISNT WRONG
Get over yourself
Stop saying this is how alot of players feel and admit it all about YOU
i guess you must be another one of the nerds who enjoys cheating to win, sorry i mean playing within the rules but rigging the game to make sure you win. and you say its all about me ? if it was all about me i wouldnt be screaming for open and fair competition, i want to fight you and kick your butt in the game, i dont want you to beat me just because you hang on to the tails of other guilds, are players really that scared of losing that they even kid themselves into beleiving there playing the game in a fair way ? its not about me at all but about open and real competition. but i guess all the so called fighters and guild leaders are scared of such a thing, as they might lose. its fast becoming a game for babies only to play

We had a guild ask to work with us for sector swapping etc in the last round, we just ignored them and massacred everyone instead

They still ended up with 2nd but was a close run thing with the guild in 3rd

20201124_151301.jpg

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Gosh this thread is still going all this talk of “winning” and “cheating” zomg. You literally have no idea - the best guilds have literally no concern for points as the prizes are all very similar anyway, and the only reason we farm battleground is to provide opportunities for our members. “Winning” happens as a natural result of that. The worst guilds to farm with are the ones that don’t realise this, or rather who can’t control members who don’t. If your guild isn’t with the program then find a better one or ignore battleground altogether - but don’t bother coming here to tell us about it.. If you have suggestions for improvement then that may be interesting but if your idea is to remove camps then please don’t bother.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Gosh this thread is still going all this talk of “winning” and “cheating” zomg. You literally have no idea - the best guilds have literally no concern for points as the prizes are all very similar anyway, and the only reason we farm battleground is to provide opportunities for our members. “Winning” happens as a natural result of that. The worst guilds to farm with are the ones that don’t realise this, or rather who can’t control members who don’t. If your guild isn’t with the program then find a better one or ignore battleground altogether - but don’t bother coming here to tell us about it.. If you have suggestions for improvement then that may be interesting but if your idea is to remove camps then please don’t bother.
i dont call them top guilds anymore, i just call them farming guilds, just a bunch of players who know they dont stand a chance playing the game in a fair way so they must try to be the banker in the monolpy game. its funny how competition seems to be a dirty word or playing fair is laughed at

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
I could stand on one leg with an arm behind my back wearing a hat made of breadcrumbs on a windy rock outcrop near a flock of seagulls using an iPhone SE with bad 3G - and we’d still “win”. Why? Because we know the game, are invested in our members and sacrifice our time and energy to create opportunities for them, and plan for success. Yes we farm battleground. If you want to make it something different then good luck to you. But there’s this thing in life where you can take the world as it is or as you want it to be, and if you’re living in a fantasy then nothing real happens. You don’t have to accuse others of cheating because they play the game as it is, not how the pixies tell you it should be played. If the pixies have suggestions to improve the game then you have my attention, otherwise I’ll stick to my seagulls thanks.

Last edited:

Any Empire

Sergeant
Yeah, right, no military has ever needed an Alliance to win a war.... outside the Allies in WWII, WWI, etc. What utter bunk.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Yeah, right, no military has ever needed an Alliance to win a war.... outside the Allies in WWII, WWI, etc. What utter bunk.
your are so right, what utter bunk that guilds would ever need to make pacts. the only reason of course is there fear of losing which is understandable, and there lucky inno lets them cheat that way, sorry i mean lets them use such smart tactics

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
@fatugly You’re so obsessed with “winning”‘you just don’t get how little most of the people you’re accusing of cheating care about that. Anyway I give up you have your view and no one ever changed their opinion based on rational debate on the internet, so go ahead with your meaningless accusations. I’m sure it brings you great joy and solves your problems by complaining about them rather than actually doing something. There are things that could and should be done to improve battleground (LOGS!!) but you’re not talking about that so I have no further interest here. Best wishes.

It's the call of the Anarchists -- everybody, every guild -- No co-operation -- do what you want everybody for themselves.
These are the same people calling for No Logs in GbG - and - more importantly -- they are the same people that say → Be tolerant.

Be tolerant -- while they do what ever they want -- why should they Be tolerant of guild rules or any other rules and worse - why should they Be tolerant of Laws!

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
@fatugly You’re so obsessed with “winning”‘you just don’t get how little most of the people you’re accusing of cheating care about that. Anyway I give up you have your view and no one ever changed their opinion based on rational debate on the internet, so go ahead with your meaningless accusations. I’m sure it brings you great joy and solves your problems by complaining about them rather than actually doing something. There are things that could and should be done to improve battleground (LOGS!!) but you’re not talking about that so I have no further interest here. Best wishes.
yes you are right, i am obbessed with winning, but winning fairly is what i am always complaining about, this game has always been, a single player game and its been helpful to join guild in order to help yourself grow. i think some guild leaders forget that. one guilds description i had read had pages of rules and a list of names of people who were leaders that you should report things to ???? honestly more rules and regs which look more like demands, but at the end of there description they say there a fun guild ???? lol

i really dont have time for self important people who try to dominate others in a small group of people, we see that all the time in real life out in the real world, i come here to have fun and trying to beat other players to win, i dont want to win because other guilds have helped me to win. is that such a bad thing, why inno keep on bringing out half baked games that just get the players to learn how to abuse it is beyond me ?

my list of changes to make this game a real game again would be, get rid of the ark, limit gbs to level 10 or 20 max, make all gbs a condition you must be in the correct era to be able to build them, in gbg get rid of the sc, in gvg. make it every hour sectors can be attacked. there is a whole host of drastic ideas i have had that would make this game more playable in terms of fairness and of course stop these idiots who dominate via manipuilation of the game,

i llike to play chess, as its a game where my skill is up against that skill of the other player, and you can not cheat or have aids, if your crap you will lose if your any good you can win its a simple idea really, its a shame it doesnt catch on

i really can enjoy gbg in lower levels, can you guess why ? its because most of the time there is no set up swapping of sectors and all guilds fight for what they can get, it ends up with a fair result at the end of it, those in stronger guild will win but that is only right and fair, but they didnt win by rigging the contest

Emberguard

Legend
this game has always been, a single player game and its been helpful to join guild in order to help yourself grow
By that logic there’s either no such thing as a multiplayer game or the majority of ”single player” games are mislabeled as being multiplayer.

If you’re in single player then you can’t participate in GBG, GvG or GE because those are multiplayer. Your continent map is single player because you’re not versing or interacting with anyone except the AI

Forge of Empires from the start has had plundering you couldn’t opt out of, 2 map boosts per age and aiding. If this were single player none of that would be part of the game as you’d be self sustaining without events. Even the event buildings you’d want to replace goods buildings with mostly have needed to be aided to produce anything. You’d have to go about things in a very specific manner to avoid multiplayer in FoE and even then you can’t turn off plundering or aid (aside from not unlocking PvP)

FoE is a multiplayer game, of course. Why else have guilds and friends and neighbours - and battles not least. You need interaction with other players to progress properly. Not easy to play completely solo, almost impossible. The game is built for interaction between multiple players.

Maybe I'll try it in a new city. As a challenge for myself. No interaction with anyone. At all. No aiding or fighting or trading or GB contributions. No guild mates or friends. And no solving quests that ask you to interact with other players. That would be single-player. See how that goes :lol:

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Maybe I'll try it in a new city. As a challenge for myself. No interaction with anyone. At all. No aiding or fighting or trading or GB contributions. And no solving quests that ask you to interact with other players. That would be single-player. See how that goes :lol:
Would you even get access to quests outside of events if you avoided quests asking you to interact with other players? 'cause there's a invite quest early on, and a add friend quest and a aid 5 players quest......

If you start that city feel free to keep us apprised in the journal section :D

Would you even get access to quests outside of events if you avoided quests asking you to interact with other players? 'cause there's a invite quest early on, and a add friend quest and a aid 5 players quest......

If you start that city feel free to keep us apprised in the journal section :D
Nah, not going to bother with it. I think, I'll be stuck in Bronze forever :lol: Not possible to solve the bronze story questline without multi-playing.

Last edited: