• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

BhaaluJi

Corporal
This scoresheet is of a diamond league round (which Matthusula mentioned few hours back) with 5 days left. shambolic matchmaking. Inno need to fix the match making in guild battlegrounds. LP 1000 seem too easy a criteria to reach at moment, hence lot of incapable guilds are reaching the diamond league. How inno fix this is upto them, though we'd love to face guilds from other worlds like in GE

Attachments

• BG scoresheet.jpg
    BG scoresheet.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 212

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
That's your choice. Take a break, if you want.

Yeah that's what I do and just ignore it, doesn't really help the guild though to unwind :P Also defeats the entire point of "Holidaying" The game needs too much RL time to play with GBG going almost 24/7. It needs a bigger gap between rounds or something. I have other things to do in the day then beating most of my entire server in hits when I actually try

Morrisrat

Private
There is definitely something fundamentally wrong with the setup of GBG and the league system. Some weeks ago I joined a brand new guild and was there for their 1st GBG season. To say we were all disappointed would be an understatement. To say we had landed in a league where there was no competition would be wrong, we actually found that the other guilds were inactive. So we took the board, sat around with no possible fights waiting for next season. Now in Silver, again we found inactive guilds same in gold and almost the same in Platinum. Seems if you manage 1 battle you will get your guild into a higher league. So now we are in Diamond, which is crazy. It’s like having the football league with anyone willing to turn up to a match, put into the premier league. Surely Inno must realise, it’s not about the finishing position in your season, but how many battle/negociation points you manage to get in a season, I think if they based the leagues on that it would balance itself out and at least there would be more to gain as far as position is concerned

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Crazy idea here : have a special GBG where the zones never lock, imagine the warring!

Only issue is of course it'd turn out exactly the same as the current GBG, where everyone just farms sectors every time. :D

I do wonder what plans they have for GBG, cause I do think there will be updates that will shake it up. At least I hope.

Emberguard

Legend
Crazy idea here : have a special GBG where the zones never lock, imagine the warring!
I wouldn't mind this as a option as long as the rewards drop rates are altered in some way to reflect the reduction in time outs -AND- the VPs are calculated in minute intervals, not hourly. Even if that just means a lower amount of VPs per province and a lower amount of troops/goods/FPs/etc per drop while % chances stay the same.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
There is definitely something fundamentally wrong with the setup of GBG and the league system. Some weeks ago I joined a brand new guild and was there for their 1st GBG season. To say we were all disappointed would be an understatement. To say we had landed in a league where there was no competition would be wrong, we actually found that the other guilds were inactive. So we took the board, sat around with no possible fights waiting for next season. Now in Silver, again we found inactive guilds same in gold and almost the same in Platinum. Seems if you manage 1 battle you will get your guild into a higher league. So now we are in Diamond, which is crazy. It’s like having the football league with anyone willing to turn up to a match, put into the premier league. Surely Inno must realise, it’s not about the finishing position in your season, but how many battle/negociation points you manage to get in a season, I think if they based the leagues on that it would balance itself out and at least there would be more to gain as far as position is concerned
people are giving up with it and just doing the bare minimum to make sure they dont go up in league, i think they have worked out you can make a good steady amount of fps etc in lower leagues and get a game out of it rather than move up and be dominated where you are lucky to get a sector or 2, which is good in one way as it lets the big guilds fight it out and the lower ones just do there own thing, so there is no real competition going on we had our hopes raised and dashed as always if ever we hope to get a fair system in the game

NEO 1

Private
GBG for me is the biggest farce the creators have come up with...it is regular to log on only to find the ENTIRE map locked down by 2 guilds. Players with hugely inferior cities are now shooting up the rankings because they have nothing better to do with their days except buy siege camps and press buttons.
Players are leaving the game in their droves due to all their hard work building up their cities/ranking only to see their efforts negated due to the farce which is GBG. WELL DONE FOE you must be proud of this achievement :(

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
GBG for me is the biggest farce the creators have come up with...it is regular to log on only to find the ENTIRE map locked down by 2 guilds. Players with hugely inferior cities are now shooting up the rankings because they have nothing better to do with their days except buy siege camps and press buttons.
Players are leaving the game in their droves due to all their hard work building up their cities/ranking only to see their efforts negated due to the farce which is GBG. WELL DONE FOE you must be proud of this achievement :(
Ah thats called CB, 2 guilds taking control over the whole map. CB stands for checkboard 'cause it looks like a checkboard. Guilds do swaping sectors with scs that way. It might seem unfair for your guild but the guild that uses is very beneficial. My guild this week is on CB. That might be annoying if you are not the guild thats been locked down. If you are tired of being CB'ed, why not suggest your guild leaders to make a CB with a partner guild?
GBG is a very nice game, and thanks to it guild forging went super fast. If you really hate GBG why not try GVG in PC?
Its like GBG but you can have fights in particular era and requires fights, but usually in low attack bonus.

Attachments

• CB.PNG
    CB.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 145

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Ahhh, quite an ordinary thing when you get 1/3 of the map on reset and then, after you wake up, you see your guild having like only 3-4

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Not sure what that is but it sounds uncomfortable

The guild I am in does the sector swap dance and it hardly ever looks like a checkerboard
First time I heard it called that
CB exists only in some servers i see. Its really an interesting thing. In my east nagach city i havent seen a single CB. I can say quite fair playing. But guilds in brisgard and korch(and some other servers too) has CB in gbg. CB is common in diamond league there

CB exists only in some servers i see. Its really an interesting thing. In my east nagach city i havent seen a single CB. I can say quite fair playing. But guilds in brisgard and korch(and some other servers too) has CB in gbg. CB is common in diamond league there
Quite common all over, I think. Would be strange if it wasn't. Fair play, imo, guilds working together. Not much fun if you're being squeezed and blocked by the CB'ers, of course. Some players consider it as cheating and bullying. I'd call it tactical teamwork.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Quite common all over, I think. Would be strange if it wasn't. Fair play, imo, guilds working together. Not much fun if you're being squeezed and blocked by the CB'ers, of course. Some players consider it as cheating and bullying. I'd call it tactical teamwork.
agreed, very useful technique in this game. but funny that othet guilds moan amd groan LOL

Cuthwolf

Captain
This scoresheet is of a diamond league round (which Matthusula mentioned few hours back) with 5 days left. shambolic matchmaking. Inno need to fix the match making in guild battlegrounds. LP 1000 seem too easy a criteria to reach at moment, hence lot of incapable guilds are reaching the diamond league. How inno fix this is upto them, though we'd love to face guilds from other worlds like in GE
My guild is in diamond league in that world. We usually finish first or second but never get close to that guild: they smash us too. They are very organised, have a well stocked treasury and lots of committed players in different time zones. We just do enough to stay in diamond league and hope we don't meet them next time. So my advice is to do what we do - suck it up buttercup.

NEO 1

Private
GBG Starts at 0800 UK time,,,,The vast majority including myself are at work or on their way to work...we get home only to find the entire map locked down by 2 guilds. ....Pointless waste of time, it was never designed to work this way. at least with GvG a guild can fight for sectors...In GBG its who is willing to buy them hence the creators couldnt give a crap about 99% of the guilds that cant get a foothold on the GBG maps....We have a very successful guild in Houndsmoor world and are very strong on the GVG maps. but i feel sorry for our players and players from other guilds who come home from work only to find that they cant get a single fight in due to lockdown....Is this really what the creators had in mind when they dreamed up GBG ? Hmmmmmm/

GBG Starts at 0800 UK time,,,,The vast majority including myself are at work or on their way to work...we get home only to find the entire map locked down by 2 guilds. ....Pointless waste of time, it was never designed to work this way. at least with GvG a guild can fight for sectors...In GBG its who is willing to buy them hence the creators couldnt give a crap about 99% of the guilds that cant get a foothold on the GBG maps....We have a very successful guild in Houndsmoor world and are very strong on the GVG maps. but i feel sorry for our players and players from other guilds who come home from work only to find that they cant get a single fight in due to lockdown....Is this really what the creators had in mind when they dreamed up GBG ? Hmmmmmm/
Quite a stretched out assumption that the majority of players on the INTERNATIONAL server have the same work schedule as you have in the UK.
I could make a contrary assumption and claim that the majority of players don't work at all.

With GvG most of the fighting happens only one time a day, around reset; midnight UK. A time that is not suitable for all international players. With GBG the fighting happens all around the clock.
A strong GBG guild on the international server needs players from all around the world to cover the fighting 24/7.

Last edited: